201 replies to this topic

#31 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:27 PM

Day 21: Not much to report today. No brain zaps for now! If all goes as planned, later this week I will cut my dosage again. In the meantime I still plan to post every day. Even if I feel the same I think it’s important to post. I feel by doing so it not only might help someone else, but it also helps me. It’s good to have a place to express yourself to others that understand. I guess I’m using this like an alcoholic uses an AA meeting. We both are trying to rid our lives of a harmful addictive substance. Well, that’s how I see it anyways… Take care….

Perry

#32 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 01:40 PM

Day 22: Woke up in a crappy mood today. I’ve had some bad dreams the last couple of nights. Not as bad as I was having on 60mg but bad enough to disrupt my sleep. Also I have gotten very easily agitated lately. Don’t know if its stress related, hurricane related, Cymbalta related or all three. I’m trying to get myself mentally prepared to reduce my dosage from 30mg to 15mg. If Hurricane Ike decides not to come this way I’ll probably reduce it this weekend. Well enough about me… how are you doing? Hope all is well. See you again tomorrow!

Perry

#33 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:45 PM

Day 23: One of the reasons I wanted to get off Cymbalta was that I felt like a zombie with no real feelings… just lived in a daze. Well if yesterday is any indication those days are long gone! I had feelings all right…everything that didn’t go my way set me off like a mad man. That’s putting it too harshly but I did get angry quite often and sometimes at the smallest things. At least now I’m clear headed enough to realize that I need to work on some things that I can change for the better! I have to try to channel my anger into something positive. It’s funny…. In the past few weeks I all of a sudden feel wiser and more mature. Is that something that happens in your mid forties??? Please don’t tell me I’m finally growing up…LOL It’s hard to explain. I don’t know… it’s like I’m gaining a new understanding of my life and my anxiety. It’s weird but good at the same time. Anyone have any thoughts on that? Have a great day everyone!

Perry

#34 carmen1965

carmen1965

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:21 PM

Hi. My name is Carmen. I am 43 years old. I been on antydepressants for about 20 years. My reumathologist change my last antidepressant (I can not recall the name probably Prosac), because Cymbalta was supposed to help me with my muscle pains. I am tired of the side effects, and want to approach my depression in a more natural way. I started walking 2 times a week, but hope to increase gradually to 3 or 4 times a week. That helps when I can finally accomplish going. This week I decided to start taking Cymbalta every other day. I have been taking 60 mg. for about a year or year and a half. I am not feeling so good. I have terrible headakes and feel very irritably, angry and nervous. My doctor does not want to take me off the pill so I decided to do it by myself. Please any help of how to do it PROPERLY will help. I surf the net but there really is NO answer as to how wean out of the pill. My real question is what will the side effects be if I stop cold turkey. Please any advise will be much appreciated.

#35 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:41 AM

Day 23: One of the reasons I wanted to get off Cymbalta was that I felt like a zombie with no real feelings… just lived in a daze. Well if yesterday is any indication those days are long gone! I had feelings all right…everything that didn’t go my way set me off like a mad man. That’s putting it too harshly but I did get angry quite often and sometimes at the smallest things. At least now I’m clear headed enough to realize that I need to work on some things that I can change for the better! I have to try to channel my anger into something positive. It’s funny…. In the past few weeks I all of a sudden feel wiser and more mature. Is that something that happens in your mid forties??? Please don’t tell me I’m finally growing up…LOL It’s hard to explain. I don’t know… it’s like I’m gaining a new understanding of my life and my anxiety. It’s weird but good at the same time. Anyone have any thoughts on that? Have a great day everyone!

Perry

That right there is hard to do is knowing how to channel your anger when it comes up. When I upped my dosage of Prozac earlier this week, I felt the anger beast coming back up, and it was bubbling over something that was so ludicrous: there were no Asian restaurants open after 11pm in Vegas (anybody who says this is a twenty-four hour city hasn't ventured away from the Strip), and I wanted some fucking Asian food!!! My wife was with me and we were driving, so I just figured I'd channel my anger by hammering on the gas and finding an upper class restaurant (the only thing in Vegas worth going out late for) and splurging on a really expensive meal like we hadn't had in some time. Once I got a slice of tilapia garnished with lemon juice and mararita spice, I was at peace again.

