#31 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

Not fully normal but I have heard a few people complain of this in the past. I wouldn't be afraid to say this is probably withdrawal. If this is all you have for symptoms after 20 days post that is exceptional. If this is withdrawal you should start seeing some improvements in the next 10 days or so. Good luck and please let us know how you do.

#32 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:01 PM

Carleeta, did these symptoms just start or are they left over from your previous withdrawal symptoms?

#33 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:28 PM

Carleeta, did these symptoms just start or are they left over from your previous withdrawal symptoms?

They just came on when I awoke today, although yesterday I had an emotional day and cried much and for two nights prior I was having difficulty getting to sleep even with ambien. Appears it's a combination of symptoms within a few days...I'm extremely anxious as it is with suffering from agoraphobia. ..Thank you very much for caring and being there...

#34 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

Yea, I think is probably still flashs of withdrawal. In a couple weeks yoou will feel like a new lady!!

#35 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:18 PM

Carleeta , it sounds like s/e to me .. My eyes have been affected from the withdrawals & feel just like you describe, sometimes I have to give in & take a nap just to rest them . Achy joints !.. Yep especially my hips & legs .. I'm battling myself today & have to keep reminding myself that it's all part & parcel of our journey .. Thanks for nothing CYMBALTA ..:-(

#36 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:21 PM

Carleeta , it sounds like s/e to me .. My eyes have been affected from the withdrawals & feel just like you describe, sometimes I have to give in & take a nap just to rest them . Achy joints !.. Yep especially my hips & legs .. I'm battling myself today & have to keep reminding myself that it's all part & parcel of our journey .. Thanks for nothing CYMBALTA ..:-(

#37 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:44 AM

wagtail..Thank you for sharing this with me. I couldn't make heads or tails from it. Now it makes sense to me..What a horrible side effect this is...Now I can put a name on it. I'm sorry you have these horrible feelings also..They certainly were not the way we were told they were supposed to be.. glad for you and others on here so we can help each other a long. .God Bless you my dear friend...

#38 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:30 AM

Hi Carleeta....similar issues for me as well... Have wondered if it's the flu, or maybe allergies.... But I'm sure now it's s/e....one thing that seems to help me with the eye problems is putting those refreezeable ice packs on them... Sort of a seld-induced brain freeze.. But, since we're all different, perhaps warm packs wld feel better ?

..what helps me with the general body aches and pains is to take a long hot bath with Epsom salts.....I also build a sort of "pillow fort" around my body when I'm in bed...I bought several king size bed pillows and prop them against my back, hold one against my chest, and place a smaller one between my knees when I sleep on my side....it helps me feel "safe" in addition to supporting all the achy joints..... good thing I'm single....a husband wld never fit in the same bed.....my cats, however, are convinced all the pillows are for them :-)

I'm in my 7th week of this process....I'm noticing that the huge, horrid symptoms have faded...now what I'm getting are much "trickier" and "refined" problems.....like you've described.....that's another reason why this community is so helpful....I need to check myself with others....and I certainly don't intend to tell any of this to my current doctor....because he "knows" none of this ever happens...

On my really cranky days, I have fantasies about slipping cymbalta into my witch doc's coffee for a few weeks in a row, and then abruptly stopping..... :-@

#39 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:28 AM

Hey my forum friends! I'm Cymbalta free since Nov. Most aches and pains are over, but the lingering confusion, negative thinking, and on I could go, are just about to drive me nuts!!!!!!!!!!! Arrrggg! I am choosing to do my best to stay positive, pray a lot and stay busy doing something, anything to stay sane! You are all in my prayers!!!!!   Hugs!!!! clara

