#1801 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 11 July 2016 - 10:10 AM

my positve is my son completed the race and of last night (by using his own watch) he believes he was close to 85 minutes or so according to his watch, igive or take.  He could receive his official time online after 8pm last night.  Haven't talked to him yet today so I'll know more later this evening.  We had and exceptionally cool day with a threat or two of showers....nothing to stop this race.  Usually when the race goes off it's in the high 60's about 8am, within an hour into the race it hits the 80's to 90's, therefore for any runners other than the Elite Runners this becomes a challenge. Teshome Asfaha (from Ethiopia) won this race and his finishing time was 43:58. Cynthia Limo of Kenya was the first female to win and her time was 48:50.  Great race overall.  My son, positively was ready for the Party given to him and his cousins, along with friends at 4:pm....lol lol lol lol.  I didn't actually see my son coming up the the hill to the top of the 1/2mile where I stand (after all these years I thought it was one mile...lol lol lol.....you can tell I never ran this race....lol ol lol) and before I knew it he was running up behind where I stand and he was handing me something. It was his gold cross.  All he said was "Here mom, take this".  He had to take it off because it was bouncing up and down.  It was ok when he had his full shirt on, then he took that off and had his running shirt on underneath.  He handed that off to one of my cousins about the 1/4 mile...so cute.  My daughter in law was at the finish line (with other family members) and my grandson stayed at my Aunt's house.  My daughter in law didn't care for the finish line because she was packed in with a few thousand people..(she doesn't care for crowds..lol lol lol).  After my son passed me and I stayed a bit longer to watch other family members and friends pass by I jumped in my car and went straight to the local bakery and picked up 2 dozen fresh baked assorted donuts.  Of course I had no fear what so ever driving in this area because no one was on the road....lol  lol lol.  Everyone is the city was either running, volunteering, or a spectator...lol lol lol....Went back to my Aunt's where coffee was made and juice was waiting, House filled with people....I love that part.  Helping her and others get things ready for the home party.  Cooked a bit, then rested and waited for the party to start.  Darn rain came once the race was over and the temp stayed in the high 60's.  The party is always held out in the back and this year we didn't know what to do.  Everyone prevailed and was either indoors or out in the rain...lol lol lol.  Kids and adults were even swimming in the pool.  I sat outside myself under the gazebo with a nice glass of wine and my rain jacket,,,lol lol lol.  Overall it was a positive event, adrenaline was super high all around me and we ended getting home at midnight.  Needless to say my son and daughter in law still went to work today.  That's how I know my son was in pretty good shape for this years race and he's definitely willing to do it again next year.  I have my heart set on doing the 3 mile walk (God Willing) and my daughter in law is set on being a spectator.  Either way next year we are leaving on a Friday as the 3 mile is on a Saturday in the am.  I'm just going to take a few extra minutes a day and walk a bit farther at work or in my area.  One day at a time.......yipeeeee     

#1802 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:24 PM

today was a positive me day.  Off to buy some makeup and perfumes, clothes, and etc. with my niece.  We had a fun day and we love the same exact fragrances and clothes.  Went to a sporting goods stove and she bought some golfing shorts and I bought my soon to be grandson a pair of New Balance sneakers...lol lol lol...They are the cutest little sneakers I have seen in a long time and very good quality.  Funny story, my son was on the phone with my niece while we're in the store so I asked him what size sneakers/shoes my grandson wears....He tells me a size 6...so ok I buy him a size 7.....Now two hours later he calls me my upset and wants to know if I'm with her.....she states 'yes'. I get on the phone and he tells me he has been calling my cell phone and didn't get an answer because my grandson wears a size 8 and t'hey are a bit big on him.....so now he's upset because he knows I've left that store...  I tell him we didn't venture too far away and we would be able to return them before we head home....lol lol lol lol.  I laughed so hard due to the fact  he was getting a bit nervous about the mistake he made and he was afraid I wouldn't have a chance to get to this particular store soon....lol lol lol...I returned them within 30 minutes...You know I positively love living here in NYS because we tend to move fast and get things done faster.  When I go South, especially in Destin, Florida I tend to get a bit frustrated on how they are so slow.  I'm in the checkout line in NY and I'm shoving things in my wallet and in  Destin, FL I'm frustrated in the check out lines because everyone is at a very slow slow slow pace....lol lol lol.  I get only a few things done there and here I can get to 6 store done in 5 hours....absolutely positively moving forward.......yipeeeee

#1803 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 11 July 2016 - 08:31 PM

Guess I've lived below the Mason-Dixon Line for too long - over 20 yrs.(including NC).  I'm probably as slow as everyone else!

