#181 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 December 2023 - 11:25 AM

Don't feel bad LT. That confused me also. I guess that just verifies IUN's opinion that we get confused easily!!  lol

#182 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 December 2023 - 11:30 AM

Re...Eh? As an answer to this I don't get it!

You think a two month withdrawal for a three month stay on 20/30mg DUL is not adequate?

I am frazzled yesterday and today.....down,negative and anxious about self and health....could it be WD symptoms 10 days after step down 30/20?

at the same time bowels appear to be "changing" for the better

Sorry if I am repeating self here :(

#183 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 December 2023 - 03:26 PM

Don't feel bad LT. That confused me also. I guess that just verifies IUN's opinion that we get confused easily!!  lol

Yes - it was... posted in the wrong topic. Apologies for confusion. That is what 16 years of antidepressants do to the mind that is desperately trying to round up research for the break.

#184 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 December 2023 - 10:11 AM

Was feeling OK(ish) after stopping the Vallys and then undertook the DUL30/20 taper and was OK(ish) again until a day 7 or so and then SH*T!!

The 10mg drop....feeling low and anxious/intrusive thoughts/health anxiety/reflecting on DOOM and feelings of this will NEVER be right

1)   Is it at all possible this is all the handywork of DUL30 reduction? because this is just as bad as Dizzypam WD and I have a ton of reductions to go....

guys bear in mind I have to get off these DUL or at least get the dose down to "bowel friendly" numbers and I have a polyps colonoscopy in the new year so can't hang about

don't wanna be rash though cause it's hard enough as is so,....my next drop I intend to go lower this time than the last 30/20  33% drop and do a 25%....20/15

2) When i get down to 15mg I intend to sit there over xmas but could use some help in dealing with the last 15mg reductions......a reminder for you guys that I have been on meds 4 months but looking for a compromise WAY OUT.....I bought some fish oil (I think you mentioned it on here) and would appreciate any thing else that may help

John

#185 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 December 2023 - 10:23 AM

"You think a two month withdrawal for a three month stay on 20/30mg DUL is not adequate?"

That depends on the person LT. At the end of the 2 months it just depends on how you feel. O have seen it take 1 year for that level of drop and as little as a month. Doing another drop is just up to you. I know you are in a hurry because of digestive reasons but don't want to make your withdrawal unbearable as well. A tough decision.

I just read your latest post while typing the above item.

1)   Is it at all possible this is all the handywork of DUL30 reduction? because this is just as bad as Dizzypam WD and I have a ton of reductions to go....

More in a minute...

Absolutely possible, in fact probable. I noticed the mention of the feeling of doom. That is one of the worse symptoms of Cymbalta withdrawal. Just my opinion but any further drop at this time could make things much worse. The decision to continue to drop is up to you though. It will be a tough decision. I wish I could help more.

#186 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 December 2023 - 10:34 AM

A list of things that has often helped others begins with the following post and goes through the next few posts as well. The most effective item was probably the L-Theanine (Suntheanine version, it is a purer form of L-Theanine).

https://www.cymbalta...ggling/?p=99395

#187 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 December 2023 - 10:45 AM

:)

#188 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 December 2023 - 06:00 PM

FFS!

Am I right in thinking that an increase/decrease in dose could set in motion some undesirable symptoms,ya?

Bloody hell...looked through my diary and noticed that the diarrhoea was responsible for 6x changes of dose in 4 months, 20 up through to 60 and down again

all this against a backdrop of kicking an 18 month Diazepam habit. No wonder things are shit

#189 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 December 2023 - 06:11 PM

Yes, yes and yes. Not a shocking history.

#190 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 11 December 2023 - 10:54 PM

Sorry for the silence - research has taken priority.... and am totally shattered.

This is precisely why we suggest going at withdrawal one med at a time as you will never know what is causing what symptom during this time.

I know you just want to get rid of it all, but patience is such a virtue at this time. Believe me - both Hat and I know what you are going through, but you need to know what to hold back on during this time so that you don't get stung by these symptoms.

We can only say so much, but the rest if unfortunately up to you.

