Bead Counting Tapering - New To Me So All Advice Welcome!

• Please log in to reply
513 replies to this topic

#211 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2019 - 04:39 PM

They need to be led under armed guard, herded onto a barge and ferried along through Traitor’s Gate to the Tower. End of! I just washed a pair of plugs so will likely have them in tonight though my right ear’s a bit tender. Glad you could drift off. She’s gone to bed ages ago so will be up before 6am, I imagine. Aye, the Universe loves a laugh!

The weakness and shakes sound bad. Am wondering what I’d get for having the foolhardy idiocy to cold turkey off 10mg Duloxetine. Want it out of my system. It helps pain but also causes it, I believe, and I want to know what’s what. Also, I’ll never have normal sleep while I’m on it. What do you reckon? Ear plugs are dry, curlywurly :)

#212 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 05 May 2019 - 04:46 PM

Ah - you might find the plugs no longer squish properly. The water tends to do for the foam - or at least this is what happened when I tried to wash them. I long for the day I can have a house again and not suffer the noise. Communal living certainly takes its toll. 

DO NOT go cold turkey off those last 10mg NM. No way. Absolutely not. Please. By all means taper, and start that taper now if you feel you can, but a quick taper means a longer withdrawal in most cases. Hat et al will back be up here. I speak of experience from doing 10mg CT myself - but I was forced into it as I had my beads taken away from me. 

Promise me you will start with a bead per day and give it a week... please... fizz-wizz. Wow do you remember that stuff?? It was this popping candy stuff.

#213 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2019 - 04:56 PM

That’s ok, I have 19 pairs of squidgies left! I’m in a bungalow and it’s all coming through from the side. It’s like me, the neighbour and her 3 cats and 1 dog all live in a cardboard shoebox with a tissue partition. The dividing wall is just a stud wall. It’s rubbish. Ok, moan over!

I HEREBY PROMISE NOT TO COLD TURKEY OFF THE 10MG DULOXETINE AS I KNOW IT’S INCREDIBLY IDIOTIC, EVEN FOR ME!!! and relax....lol. Imagine them taking your beads away. Tis criminal :(

Now fizz-wizz I don’t recall. Popping sounds like great fun though, sherbert dip!

#214 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 05 May 2019 - 05:21 PM

Good girl!! Trust me - it is for the best.

They took my beads away due to risk of seizures. Taking them away made them far worse... and I even told them that. Not going back down this road - it will make me mad.

Keep us all informed of how the counting goes, wiggly worm :)

#215 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2019 - 05:28 PM

I will, butter bean, though won’t start till the melatonin arrives and I see how that affects me. Hope you and your wife have hours and hours of deep, refreshing sleep. Am going to try for some meself though know I’ll be awake again in a couple of hours. Love and blessings and sleep, lemon pip xxx :) xxx

#216 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 06 May 2019 - 01:17 PM

Good plan... Well we did have good sleep - in a bit premature. I started doing my meditation 2 hours before bed, and then woke up at bedtime! So I just turned over and carried on - so did wake a bit early, but got a good 7 hours all the same. Nightmare dizziness and head fog today again. Doing all I can to take it in my stride.

How's your day going... purple sprouting??

#217 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2019 - 03:06 PM

Glad you got some kip, though the dizziness can be scary, I know. I always have brain fog now. Used to be so vibrant and quick thinking. I’ve done lots of odd jobs today and not minded my neighbour being there, and the blackbird’s singing its evensong now. Exquisite! Last night I watched episode 3 of Retreat: Meditations From a Monastery on BBC iPlayer. This week was from Belmont Abbey in Hereford and there was a renowned Peruvian iconographer there creating a wonderful painting. Truly beautiful. The programme is a really gentle, quiet hour where the monks go about their daily lives. I recommend it for a chill down before meditation or bed.

It’s gone so quiet now and almost time to light my candle and incense. You, Gail Lion Soul, and everyone here, there and everywhere will be in my prayers. How’s your evening planning out, cherry blossom? :)

#218 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 06 May 2019 - 03:28 PM

It can indeed be scary 'cos it keeps coming back. It is a bit close to home with the shaking as my father has Parkinson's.

Is your fog just withdrawal? Or have you had it whilst on normal dose of the poison?

Just bookmarked the BBC4 program - it looks really nice. Thanks for the recommendation. I should really get back into my fragrances again. Bought a nice little diffuser but hardly used it...