If I were out shopping for 5 hours, I would collapse!  Do most shopping on line... :lol:

#1804 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 July 2016 - 09:03 AM

TNF, I'm sure if you were not alone you could shop for 5 hours and have a pretty good time.  I didn't mean you in particular, I meant the way we live up here is such a fast pace, and NYC is even faster than where I live...lol lol lol.   So your positive today is you like to enjoy taking your time....lol lol lol.  

#1805 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 July 2016 - 09:32 AM

I'm positively getting out of my house and going to my son's pool today to get some exercise in.  It's very enjoyable there and no one can find me.....lol lol lol.  My future niece in law and myself are heading out that way around noon. If I stay here and swim, then I positively will find something to do inside....lol lol lol.  If I go there I have no choice but to not hear my home phone and won't think of going inside to start cooking something......ha ha ha ha ha Knowing myself all to well......it's workout time and I need to get these last few pounds off by my high school reunion...My goal is to weight the same as I did in high school.....ya right.  I'll take the 5 lbs more not the ten.....lol lol lol...Positively I really don't care if I weight the same as I did in high school or not....It's all about feeling healthy and less pain with anxiety......So off I go to do some water exercises......Positively positive.....

#1806 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 July 2016 - 09:28 PM

It's that time of night where I'm ready to get my sleep.  Great positive day.......3 hours of in and out of my son's unheated pool (heater was not on) ha ha ha ha ha .  Water exercises were good.  Anxiety level about a 3.....it's been holding there.  Trip/vacation not too far off. It's all positive and it's more positive because I am blessed by the man up above.......

#1807 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:41 AM

Been fighting this cold for 5 to 6 days.  It's a pretty bad one.  Went to two pharmacies yesterday and talked to two different pharmacists on which otc meds I could get to relieve the nasal and chest congestion.  My future niece in law came with me of course, as I was way off....  II positively received two different answers from two different pharmacists....wow...  I needed something  which wouldn't make my heart race and feel jittery and at the same time cannot take anything which would cause drowsiness due to the ambien I take at night to sleep.  It's positively a crazy world out there when you are looking for answers....it's positively horrible.  One pharmacist stated I needed Mucinex and I agreed with her because of my chest congestion.  She took my niece over to where the Mucinex is and tried to convince her to get the generic.  My niece explained how I don't like generic and it's ok because I was willing to pay the price.  Well this pharmacist was not giving up on her for me to take the generic..  I couldn't believe it.   My niece walks over with the generic and tells me the story.  I got right up (as I was sitting down due to this cold) and walked over to get the original brand. By the time I went to pay for it....the pharmacist was trying to convince me to get the generic.  By this time I was in no mood to argue with anyone and I flat out and positively told her " I'm going to purchase the brand name no matter what you say.  You can waste your time trying to explain to me these are exactly the same, or you can just check me out!"  I don't know what that came from....lol lol lol.  I feel bad about it now, although I couldn't take it any longer.  By the time I came home I knew I had so many contradicting medications, I had to use my brain (it is hard to due at this stage of the cold) and figure out what was best for me. (my future niece helped me also).  
The rest of the unused meds went home with my nephew and future niece in law.

I know where I caught this cold and it was my grandson when I babysat last week.  My son and daughter in law did think it was his allergies at first,(as so did I), although when he was home they noticed his cough sounded different.  My daughter in law has the migraines with her cold, my future niece has the stomach bug, and my son fine....lol lol lol 

#1808 emoothart

emoothart

Advanced Member

• Site Supporter
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:27 AM

Today's positives: receiving communion at church, spending 1.5 hours in a restorative yoga class, and taking a long walk with my family in the early evening.  A good, good day.

