197 replies to this topic

#151 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:09 PM

Jeff!! Freedom is right! I know exactly what you are saying about those clear moments; for me they were so so so clear! It gave me such hope that those clear moments would begin to outnumber the foggy ones, and they did! I'm so happy that you are here, and that you have made it! It is so important that the stories get shared, and yours will truly give hope to others just beginning this journey.

Mary, I hope that the prednisone sticks with you, and that you have continued relief. Enjoy that movie!

#152 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 31 May 2008 - 05:08 PM

I'm not going to hold my breath on this, but, for the first time since stopping cymbalta, I have no muscle pain, no joint pain and little nerve pain. I woke up feeling like this. It is very strange, and scarey at the same time. Now I'm not feeling well generally speaking. Kind of flu type feeling. Stomach is doing flip flops, acid reflux and muscle fatigue. General tired feeling. But no pain! I've not taken any prescription meds today except my little half of a prednisone tablet. Actually no meds either prescription or OTC except the prednisone. Could this be a good sign? Is it going to last? If it wasn't for the fatigue I think I would safely say I just about feel normal today!

I just had to say something because all of my posts are the same-I hurt, I can't take it anymore, yada yada yada. I will post again tomorrow around this time and let all know if today is just a fluke or if it continues to be for the most part good.........

#153 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:06 PM

It's been over 24 hrs since my optimistic posting yesterday. Yesterday gave me a glimpse on how I should be feeling, how we should all be feeling. But, it turned out it was just a glimpse. Pain back today as it has been :( . I'm very sad about that. Day 50 today. 50 very long, miserable days. Ok maybe 45 since the all of the pain actually started, but still....

I'm going to start completely over tomorrow with new medical help. I'm going to forget everything and anything my regular PC has told me, and start fresh with a new doc. If I am extremely lucky I will get a doc who might care enough to listen. This whole thing has been/is a nightmare that will not stop. But it has to. I want to go back to work so bad, and have a regular life again, so bad. What is a regular life anyway? I have forgotten. No, actually, I haven't. Because I had 24 hrs. of remembering what a normal life is. I want it back. Now. Not tomorrow, not next week or next month. Now! I know, I'm hoping for a miracle and hoping for too much. Can't help it.

Mary

#154 jeff3298

jeff3298

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNorthern California - East Bay

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:46 PM

It has been 5 days now and I am doing pretty well :( No major side effects and the pain in the body is easing and getting better day by day.

:arrow: Next step is to Taper off the Lexapro. I am going to wait a few more days for the Cymbalta to totally get out of my system before I start that.

................Remember it is not you that is doing this to your body, it is the drug!

...................... We all understand here, because we have been there and done that!

............................... You are not crazy!

...........................................You are not alone!

#155 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 10:37 PM

Jeff, remember, there is no rush. Maybe take the Lexapro for a week or 2, just to be sure you feel okay. You have come such a long way, and managed to be incredibly supportive to everyone else here at the same time. I'm very proud of you!

#156 jeff3298

jeff3298

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:02 PM

Thanks for all your support, everyones, I could not have got this far without it.

I had a bad night last night, Anger hit and hit hard. It had been brewing all day and I lost it last night. Luckly no family was home to take it out on. I had a rough night with vivid bad dreams, very ugly dreams, and very emotional memories of them today. I am very tired today and a headache.
I found out my medical has been dropped and my Lexapro will cost me $280 a month which I cannot afford. So I am getting two weeks worth and begining a slow taper with the tablets I will have which will be about 45 tabs. I take 3 per day not and can cut them in half and then half again if need be.
I think they are 10mg each. Any suggestions on the taper rate? going from 30mg down?
Jeff

#157 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:11 PM

I found out my medical has been dropped and my Lexapro will cost me $280 a month which I cannot afford. So I am getting two weeks worth and begining a slow taper with the tablets I will have which will be about 45 tabs. I take 3 per day not and can cut them in half and then half again if need be.
I think they are 10mg each. Any suggestions on the taper rate? going from 30mg down?
Jeff

Jeff, Lexapro is Celexa, with a few molecules switched around. And the dosing is different, I think that 10mg Lexapro = 20 mg Celexa. Talk to your doctor about this. Celexa is on the $4/month supply list at Wal Mart, Sams Club and Target, I don't know if other pharmacies do this.

