#91 Cp23

Cp23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 09:02 AM

Hi all,
Firstly, I hope all is well with everyone. I'm hoping that the new year is being kinder than the last one. And for those in the states, I hope you're safe in these unprecedented times.
Another quick update, my wife decided to stop zoloft last Sunday (again cold turkey, because - why not?). But truthfully her anxiety is no longer an issue. She's comfortable in the job and enjoys her work and team, so her anxiety has disappeared.
Anyways she's been off now since last Sunday (50mg daily), so far she's not experienced any negative side effects. Not sure if this normal or not.

#92 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 January 2021 - 10:04 AM

Typically Zoloft withdrawal has less emotional symptoms than Cymbalta withdrawal but much more digestive issues. Zoloft has a half-life of 24 hours so I would think any withdrawal symptoms would appear by now. This is very interesting because I will be tapering off my Zoloft later this year and am interested in how your wife does. I have read virtually all the posts about Zoloft withdrawal on the net and it is unusual to see someone with little to no withdrawal. I would appreciate it if you keep me posted. 

#93 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,212 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:52 PM

I'm right with Hat on this one. It is possible that there are traces that remain in areas within the body which will filter to the blood stream at this point, so whilst it does seem a potential home free, do not be alarmed if something does rear its ugly head in a few days - but having said that, it you have gone this far, that potential should show little in the way of intensity.

I remember stopping this after 10 days after it ramped up my tinnitus to the max, and I went through 5 days of hell - each to their own!!

#94 Cp23

Cp23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 07:53 PM

So it's now 8 days, no ramping up of anxiety and no insomnia and what not.
She's doing really well all things considered. Admittedly she was on a relatively low dose of 50mg. I won't lie, I was terrified that this would be another duloxetine disaster. Thankful that it hasn't been the case.

#95 Cp23

Cp23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 07:58 PM

So brief update, Mrs has been quite depressed the past few weeks. I think this is related to dropping seratonin levels. She's started back on the htp5 and I'm hoping that it helps.

#96 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 January 2021 - 11:18 AM

So how long was she off the Zoloft before the depression started?

My best wishes and prayers to your wife. 

#97 Cp23

Cp23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 06:24 PM

To be honest, likely a week or so after her last dose.

#98 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 January 2021 - 06:32 PM

Hmmm, suspicious. 

#99 Cp23

Cp23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 06:57 PM

I had noticed a drop in mood but it continued. I'd suggest she's on the up, but I won't know for another week or so I'd think.

#100 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 January 2021 - 08:00 AM

I hope it is improving. Thanks for keeping me informed.

#101 Cp23

Cp23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 07:20 PM

So yesterday was a bit of a bad day, but then by the evening it was better.
I'm hoping for that continuation

#102 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,212 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 February 2021 - 06:12 PM

5HTP will still cause a bit of a rollercoaster until levels pan out - as will life circumstances.

Will be interested to know whether it works on a permanent basis. You really need to make sure you get the right stuff as there are so many cheap versions out there that ship the stuff in from people I am sure have no idea which seeds they should be gathering to made it :)

#103 Cp23

Cp23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 12:55 AM

Hi Team,

So since my last post, a lot has changed. My wife negotiated with her boss to drop down from 5 days a week to 3 days a week of work. Which has been excellent. Her withdrawl from zoloft was relatively quick and pain free. She still suffers from anxiety at times, but it comes and goes. 

Cheers

#104 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,212 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 23 June 2021 - 05:22 AM

Hi - good to hear from you....

Good to hear that things could be bought in line for a favourable withdrawal. Often people ask too much of themselves following a withdrawal with regards to symptoms forgetting that it is part of human make-up to feel "negative" emotions from time to time. No-one can be forever free from depression and anxiety, so permitting the moments here and there should be chalked up as normal. For example, a recent survey across the US noted that on average, people felt depressed (self-reported, non-medicated) between 3-4 days (male) and 2-3 days a month (female) - just for some perspective.

IUN

#105 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 June 2021 - 08:08 AM

Hey Cp23. Good to hear from you. I will be starting to wean off of my Zoloft this fall and was hoping you could answer a couple of questions for me.

What was her highest dose of Zoloft?

How did she wean off?

What was here withdrawal symptoms like?

Your help would be appreciated.

#106 Cp23

Cp23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 March 2022 - 08:37 PM

Hi All,

I haven't posted in a while, but I thought I would share an update.

Overall my wife has been good. She is working 3 days a week, and kinda enjoying it. She still has moments in which she is very 'inside' herself, but overall she's alive and living.

She does have her moments where she loses her s##t with the kids, but for the most part, it's only when she's being yelled at continuously by them. 

It's pretty good for the most part -- unmedicated. 

Cheers

#107 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 March 2022 - 09:29 AM

That is so great to hear Cp. With children running around screaming and the stress of motherhood it sounds like she is "normal".

There should still be some improvement over the next year as well. She has been through a lot but has shown that she is strong and determined. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users