141 replies to this topic

#31 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 03:04 AM

Good morning. Another quick question (sorry) - how long should I leave between taking Duloxetine and other supplements please?

Stomach not too bad on waking🤞. Taking my tablet in 10 minutes so will see how it is after I've taken it. Shortness of breath this morning so can't wait for the NAC to arrive later to try it out. I have read somewhere that you should still take vitamin C with NAC. Do you know if this is the case?

Thanks so much FH a d IUN. Hope you are both well!

#32 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 September 2019 - 08:17 AM

I am glad you are doin a little better already. I have heard that about taking NAC with Vitamin C but as far as I know there have been no studies done. Both being a strong antioxidant I would not think so but what do I know... lol.

Magnesium, antacids, stomach meds is all I am aware of to separate from the Cymbalta. A good 2 hours would be safe.

And don't be sorry for asking questions. That is what we are here for. We all know what it is alike. Anytime.

#33 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 08:28 AM

Thanks very much FH. No pains in the stomach today but the pain is behind my breastbone like excruciating heartburn! Have taken a Lansoprazole but it's not really helping. Can this chronic heartburn be from withdrawal? I seem to alternate each day between stomach pains and heartburn.

I am still short of breath. I'm not at home at the moment but the NAC should have arrived by the time I get home so I will try one. I think that they are 600mg so is that the right dose or too much? Thank you.

#34 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 September 2019 - 08:40 AM

The heartburn/shortness of breath/stomach pain is very common. 600 mg is the dose I would recommend.

#35 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 08:57 AM

Great, thanks very much on the advice for the NAC. Will these stomach pains and heartburn last for the whole of the withdrawal because it's unbearable 😭. No other withdrawal symptoms except the stomach pains and shortness of breath so that's good

#36 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 29 September 2019 - 09:07 AM

An additional consideration is that the acid levels will be reducing the efficacy of your other meds - as a very wise man once said in a post...

"You need to realize that stomach ailments are a source of more stress on the body and would add to your anxiety symptoms. It is also believed that by returning the acid levels in the stomach to normal allows your medicine to be absorbed more efficiently and therefore it does a better job"

So it seems that once this much is under control that you will enjoy better benefits of the other supplements, and note that the bioavailability of the Duloxetine will have been reduced as a result of the acid as well.

#37 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 September 2019 - 09:34 AM

The stomach issues are usually some of the first symptoms to develop and also some of the first to fade. MOST, but not all, seem to have their stomach issues last around a month.

#38 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 09:42 AM

Thanks very much both. I'm not sure how to get the acid levels under control. By taking the Lansoprazole? Shall I still stay with 32 beads tomorrow and see how things are?

I don't really want to go up but will if I have to and take your advice

#39 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 September 2019 - 10:45 AM

Stay with the 32 beads for a coule days and see if you stabilize. Then you can make a decision about going up further or not. The Lansoprazole will help but it will take another 24 hours or so to take full effect.

#40 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 11:29 AM

Thanks. Will keep you posted.

#41 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 04:39 AM

Good morning.

My stomach us better today but the heartburn and breathlessness get worse after I take the Duloxetine. It feels like it is burning my stomach. Do you think this is a sign that I am not tolerant to it and should I stay on 32 beads for a few days or try dropping one tomorrow? I've got the horrible nervous feeling in my stomach too😪.

The NAC I have says to take 1-2 capsules a day. Should I stick with one or take 2?

Thanks very much. Hope everyone is doing OK.

#42 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 September 2019 - 09:45 AM

It sounds like he Cymbalta is increasing the stomach issues alright. When you were on higher doses did it also cause stomach problems after taking it?

I started at 2 capsules a day for one week and then went to 1 capsule daily. It got me off to a good start.

#43 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 09:51 AM

Hi FH.

Yes my stomach has been bad all the time I have been on it. It has got worse recently. Do you think I need to come off a bit quicker? Not sure what to do tomorrow.

I will take another NAC later this evening. Thanks so much for your advice and support.

#44 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 September 2019 - 10:09 AM

Any time Polly.

In that case I would suggest dropping from 32 to around 30 and see what happens. Any anxiety, crying, depression with these drops?

#45 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 10:34 AM

Thanks so much. Some crying, but that's not a bad thing for me. A little bit of anxiety but I have CBD drops for that. No depression though. Will drop to 30 tomorrow and let you know how it goes tomorrow evening.

Thanks again.

#46 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 September 2019 - 04:46 PM

Sounds like a good plan. There may be something of a bumpy ride still, but it can ALWAYS be worse - we just need to find the best path for you to take.

#47 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 12:42 AM

Thanks so much IUN. I am very nervous but it's great to have the support from you guys!

