Bead Counting Tapering - New To Me So All Advice Welcome!

• Please log in to reply
513 replies to this topic

#151 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2019 - 07:43 AM

Thanks Kathy. I don’t see a top ribbon or anything. Below the reply box there’s a More Replies Options box which I’ve investigated. I have emojis switched on but can’t seem to find any! Oh well, must be me and my old iPad not being very savvy :). Hope your day’s good xxx

Will defo have to look into Kratom, IUN - sounds intriguing! Hope you got some lovely deep sleep

Feeling very down today so have had a Val. It happens. Hope everyone’s enjoying a peaceful weekend :)

#152 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 28 April 2019 - 01:37 PM

There are reported issues with mac-based devices on the forum - so don't be concerned that it is something you have done wrong...

I did get 7 hours sleep last night, which was very welcomed, but despite that, I have had a whole barrage of depression-related symptoms. Horrible, awful day. I also resorted to Valium earlier just to zone myself out for a couple of hours. 

I'm there with you in spirit NM, and hope the D lifts soon for you.

#153 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2019 - 03:28 PM

Good to know it’s not my lack of tech skills. Been a rotten day all round, it seems. Have lit a candle and incense for everyone who could do with a little extra light. Love and blessings everyone xxx :)

#154 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 28 April 2019 - 03:41 PM

Notmyself,

Out of likes but thank you for the light. Love!

#155 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2019 - 03:44 PM

Bless you, Gail. You’re a loving and inspiring soul :)

#156 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2019 - 01:21 PM

Am sleep deprived again. Neighbour woke me at 6.43 am. Have been frantic all day with terrible panic stricken mood swings. Have had a Valium but am wondering if I should take another 10mg of the Duloxetine. Today’s been my worst day in a long time. So hope everyone else is doing ok and has both outer and inner peace xxx

#157 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 April 2019 - 04:47 PM

That bloody neighbour!! You poor sausage...

Can you remind me where you are with the Dulox? My head isn't where it should be courtesy of my Lex withdrawal...

#158 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2019 - 05:13 PM

Bless you, IUN. Am on day 24 of taking 10mg Duloxetine. Am sensing I’m still in withdrawal and the aggravation of the noise is pushing me hard. Have taken another Valium and will see how things are tomorrow. May have to reconsider my options; off my head with horror or so zonked I have no quality of life. It’s a toughie! Hope your withdrawal is easing up a bit, chickpea! :)

#159 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2019 - 05:15 PM

*Sorry, I mean zonked back up on the 20mg of Duloxetine* :(

#160 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 April 2019 - 05:33 PM

Don't go above your 20mg - adding another 10mg will not be a quick fix after 3 weeks on new dose. Valium would be your better bet.

I have only just calmed down myself courtesy of a little friend called Kratom. Again - only take this when absolutely had enough. Never used recreational. 

Sincerely hope we both see a brighter 'moro.

Nighty night lemon-puff.

#161 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2019 - 05:43 PM

Cheers for thecwise words, cola cube! Here’s to a better ‘morrow! Am wearing me earplugs tonight. Sleep tight :)

#162 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:16 PM

You could add a few extra beads to take the edge off if you feel this will need to be longer term to stabalise further. In this case, a benzo would not be wise. But on the occasion where you are feeling like poo, just reach for the v....

Sleep tight butter-bean :)

#163 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2019 - 02:14 AM

Thanks, IUD. Did get some kip after a second Val (decided against anymore beads) and had first all nighters with the squidgy earbuds. When I woke, one had fallen out and neighbour isn’t up yet and it’s 8.05am! Pain in the backside! Am waiting for my 4 weekly phone consultation with GP. Hope you had a good solid kip and today’s a fresh start. Neighbour’s now up and running kitchen taps constantly. She mentioned a psychiatrist to me and being out of it on pills she has refused to take any more so have a feeling she may have OCD and the water and microwaving are part of her rituals. Or maybe she’s just a noisy pain in the bum!

Love and blessings to everyone, including the noisy neighbour! :) :) :)

#164 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:30 AM

"Thanks, IUD"

Well, I have never heard a member called an IUD before. :lol:

#165 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:35 AM

LOL!!! There’s nowt like a typo to lighten things up! Hope you’re doing well, fishinghat, and the world is a peaceful place for you. Wish I had emojis for this! It’s a new day here but am apparently not allowed any ‘likes’ today. Wonder what IUN will say....:) :) :)

#166 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:44 AM

I am sure he will make a comment when he gets around. Thanbks for the good laugh and all is well here.

