#541 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,896 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:11 AM

Welcome Blackbird. I can't say I am suprised by any of your symptoms and they could get worse before better as fast as you came off BUT they WILL go away with time. Personally I think the going back to 15 beads and trying to get stabalized is a good idea. Once feeling better just remove one bead a day until done.

#542 Backontrack

Backontrack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationBlue Mountains - Australia
  • why_joining:
    Reassurance that we're not alone.

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:27 PM

Reading through all this I didn't even realise some of the symptoms could be related to Cymbalta! I've been waking up of a morning and within seconds my temperature goes through the roof and I break out in a sweat, I've also started waking at least once during the night which considering I'm usually  a heavy sleeper (once I get to sleep) is quite odd for me.
I also remember reading that Cymbalta has been used to try and control nerve sensitivity so it seems I'm hypersensitive and back pain has returned with a vengeance.

The one thing I'm relieved about is it's been at least 3 weeks since the last severe headspins/ brain jolts, I still get a reminder every now and then along with light and sound sensitivity but to be somewhat free from the feeling that my brain has been hooked up to a car battery gives me hope the other symptoms will pass too.

When dropping from 60mg to 30mg I thought my brain would implode and there was no end in sight, I stuck it out with certain doses until the symptoms subsided enough for me to taper again (If I never have to count another little white bead in my life it'll be too soon) drawing out the tapering over a staggering 12 months really helped ease the withdrawal as best as it could be.
It's not without it's faults and I still feel like I've been hit by a truck some days but I gave my body a chance to adjust as much as possible before ceasing Cymbalta altogether.

Love and strength to you all, without this world of information amongst these forums I'd have thought I was going insane!

#543 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:14 PM

Backontrack

Give it at least 6 months before seriously wondering if you have contracted some strange disease. It takes that long.

Don't overlook something obvious and risk your health, but it's not uncommon for folks withdrawing to go the doctor with a myriad of strange symptoms. The doc says, "Oh dear, Fibromyalgia!!", and the next thing you know you're on antidepressants for the rest of your life.

#544 Backontrack

Backontrack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:03 AM

TY Thismoment, I have a genetic spine deformity that was a dull ache for a long time, I think I'm more pain focussed at the moment but it's nothing serious, I was in regular contact with the GP (weekly at first, the fortnightly and finally monthly) now I go back every couple of months just for a general check but I've been extremely firm with the GP about not being medicated unless it's a bazillion percent necessary, given my past and and addictive personality I'm not even taking pain killers at the moment but heat therapy works wonders instead ;)

#545 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:38 AM

BOT.....is acupuncture something that might help? Several members here have used/are using it....for various different conditions, not just withdrawal.....

#546 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:
    Essentially I am here for support and real information. On a journey away from this medication and towards a mindful, present state of being. My goal is to find courage, my hope to help someone along the way. Change.

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:54 AM

Thanks to LadyNancy for the "crapalta" nickname. A fitting name!

I am at approx. 3 months off this poison. Last evening had a dinner party-stressed all day about the house and yard before the guests arrived. Normally this would be NO big deal at all. But since the use of crapalta and subsequent DC'g of it, I have not been myself and find motivation and work almost insurmountable obstacles.

After everyone left last night, formerly I would have cleaned up. I couldn't wait to curl up in a supine position. My body ached and I felt horrible.

I remain hopeful because of you. Thank you too everyone for being here and helping one another thru this hell.

#547 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:03 AM

Wow xman, a dinner party at 3 months off the poison.....I assure you that when I was at that point I would have been curled up in the fetal position before and during the party....;-)

Actually, at 6 months off, there mere thought of hosting a dinner party puts me into the fetal position!

#548 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:15 PM

Thanks to LadyNancy for the "crapalta" nickname. A fitting name!

I am at approx. 3 months off this poison. Last evening had a dinner party-stressed all day about the house and yard before the guests arrived. Normally this would be NO big deal at all. But since the use of crapalta and subsequent DC'g of it, I have not been myself and find motivation and work almost insurmountable obstacles.

After everyone left last night, formerly I would have cleaned up. I couldn't wait to curl up in a supine position. My body ached and I felt horrible.

I remain hopeful because of you. Thank you too everyone for being here and helping one another thru this hell.

Actually xman that is not unusual in the after Crapalta stage. That you could do the dinner party at all is a very good sign. But whenever you participate in any stressful activity such as this then expect the fatigue afterwards.

