#1741 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:42 AM

Oh Carleeta, I can relate to this fear. On and on and on goes the mind.

I was wondering here, what does the ER do for panic attacks, besides giving you benzos to calm down?

Gail, the ER is just a safe place I feel when I can't breathe. I know consciously they would give me oxygen if I need it.  It's the thought of knowing they will help me reduce the anxiety.  I have valium if needed. Although, when I hit a certain level like 8 and up the valium does not work. Haven't had to go to the ER in 30 years.  It's just knowing there is a safe place close (a hospital wen I travel) by which really reduces my anxiety and in most cases so far. I didn't need to go.  

#1742 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In The Stratosphere
  • why_joining:
    Additional support outside my atmosphere.

Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:14 AM

My positive for today: I am back at work after a bad withdrawal day.

#1743 emoothart

emoothart

Advanced Member

• Site Supporter
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:50 AM

Positive for (yesterday): a really great counseling session with my husband and therapist.  So grateful for both of them.

Today I'm taking my kids to the beach because they deserve a mom who can facilitate their fun (even if I'm not feeling it.)  Wish me luck!

#1744 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:00 AM

You are positively awesome for doing that, Emoo !!!  :hug:

And how wonderful you had that counseling session ! A wonderful husband and a wonderful therapist ... you've got the support you need for a successful "journey" to health and stability !

#1745 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 22 June 2016 - 02:22 PM

Carleeta,

Two other positive suggestions occurred to me ... music (for me, it's Mozart) on your iPhone or iPad (headphones) ... and, depending on where you are and for how long, locate the nearest Church ... ducking in for Mass / liturgy, or a bit of prayer, peace, and silence during a lunch break, after / before the daily activities, might be just the thing ...  :)

#1746 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:04 PM

My positive for today: I am back at work after a bad withdrawal day.

yipeee, this is great news and great progress....

#1747 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:07 PM

Positive for (yesterday): a really great counseling session with my husband and therapist.  So grateful for both of them.

Today I'm taking my kids to the beach because they deserve a mom who can facilitate their fun (even if I'm not feeling it.)  Wish me luck!

Very proud of you.  Therapy is wonderful for the mind. It raises emotion and releases tension.  Great positive attitude with your children.  You had to have a positive day just watching the smiles on their happy "beach day" faces

#1748 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:20 PM

Carleeta,

Two other positive suggestions occurred to me ... music (for me, it's Mozart) on your iPhone or iPad (headphones) ... and, depending on where you are and for how long, locate the nearest Church ... ducking in for Mass / liturgy, or a bit of prayer, peace, and silence during a lunch break, after / before the daily activities, might be just the thing ...  :)

Yes.....church....yes it crossed my mind and the funniest thing is the church I attended in Frisco is St. Francis of Assisi......psychic....lol lol lol....For some reason music doesn't calm me in the way it calms you.  I have to listen to dance music and my mind and body shifts into gear...lol lol lol.  I love to dance to this day and even though it physically challenging these days....my body still moves....So if I dance around the hotel room that might work....lol lol lol.  It's ok because Eileen and I have separate rooms....lol lol lol.   I pray daily and find calmness.  That is definitely on my list....  Thank you FN

