Photo

Feeling Suicidal. Not Sure If I Have Any Options Left.

• Please log in to reply
1636 replies to this topic

#961 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 February 2020 - 06:40 PM

That is n great video except her belly does not move in and out, only her chest cavity. NOT breathing with the diaphragm.

#962 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    It's really difficult finding support for conditions like this. There's really nothing at a local level so the internet is pretty much it.

Posted 04 February 2020 - 06:48 PM

Hey Polly

I feel really tired and crappy today but strangely enough it's been my best day for reflux since this all started. Not sure what I've done to make the difference but I'll list a few things.

1. Yesterday most of my diet was vegetables and celery juice.
2. I haven't had any animal proteins except whey since yesterday morning.
3. I fasted from 6pm yesterday until 11:30AM today
4. I've made a deliberate effort to relax my stomach muscles more than usual.
5. I eat raw brocolli after each meal.

So not sure what it is that helped today or if it was a combo of factors. By no means am I ready to declare anything yet after just one day. Tomorrow may be a very different story.

#963 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 04 February 2020 - 07:01 PM

That is n great video except her belly does not move in and out, only her chest cavity. NOT breathing with the diaphragm.

I was watching for it, and she isn't really the right build to be demonstrating it, but it was more about the way she was positioning her hands as it really helps when you are looking at your hands on different points of the torso. 

It isn't something that is very easy to explain other than in person.... best get Polly off to a Tai Chi class!

#964 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    It's really difficult finding support for conditions like this. There's really nothing at a local level so the internet is pretty much it.

Posted 04 February 2020 - 07:47 PM

Oh and another thing Polly. I also dont didnt sleep at all on my right side last night. For some odd reason, it seems to be a trigger for reflux.

#965 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 08:00 AM

Thanks All. I am trying to practice my breathing at work. I think that 1 antifungal has messed my system up. I have read that it can stay in your system for 6-9 days!

I am still feeling the effects today - shortness of breath(but it is a bit better),lower stomach ache, random sweats and anxiety which comes and goes. I am able to push through it though - it definitely feels chemical and not something I'm bringing on myself if that makes sense?! As I have no control over it.

God, this is fun! Not. Lol.

IUN - I hope today is much better for you than yesterday was. I hope everyone else is having a good day.

Polly

#966 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 February 2020 - 08:46 AM

Polly. The best course of action in wd is not to panic with symptoms and not seek medical treatment without clear test results indicating that you need it. I cant stress it enough how important it is to avoid meds and supplements. Your symptoms are fairly common as you're still in the acute stage of wd and they will clear up as time goes on providing you allow your body to return to a state of homeostasis. It takes some time to learn the ropes as to what not to do while in wd. Diet is the most important aspect and takes a while to learn. 90% of your serotonin is in your gut so it makes sense that your stomach will be in a chaotic state at the moment. My guess is that you just have gastritis which is very common in withdrawal. Stress is a major cause of it. You'll be ok. Just keep doing the right things. I've been at this for 3 years now almost constantly and I made a lot of mistakes along the way. Dont be like me! lol :)

#967 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 February 2020 - 10:06 AM

"4. I've made a deliberate effort to relax my stomach muscles more than usual."
I love this step. It can be great.

Your last post was wonderful. It says it all.

#968 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 February 2020 - 10:13 AM

Well Polly that was an interesting research I just did. You mentioned what you had heard about how long Flucanozole can stay in the body, I looked in the medical research and found no articles which determined the half life. There were a few mentions of it in some of the medical websites but they vary from 15 hours to 12 days!!! That makes it about as clear as mud. lol

#969 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 February 2020 - 10:25 AM

I new if I kept going I would strike it rich!!  lol

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/14699449
Systemic exposure has a linear relation to dose, and plasma half-life (t½) is 30 hours.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3522083/
The half-life (t½) was similar across all three pediatric age groups (21.4 h, 22.7 h, 21.4 h).

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/8375121/
5 to 89 hrs

https://www.ncbi.nlm.../pubmed/9727851
35 hours

https://link.springe...199324010-00002
The average elimination half-life (t½) of 31.6 ± 4.9h is long

#970 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 05:06 PM

Thanks for all your comments a d thanks for the research Hat! This afternoon I started to feel better and this evening I have felt the most 'normal' I have since I can remember😁.

My breathing has been much better and the Ranitidine has definitely worked for my stomach! Fingers crossed for more times like this🤞🙏🙏.

I'll keep you posted. Hope everyone is OK and that you have had a good day.

Polly

#971 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 05 February 2020 - 05:41 PM

"This afternoon I started to feel better and this evening I have felt the most 'normal' I have since I can remember"

This is great news! Lovely bit of light shining through; and this is a good sign. Knowing that your various organs CAN indeed behave themselves!!

Absolutely - lets hope that this continues...

#972 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 February 2020 - 05:58 PM

Fantastic!!!!

#973 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 February 2020 - 06:44 PM

That's great Polly. Dont be discouraged if symptoms come back. They go up and down sometimes until they go away completely :)

#974 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 February 2020 - 06:47 PM

So I went to my gastro doctor today and she said I have villus atrophy in my small bowel. She said the most common cause is celiac but it's very doubtful I have celiac disease. She mentioned some medications can possibly cause it although I cant find any research if duloxetine can cause it. I did find one piece of research saying that it can be caused by viral infections but theres no indication how long it takes to heal. My stomach flu was 4 weeks before I had the gastroscopy.

I'm seeing my ENT on Saturday morning. That will be more interesting.

#975 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 February 2020 - 07:28 AM

FH why does Gaviscon affect absorption of cymbalta if it's taken like 10 hours apart or is it just the magnesium component that sends us into waves?