Dear Devine...thank you so much for your reply. Not only did it make me laugh( not at you but at the thought of you racing thru the streets of Vegas and how it sounds like something I would do) but now I'm craving some asian food too! Hope we both get what we want today! Take care.

Perry

#36 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:00 PM

Day 24: Well it happened again yesterday! After spending a good part of the day online researching ways to make some money (since my condition keeps me from working at this time) I decided to go out in the heat and mow the lawn. All went pretty well until I attempted to put the lawn mower back in the garage and some garden tools decided to get in my way. It was amazing! After the wheel of the mower caused them to fall all over the floor they decided (with a little help from me) to take flight out of garage and land in various spots in the yard. I know what you’re thinking…” how dare they do that”. I thought the same thing! I must admit, it felt good seeing them hurdle thru the air. I was imagining I was an Olympic javelin thrower, which only added to the fun! But seriously, as mad as I got, I quickly realized how foolish I was acting and took responsibility for my actions. Maybe the meds help set me off but it was I who decided to act out. No excuse for that. So later today I will be back in the yard gathering up numerous shovels, tiki torches and planting stakes. I also noticed again that I seamed very exhausted when I finished the lawn. Not sure if it was the heat or the meds. One last note… since it appears that Hurricane Ike is not headed my way, I’ve decided that this weekend I will cut my Cymbalta dosage from 30mg to 15mg. I think it’s time. Wish me luck. Till tomorrow… take care and stay cool!

Perry

#37 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:11 PM

Ahhh..... for me it was papers thrown all over the kitchen at 1:30 in the morning......... But yeah yard tools will work too. 8-) I have noticed in myself that some of this anger/rage is really not me doing this, so don't automaticly figure you were to blame for this behavior ....... it's different with the cymbalta than with "normal" anger. When I got hit with the cymbalta anger and went off there was a "logical observer" in my head saying "you know.... you're going to have to pick those papers up now" while the "cymbalta damaged" me tossed some more because that logical one just pissed me off!! :twisted: There were a few other episodes for me and all of them had this same "duality" present during them. Your "olympic javelin thrower" image makes me wonder if you were feeling something similar.

Peace, and be safe with your dose cut this weekend.

Greybeard

Greybeard...I couldn't find the right words to describe how I felt at the time but you hit the nail on the head with "duality"! That's exactly how I felt! By the way I cleaned up my mess yesterday evening and did it without any anger. Thank you for your reply... you always have great responses. Take care.

Perry

#38 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:15 PM

Day 24: Well it happened again yesterday! After spending a good part of the day online researching ways to make some money (since my condition keeps me from working at this time) I decided to go out in the heat and mow the lawn. All went pretty well until I attempted to put the lawn mower back in the garage and some garden tools decided to get in my way. It was amazing! After the wheel of the mower caused them to fall all over the floor they decided (with a little help from me) to take flight out of garage and land in various spots in the yard. I know what you’re thinking…” how dare they do that”. I thought the same thing! I must admit, it felt good seeing them hurdle thru the air. I was imagining I was an Olympic javelin thrower, which only added to the fun! But seriously, as mad as I got, I quickly realized how foolish I was acting and took responsibility for my actions. Maybe the meds help set me off but it was I who decided to act out. No excuse for that. So later today I will be back in the yard gathering up numerous shovels, tiki torches and planting stakes. I also noticed again that I seamed very exhausted when I finished the lawn. Not sure if it was the heat or the meds. One last note… since it appears that Hurricane Ike is not headed my way, I’ve decided that this weekend I will cut my Cymbalta dosage from 30mg to 15mg. I think it’s time. Wish me luck. Till tomorrow… take care and stay cool!

Perry

Wishing I hadn't splurged the other night because now you've reminded me that I still want some Thai at the very least! :)

Glad to hear Ike isn't after you and most important of all: good luck with the drop in dosage, mang!

