#1771 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 26 June 2016 - 10:07 AM

11am getting on with my day in a positive way.  Going for a swim once my niece and nephew arrive ( I do know not to swim alone).  I have some cool summer foods and some nice cold melons.  

Everyone in the family is all off going in different directions, with graduation week my other niece has many to attend.  My son is off to the airport as my daughter in law leaves for her business trip today.  My aunt is staying indoors where it's cool and her children are up on Oneida Lake.  I was asked to go, although I'll be up there sometime this week to visit them.

My goal today is to make up the menu for next weekend.  My daughter in laws family is coming in from NYC, CT, and RI and put this mix together with our family and WOW.  It will be a two day weekend (being the 4th of course).  My poor daughter in law had such a scared look on her face when she heard they were all coming in.  I stepped up to the plate and told her not to worry because I'll make everything she usually tells me not to bring....lol lol lol.  (This being I make a variety of at least 6 to 8 different things and I know everyone else brings food...lol lol lol).  Well she had the biggest smile on her face and said "please do"...lol lol lol lol.  So I'll make the menu of what I"ll be making.  Just a relaxing day with some swimming exercises and a menu to plan.

I'll cjeck back later to state my positives....

#1772 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 26 June 2016 - 10:14 AM

Carleeta, you are positively amazing ! Yet again, reading your post left me positively exhausted, hungry, and homesick for NYS ... I remember childhood summer visits to Oneida Lake with my parents (I was born in the Oneida hospital)... also, to Sylvan Lake ... aw, now I'm all teary-eyed again  ...  :)

#1773 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 26 June 2016 - 03:00 PM

Carleeta, I agree with FN - I sure envy your amazing activity but I admit it would leave me exhausted too!

My positive is for yesterday - I went to church and found it was a Vows of Ordination and The Service of Installation for our new Associate Pastor..  he has recently completed his study at Seminary and is only 26 !!  He was our Vicar 2 years ago. 

Thoughts and prayers for him - what a positive!

#1774 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 26 June 2016 - 05:54 PM

Carleeta, you are positively amazing ! Yet again, reading your post left me positively exhausted, hungry, and homesick for NYS ... I remember childhood summer visits to Oneida Lake with my parents (I was born in the Oneida hospital)... also, to Sylvan Lake ... aw, now I'm all teary-eyed again  ...  :)

Wow, I remember that hospital...omg and you were born there.  This is amazing. Please don't get terry eyed, because this is a positive thread.  It might be nice to know the Sylvan Beach isn't what it used to be.  One of my nieces has a lake house right on Oneida lake.  My avatar is when I was out on Oneida Lake Memorial weekend.  The area is beautiful, although places are deteriorating.  Families just do not want the responsibility of their summer homes passed down to them, or they can't afford it.  Infact, Leonardo DiCaprio stays up there in a beautiful place.  I myself have never seen him up there nor any other family member.  Others have seen him and met him. They say he usually stays indoor and just relaxes.   

#1775 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:01 PM

TNF, yes I do have nervous energy.  I have to be moving, its hard for me to sit still.  What a wonderful positive Liz, congratulations to him and to you for being there.  Yipeeee

Well the water was beautiful, Just kept moving around in the pool.  At this point my pain feels about 20 to 30 percent better.  This for me is a positive in itself.  I'm happy to have a bit more relief.  

Yes, I had my 30 plus sports sunscreen on, therefore I was protected. 

#1776 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In The Stratosphere
  • why_joining:
    Additional support outside my atmosphere.

Posted 27 June 2016 - 09:52 AM

Good Morning All!!!

My positive for today is that I am blessed that my God has allowed me one more day with my husband and kids. We had a very productive weekend with minimal Sinbalta moments. We cleaned and shopped in regards to getting ready for 4th of July weekend which is hosted at our house this year. Hope you all have a great day!

#1777 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 June 2016 - 10:07 AM

Good morning Raven.  Sounds like fun BUT try to take a few minutes of "me" time every now amd then to regroup. Just step into an empty room and take a few deep breaths and listen to the quiet. Then back to the celebration!!

#1778 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 June 2016 - 10:37 AM

Good morning FH - You are right it does help to step away for me time.

#1779 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:30 PM

Sounds great Raven.  Do make sure to get some rest.

It's been an ok day. Had more pain than usual and didn't get into the pool because of the darn rain.  It was a very gloomy day and I felt gloomy.  Went to the dentist.  Wasn't successful there except my teeth are all there. I guess that's a positive.

Anxiety getting a bit higher today when thinking about the business part of the trip.  Wish I was in the pool to move around to calm my anxiety and pain.  What's positive is I am moving around today. Going into the lab tomorrow for a few hours and this moving around might help. 

#1780 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:16 AM

Had a fairly good night sleep.  Couple hours at the lab.  Home enjoying the outdoors before the rain comes.   Looking at my list wondering what I will be tackling first today. Anxiety level about a 3.5 trying to keep it there if not lower.  Other than the anxiety, I'm positively blessed to be waking up today.  

