Photo

Wean system my Dr. perscribed me..Please help!!

• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

#211 itdoeswork

itdoeswork

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • why_joining:
    The "it worked" really does work. Hope to help others wanting to get off of Cymbalta without withdrawal.

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:12 PM

I honestly think there are times that a person may need to be on medication for extreme anxiety and panic. I have had good past experiences using Klonopin for a short time and using Xanax. I actually found Xanax to do a "better job" for me. Xanax took away both my anxiety and panic. I would absolutely suggest it as an option for Cecile, I would've been in bad shape at the time if I hadn't used it. Cecile- are you currently taking anything to help?

#212 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:34 PM

Seems like we just have two news ones that are just the same.

Debbie

#213 itdoeswork

itdoeswork

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • why_joining:
    The "it worked" really does work. Hope to help others wanting to get off of Cymbalta without withdrawal.

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:06 PM

I have a feeling you like the old ones, like you. :)

#214 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:25 PM

Itdoeswork

Cecile was recently prescribed something by her doctor - I think it's called Flexeril - but she doesn't want to take it because she had such a bad experience with Cymbalta. So what we have been trying to offer is suggestions to help her cope in the long term. Medication is one option but in the case of Panic Disorder, and IMO, therapy is also needed. It is possible to learn to control PD without using medicationg long term. In addition, Cecile has told us that she wants to have a baby and therefore doesn't want to be on medication. She's got a couple of other issues and is seeing a doctor for those.

Our problem is that we have offered these suggestions multiple times. Have you heard the term "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink"? I think that about sums it up. We can offer all we like, and be as supportive as possible, but at the end of the day, it is Cecile's body and she has to decide what she wants to do. No one else can do it for her.

Hope that illuminates the situation for you
Junior

#215 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:35 PM

junior,
I really do think that you need Alanon, and I know they have it there.
Who ever this person is has issues, and your "going to the bank to get
ice cream"

I can't tell you how wonderful you are, and how you have gone overboard
in helping everyone here. How long we have been here has never made
one fat difference in how you have treated any of us.

I just hate to see you wasting your breath on people who do not want to
change. I am Powerless over another, and yes like you said, and we say
the same in AA "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him
drink" After you have told a person something 20 different ways it is
obvious that they are getting something out of the behavior that they
keep using, and never pick up any of the tools that have been offered.

Sometimes we do more harm in cont to beat our heads against the wall
with one person who won't try to help themselves, but keeps asking for
our help vs working with someone who truly wants the help, and is
picking up the tools to make changes, even if they are tiny ones at least
they are trying.

Your very good at what you do, I just hate seeing you kill yourself saying
the same thing so many different ways, and trying so hard to move a
100 lb rock when it can't be moved.

Love,
Debbie

#216 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 November 2009 - 06:37 PM

Awwww Debbie,

You are so sweet. Caring for me when you are going through such a hard time yourself.
I'm ok. Except that it's bl***y HOT here right now :-I I have information and I just try to share it. If it can help someone, that's great. If it doesn't - well, I can't do much about it. Especially on the net. I've learned that. I just wanted to explain to the newbie that there was more going on than that person understood.

Took my son to see the Michael Jackson 'movie' "This is it" last night. I got into MJ a few years ago (it's funny, I remember when Ben came out, when Billie Jean came out, how bigThriller was, yet I didn't get interested until 2003 - go figure) after watching that doco that got him in all that trouble - Living with MJ. I wasn't a crazed fan, just someone who was interested in his life... and then, for the first time, I discovered just how talented he was really was. What a voice. The man could sing almost anything - except maybe opera. LOL! Anyway, when my son saw the ad for the movie, he said he wanted to go. So we went last night and you know, it was really good. You can totally dispel all the rumours that he was drug-addled, and in a poor state of health. He was out-dancing his dancers and looked fitter than they were! At 50!! And he looked happy. It's such a shame. What a waste. I know his personal life was a mess... and I certainly don't condone everything he did... but boy.. what a talent. We won't see his like again.

Enough rambling =D
Junior

#217 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:19 PM

junior,
That is so sweet that your son wanted to go see that movie. Your a great mom!
I used to be so into MJ, and acutally got to see him in concert, front row, just a
few seats off from being in the middle. I can't remember the name of the tour,
darn it, but it was so amazing.

I was with my ex so it had to be in about the early 80's somethime. He surley
was the most talented singer, and performer of his time.