#167 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:49 AM

Glad to raise a laugh and a smile, and glad you’re doing ok :)

#168 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:53 AM

Hi NM... I'm just about awake. Wouldn't that be a thing if your neighbour was "one of us"! Maybe it can be something you can slip into polite conversation at some point in the future.

I still only made around 6 hours sleep, but feel a bit more rested somehow. I think because the brain reached its max. Unfortunately, this has now followed up with some very nasty depression. Often happens after a bad case of symptoms. You get the feeling of "what is the point when it keeps coming back". Hope it subsides soon. 

Wishing you peace for the day!

#169 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2019 - 10:17 AM

Glad you had some shuteye and feel a tad rested, IUN. I know, the depression seems to come out of nowhere like a Muhammed Ali punch. Hoping it’s subsided by now and you have some peace. My neighbour does have problems, and I do empathise with her despite the noise she makes. When she spoke to me in the garden at Easter, she came across as very stressed, anxious, extremely rigid in her thought processes and concepts, and not interested in anything outside of her own bubble. She’s clearly frustrated with her situation, has foregone medication and has the sort of energy that accompanies mania. She’s a suffering human being and it’s not her I get upset with, but the noise - had to work a bit to separate the two, but I did sense she couldn’t see me at all and I wouldn’t be able to reach her. She brushed aside every suggestion I made without explaining why her views were so entrenched. For example, when stricken with stomach pain linked to disease of the pancreas, instead of getting to our local hospital 6 miles away, she travelled 100 to a city beyond the nearest city for treatment. When I asked if she’d had a negative experience at the local hospital she said no, she just didn’t like it! It’s tough trying to communicate with someone so blocked off but I could definitely see she’s suffering. I hope she settles down and finds some peace.

Hope we all do! :)

#170 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 01 May 2019 - 03:50 PM

Yes - the noise is the issue, and if the person causing it is of the disposition that she is, then it becomes a different ball game. Maybe in time there will be a suitable point to further the discussion, but for now, you will have your closet to keep some of the peace! Sounds like it could be something along the autistic side - but again, time will tell. You will just have to put what pieces you can together.

You are right about the depression. It hits like a punch. It puts me in a horrible state as it can just come from nowhere. It is like a wave that engulfs you. I am sure it is the Lexapro still doing its thing. I can understand when I am thinking my way into it, but when you keep yourself distracted and are not thinking of it, and yet it still manages to pull you away from this diversion tactic - then it has to be something else pulling the strings.

I was considering some valium, but sided with Kratom instead as it will last a lot longer. I just need to be careful as this is second day I have taken a dose. I know it takes a long time to get "hooked", but I do not want to even get close. I usually leave a minimum of 48 hours between doses. So no more for IUN until Friday!! But it really has taken the edge off. I have been able to finish work, enjoy eating and watch some comedy... which wouldn't have happened otherwise.

#171 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2019 - 05:09 PM

Aye, will maybe find out more as life unfolds. I don’t like deliberately keeping my distance from someone but I find her very overwhelming and had to lie down after our last encounter. Am working up the courage to have a local joiner in for an estimate for the wardrobes and sound bar so will keep you posted!

The machinations of depression can be insidious and cruelly unpredictable. It’s like you can ‘turn your head away from it’ in the most determined way, yet, if it chooses, it will clamp its hand around your head, yank it round and stare you out, no matter what you’re doing. Sometimes, you can flick that hand away with a toss of your head. I can find no logic to it whatsoever! Am so glad you took the Kratom and have had relief and enjoyment too! Will have to look into Kratom. I too keep asking myself ‘is this withdrawal?’. To be honest, I’ve given up trying to fathom the variable nature of my depression. The events of my life were tough from the get go and unalterable conditions just got progressively worse so am not surprised at how I feel. Pumping seratonin into my body will never change lived hardship, but it can help just a little in very small doses!

Hope you get some great shuteye and deep peaceful rest, IUN. Night night everyone. Love and blessings to all xxx

#172 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 01 May 2019 - 05:32 PM

I can understand that it was overwhelming for you. I always struggle with a battle of being kind to myself and wanting to push myself to show that I can still get on with life, and that I am making conscious efforts to get stronger. But this can bite you on the bum if not careful!

Do you find that emotions are a lot more unpredictable during withdrawal though? 

I am one of those who find it easier if I have something to blame for my emotions. It worries me that it can "just be". That then tells me there is something permanently wrong with my noggin, whereas if there are circumstances or illnesses, then it has to be expected to a degree, so I don't give myself a hard time. 

Two and a half hours following Kratom dose. First hour was great. Very warm and fuzzy and felt very protected against the waves. Still feel good, but a lil bit apprehensive. If I had a valium, I would have zoned out for an hour or so, possibly a sleep and then woken and felt bad about missing out on the time I could have been doing something. Blimey, I must sound like a right headcase after this message!