#1781 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:36 PM

"Cool" and low-humidity enuf here in DC to have the a/c off and the living room windows open ... took a long morning nap to make up for a doozy episode of insomnia last night ... one elderly cat is alternating on the sill, alternating between naps and birdie watching, the other old geezer is curled up beside me ... second cup of tea at hand ... like you, Carleeta, I'm feeling "positively blessed to be waking up today" !

#1782 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 June 2016 - 02:24 PM

It's really hot here. Been in the upper 90's and even into the 100's with the heat index. I am positively working towards cleaning the house in order to prepare for our 4th of July celebration at our house. There will be pork loin, smoked turkey breast and polish sausage dogs along with all kinds of yummy side dishes. I am positively happy today. :D

#1783 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:03 PM

FN.  You are blessed..  you found a wonderful positive in spite of your insomnia.  Sounds like the weather is perfect there.

Raven, sounds like a very yummy 4th of July.  The meats are phenomenal you are using.  Sounds like you have a grill and smoker which will be perfect for the meats.  I know nothing about grilling what so ever.  Well I shouldn't say that, but I usually don't grill even though I have walked over to turn meats over, or to check on things.  You have to let us in on the side dishes you will making. Everything sounds like you have things under control and not to mention you are happy today....yipeeeee 

#1784 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:42 PM

Well, Raven - the weather is the same here :(

Happy to hear today is a good day for you!

FN - the nap sounds great, and BTW, how is Buddy?

Carleeta - I have a pair of cardinals who live here and visit my birdfeeder several times a day !  I know that my daughter is sending them - you know about cardinals being sent from someone in heaven?

My positive for the day is that I managed to take the dogs to the Vet - cannot take one w/o the other!  Bentley needed his nails clipped as he won't let the groomer do it...   Also had to p/u 2 of his 3 meds for his congestive heart failure - all $81 later :wacko:

I would also like to share that I am back on the CuraMed for my fibro and arthritis - feeling so much better!  It is completely natural - 750mg of Curcumin and Turmeric - available at Amazon.  That's my BEST positive!! :Dr

#1785 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:25 PM

TNF.....Sounds so positive.  Yes, I know about cardinals, and I'm happy you know it's your daughter, as I know it's my mom, dad and sister.  So your little ones had a visit to the vet.  Very glad to hear you are on CuraMed.....you have positives flowing all around you today.....yipeeeee

#1786 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 June 2016 - 08:56 AM

My positive today:

Getting in the car to take the kids to the in-laws before work. Turn on the car and the LeAnn Rimes Inspirations CD is in the player. Go back one song and it's God Bless America. I start to sing along with it and then I hear my daughter singing as loud as she can with me. She loves that song!!!

#1787 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:47 PM

I have 2 big positives today!

Had massage and feel much better and the Cubs won :D !!!

#1788 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:17 PM

Liz,  YIEEEEEE.  The massage should feel fantastic right now.  Glad to hear you went there and so happy your Cubs are playing tonight.

My positive is I did go for my manicure and pedicure today.  It was a bit painful sitting there, although I made it through the whole thing.  Anxiety was about 3 and this is good enough for me.

Getting ready at 8pm to watch Michael Phelps in the 200 fly.  Hope he makes it and off to the Olympics.  So far our USA swimming team look great.

#1789 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 June 2016 - 07:03 PM

Carleeta, I'm sure you look lovely - mani and pedi!   Good thing your anxiety is staying at a low level.

My Cubbies played this afternoon and won 9-2 :D Looking forward to the All Star Game as there will be plenty of those Cubs there!

My sons were both swimmers from the time they were 8 and 9 - swam thru HS and one even into college...

Man, if I had a nickel for every minute I sat in that humid pool environment, I would be a millionaire :lol:

#1790 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 June 2016 - 08:33 PM

TNF....yipeeeeee. Your Cubbies won.  How wonderful your sons were/are swimmers.  I love the sport myself.  You must have really enjoyed this in spite of the humid pool environment.  You should be a millionaire after all those days and nights.  Well it was great to see Phelps win in the trials, and cheering him on in Rio.  yipeeee

#1791 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:39 AM

My positive today:

I am here and I am blessed.