Thanks ever so for the prayers, drumstick (not chicken, the stuff that pulls your fillings out and is filled with sherbet)

#219 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2019 - 03:34 PM

Oh gosh. So sorry bout your Dad, IUN. Must be such a worry. My dizziness and brain fog is all the time due to the 10 mg Duloxetine. I’ve had a fair few falls because of it and can hardly make a fist with my left hand nowadays.

I love burning incense. Have done since I was about twelve. It’s just a thing. You don’t have to thank me for anything, especially prayers, macaroon. :)

#220 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 06 May 2019 - 05:21 PM

My Dad is a trooper, but it is difficult to see him loosing the use of his hands now. The doctors that are treating him have put it down to the years of Prozac and the way that the dopa is depleted against the serotonin antagonist. What worries me is that being of the same genetic line, and being on Citalopram for a similar length of time, could I be next? I really want off this stuff.

I remember the Dulox days of shakes and fog - you have my every sympathy. For all I know the shakes I have now might be latent Dulox withdrawal. I stopped 6 months ago, it could still be a cause. I really hope your symptoms clear up as we go on, but again, cold turkey'ing will cause that stuff to hang around longer. The brain needs to ease its way back to remembering how it was wired up.

Macaroon - that's nice! Cupcake!!

#221 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:28 PM

That’s awful! If the doctors know about that causing/contributing to Parkinson’s, then why are they prescribing it to people for so long? Big Pharma and wimpy, brain washed medics are monstrous! Try not to worry about your fate and genetics, sweet soul. All we can ever do is try to make the best choices we can with the cards we were dealt. Worrying about what else may be waiting in the deck is pointless and will only increase your anxiety. Sending you love and blessings, and the hope for deep, healing sleep. Goodnight, sweet prince xxx :) xxx

#222 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:43 PM

The problem is there is no proving the long term effects of these drugs to any certainty that the Big Pharms can be held accountable. But the theory is there - and there have been plenty of studies. He should never have been on them for so long. My dad was fine after a few month, but the GP told him to stay on them to prevent a relapse - just what he told me. It was when I found out the news of his Parkinson's that I came off my Citalopram, and whatd'ya know - I relapsed!! There's irony for you... But the GP cold turkey'ed me over 2 weeks for a drug I had been taking for 12 years!

I will try not to think too much about it. Wishing you sweet dreams and a peaceful morning to wake you, Princess NM xx

ooh and congrats on your 100th post :)

#223 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:18 AM

Oooh... thanks, I’m a Good Friend now! Hope I can live up to that :)

It all sounds very shady re the long term use of antidepressants, IUN. just makes me want this stuff out of my system. Two weeks to come off a drug you’ve been on for a dozen years is outrageous :(

Hope you kipped well and you’re able to cope well today. Me neighbour woke me at 6am and I just went to pieces. I took a Valium, shoved in the earplugs and tried to sleep but just ended up with a headache. Got up late and had to post parcels so ventured out in the car. Was listening to Wind and Wuthering by Genesis and it was all so surreal. Just driving along through a Monopoly board game world. Just none of it was real. The Duloxetine causes me to have vivid dreams that can seem more real that waking life, add in driving post Valium (something I don’t normally do) listening to music from a time when I was young and reasonably carefree, and it’s a very weird concoction. Feel sick and just want to move on to the next reality. Never mind ‘rewards and crowns’. I’d settle for a long, quiet, peaceful sleep. Hope your day is so very much better, bumble bee. Love and blessings xxx :) xxx

#224 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:51 AM

You have already lived up to the Good Friend part!! Don't worry about that.

The Monopoly board game world sounds like a good way of putting it. I feel like I am in a computer simulation when I am driving at the moment. It is so strange. Sorry to hear of your morning. If it helps, it didn't work out for me this end either. Woke with severe head fog, ache and dizziness. I have been able to manage to get to the bathroom and a small helping of breakfast, but in bed all day so far. I had much higher hopes for this switch after 3 weeks, but seems like it has its own ideas. I am getting so down from it all. I feel twice my age and want my life back :(

I can really see why you want to rush the Dulox, but I am now paying the price AGAIN for a direct switch. I am such a tit for not going slower...