I lost everything I felt for him when all that came out about what he was doing,
and I didn't doubt it for one minute. I gues being an incest survivor myself, I
just got this thing in the pit of my gut. I am usually very intutive about perp's.
Then the crazy stuff he did hanging his own baby out of that window, so far
up in the air. That's all just plain crazy, and was his behavior too. He had so
many phscological disorders, and live a very weird life.

I do know they are saying here that his doctor will probally go to prison, and
I think that these doc's for the stars should. Somany have died, that didn't have
to, but because of money were able to buy their way. MJ also had so many other
doctor's that he was seeing under different names, being I am a recovered drug
addict I sure know the routine. I had over 70 rx's all across the US as I was
traveling, and never ever wanted to run out.

For some reason I just think it's odd that all of a sudden we have the newbies
here, and what they are saying. I do not as I wrote you elsewhere even believe
that this was even true, and also she just keeps telling the new ones how
we just like the old ones here, that we more or less are like a click, and just
not even wanting their info.

Well I already worte you about what I thought about that too! I am either having
some real strange paranoia withdrawls, but I just go but into eith of the two new
ones. The other didn't say to just take 20 mg of Prozac, and stop the Cymbalta,
and you wouldn't have any side effects. she just basically said it helped her right?
I mean she was not another saying that the samething worked for her, as if that
is the case, then I do know something is up.

Well there are my withdrawl parnoid symptoms, or whatever, I still trust my gut,
and say we are having someone just messing with what is so great here.

Love,
Deb

#218 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:47 PM

Hi Debbie,

I'm going to put my head on the chopping block here and say that I don't think it's as bad as you're thinking it is.

I have no doubt whatsoever that many are helped by prozac to the point where they have little problem getting of Cymbalta - there are too many stories even on this board for it not to be true.

I also have no doubt that there are many for whom it does no more than take the edge of their symptoms.

what percentage each group make up we've no idea.

We can't just assume that because the vast majority of us who post have lengthy and ongoing problems that we make up the majority. How would we know? As you've said yourself, why would you google 'cymbalta withdrawal' if you had no problems with it?

'We've' been suspicious of some who've come here saying they had no problems, saying that very thing ' - 'why would you come here?'.

Some have come here because they've had problems getting off before, or getting off other anti-d before, or know someone who's had problems, or been warned by what they read that they might have problems.

What they're suggesting isn't 'dangerous', - there's lots of misinformation along the line. Just look at the idea that you're getting the whole dose at once if you take the pills on their own. Those posts may actually discourage someone desperate, who can't get clear capsules and can't get sufficient Cymbalta. They may decide to go cold turkey, and we now know it's actually o.k., very, very, carefully, and as a last resort, to take the beads on their own rather than stop suddenly.

There should be, and there is, much of it with your assistance, a constant flow towards 'perfect' information about this drug and its withdrawal effects.

Haleyanne has admitted that she didn't intend her post to read the way it did; she's perfectly free to recommend a system which has worked for many; she now acknowledges that it may not work for everyone, but look at cases like Steve's where it's enabled him to travel without being on Cymbalta - a big win for him and the prozac method.

I was pretty hyper when I put my reply to Haleyanne's comments about opening the capsules being a bad idea, because that bit definitely was wrong; but it's not Haleyanne's fault that her doctor or pharmacist have the wrong idea about this - many doctors do. I'm very lucky that mine's listening to what I'm saying , and what I've learned the hard way from all of this.

Anyways, enough of this, I think we should just leave it be, it's really not helpful to comment about 'that person' on another post, because it doesn't give them an opportunity to explain themselves, even though they're quite obviously the person meant in the comment.

Don't you agree we should just move on?

I do hope you can see this the way it's meant; you have too much to offer to allow yourself to get caught up in something which I think is worth putting behind us.

Maureen. oxo

#219 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:35 PM

Debbie

Wasn't it you who questioned someone else publicly discussing another person on this board? Can't remember the details but I remember backing you up. In fact, as I type this I realise that I've been a hypocrite by doing the same thing myself.. just this morning (Aussie time). Not good.

You need to keep in mind that this is a public forum (not a closed circle) and that people are free to come here and post what they wish. You don't have to agree with them. You don't even have to respond to them! But they are free to have and voice their opinions, the same as you and I.

