#151 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,899 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 November 2023 - 07:44 AM

LT, that drop will probably be very hard on you but the diarrhea is also hard on you as well. I wish I could be of more help. The constant diarrhea has had to cause you to have an imbalance in the good bacteria in you digestive tract. You might consider trying a good balanced probiotic like RenewLife. It won't cure things but may help.

#152 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,223 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 27 November 2023 - 05:57 PM

Absolutely. I forgot to mention this.

The diarrhoea will be causing issues by itself. Most do not understand that the stomach does a lot more to balancing the brain than they think. Most of the serotonin is created in the digestive tract, so if there are problems there, then this will affect your neurochemical levels. So, as Hat said, whilst it won't be a cure all, you WILL see benefit from the diarrhoea stopping.

Recent posts cause me to worry if the diazepam withdrawal will do a number on you at a later stage. As I mentioned before, it has a very long half life and can hang around in the body for a while. I sincerely hope this is just a passing phase - and it may well be.

My best advice is to keep track of your symptoms without letting the thoughts of them get to you - as best you can - I know this is not easy.

But whatever happens, we are here for you.

Take it easy

IUN

#153 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 28 November 2023 - 10:18 AM

"Is the drop of 10mg DUL 30 to 20 gonna be hard for me? struggling just now with diazepam withdraws as it is but I have just GOT TO stop the diarrhoea"

Hat

I know you said I would notice drop down......when after starting drop down can I expect the Glums?  30 to 20mg

The reason I be askin' is......so far I've dropped, at one point or another, from 60 to 30 and from 30 to 20 with no probs....

^ that line is askin' for it  :)

#154 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,223 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 28 November 2023 - 08:48 PM

My concern is combining the two withdrawals - has been from the first line of questioning.

I will let Hat have his say, but as well as I know him and how much we share, I am sure he will say the same thing. 

Undertaking two withdrawals simultaneously brings about the scenario of the unknown. Which drug withdrawal is causing which symptom? It cannot be known.

Sometimes, like your situation, it cannot be helped, and therefore you will just have to stick with it and see how it plays out. No-one can really answer this question for you. There are far too many subjective matters at play here

IUN

#155 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 29 November 2023 - 05:38 AM

Started last night in bed.....electric skin on legs...jerks (the singular type as if startled when sleeping).....it all started with a feeling of peace and contentment!  WTF

This dUL 30 has left my abdomen/bowel/bloat in a right mess

Since dropping 10mg diarrhoea has gone from 4 or 5 toilet visits a day to one...is that a success? I am looking for one success 

what to do with taper guys,how long to sit on new dose 20mg?

"listen to your body" you said...what if I feel OK after just a week after drop?

Valium f**ked my mind up and DUL30 f**ked my body up  :(

IUN y'all had plenty trouble with bowels whilst on this shit,yea? and is the Tinnitus here forever?

PS other than feelin' a little flat no other probs thus far after DUL30 WD flare

you two are the dawgz balwz

#156 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,899 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 November 2023 - 02:37 PM

"Since dropping 10mg diarrhoea has gone from 4 or 5 toilet visits a day to one...is that a success? I am looking for one success"

That is definitely a success. Now that it has improved some I would try the loperamide (Imodium AD) again. It may now be able to help.

"how long to sit on new dose 20mg?"

If you notice no change in withdrawal symptoms within 3 or 4 days you should be able to try another drop.

"is the Tinnitus here forever?"

​Unluckily experience has taught us that the tinnitus is one of the last symptoms to fade. Usually 2 to 4 months after last dose for most but can take a year or longer for those coming off high doses/long term use.

#157 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 30 November 2023 - 10:22 AM

Ha...I have used y'all soo much that you are now 4th in the Google Cymbalta list  :)

Hat

Day 4 of the drop down......would it be fair to say my jumpiness the past coupla days could be due to withdraw 10mg start?