#225 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2019 - 04:23 PM

Bless you for your kind words, fudge cake. I also resonate with the computer simulation experience. Very bizarre. Know what you mean about feeling twice your age. I feel the way I imagined mid 70s would feel. Hope the day/evening’s picked up for you sweet soul. But lol.... you’re NOT a tit!!! :) :) :) (That had me in stitches!) xxx

#226 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 07 May 2019 - 05:10 PM

Well, still feeling old, but not quite twice my age at the moment! Dragged myself out of bed around 5.30pm and did about 3 hours of work and along walk  about all I could manage. You know.. I'm sure its the people that got their meds right first time that say "you just need to keep trying them until you find the one for you". This is my second withdrawal in 6 months and I'm loosing it big time!

Hope your head has given you a bit of relief during the day. We all need some respite. I'm trying not to think what the noise must do on a bad head day! So... mid 70's huh? I'm still ahead of you at twice my age though... I'm in my early 80's, mini milk :)

#227 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2019 - 05:18 PM

Mini milk lol :) My mid 70s has no exaggeration though! I’d be nearly 120 if I felt twice my age! Great you could walk and get some fresh air. I hadn’t been out since Monday last week. I’ve lost count of all the antidepressants I’ve tried. Dothiepin/Dosulepin and Duloxetine are the only ones I could tolerate at all. Sertraline was my worst nightmare. I spent a winter on that and never got dressed! Shocking drug for me. Ah we live and learn that this too will pass, gingerbread man :)

#228 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 07 May 2019 - 06:04 PM

Hurrah! You remember the mini milk!!

Ah - so you are still a spring chicken. Shame how these meds can rob us of feeling the best of our younger years though. I was only on Sertraline for a few days when I was told I should have gone back on Citalopram. Fortunately it wasn't long enough to do much in the way of damage to the noggin. Duloxetine appeared to be working for me in the grey matter, but the stomach department just wouldn't have any of it, and I did still get repeated head fog incidents.

So you have been similarly effected by the choping and changing? You poor soul. Why are we still on the same "technology" for the last 50 years? Surely there must be better options!! I will be very interested to see how LDN gets on with his "Special K" treatment. Isn't it funny that all the stuff like this, and "the leaf" and so forth that has been banned for so long is now making an appearance as means to help us recover? Nature is the way forward wouldn't you agree, my lovely (just one...) Cornetto??

#229 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2019 - 06:25 PM

Yeah, I recall mini milk! Oh the chopping and changing. Am sure it’s very bad for the entire system. Sounds like you’ve been shunted about an awful lot. Yup, most things can be helped through Nature’s gifts but Big Pharma doesn’t want that. Not enough dosh, but maybe things are changing at last. LDN’s so brave. I couldn’t be that adventurous. I must message you about CBD. I need to research it. Am wondering how the melatonin will affect me. Wish I could just be me again before the alopecia set in. Just for a few days to remind me what it was like to be at my best. Our noggins are wondrous things lol.

Anyways, this old cornetto must try and sleep. Be peaceful and sleep well, raspberry ripple. Love and blessings xxx :) xxx

#230 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 07 May 2019 - 08:13 PM

Yes - please pick my brains about the natural stuff. The CBD, Kratom and the like have been given some bad reviews and nothing could be further from the truth. I have read so much about this stuff as I want to know what I am putting into my system, and as long as you respect nature, nature will respect you. Of course, anyone can abuse it, but this is not for medicinal gain. I can safely say, if it wasn't for this stuff, I would be having one tough time at the moment. When I heard people talking about being able to control their symptoms during withdrawal was just too good to be true - but it can, and it does. To know that I have a four-hour window that I can take to feel good when I need it (within reason), it a massive comfort.

LDN is a trooper for sure. No question. I am so glad he found the forum. I just hope we can all help each other out to the best of capabilities.

Hehehe - raspberry ripple. Like it. Sweet dreams, er, come on brain, work... er, hot fudge sundae :) xxx

#231 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:33 PM

my new noise problems--- on Sunday we had a thunderstorm that knocked out the power in our building and damaged our 2 elevators. They were both running constantly and stopping on each floor (7 floors) and dinging loudly 10 times every 10 seconds or so. It was awful. The constant dinging didn't get fixed until this morning. The condo person told me that they couldn't shut off the noise without turning the elevators completely off. lol, what a poor design! 

I'm three doors away from the elevators and you would think with my hearing loss and tinnitus that the noise would not be a bother to me, but it was so annoying!!

