Photo

Feeling Suicidal. Not Sure If I Have Any Options Left.

• Please log in to reply
1636 replies to this topic

#991 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 February 2020 - 02:16 PM

Polly, Gall stones do develop primarily on the right side but, depending on the location of the stone, it can inflame the pancreas which is on the left side right below the ribs. It usually feels a little like a cramp.

#992 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    It's really difficult finding support for conditions like this. There's really nothing at a local level so the internet is pretty much it.

Posted 06 February 2020 - 02:21 PM

Polly I believe it lasted most of the summer. About 2 or 3 months and it kind of just lessened until it disappeared. I remember it being quite disturbing tuough.

#993 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 February 2020 - 02:23 PM

I found 2 or 3 references to severe stomach "viral infections" can cause it and that sure sounds like the stomach flu. There are so many factors that effect the recovery the researchers would not speculate. I can depend on your age, diet, medication, other medical condition and infections, etc. This is a condition not a disease so it depends on the causative disease and how long it takes to treat it and then to heal. I would suspect that once the source was eliminated it would take 4 to 6 weeks as that is common for most digestive conditions.

#994 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 February 2020 - 02:32 PM

One reason you probably didn't find much was that the infection is not called stomach flu but actually
called gastroenteritis.

An example of one of the viruses that causes villous atrophy is mentioned in the article below. That particular virus started in pigs and now infects humans as well. There are many other forms on gastro-virues.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.../pubmed/1229058

#995 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 02:42 PM

Thanks FH and Lyla. I've been off nearly 3 months so am really hoping it goes soon. I'm also having random sweats throughout the day. You're right about the pain Lyla, it is disturbing!

Apart from these 2 symptoms, I feel OK. Maybe it is gallstones - at least I will know in the next 2 weeks.

Thanks.

Polly

#996 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    It's really difficult finding support for conditions like this. There's really nothing at a local level so the internet is pretty much it.

Posted 06 February 2020 - 04:04 PM

Polly I wouldnt worry too much about it. These symptoms are fairly typical. Did you or are you taking a benzo as well? Sweats super common. They will all resolve. Paleo diet really helps. Small meals every 3 hour or so. Plenty of fresh vegetables. Limit your fruits and all sugar. No alcohol. Sleep best you can. If those are your only symptoms then the road to recovery probably isn't long. Go do something fun to take your mind off it for a day. It can do wonders!

Hat. Its been 6 and a half weeks. Hopefully it resolves soon otherwise I'll have to take a ppi. Gonna wait to see what the ENT says on Saturday. Hoping he can do a quick endoscopy and tell me how bad my throat looks.

#997 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 February 2020 - 04:14 PM

"Small meals every 3 hour or so."

Ohhh, Yea!! That is a really good tip Lyla.

Don't forget, ppis can make villous atrophy worse. Just saying. You got to do what you got to do though. You probably noticed in the one table that there are some tests that can be done to determine if some of the issues are applicable to your situation.

#998 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 February 2020 - 04:24 PM

Ya I had a celiac blood test today and will go from there but I suspect it came from the flu (at least I hope).

#999 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 04:26 PM

Thanks Lyla. No, I'm not taking a benzo. I took Diazepam for a short while but stopped them last August. I will hang in there and hope it resolves soon. Hope your stomach is better very soon too!

#1000 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 February 2020 - 06:33 PM

How did you feel after you stopped the benzo? That's what's got me in this whole mess to begin with!

#1001 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 February 2020 - 10:06 PM

My ear is killing me tonight. Too much fiber today I think. I just don't know what to eat anymore. Maybe I'll just stick to celery. It's the only thing I know that wont set me off!

#1002 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 03:54 AM

I'm not sure how I felt when I stopped it as the doctor's tried me on 4 different AD'S last year, so my system was all over the place! This is why I think I'm suffering now. I only took a very low dose of Diazepam for about 3 months. How long were you on a benzo?

I have woken up this morning with very aching shoulders and arms! It feels like I have been beaten. My stomach seems OK but my ear is still blocked. I feel a bit uptight/anxious. When did that fade for you in withdrawal? Hope you have a better day today.

Polly

#1003 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 February 2020 - 07:22 AM

I was on a benzo about 3 or 4 times a week for 3 months. It took me about 1.5 years to feel better from that but only because I didnt know the risks of drinking alcohol after. Then I had alcohol setbacks that were unintentional because because basically everything is made with alcohol these days and every nice restaurant cooks their food with it. Studies show it's a myth that alcohol cooks out food easily.

Do you think your ear is blocked from the reflux?

#1004 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 12:29 PM

So do you mean you started drinking alcohol again straight after you came off them? I didn't know that either. However, I have only had 2 alcoholic drinks in the last 13 months. I hope it's not going to take me that long to get back to normal 😫.

Not sure whether the ear is from reflux. Today I have had chest tightness and it's so hard to get air into my chest. I went to my friend's house earlier. She has a cat and I could feel my chest getting tighter and my nose and face have been itching ever since! I have taken an antihistamine and my asthma inhalers. Maybe I have developed allergies through all of this. Although, my mum developed severe hayfever and allergies during menopause so maybe I am following her. This is getting me down now! How are you today?