Alternately, you can ask your doctor to obtain samples for you. If she doesn't have them available, she can request them.

I did my Celexa taper every 7-10 days. I "shaved" the pills with an exacto blade. Keep what you shaved off in an "estimated" dose container.

Lexapro link:
http://en.wikipedia....ki/Escitalopram
Escitalopram was developed in a close cooperation between Lundbeck and Forest Laboratories. Its development was initiated in the summer of 1997, and the resulting new drug application was submitted to the FDA in March 2001. The short time (3.5 years) it took to develop escitalopram can be attributed to the previous extensive experience of Lundbeck and Forest with citalopram, which has similar pharmacology.[1] FDA issued the approval of escitalopram for major depression in August 2002 and for generalized anxiety disorder in December 2003. Escitalopram can be considered an example of "lifecycle management"[2] - the strategy pharmaceutical companies use in order to extend the lifetime of a drug, in this case of the citalopram franchise. Escitalopram is an enantiomer of citalopram, used for the same indication, and for that reason it required less investment and less time to develop. Two years after escitalopram's launch, when the patent on citalopram expired, the escitalopram sales successfully made up for the loss.
citalopram = celexa

I am calm now, but this torques my chain to no end that they "reformulated" this drug and are charging people that much a month for it. That's more than effin Cymbalta!

Best of health to you!

#158 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:37 PM

It's all about $$$$ there's no health in healthcare anymore...... May as well call it for what it is..."The Wealthcare Industry." 8-)

Well, that is very clever.

#159 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:14 PM

Jeff. Great to hear you are through the pain phase, which for me has been the pits! I'm sorry to hear you had a rough nights sleep, but do hope that the Lexipro gets you the rest of the way through. And the fact that your medical has been dropped just sucks. It's just not right. I have had a heck of a time getting any kind of medical assistance. I'm not a young mom with dependent children anymore, I'm not a migrant farm worker and not old enough for medicare. Maybe I will become a migrant farm worker. Here in Colorado they seem to get everything handed to them. But those of us that have worked hard all of our lives (me since I was 15, now 51), college educated, been kind to other people, have raised good families, and now have a string of bad luck can't seem to cop a break. Well, luckily I finally got that break through the University of Colorado Health Sciences/Hospital. The only money that leaves my pocket is a $35 co-pay. The clinics have there own pharmacy for the drugs that are prescibed the most and then if they don't have it they try there damnest to get the $4 dollar prescriptions for you. Jeff, I don't know where you live, but if there is a large teaching hospital in your area, check with them. Also, go to the web sight of whatever company makes Lexipro and see if they have patient assistance programs. Often you can get a large supply for free from the drug manufacturers.

Now at day 53. I last posted on the 1st that I had one glorious day of no pain, and then the next day pain was back. Well, let's see, today is the 4th and I think I have had no pain for 2 days in a row!!!!!! Hurrah!. Now I have felt kind of yucky for a couple of days with face pain, ringing in my right ear, lot's of nausea, and everything tastes gross. I had been complaining to my PCP for 6 weeks that I felt like I was getting a sinus infection, and he refused to put me on an antibiotic and just said keep rinsing with saline. Well guess what? I have a raging sinus infection that is out of control! Thank God for the kind doctors at the clinic I go to. So am on an antibiotic now. Other than that I sleep badly every other night, and on the other nights sleep like a rock. My body feels kind of weird, sort of a "buzzing" feeling, kind of a constant twitter. I think that this is part of the withdrawal from cymbalta. And that given some time, it too shall pass. So between the withdrawal and the sinus infection, I'm physically exhausted and feel very weak. But I am very very thankful that I have almost had 5 days of no pain like before.