There is no "one size fits all" answer for getting off Cymbalta. Or for any other drug (I'm referring mainly to anti-depressants here but there could be others as well) for that matter. As you know, everyone is wired differently and will respond differently. Some have been off and on several psychotropic drugs and know a bit about it. Some haven't. Some have genuine 'problems' for which medication has been a godsend. Others have been duped by their doctors. We need to keep everyone's experiences in mind and try not to view everything through the lens of our own experience.

I know things have been incredibly hard for you so please don't take all of this as a criticism... just "friendly advice" :)

Cheers
Junior

#220 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:43 PM

PS - For what it's worth - I DON'T believe Michael Jackson molested anyone. I remember going right into what happened in 1993 (I was oblivious at the time because my son's autism was being diagnosed and it was all I could focus on) and it seems to me that MJ was very much set up. Sure, his relationship with Jordy Chandler was inappropriate but from his point of view, I actually think he was behaving like a child who desperately needed a best friend. When you consider his lack of a childhood, the stories of being beaten by his father (backed up by his brothers), the fact his father and brothers with groupies in hotels while a very young Michael would be in the next room (sometimes in the same room), and his lack of friends growing up - it seems highly likely that he was an emotionally / psychologically damaged person. Anyhow, the father of Jordy was an opportunistic prick ... enough said.

The 2003 was a copycat thing. The mother of Gavin Arvizo was a gold-digger. While Gavin was receiving treatment for his cancer, Michael paid for everything and had them come and stay at Neverland. Mum loved it and wanted more. When Gavin went into remission Michael told Mum the party was over and that it was time to leave. That's when she pulled the stunt she did. That and the footage from the Living with MJ doco got him arrested. It was later found out that Mum was pulling welfare while her husband was gainfully employed.

I believe he was very naive in some ways; very child like. And when you think of the millions of children he hosted, allowed through the gates and into his amusement park, the thousands of cancer sufferers that he supported financially, etc... you have to think that if he genuinely was a child molestor.. well.. where are all the others??????????

Rant over
Junior

#221 Cecile

Cecile

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA
  • why_joining:
    I have been on Zoloft for 6mon. and Cymbalta for almost 1 year. I want to get off Cymbalta the Dr. put me on it for my panic attacks wouldn't stop happening, so the Dr. put me on Zoloft I had bad!!! Side effects on Zoloft, so the Dr. switched me to Cymbalta I haven't had any bad panic attacks since I have been on the drug just maybe 2 or 3 since it's going on 1 year already, to make the long story short! I want off of this meds I have noooo feeling or emotion...only usually during my menestrual cycle and that's usually when my panic and anxiety erupts. Anyway, I want off this med's and back to the life that i use to have a fun life not having to worry when to take a pill, or if i'm gong to have a next panic attack. I only hope and pray to God. once off this drug I wont go back to myself when I had bad panic attacks! what do you think?? do you think once off this drug i will have them again?? Anyway, I want my life back basicly....... Cecile

Posted 08 November 2009 - 04:01 AM

I'm sorry i don't mean to make anyone mad..I'm going through rough times and feel helpless...(crying) sorry..

#222 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 November 2009 - 04:44 AM

Cecile, Cecile, Cecile.

You DON'T make us mad! Not for one second do you make us mad.

But you DO make us frustrated, because there ARE ways you can help yourself, but you ignore those posts that ask for some feedback from you about how you feel about what's been suggested.

You seem to only want a solution that's 'outside' yourself - one of which is drugs, which you've rejected.

I don't believe drugs can ever cure panic attacks.

They can only keep them at bay while you find the solution to what's causing/aggravating them.

Please understand that we just feel there's nothing more we can offer - everything that's known to anyone that's able to help you has been suggested. What else can we do?

I've suggested EFT, but you haven't commented. It means YOU doing the work. It's not a magical solution, but if you gave it a genuine try, you would see that you, YOU are in control. I'm not suggesting it's a quick fix. It's not.

Tell me this:: when your doctor put you on Cymbalta for your panic attacks, did he suggest / advise / or otherwise mention it would be a good idea to get help with sorting them out??

Maureen.

#223 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:49 PM

Ok everyone,
I am ready to just let everything go as I don't want this sort of thing
to be read by anyone new!
It's over, and done. For what ever I have done I am sorry, I say this
because I truly believe that I have harmed some.

Let's just get back to being a place where it safe to come, and get
support while going to hell, and back from these withdrawls.