#1809 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:12 AM

Emoo. it's wonderful to see how you have consistently found positives in your day.  Yoga is extremely good for body mind and soul.  Not to mention FiveNotions had received many positives moments through cymbalta withdrawal.  Taking communion is such a blessed moment.  It makes me feel so good when I receive the hold host.  You keep posting your positives and someday when you look back on them, you will find how far you have come....yipeeeee

#1810 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:05 AM

My positive for today is I did wake up and the sun is shinning and the temps a bit lower along with the humidity.  Still suffering from this cold its positively very unpleasant.  I guess I'm not the best person when I'm sick. 

#1811 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:55 PM

My positives for today are I am still able to breathe a bit better and the cough is still lingering around.  I positively have the Vicks humidifiers in almost every room.  I am positively calling my doctor tomorrow and letting him know my symptoms.  It's positively time for a call to him...... 

#1812 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In The Stratosphere
  • why_joining:
    Additional support outside my atmosphere.

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:57 AM

I positively wish I had your positivity :D

Love you :hug:

#1813 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 July 2016 - 06:21 PM

My positives today are I positively took my second day of the antibiotics. I'm positively happy my family is staying away from me.....lol  lol lol.  My future great niece in law is the only one who doesn't care if I'm contagious or not (which I am not at this stage).  She drops by daily to check in on me and see if there is anything I need.  Todayt, positively I needed some groceries.  This sweet soul went to the grocery store for me.  Early this am she called me on the phone because she was having a panic attack.  Thank God I was able to talk her through it.  It's so easy to help someone through panic attacks if they haven't suffered from them too long.  I would say, today has been positive......I'm blessed...

#1814 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:40 PM

My positives for today:

(1)  Carleeta :hug:

(2) Liz :hug:

(3) I get to go meet some girls from work after my friend's memorial service tonight. I actually get a Girl's Night Out, just me and them. I haven't had one of those since my best friend passed in December 2011.

#1815 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 22 July 2016 - 03:38 PM

Wonderful, Raven !

Have fun and be good to yourself...let everything else go for the evening.  You deserve this! :D

#1816 Lorelei67

Lorelei67

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 06:17 PM

My positive for today....I woke up this morning, and realized I slept through most of the night with minimal creepy-crawlies before I fell asleep last night. Hallelujah. Now, if I could just get my hubby to quit snoring, so I could sleep that whole night in bed, instead of on the couch.....minor details, though! Love this positive thread, Carleeta!

#1817 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:49 PM

My positives for today are seeing wonderful and positives from Raven, TNF, and Loreli.  It's amazing how these little things in life we take for granted and never even realize how positively these little things are a blessing and we do notice them.

Raven, Have a wonderful time out with the girls, it's been 5 years since you had a girls night out.  Enjoy!

TNF.....it's wonderful how you positively you commended Raven on her positive!

Loreli.....you are positively welcome and I hope to see more positives from you

Me......I positively took my 3rd antibiotic today.......

#1818 Lorelei67

Lorelei67

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 09:37 PM

I would "like" your last post, Carleeta, but Everytime I try, I am told I have reached my quota of positive votes for the day. I am positively lmao at that right now! Seriously? 😝

#1819 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 July 2016 - 07:05 AM

I would "like" your last post, Carleeta, but Everytime I try, I am told I have reached my quota of positive votes for the day. I am positively lmao at that right now! Seriously?

Yes, it's all to funny how they allow us only 2 likes in a day.  It's positively unfair.....lol lol lol.  You keep laughing at these nuttly little impferections.....as we humans as well as the technology world both have them.  After all humans developed our technology.....lol lol lol

#1820 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 July 2016 - 03:03 PM

Well, Carleeta - It's still been 5 years. The area they wanted to meet in was too dangerous a place to be late at night.

I am positively hot with heat index of 105.