Question for everyone. What do you all think would be good supplements to get the constant fatigue and weakness in my muscles to start going away? B-12? Omega 3? I have both, but have not been faithful about taking them. So any and all ideas from the peanut gallery would be most appreciated!!

Love to all

Mary ;)

#160 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:24 PM

Hey Mary,
I was looking into the Omega 3 and found this website. http://www.womentowo... ... efits.aspx If anyone goes to this website and disagrees with anything it has to say, LET ME KNOW! I thought it had alot of interesting stuff and I think you may want to invest in the Omega 3 and take atleast 3 Grams daily, Mary. I was going to look for either Schmb01 or Sarah J's post, where she said how much she took, so I would make sure I was getting enough in my system, but I was only taking 1000mg...so I am going to increase it times 3. I hope you will be feeling better soon, Mary and so glad to hear you are doing better with the pain than you have been.

Lori

#161 jeff3298

jeff3298

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:10 PM

Hello everyone,
Well I am doing really well, YEA! I have been very stable in my moods and the pain in the joints and body are less and less and I have not taken any OTC pain meds for over a week! I am still taking Lexapro and tomorrow I see my Dr to switch to the generic. Then after a few days I will start the next withdrawl taper and see how that goes.

The GREAT news is CYMBALTA is no longer controlling me! The slower taper was very doable and manageable, I think I might have had one brain zap, lots of pain and mood swings but overall doable!

There is hope for those that are new to this board! I did it and you can too! READ READ READ all the post and understand what you are up against. Cymbalta was the hardest thing, the scariest thing I have ever had to deal with in my life.

Remember- You are not going crazy, it is the Cymbalta that is causing this in you.

You can do it, you can beat it, Listien to your body when you start the process and be gentle to you body, DO NOT rush it. It will get better day by day.

Be blessed
Jeff

#162 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 11 June 2008 - 10:37 AM

Hi all! I did it! I made through my first aqua fitness class this morning! I usually can't even get going enough by 10 a.m. but was at class at 8 a.m. sharp. And I love it. I can really feel it working the muscles that have been in pain or dead feeling for so long. Lower back really hurts but that is ok. I had fun, was around a lot of nice nice people and think that this is going to be something very positive for me. :P

Here's to trying and getting beyond cymbalta!!!!!

#163 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:29 PM

Thank you Greybeard. I'm not past Cymbalta yet, but headed in that direction. That is what I need to keep telling myself-keep going, you're not past it yet, keep going, don't give up, keep going.......

It's now 1:20 and my calves and feet hurt like he--, but I kind of expected it. But I've been on the go all day and body isn't use to that. Going to rest them now. Keep going!

#164 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:48 AM

Keep up the GREAT work, Mary and Jeff!!!! I am excited for you!!! Hang in there Mary, so glad you are doing the water exercising. (I think this was an OLD Virginia Slims saying but...) Jeff, You've come a long way, Baby!!!!!!

Lori

#165 CyMAD

CyMAD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:03 PM

Well, hello everyone. it has been 26 days give or take no cymbalta.
I have made it through the worse of the brain zaps , the GI issues are getting a "little" better everyday.
Up until yesterday I did not have any real BAD headaches. I had a ( i guess it was a migraine.. I have never had one) migraine that was totally horrendous.
I could not open my eyes at all, the light was killing me, any light at all. Today it has been less than yesterday and last night but it has been a NON-STOP bad bad headache, Kind of like a MINI version of the "migraine" I had yesterday. This is a very bad headache. As the topic says... IT HAS TO STOP.

I was wondering who experienced a withdrawal symptom that they never had this far out of stopping cymbalta? especially the migraines and non-stop headaches?

This is totally so wrong. just wrong. this drug should be outlawed.

I am venting and in extreme pain from the headache as I type this.