Love,
Debbie

#224 Cecile

Cecile

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been on Zoloft for 6mon. and Cymbalta for almost 1 year. I want to get off Cymbalta the Dr. put me on it for my panic attacks wouldn't stop happening, so the Dr. put me on Zoloft I had bad!!! Side effects on Zoloft, so the Dr. switched me to Cymbalta I haven't had any bad panic attacks since I have been on the drug just maybe 2 or 3 since it's going on 1 year already, to make the long story short! I want off of this meds I have noooo feeling or emotion...only usually during my menestrual cycle and that's usually when my panic and anxiety erupts. Anyway, I want off this med's and back to the life that i use to have a fun life not having to worry when to take a pill, or if i'm gong to have a next panic attack. I only hope and pray to God. once off this drug I wont go back to myself when I had bad panic attacks! what do you think?? do you think once off this drug i will have them again?? Anyway, I want my life back basicly....... Cecile

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:36 PM

Maureen,
what is EFT?
I don't wan to take any other medication because i'm scared so i put the name of it in here so i can see if anyone is familiar with taking it, because i don't want it to be bad like Cymb. was bad for me and what it has done to me..I don't trust drugs out there anymore...Yes, i have been having panic attacks latley without any medication to help..i do breathing techiques and some others Junior has told me in one post..I'm trying to be strong..and hopeing they will just go away and never come back..yes, i guess u can say i'm trying to do it on my own..right now..If anyone feels that their hitting a brick wall with me they don't have to post anything to me unless you want to, sorry again..

Cece

#225 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:04 AM

Hi Cecile,

EFT stands for Emotional Freedom Techniques. It's a set of exercises for you mind that you do, that teach you that you have more control over you body than you realize. If you google it it will come up quickly.

Its similar to other things, like Neuro Linguistic programming etc, that are often used in these situations.

The problem with 'hoping they will go away' is that it is actually aggravating your problem. You're trying to turn your back on them, unsuccessfully. You have to meet them head on, if that makes sense, and deal with them. Not allow them to creep up on you, with you trying to pretend it's not happening etc.

You've heard the saying ' when the going gets tough, the tough get going'. That's what you've got to be - tough. You're letting them control you, and if you feel people are not going to want to talk to you because of that , you must surely be able to see that you're taking the wrong path.

I hear what you're saying about the things you've tried that Junior's recommended. Why not write a separate post to her telling her exactly what happened when you tried her methods? She may be able to elaborate for you.

Maureen.

#226 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:33 PM

Cecile have a look at this website. It apparently has a free 12 week, self-directed program you can follow once you've gone through the checklist.

It's a program initiated by a local University and The Australian Government.

www.anxietyonline.org.au

Maureen.

#227 cmonk

cmonk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationPottsboro,TX
  • why_joining:
    I am in the process of be weaned off cymbalta.

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:33 AM

My Dr. wanted me to do the 2 day on 1 day off at some point. It did not work for me and I had to call her and get Xanax to calm me down. I was at 60mg. I had gotten down to 30 mg with just flu symptoms.(i was also going to acupuncture and might have helped my fibromyalga) My acupuncture Dr. went on vacation when I started the 2 day on 1 day off. I was crying the brain zaps where bad I could not drive and couldn't think. I came to this site and decided to tapper off slower. I had gelatin caps already and I just took 20 lil pills out and in 2 or 3 weeks I decided to just half it instead of counting all the lil pills my eyes are not that good it made it about 15 mgs. I feel like a chemist with my funnel. 5 days ago I halved it again to 7.5 mg. I will stay on this mg till after thanksgiving.(I am going to California for 6 days)I still have brain zaps but not as bad and I am not sleeping rite but I feel a heck of a lot better tapering off this way. I am not sure if I am going to lower the dose again or just stop taking this junk. I am kinda afraid to just stop so I might lower 1 more time.

#228 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:15 AM

Good to hear you're tapering down - but you're doing fairly large jumps - I couldn't do the drops that you're doing without getting significant withdrawal effects.

As you've got the empty capsule, why not continue to taper at a slow rate? What's the rush?

I know we're all impatient to get off it, and of course you can always start taking it again if you have problems.

I had to start taking it again after trying to stop altogether at 10mg.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Maureen.