#40 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

Hi Carleeta....similar issues for me as well... Have wondered if it's the flu, or maybe allergies.... But I'm sure now it's s/e....one thing that seems to help me with the eye problems is putting those refreezeable ice packs on them... Sort of a seld-induced brain freeze.. But, since we're all different, perhaps warm packs wld feel better ?
..what helps me with the general body aches and pains is to take a long hot bath with Epsom salts.....I also build a sort of "pillow fort" around my body when I'm in bed...I bought several king size bed pillows and prop them against my back, hold one against my chest, and place a smaller one between my knees when I sleep on my side....it helps me feel "safe" in addition to supporting all the achy joints..... good thing I'm single....a husband wld never fit in the same bed.....my cats, however, are convinced all the pillows are for them :-)
I'm in my 7th week of this process....I'm noticing that the huge, horrid symptoms have faded...now what I'm getting are much "trickier" and "refined" problems.....like you've described.....that's another reason why this community is so helpful....I need to check myself with others....and I certainly don't intend to tell any of this to my current doctor....because he "knows" none of this ever happens...
On my really cranky days, I have fantasies about slipping cymbalta into my witch doc's coffee for a few weeks in a row, and then abruptly stopping..... :-@

Five Notions. You actually made me laugh through my darkest part of today especially the last sentence. I too have a cat which feels my bed is her bed..Aren't these cats something? The pillow idea sounds great and one I definitely try. Ditto on the hot bath; just finished taking one and it feels great as always. With temp going below zero here I'm usually hesitant in the am to get out of my warm bed and go to take the warm bath although once I get to that bathroom I have this formation I follow: turn the heat up in there, close the door, go back in my room get my clothes ready and by then when I go back in the bathroom it's toast warm and I'm ready for the bath...Then I don't want to get out..lol lol..Epson salt I will give that a try great ideas you gave me thank you..Yes doctors don't realize what we really are experiencing; most of them anyway..We need to rely on each other here, for we have much to share, compare, and offer..you keep posting here as well as I will..Thank you. Best wishes to you.

#41 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

Hey my forum friends! I'm Cymbalta free since Nov. Most aches and pains are over, but the lingering confusion, negative thinking, and on I could go, are just about to drive me nuts!!!!!!!!!!! Arrrggg! I am choosing to do my best to stay positive, pray a lot and stay busy doing something, anything to stay sane! You are all in my prayers!!!!!   Hugs!!!! clara

Hello Clara. .Yes stay positive it helps more than we realize but it shows itself down the road; it gets us through. Happy to hear most of those aches and pains are gone..They are something else! The confusion is frustrating. .especially when it comes and goes. The negative thinking is the worse I feel..Found a technique that helps me some..I'll share: I create a funny cartoon character in my mind and call it my negative thinking. I tell the character Hello..come on bring all my negative thing on...and sit and wait for all the negative thoughts to come..tell my character. .That's all you got? Give me more? And demand the character to bring them all on in 21 seconds..I count for from 21 to 1 backwards..Doing this twice....Then after 42 seconds all the negatives come, or eventually won't come. I then say ok bye..come visit any time...and it just so happens they stop coming around so frequently and that is that! Maybe it can work for you and I hope it does..Try it if you wish..I do it daily...What ever else I come up with I'll be more than happy to share..Have a nice day my friend...

#42 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:59 PM

Clara, you have really had some challenges. My short-term memory problems, confusion, inability to make a decision,all started to fade away about the end of month 2 post cymbalta. As far as the negative thinking?....well what can I say, I was born with that. lol.  You know that old saying....Things always look the darkest before they get totally black!!!  lol

Hang in there, it shouldn't be much longer.

#43 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

Today was a very high anxiety day. My gp appt was today. Already anxious for this visit, I received a call from the person driving me wasn't going to make it. There I was in a state of panic, confusion, feeling depressed at in one. Family members I talked to told me to call a cab. Ok sure that's a very logical answer. Although to me living with panic attacks and agoraphobia (prior to ssri ' s and cymbalta) this was a no no! Couldn't bring myself to leave home without a 'safe person'. My wonderful son was able to get out of work early to get me to my appt on time. Having said that, I realize who the ones in my family are supportive and who is not. While in the waiting I realized how many of us here Do Not have anyone supporting us in a way we need to be understood. Like I said I am lucky for the wonderful son I have. I'm hoping many of you on this forum have at least one person you can depend on. To those member who Do Not have anyone; please know there are many wonderful members on this forum that will be here for you. I am lucky to have found all of you. God Bless you all.