I am starting to just get pissed off worse and worse about the uninformed *&^*&^**&^'s that give this drug. Yes I know, I am staying calm and not letting the anger get to me because it could make this worse. but in the back of my foggy friggin mind I am MAD AS HELL.

Tell me I am not ALONE in this headache ordeal!!!!!!!!!!

#166 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:40 PM

Well, hello everyone. it has been 26 days give or take no cymbalta.
I have made it through the worse of the brain zaps , the GI issues are getting a "little" better everyday.
Up until yesterday I did not have any real BAD headaches. I had a ( i guess it was a migraine.. I have never had one) migraine that was totally horrendous.
I could not open my eyes at all, the light was killing me, any light at all. Today it has been less than yesterday and last night but it has been a NON-STOP bad bad headache, Kind of like a MINI version of the "migraine" I had yesterday.
I was wondering who experienced a withdrawal symptom that they never had this far out of stopping cymbalta? especially the migraines and non-stop headaches?

Tell me I am not ALONE in this headache ordeal!!!!!!!!!!

Part of why I was put on Cymbalta was to stop migraine pain. Before, during and after Cymbalta, I still have them. Cymbalta did not help me not have migraines, it just made me not care that my head was being split in two.

What you describe certainly sounds like one. Migraines can last for an hour or two, or for days, really bad ones can last for 3 to 5 days (definately get to a doc if it doesn't go away in that amount of time). When you say that you had a "mini" migraine the second day, you are probably experiencing what I have always called the "aftermath". Where you head feels sort of better, but your body is going "WHAT????".

I am hoping that you are so far out with your withdrawal that Cymbalta is not the source, my withdrawal "mother of all migraines" came around day 12.

Some migraine triggers: hormones (sorry, don't know if you are male/female), extreme drops in barometric pressure (your body is reacting to an upcoming storm), wearing bug spray with DEET, smells (stinky cologne, pollution) and food. Foods that trigger a migraine would be things that are "smoked" cheese or smoked lunch meat, stuff with MSG (chinese food), greasy fast food.

"Most" migraines will happen more severe on one side of your head. If it doesn't get better, or happens again, my best advice would be to get it checked out.

Also, if you usually drink caffeine and stop suddenly, this will give you a migraine as well. My migraine medication is part caffeine and when I feel one coming on, I'll drink a really strong cup of tea to try to make it stop. Caffeine is another "drug" that if your body is used to it and you take it away, your brains will hate you.

CYMAD, hope this finds you feeling better and hope that maybe something in the trigger list above will be the reason for it and not further withdrawal. And I hope that you don't have to experience migraines again, it's like being in prison in your own body. Hang in there.

#167 CyMAD

CyMAD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:53 PM

I had a 64 day headache from cymbalta withdrawal..... never let up the whole time, but never did reach screaming level..... it just sat there for 64 days and then gave up..... It was the first of my symptoms to leave, soon followed by most of the others.

I know that doesn't make yours feel any better, but you're not alone.

Peace,
Greybeard

Thanks for the reply greybeard. You are truly a glimpse of light with a giving spirit with your responses to this forum as well as many others.

I am not going to let this drug beat me. I am not giving in. I have read in one of your posts where you said " we have taken a very powerful drug and it will take some time" ( something to that effect ) and I think of that after I have a decent half a day or night then another symptom comes along and kicks my butt for a while. It makes a lot of sense as you also say "we are being rewired".

Thank you for the response and your time also Sarah. I saw it right before i posted this. I don't want to leave you out of the list of people that are very very helpful to everyone here.
This forum ( aside from my new anti-drug therapist and my girlfriend for sure who has put up with me through this ) has/is been a great place for me while going through this.

This drug took from me and of course my life for several years and I am not going to take it anymore. I can and will beat this.

Thanks to everyone here that cares enough to share and give encouraging thoughts.

Sincerely I pray for you all.