#1749 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:09 PM

My positives were very positive. Since I don't have to commit to any work hours but possibly 10 to 20 every two weeks (yipeeee, and this does not include the business trip.) due to not much in the lab during summer.  I certainly can use this summer to do all outdoor activities, chores, and etc. I still have the Home Health Care work, although I can choose my time for that..  Did get up early about 8 am.  Sat outside, enjoyed the silence yet the business of the city. Brought all my papers to be shredded, then off to Walmart to return some items, to my storage unit, hot to the farms to get fresh produce and Italian long hot peppers (mine are just beginning to grow), and finally to the supermarket to pick up fresh mozarella and bow tie pasta.  Why in the world would I cook?....lol lol lol lol . Because I don't know how not to...lol lol.  Came home and started washing the fresh produce along with my fresh picked basil.  Ok...all done with that...  Then I'm slicing the fresh mozzarella and cutting the grape tomatoes in half.  Door Bell...rig, ring ring. Yes, it's my future great niece, who I expected anyway.  She or my niece usually stop to help with the things I cannot do (bending for kettles, carrying the cat liter, and whatever else they feel I cannot do...lol lol lol.  I love the way they care, I truly do.  Anyway, she came at the right time to get out the big kettle so I could boil the pasta.  She asked what else I had under the paper towels...lol lol lol.  Well it's all over now because she notices the long hots.  I laughed and told her I'd fry them once the pasta salad was made...lol lol lol.  She helped me drain the pasta (kettle is way to heavy for me with my arthritis).  The pasta salad was all tossed up in right into the frig.  The long hots were all dried and ready to fry.  She stated she'd have a few tomorrow when I fry more.  Did she get shocked....  I told her they were all getting fried up today and only a few stay raw because I like them fresh at times and not fried...She had such a sad face it made me laugh and laugh and laugh....  Anyway, She settled for having them tomorrow on some fresh hard crust Italian bread....lol lol  lol.  Guess not because today I bought fresh Tuscan bread (am I spoiling a non Italian?  Guess I am...lol lol) and she hasn't tried that one yet...lol lol lol.  After everything was done and I was still frying she needed to get home to my nephew and their dog. On my way I went and finished frying the long hots.  Everything was put away except for the fried peppers.  Ok, now what should I do.  Well the floors are clean (yes I cleaned the area after I fried) so I decided i wasn't just going to wash the stove top off. Nope I decided to take off all the burners and drip pans and started to soak them.  Now keep in mind I just did them last week so they were not bad...  I decided to make the stove shine as though it was brand new.  Once I get started it's hard for me to stop.  I just kept going and going which I felt was great therapy for me at this time do to my anxiety levels lately.  i didn't have time to think what so ever...  This was a positive thing.  All this positive activity today for a positive outlook to jump on here, post my positive and use my negative energy into something positive.  Well that enough for today because I do think (see here goes an "I think" instead of "I know") I'm tired enough to not have any negative thoughts before I go to bed.   

#1750 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:49 AM

Whoo! Carleeta!!

Your positive's absolutely wear me out. :P  So, happy for you.

Positive for today, not sure yet.

#1751 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:59 AM

I agree, Raven!

Positive for me is I marinated a pork roast overnite and it is now in the crock pot for Carolina BBQ :D

#1752 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:03 AM

I have two positives in my life. My God and my wife. And that is enough. Satisfied. Anything more than that is gravy.

#1753 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:18 AM

Oh, Carleeta, your "positive post" required a second cuppa' ... and a second wind ... to get through ! Now I positively need a nap !

TFL, what time's dinner ... that BBQ has my mouth watering !

FH, your comment got me all teary-eyed ...

You guys / gals are my positive(s) for the day, I'm so happy to be back here !   :)  :hug:

#1754 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:20 AM

Sorry, I'm out of "likes", but FH and FN - a great big LIKE to both of you!

Positively love you all :hug: !

#1755 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:23 AM

Positive for me is I marinated a pork roast overnite and it is now in the crock pot for Carolina BBQ :D

Yummy! What time is dinner?

I have two positives in my life. My God and my wife. And that is enough. Satisfied. Anything more than that is gravy.

Thanks FH - My God is my positive for today as well as my husband and children. As hard as it is I need to keep this is mind and God is speaking to me everywhere. He has even started doing it here through my friends here. So, I think I need to get my butt back in church.

#1756 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:25 AM

OK, you guys.....dinner at 7 :lol:

#1757 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:33 AM

Yum ... count me in, TFL ! (Carleeta, bring some of that pasta salad and those long hots!)

I volunteer for clean-up / dish-duty as I'm incompetent in the cooking department !   ;)

Raven and Emoo, how goes it today?

#1758 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:09 AM

Mentally not good today FN :(

#1759 emoothart

emoothart

Advanced Member

• Site Supporter
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:36 PM

The beach trip yesterday went WELL.  I was tired but I held it together and the kids had SO MUCH FUN.  I also discovered that it is significantly easier to take four kids to the beach when three of them aren't preschoolers or toddlers. :)  We may do this more than every other year now. ;)

Today: I am grateful to be having some much needed rest time with the toddler in preschool and the older boys playing Pokemon with each other (hence, my opportunity to post here!)  Also, this morning I was able to empathize with my oldest (11 years old) who was having an anxiety meltdown, and talked and hugged him through it successfully.