#1792 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 July 2016 - 06:17 PM

My positives are many....It was a long 4th of July weekend.  I was extremely busy and had no time to even think about my upcoming vacation/trip.  The most exciting positive I have had was having my grandson this week as his day care was closed.  He arrived at 8am and stayed till 5:30pm.  What a happy time for both of us.  I'm at the point where this grandma isn't spoiling him while babysitting..  Positively this grandma (as I'm called Nonna; grandma in Italian) is working with me on all the things he doesn't receive at day care.  I seem to have him caught up where he is focusing more on daily living and corresponding correctly than playing.  Yes, of course he gets play time, although I incorporate his social skills, motor skills, and expand his vocabulary while he is enjoying himself.  It's being a one on one grandma and I myself have felt positive in his accomplishments. Although, my son and daughter in law have been worried why he wasn't eating his dinner at night. I told my son today how he eats breakfast, lunch, and dinner here.  OMG. it dawned on them, of course I would be doing that.  Well they are now relieved....lol lol  lol lol.  I do spoil him, of course.   These are the wonderful positives I have been blessed.......yipeeeeee

#1793 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 July 2016 - 06:20 PM

I have a positive for a change. I haven't had to water the garden in 3 weeks and it has done so well it looks like a tropical jungle. One of the best gardens I have ever had.

Praise the Lord!!!

#1794 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 July 2016 - 04:20 PM

My positive,going to church tomorrow.

#1795 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 July 2016 - 09:12 PM

My positive is......I'm ready for the 38th Boilermake 15K Road Race.  No I'm not running...lol lol lol.  Just sitting here waiting for my family to decide whether we are leaving tonight or early tomorrow morning.  I'm seeing it's after 9pm and it looks like we are not leaving tonight.  Some of my family live there and we  were going to stay overnight if all agreed.  Since I haven't heard anything I'm going go have to get to bed early at we need to leave early. My son will be running in this race as it will be his 17th or 18th (I cannot remember because he hasn't ran this race in about 10 years)....many friends and family are either in tomorrows 5K or 15K.  My son is in the 15K.  38 years ago this race started with runners in the 100's and now it's 15,000 and runners from all over the world.  It's one of the top courses in the US. I have volunteered for many of them on different areas of the course.  My favorite was the start line and I was with the Elite Runners.  They are the most serious runners I have ever met.  Amazing and thrilling.  It's grown into quite a weekend for all the runners. Today was the kids race (This is where I started my son) and there are no winners.  They range from about 4 years old to 13 years old.  The younger ones run with their parents...  It's adorable.  Today was also the 3 Mile Boilermaker Walk. (this is the power walk I did for 3 years in a row.  I loved it.  My cousin and a few of his running friends formed a running league about 40 years ago and this turned into local runners running this course as years went on this race became bigger and bigger and 38 years later it's in the top 10.  I have never ever missed a race except when I lived in SF and its something I can never live without.  Knowing I volunteered, did the 3K walk, and spectator. No matter what role I played each year what I find amazing is the adrenalin rush I feel from all the adrenaline from these 15,000 runners.  The spot where I spectate is at the first mile point and therefore in the beginning of the race you see the wheelchairs go off first.  Then about  7:45am come the 15,000 and like I mentioned before my spectator spot gets the full pack and you can actually feel the vibrations from the road while on the sidewalk.....it's one of the times I feel no pain and no anxiety...just adrenaline. How could I miss this when even my son is running this year along with my cousins and friends.  there is a post party down at the finish line where all the runners get free beer.  Of course you need to come in within the 2 hours or you miss the free beer, oranges, lunch bags, cookies and restaurants donating food.  I don't go to the finish line any longer because it's totally impossible to get a spot there because the finish line is now packed with family members picking up runner and these families either live near by and others are from all over the US.  Nope I'll be at the corner of my families home. and that's the best spot in the whole race.  Getting off to bed now because 5am comes very early.  No I'm not leaving my son at the finish line, there are shuttles now which can take you back to the start line and that's where is car is going to be parked. Yes, there is a 15K Boilermaker Road Race party at my cousins house which will start at 4pm which gives my son and his cousins time to rest before the party begins.  God willing the rain will hold off this the race is over (never ever in 37 years has it ever rained for this race) tomorrow may be different as the rain might hit at 10 pm and in the 60's which is not good.  The rain can cause slippery running conditions and the 60's can cause cramping.......We shall see what comes tomorrow for these runners.   Best of Luck to all these runners tomorrow.... I'm positively not going to miss this come rain or shine..........

#1796 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:13 AM

Going to church with my babies.

#1797 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 July 2016 - 12:45 PM

Church was good. I think I'll go back.

#1798 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 July 2016 - 08:59 AM

My positive for today is that I was called to substitute in Bridge this afternoon

Let's hope it goes well as I have not played for 4 weeks!

How did your son do in the race yesterday, Carleeta?

#1799 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 11 July 2016 - 09:23 AM

And my positive is that I'm taking a few days off work this week, maybe the whole week ... my project manager emailed me this morning to say she hoped I wouldn't mind, but could I do a "special assignment" she had in mind for me ... I (grudgingly) wrote back and said sure, what do you need ... her reply -- "take naps, drink tea, read books, and do some crafting"  ... best. boss. evah.   :D

#1800 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 July 2016 - 09:53 AM

My positive today - The voice of my daughter walking out to the car in bare feet saying "ow, ow, ow, ow" the whole time. She had spent the night at her nana and papi's and was coming to tell me goodbye before I went to work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users