Oh and on Sunday, they had a Cinco de Mayo party in our courtyard, there are 7 buildings in our complex. it's called Downtown Dadeland and I do like it here.... BUT they had a band next to my building and the "music" was actually loud enough to make my walls shake!  :blink: So the T-storm came about 7:30pm and put an end the the party which was supposed to go on until 9pm. I was glad the party was over due to the storm, but then the storm caused all sorts of power problems, so I guess you need to watch what you wish for!

Here is a lightning strike about a mile up the road from me: https://www.youtube....h?v=q227H5_dumw

#232 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2019 - 07:55 AM

Wow Kathy! What a drama! Thanks so much for the YouTube link. Must’ve been frightening, as well as the horrendous noise. It sounds like everything was coming at you from all angles at once. You poor soul. Have things settled down yet? I hope so. You’re so right about being careful of what you wish for! I’m trying to not react to my new neighbour. It’s very much easier when she kicks off at 7.30am rather than 6 am lol! Hope you’re doing ok and things are quiet and peaceful for you now. Sending you love and blessings :)

#233 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2019 - 08:26 AM

Hi IUN. Am curious to know your thoughts on CBD. Have read a few articles and would be grateful if you could advise me. For instance, how does it affect your mind? Is it calming or energising? ( Different articles say different things!). Do you feel at all high or stoned? What are the after effects? Munchies? What sort do you use and where do you buy it? What physical benefits do you feel? Sorry for bombarding you with so many questions but you did offer to have your brains picked lol :) I’ve read more negative reviews of Kratom and wonder how the two compare. Do you use each for different symptoms and conditions? I would so love to be able to manage my health problems naturally. And yes, let’s all help each other as best we can. Am all for that :)

Hope you and your wife slept well, and the day’s easy on you, ‘99’ :) :) :)

#234 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 May 2019 - 02:49 PM

How does it affect your mind? Is it calming or energising?

For the most part it is calming. It is an anti-anxiety aid, so energising would be the antithesis of what it promotes. The parts of the brain activated will also not condone an energising feeling. I would argue that those that say they do are doing so from the placebo effect, just because they know they are taking can---bis. But this is not what this is.

Do you feel at all high or stoned?

No - not at all. These effects stem from the THC content in the male part of the plant. Cannabinoid substance is purely the female part of the plant, so all psycho-related effects cannot occur. Due to the process of extraction, there is always the chance that there will be a minute level of HC - in most cases people say 0.1% to cover their back, but in reality it will be far less than this. But even 1% won't get you far on the path to being "high".

What are the after effects?

Sleep!! LOL. Everyone will be different, and it depends when you take it. The most reported is that it can make you drowsy, so during the day, it could be inconvenient. I find that is I carry on about my normal schedule that I do not notice, but taking a dose in the evening and laying with a book, it will be there for sure. Other than that, there are a few reports of stomach upsets, which are usually a case of higher doses, but the upshot is that most find no after effects whatsoever to inhibit its continued use.

Munchies?

LOL. No. That again is with the male part of the plant.

What sort do you use and where do you buy it?

There is only one type of CBD Oil - do not get it confused with Hemp oil - not the same thing. The only difference is the strength. I bought mine from a seller on eBay after much research called "The Oil Connection". She was great. I looked her up recently for another member and her ad has been pulled as eBay are clamping down in this. So i would suggest getting in touch via messages and buy privately from her.

What physical benefits do you feel?

Aside from muscles going completely floppy, not much. But everyone is different and may notice other things, but for the most part, it is psychological effects.

#235 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 May 2019 - 02:58 PM

Kratom is a whole different ball game and yes, you will read so many bad things about it online, but of 48,000 overdoses reported, there were only 12 that were shown to have any possibility of Kratom being the culprit. Even the one case where it was linked with the death has not been proven as the victim had a cocktail of other drugs. The Kratom was blamed because he didn't have enough of any one of the other pills to cause death. The AKA (American Kratom Association) have been all over the FDA about this and they refuse to address the issue. 

Bottom line is that if you put an Anti depressant in your system, then Kratom is very safe - and far safer than any anti depressant. I do not say this lightly. I know as I have read so much documentation. If anyone is unsure, they need only start by looking up the AKA.

I use Kratom when my depression or anxiety cannot be treated with anything else. It is more powerful than CBD - even in higher doses. It reacts in different areas of the brain, but should only be used in medicinal circumstances such as ours. I do not use it as a preventative measure, it is a cure. For example, this evening, I do not feel bad, so I will not take any. Another night I could be so wound up, with my mind racing and I know I will not sleep. Then I will take a dose.