#1821 Lorelei67

Lorelei67

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 05:20 PM

My positive for today. The scale finally moved! I have gained a lot of weight over the last few years, and was kind of hoping I might start losing some now that I am off Cymbalta, but until today, no such luck. Got on this morning, and am down 3 lbs. It's a start, and I'll take it!

#1822 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 July 2016 - 05:30 PM

Lorelie, Wonderful news....you must be excited to know you will be losing the weight you previously gained.  Your on a positive roll here.  We are enjoying all the positives you are noticing...yipeeee

#1823 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 July 2016 - 05:32 PM

Raven,   Oh my the bad part of town.  You didn't stay late, although you had spend time with friends.......girls night out is so much fun.....   I'm happy to hear you did this...It's certainly a positive.....

#1824 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 July 2016 - 06:22 PM

My positive for today is going to church and taking Communion. 

I always get so emotional - my eyes started leaking :hug:

#1825 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 July 2016 - 06:27 PM

Awww.TNF, you just made me emotional.  I have a safe good feeling when I receive Holy Communion and sip the wine.  It's a funny thing about the wine.  My great nephew who is 19 and going to be 20 in August, could not figure out how it is legal to receive the wine in Church after Holy Communion and the drinking age is 21.  It really never dawned on me as to why this is legal.  But they do. 

#1826 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:16 AM

I'm positively moving forward with getting rid of this sinus infection (as I think it was).  Today will be my last day on this antibiotic.  I'm definitely and positively feeling 80% better.  

Just finishing up on my packing.  Going into the lab for a few hours tomorrow and working on some last minute details with my boss, and co worker.

Anxiety level is a minimal due to this cold and the "I don't care attitude" at this point.

Haven't seen most of the family in over a week with the exception of my great nephew and his future wife, and this was a good thing.  Although, it's positively getting very boring. 

I'll need to start seeing everyone (especially my grandson) within the next two days because I'll be away for about 6 week.

Definitely and positively I have my tablet charging and ready to take with me, as long as my laptop, and my phone.  

Yes,I'll be on here as regularly as I can due to I need all of you.......

Going to see my niece who resides in Florida, who is now a recovering alcoholic, is going to be a new experience for me.  It's important I make this trip to see her as when I went to visit with her in October, I gave her the ultimatum at that time (which was the reason I made that trip).  I'll be visiting my best friend and other friends and family, then on to SF. 

I'll positively be just fine for most of this travel, and we will positively see how I'm doing as I draw closer to SF.

As for today I do feel like cooking a bit and this is a good thing...lol lol lol

#1827 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:04 PM

I was totally in pain and exhausted today with trying to get to the store to get lottery tickets (my cousin in law birthday today), then gas for my car, and off to the supermarket to just get ice and a few things.  My future niece in law took me because, first she didn't want me to go alone and second she loves driving my car.....lol lol lol.  Thank God she loves be the kind and beautiful person she is because I needed someone to carry this heavy bag of ice....lol lol lol....

After all that ice and trying to find lottery tickets, I did make her guacomole which she has been wishing for.

It seemed to take a lot out of me today.  I positively did all I needed to do....  My ears seemed to unplug, then plug, then unplug.....driving me a little batty knowing the airplane does this to me..

Either way.... I did make some sort of food.

The cooler is filled with ice and all type of beverages inside....mostly water....lol lol lol.  I always keep a cooler around because of so many different family members always drinking something different.  lol lol lol  

Well it's been positive because i was outdoors and did make something eatable. lol lol

#1828 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 24 July 2016 - 09:16 PM

Carleeta- You misunderstand, I didn't get to go on the girl's night.

#1829 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:59 AM

I am positively happy because this morning I stepped on the scale. I was 315lbs when all this started and now this morning the scale said 305lbs. :D

#1830 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:07 AM

Bravo Raven ! It's a real morale booster, isn't it ? !   :D

Yep, the crapalta weight evaporated off my butt within the first several months after getting off the stuff ... I think about 35-40 lbs ....  it helped, I'm sure, that I was pretty much on a fasting, liquids only diet (cold turkey hell) ... butt even after I was able to return to relatively normal eating, only a few pounds came back ... I was too thin by then, so that was ok ...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)