#44 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:52 AM

Today I woke up with a headache. Dr.appt later this afternoon. Finally getting to Psychologist and talking about my fears and depression. Will talk about everything in my head and what my physical symptoms are...I'll keep you all posted..

#45 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:19 PM

Just another post..psychologist appt at 5:15 today about half an hour ago I started to get very shaky and anxious..Did take 5 mg of valium. Thinking to myself what am I shaky and anxious about? Is it leaving the comfort of my safe surroundings? Is it fear of meeting with a psychologist? Is it I don't want to go out in the cold? Is it my upcoming medical exams? Is it the results of the medical exams? Is it my upcoming trip? Is it the airplane? Is it the pain in my hands which I know will come with all the physical movement involved in preparing for the trip? Well guess it's all the above..and its anticipatory thinking...Time to do a little anxiety lessons and a bit of relaxation techniques. ..

#46 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    I c/t'd from 60mg in 2009. Went back on and started tapering. Spent the next 4 years trying to get off. It was very difficult. Finally stopped at 17 beads on Dec.4, 2013.

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:52 PM

Carleeta, just want to say thank you for your support on my post.. I realize you are going through your own struggles and I just want to say you hang in there too. I hope your doc appt is very productive. Let's get through another day the best we can.

#47 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:51 AM

Saturday went to Psychologist. .Let me tell you. .I looked out the door and seen a winter storm...no way I said to myself. ..Told my son the weather was bad...He said, ok..You don't want to go? He then said he had to go out anyway..I said to myself. Self just go..

off I went...The experience was so relaxing. I enjoyed the psychologist. I asked my son how he felt about the psychologist visit and he stated he felt comfortable and liked him also..The hour visit went well and he briefly touch on a few subjects which brought tears to my eyes and at the same time I felt a sense of relief and calmness.

made another visit to see him in a few weeks...Going to deal with any issues I had before Cymbalta. This is where I always believed I should havr been before I went to see a psychiatrist. I'm going through with the psychologist from this point on..Hopefully he is the right one..

#48 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:05 PM

Slept a bit better last night as compared to the last week..Sleep has been my biggest problem this past week and a half. .Anxiety seems to be stable at a higher than average rate. .Working hard on anxiety issue because for me it's been my issue prior to cymbalta. .

Just can't wrap my head around the difficulty in sleeping even with my nightly ambien..

#49 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:26 PM

Carleeta, first.... Congrats on hooking up with the psychologist! I've never had talk therapy with a shrink ...always with a licensed clinical social worker, and then consult the shrink for the meds .... Frankly, I've never met a shrink that I'd want to talk to ....

And, a note about ambien .. Please be careful with it ...... I tried it for about a year .... It helped me at first, but then pooped out and started instead to increase the insomnia and my anxiety ... Also, I found I was getting up in the middle of the night and doing strange things .... Won't go into details, but it turned into a crazy med for me ....

My type of insomnia is that I have great difficulty falling asleep...once asleep I'm dead to the world ....

What works best for me is rozarem .... Designed for the can't get to sleep part ....

But, my new witch doc won't prescribe it for some reason and insisted I use lunesta... Well, that stuff gave me nightmares and only used it once ... I'm doing some research on sleep meds, and what I've learned so far is that ambien isn't recommended for the elderly ( old farts like me) and causes a lot of strange behavior problems ...like amnesia ... Driving for miles and then not knowing where you are or why you went there .... Lunesta, at the higher 3 mg dose likewise isn't recommended for old farts .... The starting dose is just 1 mg .... Apparently my doc doesn't know this ....

So, maybe you need to get off the ambien, and get on something else? I bet your new psychologist wld have some thoughts!

Slept a bit better last night as compared to the last week..Sleep has been my biggest problem this past week and a half. .Anxiety seems to be stable at a higher than average rate. .Working hard on anxiety issue because for me it's been my issue prior to cymbalta. .
Just can't wrap my head around the difficulty in sleeping even with my nightly ambien..