#48 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 06:49 AM

Hi. A quick update. Have dropped to 30 beads today. My stomach a d the heartburn are fine! I have been taking the Lansoprazole and that seems to have done the trick!😬

However, the shortness of breath is worse😤. It feels like I can't take a deep breath and get enough air in, which is quite frightening. Is this normal a d is there anything I can do to improve this?

Thanks.

#49 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 01 October 2019 - 07:46 AM

Great news about the Lansoprazole - make sure you maintain the current dose of that...

I really feel for you with this breathing problem. I actually had the very same yesterday morning would you believe! I wasn't even thinking about it, but I had quite a stressful event the evening before which always arises in the morning. I haven't had that for months!

Do you practise meditation at all? And do you know about box breathing technique?

#50 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 08:36 AM

Thanks IUN. It's really horrible isn't it. I am puffing like a steam train today😤. I'm sat at work and a few people have asked me if I'm OK.

I do practice guided meditation but haven't done it the last couple of weeks. Can you remind me how you do box breathing please? This is part of withdrawal isn't it? Do you think I should only drop one bead tomorrow or stay with 30 beads for another day?

Thanks so much again.

#51 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 01 October 2019 - 09:50 AM

Yes - it is... but it is all psychosomatic. It is a case of getting yourself to think away from it, but I know just how impossible that it.

Box breathing is in for 4 counts, hold for 4 counts, out for 4 counts and hold for 4 counts. Continue this for as long as you need. You should take a couple of really deep breaths and breathing outs before starting. 

I think you will be ok for a bead drop tomorrow. You are doing well - really you are. The fact that you are able to work is a huge thing...

#52 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 10:24 AM

Thanks so much IUN, that means a lot😁. It's funny but my counsellor/therapist was talking about psychosomatic symptoms a couple of weeks ago and I did wonder! Is it likely to last the whole time I'm tapering as it is really getting me down🙄? I feel OK in myself (apart from the odd sweat, but that could be menopausal). I will drop one bead tomorrow and see how I feel. If I feel OK, I will try 2 beads the next day.

Will keep you posted.

#53 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:39 AM

Difficult to say with these things. Sometimes these things are like ear worms... you know when you get a song stuck in your head. Eventually it will go, but your cognitive radio has got stuck tuned into anxiety FM, and it is when you turn it into background music that it will start to go. I know that doesn't help you right now, but I wouldn't like to say "give it a couple more days" and let that be false hope. 

Looking forward to seeing how you get on over the next few days. I've just done 90 minutes of non-stop tuition so I am doing some breathing myself now!

#54 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 02:17 PM

Thanks IUN. That's a very good description- anxiety FM! I am working at turning it in to background music. You inspired me to do an hour of meditation, so thanks!

I suppose I knew it is nothing serious as I can get off to sleep OK and don't wake up with it. Have just counted my 29 beads out for tomorrow and will let you know how I go.

Thanks again - I am so grateful for this forum and the support 😁

#55 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 01 October 2019 - 03:48 PM

Excellent - again, you are doing so well. Keep it going - and we are here for you whenever you need us...

#56 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 04:32 AM

Thanks so much IUN. Feeling so rough today🤮. My stomach is killing me, I have heartburn and feel really 'odd'. My breathing feels weird again. I'm wondering if the NAC isn't agreeing with me. I took 2 600mg of it yesterday and have been taking it from Sunday.

Is it possible this could be from the NAC or is this withdrawal? Will lay off the NAC now.

Thanks.

#57 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 06:58 AM

I meant to say that I have started shaking as well. Is this part of the withdrawal? I have had the shakes before on other medication. I am so sensitive unfortunately. This is a horrible rollercoaster ride🤮. Thanks

#58 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 October 2019 - 07:17 AM

Hi Polly.

I am joining you in the feeling rough today as well. Fortunately a light work day. Stomach is a bit better, but my head is awful.

Shaking is very normal as part of withdrawal. I had it A LOT. They are generally called tremors, or essential tremors. Completely textbook.

Hat would be the one to address the NAC - I do not know enough about it to comment unfortunately...

#59 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 07:46 AM

Thanks IUN. So sorry you are feeling rough too. I'm sat at work with a hot water bottle on my stomach and back for the pain. I went down one bead today. Do you think I should stay the same tomorrow or drop another one? Thanks.

#60 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 October 2019 - 08:40 AM

I think you should press on with another bead. If you are able to keep working, this is a very good place to be. I am very jealous!! LOL

You are so fortunate - these things can be sooooo much worse. I just hope that when you get to your last 10 beads it doesn't ambush you... Unlikely as you have got this far. Might be a bit more unpleasant, but you always have to watch.

So yes I suggest to keep going so that when you get to the 10-bead mark, you can put the brakes on and it will be less of a shock to the system.

Hang in there - I am off to get more water. Need to stay hydrated!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users