#241 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:27 PM

Today my positives were...Signing papers for my new home and all the good things which will be fixed by maintenance that I have asked for....Sitting and talking to the maintenance for this area lasted about an hour..lol lol..I know how many kids he has, how many dogs, how many cats..Oh and yes he has just one wife...lol lol...I positively made him laugh and laugh, and laugh...Also my realtor called and my house will positively be going up for sale, that is unless this family who was interested in it wants it before the For Sale sign goes up...It's positively a start in another direction in my life..

Oh EVERYONE...It's very been laughing so hard at all of the comments which were like when I rewarded myself with using the remote starter to start that I forgot to start my car today even with the remote...lol lol

#242 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:
    Essentially I am here for support and real information. On a journey away from this medication and towards a mindful, present state of being. My goal is to find courage, my hope to help someone along the way. Change.

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:39 PM

Congratulations Carleeta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On the home finalization!! Sounds like closing is around the corner.

If I lived near you I would come and play with your remote--it does sound entertaining , hehehe--esp. when you misplace it. Not really-not funny when it is as bone chilling cold as you report.

Have a wonderful night. Godspeed.  --XMan

#243 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:59 AM

11:00..I've taken my luxurious bath, brushed my teeth, hair done, moisturizer, deodorant on, and all dressed to go to the psychologist this early afternoon..My son will be picking me up (can't drive there myself yet)..I'm positively ready to go see him...hmmmm what will we talk about today?

So far Im alive and breathing...this is positive.

#244 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:06 AM

11:56. Yup I sprung ahead today. .lol lol...I positively wanted to sleep a bit longer. .lol lol

It's so pretty outside today with the sunshine and temps are really up in the 30's..It's about time we see warm weather on its way.

Last week I did see more than one Robin so I know spring is definitely coming.

Yesterday's visit to the psychologist was a good one and I walked out of there knowing this is the right place for me to be in getting my life back and dealing with the issues which brought me to antidepressents and other medications.

#245 clearglass

clearglass

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationGreater Philadelphia Area
  • why_joining:
    I joined for support coming and staying off Cymbalta. Also joined to hopefully offer support to others.

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:15 AM

Congratulations on your new home Carleeta!!!  (Remote tip: If you have 2, hang one someplace where you’ll remember to use it, like by the door.)  Welcome xman and Gail, and GinnyKim61.  Even though I don’t come on the site daily, I think about you often and love catching up on the positives I missed :)

My Dr. said I’m doing very well, so I’m starting 10 beads this week, 5 next week, and 1st due date off: MARCH 23rd !!!   I had an easier time when I quit smoking :lol:  I also had an interview and received a callback the next day.  I can’t wait to get another position; really need to get back to work. 

I can’t remember the last time I had a brain zap and the anxiety has come down a lot; talking to my new therapist really helps.  The funny thing is I was put on pills 2 years ago, so I could talk more. If I had known what these pills do, I would have started talking up a storm 2 years ago :o  

I wish everyone more positives and better days. :)

Clearglass

#246 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:26 PM

Hey forum friends....my positives for yesterday and today.....both days I went to visit my friend in the nursing home....yesterday I had to take a cab both ways...today I took a cab out, but I felt good enough to use public transport home, which takes a little over an hour ....and, I stopped to chat with a young homeless man by the subway exit...I've gotten to know him a bit as I give him what help I can for a hot meal, etc and try to spend a few minutes conversing with him....today I told. Him that I'm going to do what I can to find him a place at a half way house or other transitional housing....he needs a room of his own, where he can have privacy, sleep, and know his few possessions are safe....it was wonderful to see him smile!

Also, yesterday was 65 degrees and sunshine....today 57 and more sunshine....yay springtime!

#247 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:11 PM

Clearglass. ...Thank you..I'm pleased to hear you are doing well with the bead counting and also that your MD is happy with these results. .Nope. .only one High Tech remote starter (I get a kick out of these new so called High Tech toys) and just a regular remote..Don't like the regular (spare) because it throws off my High Tech remote from working prooerly...lol lol..The High Tech remote sends a signal back to me and the car has started properly and counts down the fifteen minutes...Yes I love toys..lol lol

FiveNotions. .What a wonder positive thing you are doing for this less fortunate homeless man...you have a wonderful loving heart...This will come back to you in loving ways. .Wonderful gift!

#248 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:51 AM

Good morning all!  I haven't been on for a couple of days as I have actually been doing some things! 

