#211 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

Congratulations, Carleeta!!  You have done much from going out by yourself to continuing your physical tests!  I'm sure that makes you feel wonderful! :)

Your positive attitude is admirable and I hope to get there soon.. am now in middle of 7th week :unsure:

The last 3 days have been improving - Saturday was the worst I have experienced since the beginning of this nasty trip.  I am trying to be easy on myself and realize (finally)  that plans do not have to be written in stone.  If I feel I cannot do something, I am telling myself it is ok if I don't do it.  (Thanks fishinghat - you hit the nail on the head there!)  Yes, I am sensitive and it gives me an even harder time of it all. :(

You are all so wonderful that I don't know what I would do without you!  Thanks y'all for all of your help and support - and I love reading about your experiences! :D TryinginFL. .sounds like you are taking control of yourself...Great! Do for yourself first and you will be ok...Do what you can and don't worry about tomorrow because the things you can't do will still be there..lolnlol..Yippeee you had your hair done...Yippee Yippee Yippee...So proud of you!

One positive - had my hair done today - a treat that made me feel better.

Hugs and prayers to all,
Liz :hug:

#212 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:14 PM

TryinginFL. ..yippee. ..Great thinking...Positive and optimistic. ..Hair done too...what an accomplishment! So proud of you...
Days are getting better. I know it feels as if there is no end at times...just think you can only go up once you hit bottom...

We are here for you..Just like you are here for us and others with you kind words, honest posts, and dedication..

You are WONDERFUL! Thank you for being you..:)

#213 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:20 PM

On my positive note for today, in spite of feeling lightheaded and having anxiety..I positively drove to church today for the beginning of Lent...I positively know I will be better than ok...:)

#214 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:07 PM

Wonderful post Liz, some days I cannot manage to do things that I had planned, Like going to the library. Maybe tomorrow I will have the strenght

Now I understand what you mean by being kind to yourself!

Thanks Liz, I needed that.

And Carleeta, I also sense that I will be OK or better. I admire your openness about your beliefs, I somewhat recognize myself in you. Gail

#215 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:15 PM

I had planned to go to church for Ash Wednesday as well, but I am so tired that I simply cannot.  I had my massage therapy this afternoon which helped, but then had to run an errand.  I could not go to sleep until after 3am this past night and am looking forward to going to bed early.... :(

I must admit that being kind to yourself is not always what you wish would happen...

Thanks to all and God Bless,

#216 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:59 PM

Gail and tryinginFL. ..It's all ok for church today..I went for everyone who needs it..Going to church today was not for me it was for all of you here on the forum..Whatever your belief may be..:)

#217 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:48 PM

Carleeta....Bless you :)   I have been feeling so down since I did not go.... :(   God will reward you for your wonderful sharing.  Back to the weeping again....

Special hugs and prayers to you,

#218 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:02 AM

Praying for you, Liz! It will get better!  Cyber hugs for you! clara :)

#219 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:47 AM

Carleeta, you are swell! I also missed church....first time in years I haven't been there for Ash Wednesday.....one thing I am sure of...all of us here have plenty of sufferings to "offer up" in atonement! That's something I need to remember....that suffering is a powerful prayer if we offer it as that....

My positive event for yesterday is that I did not cave in and go back on cymbalta....my positive for today is that I think I feel well enough to go visit my friend in the nursing home...

#220 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:
    Essentially I am here for support and real information. On a journey away from this medication and towards a mindful, present state of being. My goal is to find courage, my hope to help someone along the way. Change.

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:54 AM

Bravo to Fivenotions! Love that you are building the strength to go do for someone else. I know it cannot be easy.

Thank you for the inspiration.

#221 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:22 PM

Carleeta, you are swell! I also missed church....first time in years I haven't been there for Ash Wednesday.....one thing I am sure of...all of us here have plenty of sufferings to "offer up" in atonement! That's something I need to remember....that suffering is a powerful prayer if we offer it as that....
My positive event for yesterday is that I did not cave in and go back on cymbalta....my positive for today is that I think I feel well enough to go visit my friend in the nursing home...