#1005 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 February 2020 - 01:45 PM

Our histamine levels go out of whack in withdrawal. You're going to get what appears to be allergic reactions. Also, your reflux can affect your sinuses and cause further problems. You might also notice unusually dry skin at the same time. Not to worry. You'll get better :)

#1006 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 February 2020 - 01:47 PM

HAT I got a prescription for Lansoprazole. I'm going to try it tomorrow, however it appears to come in capsules rather than a solid pill. Should I just open the capsule and dump some of the powder out? No idea how to measure such a thing. Very skeptical about trying this but I dont think I have any other option. I think based on my last reaction to pantoloc, I'm wondering if it was even just the absorption that affected me. The heart pounding starting literally an hour after I took it. That tells me that theres another thing about the drug that sets us back.

#1007 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 February 2020 - 02:08 PM

Yea, that is what I would do. Just open the capsule, pour out about 3/4 and take the rest. A little bit more each day until youn see how you do. Looking forward to feedback.

#1008 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 February 2020 - 02:50 PM

FH should be quite interesting. Btw I know this breaks my no supplements rule but has anyone ever discussed digestive enzymes on this forum? Wondering if they would interact negatively with the poison.

#1009 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 February 2020 - 03:34 PM

Not much. A few members have had gall stones and pancreatic problems and had to take prescription meds for that but not really any kind of detailed conversation.

#1010 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 February 2020 - 03:36 PM

They got gall stones and pancreatic problems from taking a digestive enzyme supplement?

#1011 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 February 2020 - 07:41 PM

No,They had to take digestive enzyme supplement to treat their gallstone and pancreatic problems.

Sorry, I was not very clear.

#1012 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 07 February 2020 - 07:53 PM

So much to keep up with here...!

All these GI issues. I really feel for you both. Reminds me of this time last year when I was having similarly unknown issues - but this was on Lexapro and/or Celexa... but having said that, it was only 4 months or so after my last Cymbalta dose, so it wouldn't surprise me if it were that which set it all in motion having seen the "trend" that it is setting on the forum at the moment.

#1013 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 11:44 AM

Hi all

After having no stomach pain yesterday and just breathing issues, my stomach is in agony today! I woke up with it and it has stayed with me all day😫. There seems to be a pattern that it's every other day. This has got to still be withdrawal as my stomach ties itself in a knot when I get nervous about something, but I'm not feeling anxious in myself if that makes sense? I may try digestive enzymes to see if they help, before I eat. I can't wait for the scan on Friday.

Hope you are all having a good Saturday. Lyla - have you tried the Lansoprazole yet?

Polly

#1014 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 February 2020 - 11:54 AM

At least it is every other day and not every day. Is there any meds you take on an every other day basis?

#1015 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 February 2020 - 12:38 PM

Polly. The digestive enzymes might be helping me but I'm unclear. Just make sure to get one without peppermint. They certainly dont seem to be doing any harm in any case.

I saw my ENT today and he says I have "severe swelling" around my larynx in the front portion near my esophagus. He said this could cause the breathless sensation, ear pain and sore throat. My symptoms are decent so far today but I'm going to probably try the Lansoprazole this evening for the first time. FH I'll try your recommendation and maybe try a quarter dose or so to start. Heart pounding is usually a good initial indication as to a reaction.

#1016 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 01:06 PM

Hat - no I don't take any medication on an every other day basis. I've just been taking Ranitidine twice a day - 150mg morning and evening.

That's good news you are having a better day Lyla. What your consultant say explains a lot. I have sore patches in my Oesophagus so maybe that's causing the breathlessness. I will try the enzymes with my evening meal later and with each meal after that. Thanks!.

#1017 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 February 2020 - 02:02 PM

FH I did some Googling and found the following info...

Pantoloc CYP2C19

Lansoprazole CYP34A and CYP2C19 (mediated)...  drug is consumed by the enzyme-mediated reaction

Cymbalta CYP2D6 and CYP1A2

So the questions I have are 

1. Neither Pantoloc or Lansoprazole seem to be using the same enzymes in the liver as Cymbalta. In theory, why would I react better with Lansoprazole than Pantoloc in that case? 

2. Pantoloc and Lansoprazole both use the enzyme CYP2C19. So if Lansoprazole also uses that enzyme then doesn't that ensure that it will also affect absorption of Cymbalta? How are they any different? 

#1018 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 February 2020 - 02:47 PM

ALSO I'll throw this question out to everyone... as to give FH some rest from me lol. 

Digestive enzymes interactions while still on Cymbalta?? I'm assuming it won't affect it but one can never be sure with this poison. 

#1019 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 February 2020 - 06:22 PM

"Cymbalta is also broken down by enzyme CYP1A2 which Lansoprazole also uses BUT
Lansoprazole also causes the liver to release more enzyme CYP1A2 so there is little competition with Cymbalta. It should be noted that genetic mutations in the structure of CYP enzymes are fairly common so exemptions to these rules are also common." See below references.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.../pubmed/8930576
https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4139355/

https://pubchem.ncbi...nd/pantoprazole
http://dmd.aspetjour...ontent/32/8/821
Pantoprazole inhibits CYP3A4 as well as CYP2D6, CYP2C19 and CYP2C9,

#1020 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 February 2020 - 06:24 PM

Lyla, let me know which enzymes and I will look into it tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users