There are different strains for different purposes. Essentially, red vein for anxiety and green for depression. It is that simple. I can tell you where to buy, how to take, how much to take, do's and don't's. Just ask away. It is just a shame that it has been tarnished by so many bad apples. The FDA and NICE do not want it getting out as a medicinal use as it will take the place of so many AD's, pain killers etc.

Trust me. It is a miracle. I would never say this and advocate if I had any slight idea it would harm anyone. Just do not abuse it, and never use it recreationally.

#236 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2019 - 02:59 PM

Thanks for all this great info, IUN. Really appreciate it. I will try to find her on eBay and message her though have found a good list of UK companies listed online. It does come in widely varying strengths. How strong is the one you take? I’m also interested in helping my friend who has much body pain. Do you find it useful for pain? Hope you’re ok and feeling relaxed, midget gem :) :) :)

#237 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 May 2019 - 03:45 PM

I take 15% CBD, but it does very little for pain. Kratom is far better for pain, and it is widely used for those exact benefits. Lots of fibro sufferers have found relief through it. 

People do use CBD for pain, but for some reason I do not find it works that way. 

Much better day today. Felt very stressed when I woke, but it soon abated when I started getting on with my day. Just a lot on with study at the moment as it approaches end of year and my sweet behind gets hauled over the proverbial coals on what I have (or haven't) got done over the last 12 months.

eeeep!

How's your day been apple danish? Was going to say custard tart, but thought better of the "tart" part :D

#238 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2019 - 04:16 PM

Wow. Now I’m in a quandary! I’m waiting for the melatonin to arrive so maybe I shouldn’t get ahead of myself and see how that is for anxiety before trying anything else. How do you rate the efficacy of melatonin and CBD for anxiety? Which works best for you? No pressure to answer just now as I can tell you have an awful lot on your plate as well as a soon to be over-heated backside. Kratom May be just the thing for my friend. I’d say I have moderate pain all the time so maybe it would be overkill for me unless used for mental health. It sounds really promising, though, and has lit a beacon of hope in my heart, so thanks, apple strudel :) Custard tart’s priceless! A friend and I were just discussing how much we both wanted one lol.

Have been ok today and managed some reading, thanks. Probably due to yesterday’s Valium half life though. Glad you’re having a better day and hope your wife is too. To you, to everyone here on the forum, you’ve given me so much hope and incentive. I feel as if there really may come a time when I will be me again, albeit with the help of Mother Nature....and you all. Can’t thank you enough. Love and blessings to you all you wonderful, brave, kind souls xxx :) xxx

#239 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 May 2019 - 06:05 PM

I shouldn't consider the melatonin as an aid for anxiety, but more for sleep. It does however ease symptoms if there are any - and this was found by both wife and myself at the smaller doses - I don't recommend even going for the 0.5ml. Start with 0.25 and you will probably find this is sufficient. But using it during the day would not be the best idea. It is likely to throw out your circadian rhythm and cause more sleep trouble.

The CBD will take the edge off, and will last quite a while. One member on here found that one dose lasted her for 3 days!! Still baffled, but that it did! Most users find that the effects start to wear off after around 4 hours. Kratom can last up to 8 hours depending on the strain used. 

Kratom is very easily divided up into smaller doses, so if you just wanted a holiday from your pain for a day, then a small dose would do that for you.

I am sure that you will feel yourself again soon. We all pull together here, and you are an integral part of it too! Your messages have been really helping me over the last few days. Man alive, they have been tough. Nice to have had just a half day breather! Thank you for continued support - the info I provide I hope will be of some benefit to you, my gummy bear :)

#240 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:46 PM

Och bless you, IUN. So much info and care go into all the posts you offer. Am going to try a small dose of the melatonin at night, when it arrives, and see how it goes. Am absolutely shattered today and can barely get through basic daily tasks. Am praying you’re not horribly stressed and you and your wife slept well. I keep having lucid dreaming rather than sleep. It was more intense on 20mg than 10mg but it still feels more real than waking life. It’s like the lucid dreaming saps what little energy I have.

Lol gummy bear. According to my research, you can get some very interesting gummy bears! :) Sending you and all that lives much love and blessings, toffee crisp xxx :) xxx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users