Both Hat and I have been there just wanting to get off the damn things, but after so many attempts, it is learnt that the only way is "time and patience" - one of Hat's favourite quotes.

As much as I hated to see this during my own time many years ago, it is correct.

This is a slow and steady procedure if you want to make it work for you. I feel for you in every way, my friend

IUN

#191 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 December 2023 - 12:23 PM

Thanks guys and good luck next year for the Dizzypam mission IUN

#192 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 12 December 2023 - 10:07 PM

Thanks guys and good luck next year for the Dizzypam mission IUN

Thanks man.... I will certainly need it.

Don't be a stranger over the holiday. It can be a tough time - self included...

Take care, my friend.

IUN

#193 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 December 2023 - 04:42 AM

Afore yeh go.......I am currently "eyeballing"/guessing the 20mg dose from a 30mg capsule.......could that be responsible for my many twists and turns,often on the same day?

#194 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 December 2023 - 12:26 PM

Yes, the more exact and stable the dose the more stable the symptoms.

#195 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,220 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 December 2023 - 04:24 PM

Once you get the hang of bead counting it isn't that bad. 

The variation of dose depends on the individual.

Personally speaking if I have 29mg of Citalopram instead of 30mg, I would feel it!!!

#196 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 14 December 2023 - 09:42 AM

Hat........4 weeks AFTER taper and stop and folk are saying the real test is now!..........is that why I feel so shyte right now? Felt MUCH better when taking the vallies

AND....is 3 weeks enough time spent on the 30 to 20mg DUL drop?

#197 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 December 2023 - 10:02 AM

"vallies"? valium?

​Normally around 3 to 4 days after a drop or final dose is when you will begin to feel the increase in withdrawal. It usually hits its peak symptoms 3 weeks to 5 weeks after that and these peak symptoms can last up to a year or more depending on the individual and the size of the drop. At least that has been my observation.

#198 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 15 December 2023 - 01:29 PM

Hat Baby

Does/can DUL make one feel jittery? Having episodes of ...almost like an amphetamine buzz....throughout  the day......kicks in out the blue (usually an hour or two after taking cap) and normally leaves early evening when all is calm once again....I feel it coming on and i don't care for "uppers"....can DUL be the culprit?  on 20mg at the moment

It's either that or the Dizzypam is still messin' wae my heid

#199 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 December 2023 - 05:31 PM

Could be either one but from what I have seen I would say probably the DUL.

#200 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 18 December 2023 - 08:20 AM

Rock Bottom

Tapered and stopped the Diazepam four and a half weeks ago.....also overlap WD of DUL 30mg down to 20 around 3 weeks ago

Up until the last four days I had been using a very good "educated guess" of the number of beads that would make 20 mg DUL

since then, and for the last four days, I have been counting beads and getting an accurate 20mg....I don't know if my previous "guess" was in actual fact more or less than 20mg

but what I do know is since the counting of accurate beads 4 days ago I have been getting steadily worse.....it's like the initial period of start up symptoms on DUL all over again

Low mood/flat/anxiety/too much bed time and intrusive thoughts/despair/thinking I am dying/every little ache in my body is something sinister or terrible disease

I am sooo fed up with self and ongoing issues with apparently no end in sight and I have a wife to consider,AND it's Xmas. I have easily spent most of the last 8 weeks in bed with Diazepam WD/diarrhoea/ DUL WD/throat and chest infection.....get the picture? I'm fuckin' done.....don't think I am going to make it or get better

Dropped a wee 1/2 Mirtazapine last night...not sure what good it did but I slept better

Hopeless.......was MUCH better before all this WD stuff TBH....there is no fight left. Just fuckin' take me and be done with the torture

PS Is a faster than usual heart rate part of the DUL WD smyptoms and is any of the above ^ shit par for the course with Dul WD?

#201 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 December 2023 - 08:59 AM

You are fighting two withdrawals at the same time and paying the price. It will get better but it will take some time, maybe months. I know it is tough and i remember the same symptoms well. The bed time is good as it gives your body a better chance to reset.

#202 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 18 December 2023 - 09:29 AM

racing heart too Hat?