Onward!

#1760 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:47 PM

Today: I am grateful to be having some much needed rest time with the toddler in preschool and the older boys playing Pokemon with each other (hence, my opportunity to post here!)  Also, this morning I was able to empathize with my oldest (11 years old) who was having an anxiety meltdown, and talked and hugged him through it successfully.

Onward!

Thank you so much Emily! I am sorry that your son had his meltdown but glad you talked and hugged him through it. But this has reminded me what my real positive is right now.

Last night I had a mini moment and was deemed "Cymbalta Girl" again. God I had that term. But the whole while each time I got agitated I tried to tone it down and when it was over my 6 year old daughter asked "Are you okay Mommy?" - I said, "I'm fine baby, well not really but I will be okay." She quietly comes to me and gently hugs and and kisses me and walks off saying "Okay mommy." Everytime we argue she does this for me. She is my angel in waiting.

#1761 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:50 PM

Wow

I am touched so much by that. Give her a big hug for me. So sweet.

#1762 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:25 PM

I know right. She has more purity in her entire body  than I could ever with of having.

#1763 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 23 June 2016 - 03:26 PM

Aw, Raven, what a blessing ... I seem to have already used up my "daily quota" of "likes" ... but consider that post loved !!!

#1764 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:05 PM

The beach trip yesterday went WELL.  I was tired but I held it together and the kids had SO MUCH FUN.  I also discovered that it is significantly easier to take four kids to the beach when three of them aren't preschoolers or toddlers. :)  We may do this more than every other year now. ;)

Onward!

Your son is very lucky to have you.  Poor little guy I feel for him.  You did well mom

#1765 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:09 PM

Opps. I'm positively late for dinner Liz, and for FN to do the dishes.... I was definitely in.  Infact, I'm hoping my jet now and will be fashionably late.

Great day today.  It was positive.  I'm positively sticking for my anxiety exercises faithfully. I'm down to a level 4 and this means I'm on my way to lowering it even more. I'm happy to have come this far in about a week.  I still take it day by day and minute by minuet.    

#1766 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:58 PM

Sorry you couldn't make it at 7, but I have lots of leftovers, so c'mon down!!

(It was yummy !!)

#1767 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:48 PM

I was already to come.  Had the pasta salad in my hand and a bottle of red wine, although jet was delayed on the runway. Leftovers,I'm all in for tomorrow night.

#1768 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:55 PM

After reading though the forums this evening, I came across an extremely disturbing one from one of our dear member ,Fishinghat!.  What is positive about the negative experience he's dealing with, is the positive FACT he found something positive in his life; his God and his Wife.  That in itself put a smile on my face and a special prayer sent out to him.

#1769 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 24 June 2016 - 10:05 PM

Great day today.  About a level 3 with my anxiety. This is a positive time in my live as the moment.  I did go out with my friends tonight to "happy hour". It's been eons since I've attended an "happy hour".  None of us had any alcohol because we weren't there to drink.  A friend of ours opened this place a year ago and has been asking us to please stop by.  Well a bunch of us did and it was amazing.  The music was great, the Hors d'euvres were phenomenal.  Great food, great music, great atmosphere, and wonderful friends....yipeeeeee 

#1770 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 June 2016 - 07:26 PM

it's 8:00pm and I love this thread.  It's my way of venting my positives, and reminding myself how I often I find the beautiful things in life which are the simple things.

Today I went swimming in my son's pool.  I called or should I say 'text' and asked if I could use his pool....lol lol lol.  He states,'sure' and he wouldn't be home although I have the the code to get in.  Then he texts me back and tells me he is making 'chicken riggies' (guess, I taught him well) and others will be coming.  Of course, I changed my mind and stated I'd go another day.  He then states, ' no I'm cooking for everyone".  Here I thought I could use his pool instead of mine because I wanted to get out of my house.  It turned into a wonderful time and I didn't cook.  I couldn't eat the chicken riggies either because I'm on my 6 small meals.....lol lol lol.  It was positive, I saw my grandson, son, daughter in law, and her family.   Great positive.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users