Hey you started it! LOL Now here I sit after reading your post craving asian food again and I'm having a turkey sandwich for lunch today! Life can be sooooo unfair! :)

Perry

#39 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:51 PM

Day 25: Didn’t have any anger issues yesterday, thank God! I did feel very tired and had some nausea. Also had some back pain. Again, I don’t want to blame these symptoms on the Cymbalta because I really don’t know for sure what caused them. Just wanted to let others know how I’m feeling incase they are feeling the same. I didn’t sleep well last night due to my backache and several scary dreams but did wake up in a good mood and have been very energetic so far today. I have definitely decided that starting this Saturday morning I will begin taking 15 mg of Cymbalta instead of 30mg. I’m gearing up mentally for the change. I hope I feel better once I get more of this… (How can I say this nicely?)... STUFF, out of my system. See you tomorrow. Till then, I hope you have a peaceful, stress free day!

Perry

#40 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 12:57 PM

Day 26: Not too much to report today. Had a good day yesterday but another night of restless sleep. Feeling pretty tired today. Looking forward to tomorrow when I cut my dosage again! Hopefully as I get less Cymbalta in my body my sleep will improve…at least those damn brain zaps are gone! Have a great day!

Perry

#41 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 01:31 PM

Day 27: Cut my daily dosage down to 15mgs this morning. I’m getting there! Too soon to tell if I’m gunna have any additional withdrawal symptoms. I had another terrible night’s sleep… vivid dreams and tossing and turning. I’m really burnt out today. I’m gunna try to take a nap. I also have been eating like a horse the last few days. I always feel hungry. Don’t know why. Maybe I’m bored or depressed. Anyone else having this hunger issues? Well I’ll check back in tomorrow. For anyone dealing with Hurricane Ike, my thoughts and prayers go out to you. Hang in there.

Sincerely,
Perry

#42 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 04:52 PM

Perry, I take it Ike was a total miss for you? I just read the reports for what happened to Houston and quite frankly, I feel devastated. I want to move back to Texas eventually, but I had somehow forgotten about the hurricanes and the side effects of living in Tornado Alley. At least the season is almost over, right?

Good luck with the cut dosage. The closer you get to zero, the harder it becomes.

On a side note: FINALLY got some Asian yesterday! Picked up some sushi from the grocery store. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't excellent either. Still, it was enough to subdue my cravings. ...jealous? :)

Hi Divine.... mostly a miss here...lots of flooding due to tidal surge. It was such a large storm it brought lots of water to Louisiana. I live on the Northshore of Lake Pontchartrain in between the cities of Slidell and Mandeville where several neighborhoods had water in homes. Yes the season ends in October I think but it's pretty rare to get strong storms after this month.

And YES I AM Jealous... as crappy as I feel right now...sushi is one thing that I'd be glad to have! Hope you ate enuff for both of us! LOl Later...

Perry

#43 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 04:53 PM

Day 28: It’s my second day of only 15mgs of Cymbalta. By the evening of my first day I was already feeling some withdrawal symptoms… mainly slight anxiety and feeling disconnected. Again I had a terrible night with lots of disturbing dreams and I woke up several times. Surprisingly, I woke up this morning in a good mood. Although I felt tired, my overall mood was jovial. As the day progressed I could feel those old familiar withdrawal symptoms creeping back. It’s now 4:20 pm and I am experiencing brain zaps and some hot and cold flashes. I feel like I just want to lay still with my eyes closed. I feel very sleepy but am trying to stay awake hoping that will make me sleep better tonight. These feelings are not freaking me out or making me anxious because I’ve had them before and was expecting them this time. I’m sure I would be reacting differently to them if they were unfamiliar. That’s one of the reasons sharing our stories here is so important… they help to educate each other and knowledge is power! I just want to get pass this. I want to be free of this med. I know that everyday will get better and that’s what I keep telling myself. Kinda at a loss for words right now so I’ll wrap this up. Remember, just because I’m having these side effects doesn’t mean you will if you decide to wean off. You might do great. Please don’t let what’s happening to me influence your decision. Remember we are all different. I’ll be back tomorrow…

Perry

#44 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:19 PM

Day 29: 3rd day of 15mgs Well I didn’t have to wait for the brain zaps today… had them when I woke up. Feeling listless and grumpy. The wife and I decided to have our first argument today before we got out of bed….That’s always a good sign of things to come…LOL One way to describe how I feel today is the way I usually feel when I’m coming down with a bug. One minute I feel ok and the next I get a chill. Also all the hair on my body feels very sensitive. Think I’m gunna try to take it easy today. Don’t feel like talking much so I’ll say bye till tomorrow.