For some this after stress fatigue doesn't last long but sometimes it can last for long after discontinuation.

I have been off for more than a year and I can still count on fatigue for at least an entire day after having a high stress day.

I am beginning to wonder if I haven't developed chronic fatigue syndrome as days when I do more physical activity than normal also can cause me to be very tired the next day.

Give yourself a break as it has only been 3 months so you are doing great and it will get better.

Take care of you

#549 Backontrack

Backontrack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:43 PM

BOT.....is acupuncture something that might help? Several members here have used/are using it....for various different conditions, not just withdrawal.....

I'm actually very keen to try it, terrified of needles but keen none the less, I'll have to see if there's an acupuncture provider in the area :)

#550 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:05 PM

I just wrote a long post & my iPad closed down & I lost it !!!!!! Oh that's crap ..:-(
In short I had written thanking LadyNancy for her insight into the fatigue following a stressful day... I have just experienced this & Xman I felt just like you yesterday .

At 6 months off & helping organize my grand daughters 16th birthday dinner two nights ago , yesterday I could barely walk or think straight ...today is slightly better but I am expecting our daughter & her family to arrive soon for a weekend stay.. I wish I had a energy pill to take ...ha ha
Xman , I have found this to be a pattern as well ... A day of excitement always followed by a day of fatigue ... & I also am finding it very hard to have visitors or guests . I get so stressed out that I don't enjoy the event & almost need to take a Zanax to calm me down . I'm also a perfectionist & that doesn't help @ all ... What takes others a few hours to organize usually takes me a week of preparation ...not good under normal circumstances but dire when suffering from the after effects of CRAPALTA....
I CURSE THE DAY I WAS INTRODUCED TO YOU ... YOU CHEMICAL CRAP ...

#551 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:10 PM

Wagtail

I agree. Recovery from any physical activity takes much longer. Also the fatigue is accompanied by flu-like muscle achiness.

#552 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:
    Essentially I am here for support and real information. On a journey away from this medication and towards a mindful, present state of being. My goal is to find courage, my hope to help someone along the way. Change.

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:38 PM

You are all so great and I VERY VERY  much appreciate the feedback and insights from LadyNancy, FN, Wagtail, BOT and TM.

I was out of touch w/ reality for saying "yes" to the party. I echo you, Wagtail, in that I curse the day of introduction to the Crapalta/ posion!

Thought I would walk around the block, a little while ago, to see if the muscle aches would abate. They did not.

Yiikes! Work tomorrow will be a challenge, no doubt. But my spirits are lifted by you all--Thanks! I couldn't go thru this without you.

#553 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:38 PM

Used up all my likes for the day , Xman I like your post ... and just knowing what is happening is what keeps us going I think ..:-)

#554 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:22 PM

Just checking in , couldn't decided which topic to post under so this will do .

I have had the flu for 10 days now & I have to say , it's the worst flu I've ever had . I've managed to perforate my eardrum by blowing my nose & it is very uncomfortable & painful ... The doctor said that it's very inflamed, so he has
put me on antibiotics to prevent infection , apparently when you rupture your eardrum whilst suffering from the flu , it can become infected from internal bacteria !.
It has crossed my mind that MAYBE .. Because I've been so sick from withdrawal / discontinuation , that my defenses might be down & that may be the reason that this particular flu has been so bad !.

The positive is ... Because I have been so ill with flu s/e's , I haven't been able to distinguish between my discontinuation & the flu symptoms .
It will be interesting to see what s/e's are still present when I recover ...

I will report back & let you all know ....just a bit of trivia to take your minds off other problems .. Ha ha :-)

#555 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:09 PM

Wagtail

Oh dear- sorry about your ear drum.

I'm sure you're right about your defenses being down.

Maybe the remaining symptoms from withdrawal will get together with the flu symptoms- kind of have a fling- and then they'll both piss off together! lol

#556 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:59 PM

Wagtail
Oh dear- sorry about your ear drum.
I'm sure you're right about your defenses being down.
Maybe the remaining symptoms from withdrawal will get together with the flu symptoms- kind of have a fling- and then they'll both piss off together! lol

Ha ha , my sentiments exactly ... & I hope you're right ..I must say though that the flu symptoms have been stronger than my discontinuation s/e's ... I couldn't tell if I was burning from the s/e's or from the flu , I didn't feel guilty laying around on the lounge @ all hours or not making the bed or hanging out the washing , or exercising or doing the shopping or socializing ... Isn't it amazing !.
It's perfectly acceptable to be SICK when you explain that you have the flu , but explaining that you are suffering from Withdrawel or discontinuation syndrome you are still expected to get on with it !...
Go figure huh ?....