A sort of jumpiness throughout the day but night time is the killer......no sleep/sweats/electric skin and now some sore bones

I am nonetheless feeling happy that I have both Diazepam/DUL30 in the rear view

Are you saying that if there is no worsening of symptoms for 3 or 4 days I could go for drop down #2......20mg to 10mg?

@ 10mg I'm gonna need you guys to walk me through it, for the last obstacle course

Just so xmas goes OK I may sit on 10mg until Jan and deal with it then 

#158 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,899 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 November 2023 - 11:21 AM

"Day 4 of the drop down......would it be fair to say my jumpiness the past coupla days could be due to withdraw 10mg start?

A sort of jumpiness throughout the day but night time is the killer......no sleep/sweats/electric skin and now some sore bones

I am nonetheless feeling happy that I have both Diazepam/DUL30 in the rear view"

Classic, actually less symptoms than most.

"Are you saying that if there is no worsening of symptoms for 3 or 4 days I could go for drop down #2......20mg to 10mg?"

You got it. But remember you mentioned increased jumpiness" so once you stabilize you can make the next drop. Because there was an increase in symptoms (although small) with the last jump you can expect a larger increase in symptoms with the next drop. Staying at 20 or 10 mg over Christmas is probably a good idea as that will give you a chance to stabilize before you do another drop. Also, remember Christmas can be stressful so expect some back sliding of symptoms and, of course, stay away from the alcohol. Not good for recovery. lol

Hang in there, you are doing fine.

#159 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 30 November 2023 - 11:40 AM

Many Thanks Hat   :)

#160 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 30 November 2023 - 01:22 PM

Hat.......4 months on DUL today........after I deal with the drop to 10mg how would you recommend I deal/split with the last 10mg

I expect the 20mg CAPS ( after a shortage) will be in chemist soon, so that's a bonus as it will be easier to cut

#161 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,899 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 November 2023 - 03:49 PM

i would say go to 5 mg and then 0 mg. How fast? Depends on how you do on the next drop.

#162 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,223 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 November 2023 - 06:35 PM

Yes, it will be bead counting time. Not too bad once you get used to it.

But dropping 10mg to cold turkey is for sure not a good idea. Listen to your body and be patient.

You need to avoid all stressful circumstances at all costs as you will have trouble maintaining the neurochemicals responsible for balancing such moments, which means you will have a real tough time engaging with stress. As such, I wholeheartedly agree with Hat that maintaining the same dose over Christmas to be a good idea.

IUN

#163 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 01 December 2023 - 10:52 AM

"Day 4 of the drop down......would it be fair to say my jumpiness the past coupla days could be due to withdraw 10mg start?

I am nonetheless feeling happy that I have both Diazepam/DUL30 in the rear view"

Classic, actually less symptoms than most.

"Are you saying that if there is no worsening of symptoms for 3 or 4 days I could go for drop down #2......20mg to 10mg?"

You got it. But remember you mentioned increased jumpiness" so once you stabilize you can make the next drop. Because there was an increase in symptoms (although small) with the last jump you can expect a larger increase in symptoms with the next drop. Staying at 20 or 10 mg over Christmas is probably a good idea as that will give you a chance to stabilize before you do another drop. Also, remember Christmas can be stressful so expect some back sliding of symptoms and, of course, stay away from the alcohol. Not good for recovery. lol

Hang in there, you are doing fine.

HAT.....Night 4 of drop down......it's looks like night time is my time for WD's. Each night growing in intensity but manageable...ever so slight feeling of queezy which passes quickly

Dreams and images SOOOO intense though. Had a long Salvador Dali type dream that I could not escape from. When I eventually got my eye's open ( i was aware at end that I was dreaming) the images were still there and continued for a while but projected onto dark wall of bedroom

IUN....Day 5 of drop down and diarrhoea visits to toilet has lessened and movements have changed a little from pure water but stomach and guts still rumbling and visits down to around two per 24 hours...stomach and guts feel like they have suffered and not yet had a break from onslaught....am I expecting too much too soon IUN?