Positive for Saturday was I made it to church - I cried, but I was there :)

Yesterday, I took my "adopted" grandson to see Son of God, which was a wonderful, moving film.  I hoped it might be somewhat educational for him - don't know - but I certainly enjoyed it (cried some more).

FN - You are a wonderful, kind, loving person :)  The effort you are putting out for this young homeless man is something not all could do...     This is such a remarkable event!! :D

I am getting a mani and pedi at noon to reward myself for getting as far as I have and for all the tears shed while doing so.

Will be back later...

Hugs and prayers,

Liz :hug:

#249 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:08 AM

TryinginFL. .Was wondering were you were..lol lol..Wonderful news taking grandson (adopted) to see Son of God...I'm hearing it is a wonderful movie...Smart woman you are as thinking this movie would be educational for him..I like your thinking..It's ok to have tears..I have tears often myself..

It's good to see you you also made it to church on Sunday. .In spite of how you feel also..

Yippee. Pedi and mani reward...I love those...Makes me want to get one myself this week...lol lol

Have a wonderful day...:)

#250 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:17 AM

12:06 om...Accomplished much so far...Called for home inspections, called my storage unit, and called where my Izzy (my cat) is being boarded to let them know the date (on or about) I will be picking her up and taking her home..Spoke with her assistant (that is what they call themselves while taking care of Izzy...lol lol)..Assistant told me Izzy Is A chatterbox, She loves To give Kisses (she rubs her nose to your nose) she is fun because she is active, and every morning when she comes out of her cage she jumps on the window sill and looks outside..lol lol....When they keep her out of her cage at night and when they come in in the morning she runs into her cage before they get to it because she knows she will be fed...They are going to miss her they said...They adore her playfulness and her kisses..

I miss her so much and I'll positively be taking her home soon...yippeeee!!

#251 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:59 PM

TFL....I'm dying to see Son of God.....just need to allow a couple more weeks for my eyes to see if this optic neuritis is going to be "transient" and stops bugging me, or if it's taken up permanent residence in my brain.....the movie is being shown here in DC at one of the best theaters for viewing and sound...going will be a treat to myself for continuing my struggle with cymbalta WD .....

Carleeta....gosh, so much good stuff happening for you...my favorite thing is that Izzy will soon be home with you!

My own positive for the day is that I'm so deeply grateful to all of you here in this special place....I simply never would have made it this far....and would likely have ended up in a hospital psych ward....with even more bangs and dents than I already have! Bless you all!

#252 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:09 PM

Hmmm...just wondering if I should positively make some homemade chicken soup because our next big storm is on the way...Then again maybe I just open up a can of Progresso Soup (that's a no no for an Italian..lol lol) and know I won't have to freeze any soup for the coming days because winter is here. ..If I only have enough soup for a day I'll know this is the last winter storm and spring will be here in a week.lol lol. Positive thinking it is..lol lol

Positively a cup of warm orange tea with a slice of lemon rind will do it for tonight...

#253 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:30 PM

FN....I pray that your eyes will be back to normal soon as you will truly enjoy the movie :)  Be sure to take plenty of Kleenex with you - I found tears just rolled down my face at times, but it's OK - it's a very moving and wonderful film!

Carleeta...no can of Progresso could compare to that wonderful homemade variety!  It isn't even cold here, but you sure got my taste buds salivating!  I am happy that things are shaping up for you and you will soon have your Izzy home :)  I would miss my fur babies if they weren't with me :(

Good night and God Bless,

#254 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:51 PM

FiveNotions and TryinginFL. .Thank you both for a wonderful and thoughtful homecoming for Izzy...She drives me cray all day long..andhonestly I miss that..Funny thing about Izzy is my son bought her for me..He bought me a cat because he was leaving home and he thought a cat would be good for me..hmmm..Well when he brought her home I literally and I do mean literly, locked myself in my room for a few days and felt I had a lion in my home..lol lol..This is so true..lol lol...It was bigger than life...How we laugh about that now..It's a funny true story...It's as a child, and I had a wonderful and loving childhood..We were not allowed to have pets in our house..My parents liked pets although it was the pet hair which was not allowed in the house..To this day when my Izzy is with me I still vacuum daily because I don't like cat hair..lol lol...She's a long haired cat too..lol lol..At least I positively can see her hair...lol lol lol

Oh my...Son of God is going to be the movie I buy as soon as it comes out..I have to see this Movie...
FiveNotions I hoping you see it soon...TryinginFL I am happy you say it and had emotions while watching it..It touched your heart I am sure...

And no no no positively No Progresso...lol lol

#255 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:53 AM

Okeechobee dookee...Yup I'm still awake. .It's one of those nights where I'm tired and unable to sleep.

