#61 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:42 AM

10:34 It's one of those blaa feeling days and head feels like I'm under water, no headache yet so far today. Have slight body aches all over although not painful at all..Don't feel like doing anything at all. The brightness from the sun shinning on the snow is very bothersome to my eyes..Feel like I'm just floating...extremely tired although I can't fall back to sleep..Where did this all come from..Not feeling happy at all and beginning to feel shakey..Will force myself to get out of bed and at least wash my face and brush my teeth..This seems like such a process...

#62 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:48 AM

Sorry you are out of sorts Carleeta. It just one of those days to take it easy and try and pamper yourself a little. It will pass.

#63 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:43 AM

Sorry you are out of sorts Carleeta. It just one of those days to take it easy and try and pamper yourself a little. It will pass.

Fishinhat, Thank you.. I will try hard to relax... will start to now...

#64 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

Uh, Carleeta, didn't you just come back from a trip...wonderful, fun, and yet....tiring? Of course you don't feel quite "up to snuff"! Perspective, it's all about perspective....never look at a single day or a single symptom in isolation.... Place it in context...of yesterday, the week, the month, the year...hell....a whole lifetime.... You're just a bit "jet-lagged" from all the good stuff this past week or so.... Go easy on yourself! Heck, reread some of your awesome posts on the "positive events" discussion you started!

#65 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:08 PM

Uh, Carleeta, didn't you just come back from a trip...wonderful, fun, and yet....tiring? Of course you don't feel quite "up to snuff"! Perspective, it's all about perspective....never look at a single day or a single symptom in isolation.... Place it in context...of yesterday, the week, the month, the year...hell....a whole lifetime.... You're just a bit "jet-lagged" from all the good stuff this past week or so.... Go easy on yourself! Heck, reread some of your awesome posts on the "positive events" discussion you started!

yup, that is exactly where I'm going now..Thank you FiveNotions!

#66 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:29 PM

Yep, you got it Five!!! Gotta remember the good days, moments! Had a good morning myself! Actually went out and about w/out sweet hubs! Put flowers on moms grave, did some b/day shopping for hubs, daughter, and g'daughter. Came home watched Dr. Phil whilst doing some ironing.... going south from here!!! YUK!!!!!!!!!!!! I have gotta get a handle on some things!!!!! Just in need of prayers! Hugs and prayers for all!!!!!!!!!!   clara :( :wacko: :)

#67 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:34 PM

Sounds like you did a little too much and are paying the price. Don't worry it will ease up. Get a good rest tonight and take it a little easier tomorrow. Hang in there!! You will be OK.

#68 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

Had to take 5 mg of valium later today. .Headache came on again..took ibuprofen. .Now took my ambien to try and get sleep...Physically didn't feel well and it ended up affecting me emotionally..

Tomorrow we will see how I am...

#69 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

My anxiety is still so very high due to the on and off of antidepressents through the years and my final 2 day on cymbalta and then off is it...I've suffered a multiple withdrawl this time around...I've been off all antidepressents since January 7th..Today being February 26 has been 7 weeks almost 8...I am still very anxious at times and sensitive to noise and light...I'm going forward not matter what for the days these symptoms are totally gone..I'm will prevail..Getting more help through my psychologist after only two visits than I've received from the new psychiatrist I had for the last few years...Dealing head on with my anxiety and agoraphobia!

#70 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:43 AM

Today being approximately 9 weeks since cymbalta and all other antidepressants out of my system..I feel the anxiety less than I have...I still have anxiety but it is less..I still have lightheadedness and feel waves of light dizziness from time to time...I anticipate anxiety less often although still anticipate it...Finding it easier to watch a movie and concentrate on it more as my life issues are getting less and less...Life issues are still here...Depression seems to have lightened up much and things aren't as bad as they were a few months ago...I still have a ways to go, although I'm doing all I can physically and emotionally to get through this rough road I have been on...

#71 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:52 PM

Carleeta, It sounds like you have turned the corner.Things should continue to slowly improve. Hang in there.

#72 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:09 PM

Hello Carleeta, it's good to hear that things are getting lighter for you.

Do you think Carleeta that the anxiety and depression is in a way related to menopause?

I joined another forum about menopausal women, and I read so often that those symptoms have a way of peaking up during that time. It all started there for me. Seems so common after what I read. A rough road it is indeed.

#73 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:30 PM

Gail...Oh yes by all means these symptoms are so very similar to menopause. .I've been done with menopause for many years..lol lol...Especially the night sweats and day sweats...I do believe m I St of my larger symptoms are from stress and GAD ...general anxiety disorder...accompanied with panic attacks and agoraphobia. ..I believe the depression set in after the passing of both my parents...and taking care of their estate..I see a psychologist now and will receive the correct treatment for my dodorders..

Gail...please stick to the sight for menopause. .It will help...When I went through it...Most of my friends were also....we supported each other....

Thank you ..You are a wonderful person.....:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users