I should not feel guilty about too much bed time when I need it?

AND can tinnitus be a duloxetine thing........I'd be interested in your experience if it was one ear or two?

#203 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 18 December 2023 - 09:40 AM

I shall tell the wife and family on xmas day that this year I shall not be doing roast potatoes as Hat says it's OK to be in bed when I need it

Merry Xmas Hat

#204 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 December 2023 - 07:59 AM

Racing heart - very common

Rest is a crucial part of recovery. It lowers stress and anxiety and gives your body a better chance at recovering.

Tinnitus is definitely a Dul thing. One ear or both. It also seems to take its sweet time in going away also.

Merry Christmas LT to you and yours. 

Hmmm, roast potatoes. Good idea. There is some research that says potatoes raise serotonin levels some. Maybe it will help the withdrawal!!

#205 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 19 December 2023 - 11:29 AM

Hat

After a month since last drop-down, 30/20.......OK y'all think to go 20/15 just AFTER Xmas?

1st drop is a 33% but 2nd planned drop 25%....I'm learning  :)

#206 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 December 2023 - 02:57 PM

Every time you make a drop you will feel worse. The trick is to stay at a given dose long enough so you recover enough to handle the next drop. Only you can decide that. Tough choices. 

#207 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 20 December 2023 - 11:13 AM

You know Hat, a place such as this has it's advantages and disadvantages IMO....... "Every time you make a drop you will feel worse" That's what I deserve for asking  :)

I now feel duty bound to comply

It's similar to sitting in a condemned man's cell and asking the executioner..."wot's it like,Gov?" and there is sooooo much negative and horrific stories for our negative sides to feed off, especially when we are down. If I had any sense at all I would only read the success stories!

and oh my, the irony! a two or three year taper succeeds in filling the coffers of the pharmaceutical companies, such as Lily, WITH EVEN MORE MONEY!

Still, we can't do without you and I think you are filling a role left vacant by uninterested GP's/ Doctors (and doing a very good job of it too I might add)

So,thanks Hat and IUN and I hope you have a good Xmas and a grand,brand new '24

PS If I can manage to avoid running through the streets of Argyll this weekend, naked (save for a well placed knitted Xmas woollen sock) and screaming Humbug as I go, I shall see you in '24 with a half way completed DUL30 WD program

Much Ta and Merry Chrimbo

John

#208 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 December 2023 - 03:00 PM

Talk about stress!! Wool socks worn in the wrong area when naked would be very stressful!!  lol

Merry Christmas and patience John. God bless.

#209 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 22 December 2023 - 09:01 AM

Hat

With all your experience.....do folk tend to feel better when they get off this shit DULOXETINE?

and is faster HR (heart) to be expected?

and, i tapered dUL30 down to 20mg a full MONTH ago..........do you think it is fair to say my shitty day today is a result of the Diazepam taper and stop from 5 weeks ago and NOT the DUL 30 saga taper?....in other words, could it be my DUL 30 to 20 taper from 5 weeks ago that is causing me a BLIP and not the Diazepam WD? which is most likely?

#210 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 December 2023 - 11:48 AM

LT - It depends on why they are taking it. If taking it for pain then they just go back to the normal levels of pain they experienced before DULOXETINE. Same type of situation for incontinence. For anxiety and depression they go back to previous issues UNLESS they had a very rough withdrawal. Studies have shown that the stress of antidepressant withdrawal can add to any pre-existing anxiety or depression long term. It has been my observation that those things are pretty much true bit once off DULOXETINE the person usually has clearer thinking and less obsessing thoughts. Better perception of emotions which makes them more "alive" but also more susceptible to stress until they adapt.

As far as the heart racing...it is normal. DULOXETINE controls serotonin and norepinephrine. When the dose of DULOXETINE is reduced the levels of norepinephrine increases and that is converted to epinephrine (another name for adrenaline). Your body will adjust to that increase but it takes time.

Both are likely. It can take months for either one of those withdrawals to stabilize before the rollercoaster ends. Doing both withdrawals at the same time makes the recovery time even worse. Sometimes 4 to 9 months to stabilize but there is a lot of variation in that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users