I will see how I feel in 5 more days time and if OK go for the 10mg and sit on that over xmas....much ta  :

#164 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,223 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 01 December 2023 - 03:47 PM

IUN....Day 5 of drop down and diarrhoea visits to toilet has lessened and movements have changed a little from pure water but stomach and guts still rumbling and visits down to around two per 24 hours...stomach and guts feel like they have suffered and not yet had a break from onslaught....am I expecting too much too soon IUN?

The fact that there has been some improvement is good news in itself. But yes, 5 days is still a little early to expect too much. The dose should settle within 7-10 days, but the GI itself has to balance out even though the dose is back where is should be. But I wouldn't bank on going to 10mg just yet. 

#165 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 02 December 2023 - 05:30 AM

Urine,peeing problems seem to be a problem with users of DUL.....there were some odd sensations at first and sometimes poor stream at night.........during this WD the stream last night was practically non existent and had to go in short bursts.....it looks to me that the problems i experienced in the first few weeks of use I am experiencing on the last few weeks of use,that be possible? Same thing with old war wounds body pains and sore bones, perhaps making a comeback due to whatever pain relieving qualities this medicine has/had

This med DUL30 is teh brutalz

I'm on the tail end of Diazepam WD

Midway through DUL WD

Had 34 days of the shitz over past 14 weeks

and my throat is RAW.......which may or may not be C19

add that to ongoing COPD and you have one very poorly and pissed off guy

The irony and joke? My head department is actually OK, it's a body makeover I now require

Merry xmas

#166 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 02 December 2023 - 06:19 AM

You are now 3rd top of Google search on my PC for Cymbalta  :)

#167 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,899 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 December 2023 - 07:50 AM

Whether it be withdrawals, flu, colds or other illnesses, nighttime is always worse. As the sun goes down the body starts changing serotonin to melatonin. With the drop in serotonin symptoms escalate. Eventually your body will adapt but it will take a while.

#168 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 02 December 2023 - 08:48 AM

Whether it be withdrawals, flu, colds or other illnesses, nighttime is always worse. As the sun goes down the body starts changing serotonin to melatonin. With the drop in serotonin symptoms escalate. Eventually your body will adapt but it will take a while.

The Sun!? This is Scotland Hat  :)

#169 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,899 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 December 2023 - 06:55 PM

Let me rephrase that.  lol

As the light diminishes in the evening...

#170 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,899 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 December 2023 - 06:58 PM

Have you ever had your Vitamin D levels checked. Low Vitamin D can make withdrawal worse. Most of our vitamin D production is due to exposure to sunlight.

#171 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 12:27 PM

Can't recall if I have asked before.....Would my recent drop to 20mg from 30mg DULoxetine be causing me some depression and jitters in much the same way Diazepam would?

could the DUL WD do that....I guess so because it is after all an AD,yeah?

IUN   How long were you on DUL Bro and what dose?

#172 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,223 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 03 December 2023 - 08:39 PM

Over here in the UK, we can very much suffer from the "SAD Syndrome". There is bugger all sun at this time of the year at the best of times. 

If it helps John, I have DSPD (Delayed sleep phase disorder), which means my serotonin does not convert to melatonin until much later than most people. So it is quite impossible for me to sleep before 4am. So the earliest I wake is midday. So I miss out on a whole lot of sun - when it is visible. So this time of year, I am really suffering, It sucks. 

Sunlight is very important to mental health, so SAD lamps and vit D can help to a degree. But nothing replaces natural sunlight.

Hat - you need to understand that we are far further up in the northern hemisphere relative to Texas, so we get naff all daylight in the winter. It is really tough. I just make sure I have commitments shortly after I wake, so I get as much sunlight as possible. All the while, still very tough...

IUN

#173 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 05:25 AM

Can't recall if I have asked before.....Would my recent drop to 20mg from 30mg DULoxetine be causing me some depression and jitters in much the same way Diazepam would?

could the DUL WD do that....I guess so because it is after all an AD,yeah?