Just made a cup of sleepy time tea and sipping it slowly to gry at least some rest.

I am positively tired and I positively need some rest..so the positive theme to this post is..
It's positively wonderful to come here and post what I'm feeling..
Maybe I should have had that can of Progresso soup..lol lol.NOT!

#256 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:35 AM

Hehehe....at about the time you were sipping sleepy time tea, I was sipping chamomile !

My sleep patterns are still pretty messed up....I do get about 8 hrs of good quality sleep....the dreams have faded....but I'm into this thing where I'm awake from about 1:30 to 4 a.m......and when I wake up I feel alert and refreshed....

But I'm positively sure that this is so much better than the always tired, always sleeping but never rested years I endured while on the poison!

#257 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:50 AM

You must really be going through a hard time Carleeta. "Okeechobee dookee"? That's funny. lol

#258 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:
    Essentially I am here for support and real information. On a journey away from this medication and towards a mindful, present state of being. My goal is to find courage, my hope to help someone along the way. Change.

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:56 AM

Are you sleeping Carleeta? If not you should be! Hi to all! The sun is out in Austin, which gives me a little boost! I have been catching up with you and the new guys/ gals,

Positives: sun, made it thru a terrible weekend at work, YOU are here.

#259 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:28 PM

Fishinghat. .FiveNotions. .Xman. ..Yup I'm up..lol lol..I did fall asleep finally..lol lol

Must be I was delerous with my opening statement. .Wanted to type Okie Dokie! Lol lol

I positively woke up late..11:30 am...must be the spring ahead..Although for me it was like we jumped ahead 6 hours..lol lol

Yes, I need a sense of humor. .lol lol..Life could be so serious at times which makes us forget to laugh and joke around..I positively need variety in my life or I'll be soon board...lol lol

It's a gorgeous day outside and we are expecting quite a storm here in NYS anywhere from 5 to 12 inches of snow starting late tonight into Thursday morning..Wow what a way to say 'bye bye' to winter and 'hello' to spring...Spring is definitely and positively coming! Yippeee. . :-)

#260 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:45 PM

Just finished a nice looking warm bath..Why not...I woke up close to noon..lol lol

Just talked to my realtor and there is a couple interested in buying my home..hmmm. I haven't even put it up for sale yet..Ok this is good..Thinking about letting them view it even before the For Sale sign goes up..

This positively caught me by suprise...yippppp and voommmm!

Things are going faster than my mind, just going to hold onto this ride. .lol..:)

#261 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:04 PM

A day at work during crapalta withdrawals

As I reflect on the events that took place a few days ago at work, I am struck about the positive event  that was buried in my OWN emotional turmoil.

A code blue was called on a person whom I had just seen an hour before;  smiling and talking. It was a really traumatic code. Having been on the code blue team for way too many years, I do my job as the patient's (perhaps last) advocate and fight to restore their life with everything possible, should that be their wish. The challenge for some becomes to provide this care while being ever so mindful of the respect that EVERYONE deserves. A flurry of activity abound, we fought to save this person. 

In the end, the body was not as strong as the spirit...

Had this been "during the days" of being blunted with Crapalta I may have over looked a very important fact, which I discussed with the Chaplain. This is the 1st time I have ever, in my entire life and in my career, sought the service of a Chaplain. I am glad I did.

Life goes on yet I will never forget...

#262 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:53 PM

Xman...Being on the emergency code blue team in er tell me much about you and your daily activities..hmm.
I enjoyed reading your post...It was right to the point and to the heart of you, your colleagues, and the patients. .
It's definitely teamwork effort!

If I understand this correctly, you may be feeling cymbalta clouded your feeling thus effecting decision making while in the code blue crisis situation? I'm thinking this might be what you are referring to..If so, please remember, Cymbalta takes over your brain and body when you are on it....I'm glad to hear you spoke with the Chaplin and discussed this..
You now are in a position to save many many many others lives just because you have chosen to be Cymbalta free..

Thank you for sharing this positive insight you just found!