#50 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:45 PM

Ambien reacts with the same neurotransmitters as benzos like xanax and lorazepam. In combo theycan cause increased dependance and compromise the results of both.

#51 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:17 PM

Ambien reacts with the same neurotransmitters as benzos like xanax and lorazepam. In combo theycan cause increased dependance and compromise the results of both.

Thank you Fishinghat for the explanation...It's very helpful...It's only ambien I take..occasionally when my anxiety is high I take 5 mg valium..which totals about once a week I take a 5 mg valium...never at the same time as ambien...usually if valium is taken its in the am...Unable to take xanax..it's makes me climb walls....You are so informative. .I love it...Thank you..

#52 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:51 PM

FiveNotions. .Somehow my reply back to you ended up on your quote to me..lol lol. I am also a licensed Mental Health Advisor.Mastors in Psychology . Which brings me to a psychologist because they have the next degree higher than me..lol lol..Shrinks (psychiatrists) I personally feel they are no help because they prescribe meds to mask the problem. Although, psychiatrists are great for individuals who definitely needs prescriptions for different types of mental disorders which definitely require attention...

God Bless you..

#53 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:06 AM

Man, with all of us here combined, we've got a massive amount of professional education and practice, in various subject areas, plus our personal experience, to bring to bear on these issues and this drug ... Not to mention all the other drugs we end up discussing in connection with us.... I'm genuinely impressed .... We Be Awesome!

#54 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:15 AM

Five Notions, I just noticed something unusual about your avatar. That eye looks just like my ex's eye. lol

#55 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:51 AM

Five Notions, I just noticed something unusual about your avatar. That eye looks just like my ex's eye. lol

Yikes! If it induces panic, depression or other such stuff, I'd be happy to change it! ..... Please tell me that the ex didn't have had fur on her face? Just blue eyes, right?

#56 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:10 AM

Oh my gosh Mike, My heart breaks for you! It's ok if your post rambles.... been there myself! Put it out here any way! It helps to get it out! As for pain... coming off Cymbalta, I had major spinal pain for about 3 weeks. Had no idea why, but it was there. It did go away! Thank God! I can imagine how tough it is for your family. I know therapy is expensive, but you would greatly benefit from some good counsel. If not a lisenced counselor, pastoral counsel. Pastors are not always educated in psychiatry etc. but they can offer you loving support and Godly counsel. It's worth a try, It seems like you feel that you are running on empty, out of options, no where to go, but there is help and there is hope!!! I'm praying for you my friend! You probably feel very alone, but please know YOU ARE NOT ALONE! We're here for you and praying for you!   It will get better! Hugs to you!!!!  clara :)

#57 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

Yikes! If it induces panic, depression or other such stuff, I'd be happy to change it! ..... Please tell me that the ex didn't have had fur on her face? Just blue eyes, right?

Oh my ex believed in fur alright. Mink, fox, beaver, etc. lol  But mostly it was the cold predatory eyes that reminded me of her. lol

#58 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

In spite off a wonderful vacation...and the warmer weather was easier on my hands.

My lightheadedness was definitely there and my anxiety was rising more towards the end of the trip right to the present moment...Feel very shaky tonight and headache is definitely pounding..

Stress level is on the rise again...

#59 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:12 AM

Carleeta, if you haven't seen it already, check the post about "self accupressure" that I added to the "day 25 sense of panic" discussion ...I think it was yesterday.... I learned something from a friend that put a stop to the panic attack in about 5 minutes.... She told me about a key pressure point for releasing anxiety, like a button that I can put pressure on myself...wow, what a sense of relief...

Maybe it would help you to put a stop to that rising stress level....

Also, how you're feeling now is totally understandable....even though it was a vacation, and full of good things, it was still a whole heck of a lot of "input" for your still healing system.... sort of a "good things" hangover.... Just slow down, and take some time to rest and "recover" from your vacation.... :-)

#60 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:27 AM

Oh Carleeta, bless your heart! Try to stay positive! I say to myself also!!!! It sure ain't easy! But very necessary! Hugs and prayers for you my friend!!!  clara :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users