#168 154649

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 11:48 AM

I was on 120 mg's of Cymbalta a day for the last several years. I then, out of he blue, had a seizure for the 1st time in my life. It was a truly horrible experience and is a possible side effect of this drug. I am now tapering off and am down to 30mg every other day. No fun.

Has anyone else ever had this type of experience (seizure) and is anyone else out there taking 120 mg's a day? Reading all your posts makes me think this is a rather unusually high dose?

#169 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 12:12 PM

I was on 120 mg's of Cymbalta a day for the last several years. I then, out of he blue, had a seizure for the 1st time in my life. It was a truly horrible experience and is a possible side effect of this drug. I am now tapering off and am down to 30mg every other day. No fun.

Has anyone else ever had this type of experience (seizure) and is anyone else out there taking 120 mg's a day? Reading all your posts makes me think this is a rather unusually high dose?

This user did:
https://www.cymbalta...78&p=1067#p1067

The Prescribing Information Sheet for Cymbalta clearly states that doses over 90mg have not proven in trials to be effective. But you arent' the first person to post here that has been on that high of a dose.

Every Other Day Doses Put You Into Withdrawal Every Other Day!!!
Cymbalta has a short half life of about 12-14 hours. Total elimination from your body in approximately 3 days. On the day that you are taking nothing, you are starting to withdrawal, then the next day, you are giving yourself more, which starts the process all over again. A roller coaster ride from the hottest place on the planet. Dont' go there please, if your doc told you to do this, they are grossly misinformed.

Please work with your doctor, or find a new one and I wish you all the best with this. You can get off of this and regain your life. Let us know how you are doing.

Cymbalta does come in a 20mg capsule that you may wish to drop down to, but some people report that weaning just prolongs everything.

#170 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:26 AM

Yes, I totally agree with Greybeard. I took my boyfriends daughter to her appt. which is the same doctor who prescribed my Cymbalta, but yesterday a new physicians assistant saw us, and I mentioned Cymbalta (for some reason) and she said, Oh my God, he should have tapered you down to 30mg. You should have allowed him to taper you to 30mg!!! Then start taking it every other day! I looked at her and told her that every other day is not the way to do it, one day we are feeling the withdrawals, the next day we are back on track (Half way)...and the cycle continues. She kept telling me they were told 30 was the lowest dose and it should be tapered by every other day. I told her what I have learned from my own experience and from what I have learned from you guys. I told her alot of things and she ended the conversation by telling me that they KNOW it does not come in 20 mg capsules and that every other day is the way to come off Cymbalta. I ended my conversation in telling her that if she and the doctor will not believe in what their patients tell them then she (my boyfriends daughter) will NOT be coming back to their practice.

I also told her that we knew we were not doctors but we have been there. We on this message board knows more about what works for us and what doesnt, than what they do. Most doctors 'dealing' the Cymbalta dont have a clue as to what they are prescribing and how it will effect anyone. If there are any new members reading this post, you have to do what you feel is right for you, that includes taking into consideration what you read here and what your doctor tells you. But trust what you read from Greybeard, Schmb01 and Sarah J, because they are success stories and they will do their best to answer your question and help you become Cymbalta free.

Day 67 Cymbalta free, no anger, little anxiety, no brain zaps this week, laugh, smile, and feel energetic, no more naps, I can read books again, I work hard spring cleaning, work hard in the yard be it flower gardening or washing the car, run errands and take care of a family of 5 with no aggrivation and feel very little stress, I cook a huge meal every evening and I dont get frustrated anymore. Hang in there everyone!!! The road to where I am now was a nightmare but please know, if you are dealing with the nightmare now, it does get better and easier every day.

You are in my thoughts and prayers daily,
Lori

#171 jeff3298

jeff3298

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:56 AM

19 days of FREEDOM!
Hello everyone, well I am on day 19 of no Cymbalta and I am doing G R E A T! I am also on day 5 of no Lexapro and no seraquel and doing better than I thought I could feel. WOW I am actually alive and feeling pretty good. There is life after Cymbalta and the other antidepressants. I have been on these drugs for almost 5 years, Cymbalta for a little over two years, actually it is May of 2006 when I started Cymbalta and May of 2008 I stopped Cymbalta. As many of you know my history of cold turkey and a fast taper and then finally the slow taper. I wake up every day wondering if the Cymbalta devil is going to jab my brain with a jolt today or not. So far so good.