Perry

#45 carmen1965

carmen1965

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 06:12 PM

Hi. Mi name is Carmen and I found this great forum a few days ago. I been taking Cymbalta 60 mg. for about 1.5 year of maybe more. Two weeks ago I decided I did not wanted to take any more pills since its been almost 10 years with different antidipressans. My reumathologist gave me Cymbalta to help my depression and pains associated with my Fibrimialgya. Well I had lot of side effects in relation with my body temperature, stomach problems, my periods, but the one that got me scared was that eventhough I drink a LOT of water I wasn't going as frequently as I should to the bathroom, then there comes the new side effect accepted by de FDA, so I began my journey. I started taking one pill (60 mg.) every other day, then I found the forum and learn it wasn't so good, so :o silly me stop them cold turkey.

Its been hell, I been withouth Cymbalta for more or less 5 days, and this weekend I thought I die or my poor husband would kill me.... Reading all your postings its been a great help. Today was not so bad, and then I decided to grab my sudden energy and started turning the house up side down, well it didn't last long, is like I am a full battery charge, to the top and then it turns down completely, I started feeling dizzy and hyperventilating... so I sat my self down and regroup. When I read your journey and all the things you still go thru every day I can only send you my best and most positive wishes, as greybeard says it will get better, you will get through...

Positive thoughts Carmen from the Caribbean island of Puerto Rico, we also have dodge some hurricanes these season...

#46 carmen1965

carmen1965

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:51 PM

Hi. Today I am feeling much better. I had trouble sleeping due to terrible pain in my shoulders and legs (I do not think this has to do with the Cymbalta, but most probably is the Fibriomialgya acting up. I got an appoinment with an accopunturist (sorry spelling) on Saturday, this will help me with the pain and anxiety. Learning about my illness helps me understand my process and what is and what is not related to the withdrawal symtoms. I guess I am on my 6 or 7 day without Cymbalta and no PAIN is ever getting me back. I did not took the Prozac or anything else except the vitaminis, omega and magnesium. Today I walk 35 minutes and I have not experienced any itching, some lighheadness and a little bit of anxiety.

Things are looking better, except today I told my sister I quit the Cymbalta and she was like WHAT... how could you do that, you know you cannot........ Well she was not the one taking them. I liked what someone on one of the forums said, the drug from hell..... well I am not going back.

carmen

#47 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:59 PM

Day 30: 4th day of 15mgs.. Had another ruff night as far as sleep goes. Woke up with brain zaps again today but they might be a slight bit less than yesterday. I had brain zaps real bad yesterday until I took an evening nap. When I woke up they were gone and I felt fine the rest of the evening! Go Figure….LOL This morning I started taking Omega 3 Fish Oil capsules and Flax Seed Oil capsules. Hoping that helps with the withdrawal symptoms. Till tomorrow, take care everyone!

Perry

#48 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:55 PM

Day 31: This journey seems like it will never end but I’m not giving up! I’m determined to see it thru! I have too! 5th day on 15 mgs…feel about the same… brain zaps and feel just plain tired. Forced myself to stay wake yesterday but think I’m gunna nap today. I’ll be so glad when this feeling goes away… then I get to go thru it all again when I stop the Cymbalta all together! Deep down inside I know it will be worth it… just wish there was an easier way. Hanging in there…

Perry

#49 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:24 PM

Day 32: Another day in paradise… I wish. Still feeling the brain zaps… still no peaceful sleep. Woke up feeling energetic and now its noon and I feel like crap. Tried to take a nap yesterday afternoon and had the same old results… bad dreams and jolting out of sleep every five minutes. Could have had my 3 year old grandson come over today to spend the weekend but that would have meant I would be alone all day Friday and Saturday with him while my wife was at work. Didn’t think I was physically or mentally up for that so now I’m depressed. Just another price to pay due to Cymbalta. Guess I can’t put all the blame on the drug. I was the one that decided to try it, but had I known about the withdrawal side effects I think I would have done something else instead. I just hope my story can help others. If it does that would be one side effect I would love! Bye for now…

Perry

#50 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:51 PM

perry, your story will help others, you can be sure of that. It's probably a good call about your grandson, don't be too depressed about that tho' next time will be great! Ya' Know? Better to know your limitations right now, and even tho' it pisses you off, accept them. Instead of fighting them and getting in over your head. I can tell by your writings that you know this, but a little reassurance may come in handy. ;)

Best of health, You WILL beat this awful drug!!!