Sweet dreams!!

#173 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:18 AM

Lol no you don’t sound like a nutcase! :) I do feel my emotions are more unpredictable while settling to the 10mg but it was started just before my new neighbour arrived so it’s impossible to know as I’m having to adapt to one of my top three triggers (noise). Had a good night’s kip and neighbour was up late so managed a lie in of sorts. Could accept her noise while chilling with the radio.

Years ago, I was unable to understand people who were apparently depressed for no obvious reason. My own life circumstances and events have been so clearly traumatic that it was easy for me to accept that depression and anxiety would be natural reactions. However, decades later, I now have a definite understanding that a lot of depression and anxiety can be caused simply by being incarnate in the world as it currently is. If you have any sensitivity at all, you’re going to feel at least some anguish at the state of life on this planet we find ourselves on. It is pretty much a madhouse! All the accumulated pain, suffering and negativity can’t help but seep through. We are porous beings and interconnected so never immune to what is happening right now.

There is nothing permanently wrong with your noggin, IUN! Whether you have clear life events/reasons for being depressed or are suffering from the shared, but scientifically nebulous, reasons, absolutely NOTHING is permanent anyway. Please don’t be hard on yourself. Whatever the reason, you’re obviously doing your utmost in a world that would make any saint/avatar balk. So be gentle with yourself. If it’s easier to blame circumstances or events, then go right ahead. There’s no shame in that. In fact, I would suggest it’s better to take charge of circumstances/reasons by owning and acknowledging them. Only after sitting with them for however long it takes, can acceptance begin to emerge. If you feel you have nothing obvious to blame, then please consider the very real, if nebulous, possibilities I’ve mentioned.

Wow. Long post! Anyways, hope today gives you a breather and peace may reign. Love and blessings to all :) xxx :)

#174 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 May 2019 - 03:23 PM

Thanks for a very useful post NM, and really glad you managed a good kip after everything. I hope you are able to adapt as best you can with minimal psy involvement.

Being anxious or depressed for no reason really scares me because it put me right out of control, and for the last 7 days, that is exactly what has been happening. No idea what will happen from one minute to the next. Throw that in with the insomnia and there you have it. A recipe for a nutcake! However, my melatonin arrived at last... fast UK delivery my bottom! The wife just wanted to try it for taste (at 8pm), and she has just zonked out. She's out for the count!! Whoops! Least it works!

Hope you've had a peaceful day thus far...

#175 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2019 - 03:30 PM

Och IUN I totally get it. Sleep deprivation is enough reason for feeling totally raving bonkers in my book! :)
But woohoo! The melatonin sounds fab and hope your wife has a great kip on it and you too. Please report how it goes and how you feel post kip. May have to get some myself! Praying you have a really peaceful evening together- even if your wife’s asleep!
Fingers crossed this really helps you. Sending love and blessings, flapjack :) :) :)

#176 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 May 2019 - 03:34 PM

Thank you. Wife is snoring her block off. I heard her say "oooh I feel sleepy all of a sudden", then that was it about half hour ago. I'm letting her get some shuteye. It's been a stressful few days.

Turns out the liquid melatonin is not available in the UK. The site I got it from posed as being UK stock, but the customs label was a bit of a giveaway. I could have ordered it from the States!! And saved a few quid. Cheeky sods.

Much love right back at 'cha sweet'ums :)

#177 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2019 - 04:20 PM

Sounds wonderful ‘ooh I feel sleepy all of a sudden’. Will have to get some of that! When I’ve been at my worst, like many folk, insomnia has been a major factor. Bet you can’t wait to scoff some, choccie biccy! :) :) :)

#178 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 May 2019 - 04:54 PM

What is the recommended dose on your brand of melatonin IUN? Mine is 30 drops to induce sleep.

#179 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 May 2019 - 05:26 PM

Is the Puritan's Pride 10mg liquid and the recommended dose is 0.5-1.0ml. 

The wife took 0.5ml and has only just woken up after 2 hours. Still wants to sleep, but says she feel quite relaxed. Not sure it was a good idea to nap before main sleep, but again, it has been a tough few days days all round.

Is black cherry flavour too, so perfect for sublingual use.

#180 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 May 2019 - 05:49 PM

Mine is 3 mg which equals 30 drops. I take 2 drops which is 0.2 mg of melatonin to relax but not sleep. I take 4 drops or 0.4 mg to ho back to sleep.

That would equal around 1/2 drop to relax and 2 drops to go back to sleep of your product. I just wanted to see how that compares to the dose she took. A 0.5 ml would be around 5 mg and that would be a strong dose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users