I am now taking everything one step at a time, adding one supplement at a time and being stable on that for at least a week before I add the next item. Currently the only thing I am taking is over the counter Alieve or Motrin.

There is hope for all Cymbalta users that want to stop taking it, I did it and so can you.

Do whatever you need to do to get off this drug but be gentle on your brain and body, it is way more powerful than you realize and has much more control over you than you know. This drug will someday be banned I am sure, it will unfortunately take many life’s and ruin many more before they take it off the shelf’s. In the mean time spread the word about this site!

There is hope
You are no nuts, it is the drug!
You can do it, I know because I did it!

Thank all of you who helped me get through this horror in my life, without you and this site I probably would not be alive today.

Blessings
Jeff

#172 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:06 AM

I am very very happy for you Jeff!!! I thank God you are well on your way to a 'normal' life.....after 5 years of anti depressants! Keep us posted, I enjoy reading your posts.

Lori

#173 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:41 PM

:mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :D Jeff, your post just makes me smile! I cannot tell you how happy I am for you and your success at beating this drug. You may not realize it, but you have had a huge impact here, sharing your story, and supporting everyone while you were going through hell yourself. Reading this has just made my whole day!!!!

#174 jeff3298

jeff3298

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 06:25 PM

thanks
J
I could not have done it with you!

#175 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:27 PM

Hey Jeff,
I hope all is going well with you, I hope to hear from you soon!!

#176 jeff3298

jeff3298

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:10 AM

Hi Everyone
Wow time flies. I am doing well but around the 20th of June the joint pain hit and nightmares. Unbelievable vivid scary disturbing nightmares. I have never in my life had nightmare, I very seldom even remember a dream. But these nightmares are so scary I have to force myself to wake up, then I am awake and disturbed for an hour or two, a couple of times I had to wake up my wife and asked her to pray for me I was so disturbed. There is no doubt in my mind this is part of the Cymbalta withdrawal aftermath. The joint pain is in every joint of my body, I have been taking 3 alieve 3 times a day and it still hurts.
But with all this I am still free of Cymbalta and have no regrets what so ever that I stopped taking it. My mind is clear and free, I have freedom that I cannot describe. My wife is waiting for, as she calls it, the other shoe to drop. In other words for the depression to come back with a vengeance. I cannot go back on any anti depressant other than herbal and natural supplements, I am trying to deal with life clean and sober one might say. The only thing I am taking is Alieve for this pain of the joints. IF I feel I am getting depressed I will start a regiment of supplements and herbals and other natural things.

Cymbalta has taught me to take my time with my self, to take it slow and not be quick about changing things in my body. The Cymbalta is leaving day by day, eventually it will 110% gone. Between now and then I will be working on other things to improve my life, but slowly, one step at a time. Adding one thing and seeing how that works, track it and study it on myself. Then once stable, do the next step and so on and so on. Cymbalta is/has more power than anyone realizes unless you have been all the way though its course. It is power and I have learned to respect power and to deal with it with power of the other side. Fight power with power, be as smart as and smarter than the enemy, and respect the enemy but not bow down to the enemy. The enemy is Cymbalta in this case and you need to fight it with a plan of action that is smart and safe for you, a solid plan of action, a proven plan of action, a plan that has beat the enemy.
How? Read the post on this website. Read Forest Read! Read and ask questions, chat with other winners, other people who have won the battle. Figure out what you need to do to win the battle, it may be cold turkey, or it may be a fast taper or a slow taper or even an extremely slow taper. It does not matter how you get to the finish line, what matters it that you get there. There is no stop watch and you won't loose the race if you’re a day or two late. You win by running the race and finishing, crossing the line of freedom of Cymbalta. Is the race a dash or a marathon when you are standing at the starting line? You do not know because of the darkness that has blinded you. That darkness is Cymbalta. Start the race and run at your safe pace, don’t let your legs cramp the first 50' when you have 22 miles to go. Run the race to finish no matter how long it takes, the closer the finish line the faster it comes/ Run the race to finish, not to see how much punishment your body can tolerate and how much pain and agony you can heap upon yourself. Run the race to finish in one piece, standing and cruising across the line instead of crawling. What type of finish is that? Run this race against this enemy smarter than it has run in you.
You can and will win this race, believe you can because others have crossed the finish line, I have, others have and you will to. There was a day I could not see the finish line, the others on here told me there was a finish line, and I went on their faith. Well guess what! They told me the truth and I crossed the finish line. You can too, you are not crazy, you are not nuts, you are blessed to have found this website and you will be free, I know you will.