IUN   How long were you on DUL Bro and what dose?

IUN ^^^^

and Guys.....I have went from the guy who played his guitar every night for life and did two sets of exercising for an hour and a half each.....4 &1/2  hours a day ...to the guy who did NOTHING but eat tabs and get depressed......I TOLD THE DOCTOR AFTER 10 DAYS THAT DUL WAS NOT FOR ME!!!! but I was railroaded

I feel as though (I hope this time) that a change is afoot and I will at some point soon be coming out of the darkness into the light after this LOST 18 MONTHS! how do I forgive myself folks?

Thinking about the lost time is enough to depress me  :) how do I readjust and move on?

Good news,there has been a wee change in diarrhoea......bad news, got the Mother and Father of throat and Chest infections......C19? IDK

Still getting wee electric legs at night from last DUL drop so gonna change plan to next drop being 5mg rather than 10

#174 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,899 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 December 2023 - 05:32 PM

IUN - Hmmm, I am far north of Texas too.  lol  But I got you!!

LT - Yes on the possible depression symptoms.

In surgeons offices all day today. Will keep it short.

#175 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 06 December 2023 - 10:57 AM

IUN ^^^^

and Guys.....I have went from the guy who played his guitar every night for life and did two sets of exercising for an hour and a half each.....4 &1/2  hours a day ...to the guy who did NOTHING but eat tabs and get depressed......I TOLD THE DOCTOR AFTER 10 DAYS THAT DUL WAS NOT FOR ME!!!! but I was railroaded

I feel as though (I hope this time) that a change is afoot and I will at some point soon be coming out of the darkness into the light after this LOST 18 MONTHS! how do I forgive myself folks?

Thinking about the lost time is enough to depress me  :) how do I readjust and move on?

Good news,there has been a wee change in diarrhoea......bad news, got the Mother and Father of throat and Chest infections......C19? IDK

Still getting wee electric legs at night from last DUL drop so gonna change plan to next drop being 5mg rather than 10

^ can't believe today that it was me that wrote that...today I feel a bit lost and frightened and a bit neurotic about health and worsening mental conditions. All it takes is ONE bad day and I am "back to the beginning" 

Today is day 22 of Diazepam taper and cessation and also day 10 of DUL 30mg to 20mg taper .......is my steps back and feeling to be expected guys? Sometimes a wee bit of reassurance will do

#176 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,899 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 December 2023 - 12:50 PM

It is what we refer to the withdrawal rollercoaster. Par for the coarse. The swings will slowly get better.

#177 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,223 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 06 December 2023 - 08:30 PM

I was on a dose of 60mg for only 3 months and it ruined me. 

I am really sorry that you have gone through what you have, but in the back of my mind it worried me that you would suffer from PAWS from such a quick withdrawal..

It WILL get better, but you will need to take this on the chin and wait for the better days, which WILL happen. I cannot say when, but a slow and patient withdrawal is always a recipe for an easier time. Do NOT blame yourself and this will only make the situation worse.

This decision was between yourself and the GP - they have as much to do with this as you did. But looking back in retrospect is only going to harm you further. What is done is done. You need only look to the future, not consider what has already happened as nothing will change that. Live from moment to moment. The past and future will never help you in the present moment.

Quoting the teachings of Eckhart Tolle, there is always the power of now. Don't live in the past, it will only bring you more harm.

IUN

#178 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 07 December 2023 - 06:17 AM

You think a two month withdrawal for a three month stay on 20/30mg DUL is not adequate?

I am frazzled yesterday and today.....down,negative and anxious about self and health....could it be WD symptoms 10 days after step down 30/20?

at the same time bowels appear to be "changing" for the better

Sorry if I am repeating self here :(

#179 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,223 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 07 December 2023 - 08:32 PM

Best to keep it to the one forum topic if honest and Hat and myself are easily confused!! LOL

#180 looneytune

looneytune

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 08 December 2023 - 05:20 AM

Eh?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users