#263 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:25 PM

3:52...Omg car starter didn't start the car today. .Oh my...lol lol...Had to call roadside assistance AGAIN. . (Can't yet get to the dealership, aline, to have the battery checked)..Now keep in mind the storm which has come my way! Wanted to start the car, clean it off (approx. 4 inches on it since 10 am) and move it to the plow guys could plow out our areas..Ok I was ahead of the game before others started to move their cars. ..Roadside Assistance came..tried to start it..They said, Nope! won't start and has to be towed.. (hmmm I thought to myself these two guys really didn't give it much of a try and one was teaching the other how to put the cables on right..lol lol) (keep in mind my car is only two years old)...So they asked me to get out of the car (nicely, of course) and to give them my keys..lol lol..This is the funny part..They told me I didn't have the key to start my car..lol lol lol lol lol..I had to stop laughing and tell them is a push start and all you need is the key (keyless key) with you..They didn't seem to understand. .lol lol..They asked me if I would do it because they weren't sure what I meant (now this Roadside assistance comes from my dealership..lol lol..I sweetly asked them if they could use NOT the small portable battery charger, but to hook me up to their truck and rev up their engine and it will start..They didn't seem this would work...I asked them if they could please just give it a try..They finally did, and sure enough it started on the first try...lol lol lol..They were amazed and then asked me how I knew this..I preceeded to tell them when this happened to me before the guy who came then explained to me the more bells and whistles you have in the car (which I like...after my family talked me into it..lol) the more it draws from the battery thus needing more juice than normal to jump the car..Well they learned something new..lol lol lol..
Actually the remote starters are the cause...When you start with a remote it turns on everything first and the engine last..This is what I feel my problem is..

It's positively been a fun day..lol lol...Gotta find fun or make fun..no matter how badly I'm feeling...Now I'll wait for the next 8 tp 10 inches to fall...But tomorrow I positively will NOT use the starter...I'll go and start it with my keyless key and push a button..lol lol

#264 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:46 PM

Carleeta, bless your heart! You are such a blessing with your humor in the midst of trials! We have mega wind here in SC today. I so enjoy snow, but you have too much for this old SC gal. Stay warm and dry!!!! Hugs and prayers as always!!!!  clara :)

#265 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:23 PM

Carleeta, I must chime in with Clara!  I just read your post and was in stitches - does an old girl good to be able to teach these young "smart, know everything" guys something :)  3 cheers for you!!!

Stay warm and be careful going out there in all that snow - surely it will be spring soon :D  ....at least so I was told...

Love, hugs and prayers,

#266 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

xman....such a sad and wonderful experience at the same time.  I send you all my best as I know you will never forget.  My future daughter-in-law is an RN at the Naval Hospital in San Diego - I have nothing but the deepest respect for all of you :)

You are doing exceptional work while still going through this miserable withdrawal.

My love and prayers for you,

#267 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:37 PM

Well its about that time for me to get my rest.

I positively have the ENT appointment tomorrow (my son will be driving me there of course) and going forward with my long overdue physical.

I'm positively tired! Thank God..

#268 clearglass

clearglass

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationGreater Philadelphia Area
  • why_joining:
    I joined for support coming and staying off Cymbalta. Also joined to hopefully offer support to others.

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:35 AM

A positive start of my day is learning a new word from xman; crapalta :lol:. Thanks.

Yesterday wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be after I vented.  My DH procedure found something, but it wasn't as bad as we thought it could have been at his stage.  We took a fantastic nap when we got home.

Praying positives for us all today.

clearglass

#269 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:59 AM

Some days I miss the 'positive' thread. Today I've sat here sipping coffee and enjoyed reading it. Brought smiles and some happy tears. To know that one can go to hell and back is quite amazing. Has been a wild ride for me anyhow. Even at my slow as a snail's pace yesterday I had some hot flashes and some edginess as well. I dunno but even if it should be the ol' Cymbalta I shall move on. Move on with my life and my brain and body and make the best of what's left.  

Thank y'all for this thread. May God bless you.

:hug: TheEquusWoman

#270 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:02 AM

I am still laughing and crying from Clareeta's post! I can visualize the whole thing: This beautiful, gracious, bundled-up woman standing regally beside her car, snow swirling all around as the cavalry arrives. Dadadadaaaa!! Only to learn a lesson from a very wise woman. :DI Love it! Now I have learned a few things about this remote situation, as I have a couple of friends that rely on theirs--one in Texas! Would you believe? That is called lazy because we don't need to go out and shovel or worry about the door opening etc etc. Those young men, & I hope they were young, had never jumped a car? Starting the laughing fit againnnnn :P

Inspirational.

There was one more thing we could do for the person that was leaving this life; remember the hearing is the very last thing to go and to start with other topics or chit chat in whatever form that looks like is wrong. So I spoke up to the team for the 1st time in a very long time, usually just whispering in a persons ear and holding hand or arm until there is absolutely no doubt... And it ain't over. I think dc'g the crapalta has returned to me the feelings and emotions I once would just compartmentalize.   Xman

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users