Be Blessed

Jeff

#177 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 03 July 2008 - 05:25 PM

Hi Jeff. I just finished reading several of your posts about being free from cymbalta. I posted my "last" one this morning. I just wanted to mention to you as far as your joint pain in concerned there is something that worked wonders for my joints. Back in May my doctor put me on a Prednisone Burst-3 pills a day for 3 days, 2 pills a day for 3 days, 1 pill a day for 3 days and 1/2 a pill for 3 days. My joint pain subsided around the second day of 2 pills. By the time I was on the 1/2 pill, I had no joint pain! And it has not, I repeat, not returned. Yes, it's a prescribed med, but it is for such a short time and to be joint free, it was worth it. You might think about that. Just a thought. Good luck to you in the future!

Mary

#178 CathyH

CathyH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:46 PM

In my experience, weaning does not help much. I went from 60mg daily, to 30mg daily, and experienced withdrawals. Then went from 30mg daily to 30mg every other day, again experiencing withdrawals. It took me months to do this. I would take a step to reduce, make it a couple of days, and have to go back on because the symptoms were so horrid. Then I'd try again, get a little farther, and have to go back on again. Like I said, it took me months.

I tried to go off completely and made it 7 days. I was ready to be hospitalized at that point. Went back on. Now I'm at day 8 without Cymbalta, and I'm going to make it this time. My withdrawals havent' been as bad as the last time, although not a freaking carousel ride. But i will go thru hell and high water to do this this time. Nothing is going to stop me. Even if I do wind up in the hospital, so be it. They can't MAKE me take it.

CathyH

#179 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:50 PM

Taking this drug every other day just puts your body in and out of withdrawal every other day, due to it's short half life in the body. It is no wonder you had such a hard time.

#180 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 02:53 PM

Hang in there Cathy, you will get through this. I wish I had a dime for everytime someone has posted "You/we/I will get through this" on this message board. I would be a wealthy woman. :D That being said, please believe in yourself and KNOW you will. I really never thought I would get through it. I honestly didn't. I am at day 84 Cymbalta free and can not believe I have gotten this far. I have to thank God for and everyone that helped me on this message board, even those that did NOT know they were helping me.

Jeff, it was great hearing from you. I enjoyed, very much, reading your post. Alot of truth to your writing. I am so happy you thought of having your wife pray over you during your nightmare. Unless a person experiences those kinds of nightmares, its very hard to explain or to get another person to understand the intensity of them. Sometimes the nightmares were quite silly when describing them to someone, but they were just that, a NIGHTMARE.....and I could not shake the nightmares.....all day it was like Satan was laughing and trying to force me to believe in the nightmares. So I would go back to bed to escape my thoughts only to have more nightmares. I am so glad you have come so far. I dont know about you, but from reading your post, I feel God allowed me to go through the withdrawals, BUT His grace had a huge hand in it, he never took His hand off of me, and I was there for a reason.

Its great to hear from you again, Mary. You said this was your last post. How are you doing?
Lori

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users