#229 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:31 PM

My Dr. wanted me to do the 2 day on 1 day off at some point. It did not work for me and I had to call her and get Xanax to calm me down. I was at 60mg. I had gotten down to 30 mg with just flu symptoms.(i was also going to acupuncture and might have helped my fibromyalga) My acupuncture Dr. went on vacation when I started the 2 day on 1 day off. I was crying the brain zaps where bad I could not drive and couldn't think. I came to this site and decided to tapper off slower. I had gelatin caps already and I just took 20 lil pills out and in 2 or 3 weeks I decided to just half it instead of counting all the lil pills my eyes are not that good it made it about 15 mgs. I feel like a chemist with my funnel. 5 days ago I halved it again to 7.5 mg. I will stay on this mg till after thanksgiving.(I am going to California for 6 days)I still have brain zaps but not as bad and I am not sleeping rite but I feel a heck of a lot better tapering off this way. I am not sure if I am going to lower the dose again or just stop taking this junk. I am kinda afraid to just stop so I might lower 1 more time.

cmonl,
Doctors have no idea how to get anyone off this crap, they also don't know or believe us about the
withdralws we are having, or that the symptoms we are presenting are due to this drug. We are the
ones who have been bringing them the material, like the withrdrawl symptoms, FDA report, and I have
even taken it to the pharmacy where I go!!!

Thank God he did give you Zanax, just don't start eating them like candy, as they are highly addictive,
also one builds up a tolerance very quicly to this drug if not very careful. I do use it, and have for many
years, but I only take my one little pills everyday, and no more. That's not to say I have not during all of
this that I have not had to takee it twice a day, but then once the panic, anxiety passes, I am back on
my regular does of 1 per day, around 11:00 am or even 3:00. I am also getting out of the house, and seeing
that I didn't even have to take it at all!

Your going very fast, and this is causing you to have the intense withdrawls, would you not like to just get off
this stuff, and at the same time not know your in hell? I would sure in the heck slow down. There is no race,
and the way we do it here allows you to function, and hardly have any withdrawls at all.

Just think about it, and what ever you do decide we are still here to support you!

I live in Long Beach Calif, what part of Calif are to coming to?

Debbie

#230 cmonk

cmonk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationPottsboro,TX
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:34 PM

Hi Debbie, I am Candy...I am going to Chino,Ca. I have only taken 3 Xanax's in the past month. The stuff scares me. I started the whole weaning off process in late Aug or early Sept. If for some reason I start to have a hard time with the whole tapering off I will just go up some. I have no desire to go through the hell of bad withdrawals even if I do not get off by x-mass. I just have to try and set some kind of goal. I am not freaking out and crying but,I do cry every night for no reason. I am watching t.v. and here comes the tears. I just have to laugh sometimes cause I can not believe this is happening!!!!

#231 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:55 AM

Hi Debbie, I am Candy...I am going to Chino,Ca. I have only taken 3 Xanax's in the past month. The stuff scares me. I started the whole weaning off process in late Aug or early Sept. If for some reason I start to have a hard time with the whole tapering off I will just go up some. I have no desire to go through the hell of bad withdrawals even if I do not get off by x-mass. I just have to try and set some kind of goal. I am not freaking out and crying but,I do cry every night for no reason. I am watching t.v. and here comes the tears. I just have to laugh sometimes cause I can not believe this is happening!!!!

Hi Candy, nice to meet you :)

I have read elsewhere that the recommended drop for all modern anti-depressants is 10% each time. I've seen people drop 1mg of Paxil per month and it seems that those who go slower, do better overall. Not sure where you are at right now but just thought that bit of info might help :)

It is also worth noting that SNRIs (Cymbalta and Effexor, for example) tend to need even slower tapering than SSRIs because they alter TWO neurotransmitters (chemical messengers) not just one. In addition, if 'we' interfere with one brain chemical, many others adjust their levels to create a new equilibrium. Obviously this needs to be 'undone' when we come off the anti-depressant and it can take some time. Unfortunately the amount of time differs for everyone but I think the recommended dose drops of 10% are a good starting point :)

Good luck
Junior

#232 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:49 AM

Candy,
That's not to far from where I live. It's way inland, I am am on the beach.
You sure have it down on how to do this! That's the idea with the slow
wean is to get the dose to where you have hardley any withdrawls at all,
none hopefully, and just stay there for about 2 weeks, and then decrease
like junior said about 10%, ect.

The crying thing is normal, some even get the laughing for no reason!
You and I started doing this about the same time! I just saw that just
now. I know I will not even be close to being off my 20 mg by Christmas,
but that's just me.

What dose are you on again? I am really kinda scattered right now, due
to my new decrease. It's not really that bad, but I do feel a bit strange.