#557 nillybean

nillybean

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:55 AM

Hi All!

I have to say that I am truly grateful for all the posts on this site. A week ago I thought I was dying and started looking at diseases like MS, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, and other neurological disorders. It was only after I thought about cymbalta that I decided to search for withdrawl signs.

Luckily, I stumbled across this site or I would probably still be panicked thinking today was my last day on this earth. I never would have thought that a doctor would prescribe something that is this dangerous. It never occurred to me that anything but side effects existed and I pledge, to myself, that I will look for forums like this for any drug prescribed. Life lesson learned: be your own advocate.

So the symptoms I have:
Weakness- almost as if I am going to buckle under the weight of myself

Hot flashes and excessive sweating

Twitches and jerks- all of a sudden my face might twitch, a knee might jerk, an arm will flail OR I stutter (I know, super sexy)

A never-ending pulse in my hands, lips, and head

Always feeling other-worldly and disconnected

Hyper sexual (I never thought a woman would have a problem with going "too soon". Thank goodness for multiples)

Laughing maniacally to the point of nearly peering myself

Getting so angry I throw things (I'm usually a very gentle creature)

Pain in my joints

Startling at the tiniest sounds

Talking in my sleep

Vivid dreams

Hearing voices, seeing things, getting really scared and on edge

Crying

Feeling swollen

Total brain fog

Shortness of breath

Nausea then extreme hunger

Feeling like every movement, every moment is work

Lastly- almost mournful because I feel like I've lost myself and I won't get me back. With all of my flaws and issues, if rather feel "normal" than like this.

It's my first post. Thank you for listening.

#558 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:06 AM

Hello nillybean, welcome!

Yes, that's withdrawal effects! I had pretty much the same list!

How long were you on the poison, what dose, for what condition?

Are you bead counting, by removing just a few beads a day....or did you quit cold turkey? If CT, how long ago?

Lots of questions, I know...but the answers will help us help you....

Please stay with us here, and post regularly....I never would have gotten through this...and gotten my real self back...if not for my friends here!

#559 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:45 AM

Welcome, nillybean! Tough w/ds you are going through for sure. Maybe you could reinstate your last dosage and start to bead count. I did cold turkey and it is very hard to put it mildly! My heart goes out to you! Ask questions rant, whatever you need to do here! We've all been there and understand! You'll get lots of great knowledge, wisdom and loving support from others! Keep us posted! Hugs and prayers for you, dear!

#560 UTDawnie

UTDawnie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:15 PM

Hello Everyone,

I am new here.  I was on Cymbalta for 5 years due to anxiety.  About two years ago, I quit 60mg cold-turkey (the doc never said not to...)!  I had no idea what was wrong with me.  I thought I might have developed brain cancer.  The zaps were horrible and my mood was constant grumpy!!!!  I did some research and realized it was Cymbalta withdrawals.  For the next 6 months or so, I stayed unhappy.  Part of the reason for that was having to face the life I had created, with entitled children and a seriously impatient and high-tempered hubby (though hubby was this way before my Cymbalta).  I found myself angry all the time.  I didn't like the person I had become and made the mistake of going BACK ON Cymbalta, but to a lower 30mg dose instead.........  Now, after about 6-8 months back on, I am SOOOO tired of sticking my head in the sand and avoiding the issues in my life.  I know I need to deal with things head on and not ignore things.  My family NEEDS me to be able to deal with them...to create boundaries and not to get so anxious I give into whatever they want.  To not have that apathetic Cymbalta reaction of giving into their demands because it is easier.........