#976 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 February 2020 - 08:06 AM

I can say with a fair amount of confidence that any kind of meat makes my reflux problems worse. Had meat for the first time in 48 hours yesterday and my symptoms got much worse. This sucks!

#977 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 February 2020 - 09:28 AM

Lyla, there are different formulas for Gaviscon products but most contain Alginic acid as well as magnesium. This acid is a polysaccharide (starch) that absorbs moisture in the stomach to form a gel like material. During that absorption it also absorbs any medicine e in that liquid.

Info will be coming later today on the villus atrophy.

Yes, meats, especially red meats can increase stomach acidity. Proteins are 7 times harder to digest than carbs so the body compensates by increasing acid production. Meats like white poultry are some easier to digest and cause less of an issue. It can be wise to take protein powder if going to a low meat diet. Caution must be used as most protein powders don't actually contain proteins but amino acids. The trick is to find a brand with a balance of amino acids. I have looked at dozens of protein powders and have yet to find one with a balanced approach. Many say something like 'contains 12 amino acids' which may be true but if you can get a copy of their analysis they are 95% glutamate and only 5% the other 11 amino acids. To me that is not balanced.

#978 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 February 2020 - 09:40 AM

So Gaviscon absorbs the medicine no matter how far apart I take it? I took one tablet last night cuz i was desperate. Thank Hat

#979 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 February 2020 - 10:09 AM

Lyla, the information I wanted you to have on the Villous Atrophy is in a format that will not post here so I will send it to you in a PM as an attachment (I hope). For any members who are curious they can look at the following link.

https://www.mayoclin...0892-3/fulltext

Sorry Lyla I could not post the information in a PM. The basics are covered in the first two tables in the above link.

More on Gaviscon in a minute.

#980 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 February 2020 - 10:48 AM

As the Alginic acid gel is formed in the stomach it will physically attach to foods, meds, bacteria etc that are present.

Alginic acid has been used to coat and protect the various items noted below for administration to humans. Research indicates that this gel will slowly breakdown in the small intestines although Gaviscon bezoars have been documented in high doses of Gaviscon. A bezoar is a physical blockage of the GI tract.

https://www.scienced...302489?via=ihub
https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5546308/
https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4198431/
https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4986470/
https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4519473/
https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3534973/
https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4163548/
Stem cells, vaccines. biosensors, enteric coating for supplements and probiotics, Drug and cell enteric coating

More info in a little bit as I am starving and going to have a quick bite to eat.  lol

#981 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 February 2020 - 11:20 AM

Haha thanks so much HAT. I've never encountered someone who is as knowledgeable about retrieving the right info! But cymbalta isnt still being absorbed in the stomach several hours after taking a dose, is it?

#982 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 February 2020 - 11:35 AM

As the Alginic acid gel passes through the small intestines it would still ne capable to absorb some of the cymbalta that is present there. It would take the gel 24 hours or longer to pass through the entire system and be eliminated.

#983 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 February 2020 - 12:03 PM

I also found 5 references to Gaviscon causing blockage of the intestines. This gel that is formed floats but is relatively solid. For example it is used to make imprints for producing dentures. It is also used to remove toxic materials from the body (carbon, metals and drugs from overdoses).

https://www.ncbi.nlm...00730-0113b.pdf
3 cases

Hewitt GJ, Benham ES. A comnplication of Ciaviscon in a
neonatc-the Gavisconoma'. Ausi Paediatr J 1976;12:47-8.
1 Case

Sinaasappel M, Den Ouden WJ, Luycndijk I, Degenhart HJ.
Increased vomiting induced by an antiemetic drug. Arch Dis
Child 1984;59:272-4.
1 case

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3603781/
1 case

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3307440/
2 cases

#984 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 February 2020 - 12:22 PM

HAT is it possible that cymbalta causes the small bowel villous atrophy?

I'm a little bit worried about a setback from taking gaviscon last night. I am feeling a bit off again. I only took 1 tablet though.

#985 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 February 2020 - 12:53 PM

I would believe so. There is considerable research to show that Cymbalta as well as NSAIDs (Tylenol, aleve, etc) can produce colitis   Associations with various drugs have been found for colitis , especially proton pump inhibitors, H2 blockers, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) as well as snri. While colitis is usually associated with watery stools that may not be the case with drugs that affect serotonin. It is also important to note that viral infections such as severe stomach flu can cause Villous Atrophy but that usually resolves with time.

#986 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 February 2020 - 01:04 PM

Drugs are the third most common source for villous atrophy.

#987 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 01:20 PM

Hi All

Well I spoke too soon! The stomach pain has been back today. I haven't done anything different, as far as I know. The pain is at the top of my stomach, under the left side of my ribs. Any idea what this could be? It's like a really sore pain and like some is putting a needle in my side😫. It's been pretty much constant all day. The doctor still thinks it's gallstones but that's the right side isn't it? Could it be gastritis?

Thanks.

Polly

#988 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 February 2020 - 01:25 PM

Polly I used to have that exact same pain in the early stages of my benzo withdrawal and it was a very common symptom from others I've spoken to. Its scary but it passes. Nevertheless, you may want to get an abdominal ultrasound if you havent already.

As I said, these things go up and down but eventually pass.

#989 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 01:29 PM

Thanks Lyla. It's a weird pain, hard to describe. Can you remember how long it lasred and did it just disappear one day? 11 weeks completely off Cymbalta.

I'm having an ultrasound on the 14th.

#990 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 February 2020 - 01:30 PM

FH did you read that severe stomach flu causes it? I was trying to find something about that. I wonder how long the recovery time is though. Thanks again

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users