Keep us posted as to how your doing.

Debbie

#233 cmonk

cmonk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationPottsboro,TX
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:47 PM

Debbie, I am on 7.5mg. I think I would be where you are at but I did a big jump from 60 to 30mg. I was doing acupuncture at the time and it helped me some and I suffered some to. I am just glad I found this site.Before I started this whole process I had started going to acupuncture for my firbromyalga. I refuse to take to pain pills daily. I was in so much pain and thought what do I have to lose? It can't be any worse then the pain I was in. I went and in just a couple of treatments I was in less pain than I had been in 7 years. I even quit smoking. I had noticed even with the pain not as bad I still did not want to get out of bed. So I decided to start getting off all my meds. I also take tranzodone for night terrors. That is going to wait till I am sleeping ok again. I also have put on a lot of weight. I am all most 200lbs. I was always little and about 130 or so and it is not healthy for me and the drugs have helped in the weight gain.....
I know where Long Beach is I grew up in California and my dads has a trucking company we had a office in Long Beach. I have been in Texas for the past 5 or 6 years.

#234 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:30 PM

Debbie, I am on 7.5mg. I think I would be where you are at but I did a big jump from 60 to 30mg. I was doing acupuncture at the time and it helped me some and I suffered some to. I am just glad I found this site.Before I started this whole process I had started going to acupuncture for my firbromyalga. I refuse to take to pain pills daily. I was in so much pain and thought what do I have to lose? It can't be any worse then the pain I was in. I went and in just a couple of treatments I was in less pain than I had been in 7 years. I even quit smoking. I had noticed even with the pain not as bad I still did not want to get out of bed. So I decided to start getting off all my meds. I also take tranzodone for night terrors. That is going to wait till I am sleeping ok again. I also have put on a lot of weight. I am all most 200lbs. I was always little and about 130 or so and it is not healthy for me and the drugs have helped in the weight gain.....
I know where Long Beach is I grew up in California and my dads has a trucking company we had a office in Long Beach. I have been in Texas for the past 5 or 6 years.

cmonk,
WOW you really are ahead of me, but like I say there is no race. I just have to hard of
a time with the withdrawls, when they do come back, and slap me down. That is certain
ones of them.

I wish to hell I could take them more like some have done, and I am even on Prozac 40 mg
and it really has helped, it just took longer for it to really start fully giving me some
energy, and spunk.

I was only 118, and gained 30-35 lbs due to this, and Lyrica. I didn't get it from eating, as I
have not been able to eat, that has been a big issue. What I did do coming off this was just
like anyone going through withdrawls off narcotics, crave sweets, but that was all I would
eat, and not thatt much at all. I do need to eat better, but still waiting for the motivation
to cook to come back, right now I just make myself eat anything that is good for me, and
not sweets.

So where in LB was the office. I live off of 7 th st, and Redondo, those are the two main
streets. Or how about Wilson High School? I am not that far from their either.
What a small world.

Well keep in touch, I know we both will make it off this crap, and on to great things.

Take care,
Debbie

I take Trazadone, and I will not give that up until all this is over. I never had to take anything,
but did have something happen in my life so thaat's when I was put on it. It also runs in my
family with some of my brother's and sisters.

#235 cmonk

cmonk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationPottsboro,TX
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 November 2009 - 06:47 PM

I can not remember the names of the streets it has been to long. We moved some I grew up in Rowland Hts. The office is in Chino now. I was put on Trazadone when I would get violent in my sleep....(my ex was stalking me) I think this also ran in my family my mom was known to kick out windows in her sleep. I would not even think of going off Trazadone till this if over and my boby and mind start to heal some.

#236 Cecile

Cecile

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:56 PM

Maureen,

It's Cecile

I took ur test and there a repeating questions on there over and over again..I didn't get to finish yet..It can take up to a hour and it keeps giving me the same questions..

How are you doing off the Cymb?? the problems only started once you have gotten off completly like i have been going through, I hope and pray it doesn't happen to you..If it does maybe you will see what i'm going through and how bad it's gotten life after cymbalta..I went to my pyhc. yesterday and he says the Cymbalta might still just be in my system...and might still be withdrawing that's where all my anxiety/panic attacks are coming from...but i had them before soo who's to tell you know? it could be both..I went today to a Phyichal therapist and she says i'm very stiff and tight around my neck and that's what's causeing my back to hurt too..I do hope phycial therapy works..I'm also going to see a Nuro surgen for my neck because xrays came out with that curvature.