That being said, I started weaning off Cymbalta by taking one every other day, then every 4-5 days, then once a week.  That went on for about 2 months since I was rationing the Cymabalta and didn't want to spend another $100 just to wean.  I took my last Cymbalta about 2 weeks ago (or so...I have lost track of time).  The brain zaps are back, but not as bad as when I quit cold-turkey.  My vision is a little blurry and I often feel dehydrated.  The worst side-effects are having little patience with anyone and being exhausted all the time. I don't remember the exhaustion from last time.  I feel like I can barely function in the evenings and on the weekends because I use everything I have to get through the work day and feel burned out when I get home.  I am wondering how long the symptoms are going to last.  As I stated before, the grumpiness and unhappiness didn't really lift after 6 months.  I didn't have this kind of fatigue last time.  I think the thing that bothers me the most is that I find myself saying things that may be true, but aren't very nice because the people around me are just bugging me.  I try to not say it, but still I hear the words coming out of my mouth and think "I should just shut up now," but can't seem to stop. This is hard because from what I remember about the "real, pre-Cymbalta" me is that I am naturally a very compassionate person and don't like to hurt other people's feelings.  When am I going to find myself again????  When am I going to remember who I was...what made me happy...how to have energy and be more kind??  And for crying out loud, when I will I stop forgetting all the things I plan to do????  I go to do something and can't remember why I even got up from my desk...YIKES!!!!

What I have been doing: Taking a multivtitamin, taking Omega 3-6-9, drinking TONS of water and electrolyte drinks, eating blueberries and other fruits that are high in antioxidants. 

I am excited to find this board because it is nice to have so many people to commiserate with (though I truly am sorry you are having to deal with this nightmare) and to get ideas from!!!!

TIA for any help, advice, etc, you impart!!!!

#561 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:26 PM

Hi, UTD, welcome! This is definitely the place to be to get off this poison!

First, I think you've stepped down too abruptly...huge shock for your system....and it makes withdrawal harder...I know cuz I did it...7-8 years at 60 mg per day....I've been off since last December, and am now pretty much done with the pure physical symptoms...zaps, nausea, wild mood swings, everything you've mentioned and more....

Bead counting would be the best way to do this ordinarily...removing several, even just one, bead per day or every few days etc....

But, since i didn't do that, I'll let others explain it to you...also, and most importantly, you've already quit...and there likely no point in going back...again, others can speak to that better...

What I can say is that based on the physical symptoms you've described,you're definitely in the harder phase of withdrawal...however, if that's essentially all your suffering, you may be one of the ones who comes through this relatively quickly....and you're doing it in very hard circumstances...job and family....is there any way you can take time off from work? Two weeks would help, but my own thought would be a month or so...can you do medical leave? (I'm blessed that I was unemployed when I went cold turkey....and, I'm single and live alone....of course, the downside of that is that I'm living off of savings and very few close friends who could check on me and support me....) however, many here have done this with jobs and families...we all have unique bodies and unique circumstances....the common point is that we're all committed to getting off the stuff and helping each other and newcomers do likewise!

But it's going to still take time....some, like me,take about 6 months....others here do it in a month....some take even longer than 6 months....it all depends on your unique brain and body....;-)

We've observed that factors in how easy/hard withdrawal is are age, weight (it stores itself in body fat), what kind of overall physical condition you're in...exercise etc, what other health conditions you have, and how long and what dose of the poison you've been on...other things as well that I'm not remembering right now....

Some questions....Do you have a benzo or some such to take for the anxiety? If not, please consider getting one....i

Also, Do you have a doc and a therapist...what kind of support network do you have in your daily life to help you through this?

Additional supps to take are chelated magnesium and a b complex....there may be others, but today isn't one of my best days, and I'm fuzzy headed. (I had an anxiety attack last week that lasted a couple of days...I got over enthusiastic with the Valium....; ;-)

As for the realization that you need to deal with the underlying "issues" that got you on this stuff in the first place...BRAVO! This is something I only just realized, at the start of my 7th month off! I'm posting about that elsewhere here....you're way ahead of me!

Also, first things first....you can't deal with those issues while in this part of withdrawal....be patient with yourself....we'll do everything we can to help you through this!

Hang in there, you can do this. Others will be arriving to greet you soon.

#562 Gran23

Gran23

Advanced Member

• Site Supporter
  • 43 posts
  • why_joining:
    Want off Cymbalta for good

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:39 PM

Welcome UTD,

Be patient with yourself.  I agree with FN that you need to work though the rest of this withdrawal and be done with it.  Also agree on the supplements.  I haven't had nearly the problem discontinuing Cymbalta as others on the site have but the support given to me has been a lifesaver.  Be gentle with yourself.

Gran23

#563 UTDawnie

UTDawnie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:05 PM

First of all, when I see all the abbreviations of names, it makes me glad my name isn't Inez or Iris :D  ...at least I still have a sense of humor (or I think I do....LOL)!!

Thank you FN and Gran for your words and encouragement!!!!  FN, you have a lot of wisdom and I appreciate you sharing your knowledge and experience!!!!