Peace,
Greybeard

Hey Greybeard... thanks for your reply. Reassurance was exactly what I needed! You know how it goes...one minute you feel like your having success and the next you feel like you'll never make it. Your kind words are always helpful and I truely appreciate them.

Thanks,
Perry

#51 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:15 PM

Day 32: 7th day taking only 15 mgs of Cymbalta. Feeling very tired today but I have a good reason. Had a very interesting day yesterday. After deciding not to have my 3 year old grandson come over to spend a few days, my wife asked if we could work around the house to get a few things done. I was hesitant at first due to the way I felt but figured I’d give it a shot. At first I had a hard time getting moving but once I did things got better. We wound up pressure washing our porch and some of the house! The interesting thing was that my brain zaps disappeared as long as I stayed busy, but returned as soon as I stayed still! So I kept moving…LOL, only problem is I think I over did it, hence the tired feelings today. I have to admit it… it felt GREAT to be busy and accomplishing something instead of laying around feeling sorry for myself! I know that rest is also important during this time of recovery so today I plan to rest. Another day closer to my destination!!! I wish the best to everyone today! See ya tomorrow!

Perry

#52 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:35 PM

Day 33: 8th day on 15mgs. Was wondering how long this brain zap feeling would last so I looked at my old posts and discovered that it took 15 to 20 days for them to end when I cut my dosage from 60 mgs to 30mgs. If that holds true this time, I have a few more days to go! Overall I guess I’m feeling slightly better. It’s hard to tell. Mentally I’m feeling better for sure. Now if I could just get past these physical symptoms, then I can go from 15mgs to no Cymbalta at all! Can’t wait for that day! In the meantime I’ll continue to hang in there! Have a great weekend!

Perry

#53 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 01:45 PM

Day 34: I hate to sound like a broken record but I still feel about the same, brain zaps, dizziness and tired! What I wouldn’t give to have one peaceful, nightmare free night of sleep. Although I know it will, I sometimes feel this will never end! I’ve been on anti-depressants for my anxiety for well over twenty years so I guess these withdrawals make sense. I know one thing for sure… after this is over I will never take antidepressants again! I will try to go the more natural route like nutrition, relaxation methods and exercise to help me become less anxious. I’m having a hell of a pity party today…LOL… anyone want to join me? See ya tomorrow…

Perry

#54 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 12:41 PM

You're going to be fine Perry, You have come a long way from 60mg so there's something right there and just think.... you won't have to go back! Nine days on 15mg is probably a little soon to expect to level out, it would be nice tho'. Are you taking anything to help with the sleep? Or is the sleep okay but just filled with nightmares? About 4 months ago a lot of forum members were all using "Sleeptime Extra" herbal tea from Celestial Seasonings and it seemed it was working very well for them. (I just reciently got some but haven't had a chance to try it yet.... probably tonight!) I don't think it helped directly with nightmares but they weren't waking up at all hours and were feeling more rested in the morning. The "extra" is Valarian Root which has been used for thousands of years as a sleep and anxiety aid..... Hippocrates use to prescribe it for these and other maladies. It does effect the GABA receptors but very mildly, it may be worth a try.

Pity parties are accepted here, but you will be feeling better soon.

Peace,
Greybeard

Greybeard it's always good to hear from you. You always have great info. I'm not using anything to help with sleep except .5mgs of xanax right before bedtime. I sleep okay but have alot of nightmares and weird dreams that cause me to wake up several times nightly. The same thing happens if I nap during the day. The tea sounds like a good idea but I really don't want to add anything that would effect my brain at this time. I'm really trying to let my body get back to whatever normal is for it. I've taken so many different meds over the years that I can't really remember what drug free feels like. You might just have to listen to my pity parties a little longer. By the way... you are doing great work on the new Cymbalta site! Thanks again and talk to ya soon,