I wish i would have slowed down on my weaning proccess i started in late Aug. and i went cold turkey after Sep. 16th..I wish i could have took the time to get through this and not rushed it!! maybe that's why i feel the way i feel now...everyone else is still tapering that started in August and I'm not..I can't turn back time..but if i did i would have started like you Maureen..

Problem for today! Shocking feeling in my arms and hands and head zaps seisure like feeling.
Cece

#237 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:35 PM

Hi Cecile,

It's not MY test, it's a site I thought you might find useful - still trying hard to help you!

The questions may sound identical but often people will answer no to one, and yes to another if there's a slight difference.

It's a highly regarded site, and it's free so make the most of it.

I don't believe I AM going to have any significant problems - they are trivial now, and decrease by the day.

Remember how we were all encouraging you to do it the proper tapering way, instead you continued with what wasn't advised by us. That, combined with the fact that your underlying problems have NOT been solved, is no doubt why you're having problems.

MY underlying problem has gone, and I tapered from 20mg to 1mg over 10 weeks, a little bit less every few days, so my body slowly adjusted to the lower dose at a regular rate.

I don't doubt your life is bad, but if you keep trying to 'externalize ' it, then no one, no doctor, no friend, no family will be able to help you.

You keep NOT HEARING us - the problem comes from within you. YOU are the only person who can deal with your panic attacks.

* Have you enrolled in a yoga course?
* Have you booked an appointment with a psychologist?

etc etc. A solution is NOT going to just fall out of the sky.

You're somehow implying that those of us who've bent over backwards (despite having our own problems) to help you just don't understand.

You said yourself you're 'hoping' it will go away, like an ostrich burying its head in the sand. When we say that won't work, you get angry with us.

You know to be honest, I was rather hoping you'd come back and say 'thanks, Maureen, I really appreciate you still thinking about me. I'll work hard to work out what I need to do to complete that questionnaire and let you know the results.'

I AM happy to keep talking, but I want to know what you're prepared to contribute to the discussion, not just how bad it is for you.

regards, Maureen.

#238 Cecile

Cecile

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 November 2009 - 10:17 PM

Maureen,

I'm sorry i have upset you, but yes i have tooken the test for almost over 2hrs and yes it does repeat the same questions over and over again..I still continue to take it right now as we speak and it's doing it to me right now, i want to finish the test but it's neverending..I'm soo hungry right now for dinner i will try finishing it after i make dinner...and yes, i will let you know the answer i appriciate everything that you have done for me. : )

I finished the test! I scored the most Highest in the "Specific Phobia" witch yes, i would say it was true i'am very scared of getting panic attacks..their right..
when was the day you started your tapering? I'm glad your not getting no side effects.. Also, they said there is no online program for that and to visit my Dr..and if i live in Aust. there is a site to click on to find Psychatirst.. i did start the sad online program.

cece

#239 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:50 AM

Hi Maureen and Cecile

Maureen, thanks for giving that website link to Cecile.

Cecile

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I have given you SO much information, suggested SO many things, even typed information from a book I have with very detailed information on Panic Disorder and you've done nothing about it.
Maureen is right. Mind you, she has only echoed what I've said in the past. You have to take control of your life and not wait for someone else to do it for you. YOU have to see a psychologist. YOU need to research information on Panic Attacks. YOU need to help yourself. In order to do that, I suggest you search online for Claire Weekes. I read one of her books several years ago (on anxiety) and it was excellent. I know there are links to some of her techniques. I've seen them posted elsewhere. But I'm tired of providing you with information and seeing you do nothing with it. SO... if you want the help she can give, YOU need to find it for yourself (not trying to be rude, just trying to get you to take control of your own life /situation).

Cheers
Junior

#240 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:41 AM

Hi Cecile,

The reason I posted the link to the site is because it has a 12 week self help course, once you've been given the result of the questionairre.

I know you found the questions long and repetitive, but believe me, no questionnaire IS going to just keep asking the SAME question. It might sound the same to you, but if it's worded differently, some people will answer them differently depending on their own situation.

For example (and I haven't looked at the questions), do you thing these two questions are the same:

* Do you feel panic in crowds?
* Do you feel panic in large groups of people?

(These aren't for you to answer, I just want to know if you think they sound like they're asking the same thing.)

??

Maureen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users