I have to leave work in a minute to get my son, so I won't be able to do justice to a reply until tomorrow morning.  I do want to say that I have no desire to buy more Cymbalta just to bead count.  I know I will make it through these withdrawals, I just wish they didn't stink so badly!!!!!!!  Nope, I am not on a benzo.  I will have to Google that.  I am guessing it is an anti-anxiety med that doesn't have the serial side effects of Cymbalta??  What kind is the best kind of doctor to go to who can prescribe the appropriate meds, with a grand knowledge of what they are doing??  Is there such a doc??

Thanks and I will be back in the am!!!!  I TRULY appreciate your words!!!!!!!!!

:0)

Dawnie

#564 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:54 PM

UTD

Benzodiazepine, like Xanax, Ativan, or Valium. You did mention you get anxious dealing with your family- you might consider getting a benzo. People often have them on the shelf for AS NEEDED only, as they are addictive when taken daily and it's something else you'd have to wean off down the road. (I keep some on my shelf).

Good news- your symptoms are right-on-the-money Cymbalta withdrawal territory- zaps, forgetting things, grumpiness, fatigue, anxiety, blurry vision and so on. How is your GI, your tummy- any upset? 

The withdrawal seems to have put a fire in your heart, and I would want to hang onto that- it seems like a gift! Your entitled and impatient support group might have to get used to it- not a bad thing. I'm on your side; you need to receive a little compassion and patience. Go ahead and be grumpy, but stay honest and fair.

Your questions are Cymbalta-normal too: When am I going to find myself again? (Sounds like two people-- one hiding and the other seeking. LOL). Who was I? What made me happy? Those are great questions, and we can explore more about what you mean by them if you wish.

But for now don't worry Dawnie, you can't expect to do any cooking if the kitchen is being renovated. It's a waiting game now, so find something to amuse yourself for a couple of months. You have been fortunate, and it looks like you might very well have a not-too-difficult time of it!!

Take care.

#565 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Locationjust south of sanity

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:19 PM

side effects of cymbalta: mild weight gain, high blood pressure, limited ability to empty bladder leading to chronic UTI's, constantly tense muscles - hard to relax, bland flat feeling, heavy sleeping, wild dreams - not nightmares usually, just very involved, felt real, sometimes confused mundane experiences in dreams with real experiences (like talking to a friend on the phone who in reality i hadn't spoken with) often times the dreams were flying dreams and i loved them - due to your nervous system soaking in serotonin 

side effects of withdrawl: extreme fear, irritability, anxiety, anger, rage, paresthesia, joint pain, fatigue, inability to sleep well, aching muscles and....... drum roll please.............. lots of tears. i see this as a positive. i cried at everything - happy tears sad tear silly tears. it was cathartic because i could FEEL! now that has subsided some, tears still fall when appropriate. 

#566 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:06 PM

brzghoff, you have a great attitude that will carry you on this w/d journey! All my best to you!  clara

#567 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:55 AM

I have a question...has anyone ever heard of or tried psychotherapy via video conference? This interests me as there have to be world experts that we can access without traveling. Just a thought.

#568 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:07 PM

xman...

I have not heard of this, but I am aware of therapy via the phone - not the same, I realize. 

Sounds like something you might like to check out.

Hugs and prayers,

Liz :hug:

#569 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:19 PM

Hey xman

I know that a past member chimera used Psychotherapy via videolink (called telehealth here in Canada) and it worked well for her.

I have had appointments with my psychiatrist this way and will be trying it out in the winter with my psychologist. It isn't as good as being there in person but it is definitely better than just being on the phone. This is done through our local hospital or medical center though and not from my home.

Anything is better than nothing as far as I am concerned.

Take care of you

#570 downtongirl

downtongirl

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:07 PM

Hello...I am fairly new here and don't think I have listed my symptoms on this thread so here goes...

Symptoms while taking Cymbalta...

Nausea (this got better after the first month)

Anxiety (for about 2 - 4 hours after my morning dose I always had this nervous energy feeling)

Heart palpitations

Broken Sleep

Never noticed any significant improvement in depression or anxiety (the reasons I started taking this medicine)

Withdrawal/Dosage reduction symptoms

Brain Zaps

Headache

Muscle Aches

Fatigue

Dizziness

Ear pain/pressure

Increase in Tinnitus

Anxiousness

Feeling sad/flat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users