Perry

#55 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:56 PM

Day 35: 10th day on only 15mgs of Cymbalta. I’m really, really ready for this journey to end! I know I’m one day closer today than I was yesterday… I just have to keep reminding myself of that. I think the thing that’s bothering me the most is that my mind is very active with thoughts of things I want to do, but my body doesn’t feel well enough to do them. I’ve had this creative urge lately… I want to go to my workshop and build something… anything…but physically I can’t. It’s just plain aggravating! Yesterday I took my dog out for a walk around the yard and even that was exhausting! Luckily football and my sofa were there for me… and that’s were I spent most of my day and night. Tomorrow will be a much better day… I know it will, so for now, I live for tomorrow. That’s all for now…

Perry

#56 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:46 PM

Day 36: Feeling a tad better today after a horrible day yesterday. Yesterday I was very depressed, tired and had a ton of brain zaps. I took an afternoon nap and woke up feeling pretty good but that changed sharply a few hours later. By 10pm I was severely depressed and had a crying spell. I just felt completely doomed… like I couldn’t see the light at the end of the tunnel. I know I’m making great progress… just had a bad day. I even had very strong cravings for a cigarette and I haven’t smoked in years! It was like my mind was saying, “Ok, you can give up the Cymbalta but I want something to replace it!” So I told myself that these feelings would pass and I laid on the sofa and watched tv till the tiredness took over and I went to bed. Hopefully today will continue to be better. Another day down, another day closer to my goal. No one said this would be easy…LOL. At least my sense of humor is still in tact. Take care everyone.

Perry

#57 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:49 PM

Day 37: 12th day of 15mgs of Cymbalta. Feeling much better today. Woke up with no depressing thoughts, no brain zaps and energetic as could be! Decided to take advantage of those good feelings and got my day started by walking the dog, washing some clothes and emptying the dishwasher. Glad I did… by 10am the brain zaps were back but I’m not going to let them ruin my day! I’ve gotten a lot of things accomplished so far today… now I have to make sure I just don’t over do it. I know my withdrawals are not over yet but as long as the black cloud of depression is not over my head I’m gunna make the best of it! Boy its great to feel better!!! Makes all the misery worth it! Let you know how my day turns out tomorrow… bye for now and hope your day goes well too!

Perry

#58 tamatola

tamatola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:38 PM

Hi, Tammy here. Just wondering if you've tried taking a Benedryl to help with that weird feeling we have in our head. I took just one benedryl this morning when they started and it stopped that odd feeling! Yeah! I'm just going from 60 mg to 30. Then I'll be down to 15 too. Did you notice harder withdrawal going from 60 to 30 or from 30 to 15? Just curious if there was a difference.

So glad you're doing well! It is so good to know that someone is almost to the end of a journey I just began. It inspires me to know that it can be done!

Keep up the good work, Perry!!

Tam

#59 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:15 AM

Hi Tammy... Its good to hear from you. I'm glad the Benadryl is working for you. I haven't tried it because alot of medicines have the opposite effect on me than what they should. For example, if I take Nyquil it hypes me up to the point where I can't sleep and it makes me extremely anxious. I have heard that Benadryl works great for the brain zaps and I appreciate you passing that info along. :( As far as any difference dropping from 60 mgs to 30 and 30 to 15, I would have to say it has been about the same... no major difference that I can tell. The important thing is to be patient and don't rush the process along. Step down when you feel comfortable doing so. And as usual, a good positive attitude goes a long ways. Your gunna do great! Keep up the good work and let us know how things are going. Have a great day!

Perry

#60 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:50 AM

Day 38: Even though I am still having the brain zaps today, I’m feeling pretty good. As I said yesterday, I didn’t let the zaps ruin my day. I decided to go outside and start pressure washing my house (something that really needed to be done that I have been putting off) and it worked out well. As long as I stayed active I felt no zaps, but as soon as I stopped the zaps returned instantly. I wonder what causes that phenomenon. The same thing happened last time I had the zaps when I switched from 60mgs to 30mgs. Hopefully I have turned the corner and soon I will feel ready to go from 15mgs to none. I also noticed I’m sleeping better with less bad dreams, thank God. My grandson is coming over today to spend the weekend so I’ll get to test my patience…LOL I am really looking forward to having him here. Last time he was suppose to come over I had to cancel because I felt so crappy. We’ll report in tomorrow and give you an update. If you are thinking about getting off Cymbalta, remember this, it can be done! You can get better… and you will!

Perry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users