FiveNotions. .Don't worry I got you covered with prayers during Lent...I wish and pray for all of us to be healed..God Bless you...

#222 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:24 PM

3:21...All my wash is done..Phone calls are made..Appointments are set for tomorrow and Monday..

I positively am pushing forward through whatever my symptoms are today...

#223 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:40 PM

Yay, Carleeta! Sometimes even the seemingly small tasks are burdensome. Celebrating you got them done along with you! Praying your move goes smoothly! Hugs and prayers!!!  clara :)

#224 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:56 PM

Did my laundry today, too...am actually caught up! :) Woot!

Carleeta, I too pray for all of us to be healed from this horrible drug trip- I'm sure it will happen but we don't know how soon...

FN and Clara - We owe Carleeta for her never failing help and words of support! :D  And Yay! for you Carleeta for getting out of the house and taking care of things...

Bless you all,

#225 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:13 PM

TryinginFL. ..You are truly genuine..It's such a pleasure to have met you on this forum..I actually enjoy doing Laundry..lol lol...It gives my whole being a sense of cleanse! You are also doing a great job and have progressed (positively) more than you think you have. .Once the warmer weather hits we should all feel a bit better..Just remember Springtime is a time for everything to come alive..Which includes YOU...Looking forward to seeing us bloom.. (positively)..God Bless you...:)

#226 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:17 PM

Clara. .Yes even the small things are an accomplishment. .I'm positively proud of the littlest accompolishments. You are such a dear..There is so much good in you which is positively ready to come out..It's happening without us even realizing it...Each day is a gift..As you are!

#227 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:17 PM

It is such a blessing to read you all! it gives me strenght and hope.

You are my rewards of the day, and I thank you.

Gail

#228 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:08 PM

10:02 pm...Was productive in the am...and certainly enjoyed watching the two movies I ordered today..

Sun was out all day today and it was positively beautiful in spite of our cold temperatures.

It's cooling down to single digits now..Turned on my electric blanket and getting ready for a warm cozy night..Thinking about the warmth of the fireplace, I don't have at the moment, but will soon enough!

#229 GinnyKim61

GinnyKim61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationMicigan
  • why_joining:
    Withdrawal from Cymbalta.

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:26 AM

A positive feeling................. I think I am going to be on this site a lot! You are all so uplifting! Facing our fears is so hard and yet when we persevere and walk through this thing we gain more power. Solidarity my friends.

#230 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:
    Essentially I am here for support and real information. On a journey away from this medication and towards a mindful, present state of being. My goal is to find courage, my hope to help someone along the way. Change.

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:40 AM

Mar. 7, 2014

So inspired by you all. TY to Carleeta for starting the thread back when.

Positive things this morning:

Got up

Fed the canine crew and turtles (why I "rescued" those turtles I cannot say... :lol:)

took B12 and D3--THAT's ALL

Stopped drinking coffee and have found the love of tea--perhaps not love just yet but doesn't upset GI

Here with you and taking in your struggles also, which humbles me to no end.---XMan

#231 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:13 AM

Hey xman's, I too had to give up coffee...I've become an herb tea drinker...and have various little concoctions I brew for various symptoms...who knows if they work, but they taste decent and make me feel that I'm doing something to help myself along...

#232 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:15 AM

FN, even placebos have shown to be strong medicine just don't let yourself find out you are only taking placebos, lol

#233 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

Wishing I had a placebo that would lift this dang dark cloud hanging over me! Bleh! :( This cloudy, rainy, chilly weather has got me down! Sorry to be a party pooper guys and gals! 3 months+ with no Cymbalta.. I thought I was well on my way! Keep tellin'  myself to stay positive!!!!  We'll all get there one day, wherever there is! Hopeful for us all!!! Hugs and prayers!!!  clara

#234 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:32 AM

Welcome, GinnyKim6!  So happy to meet you :)  I know that you will enjoy this site - wonderful ppl, help and support!

Fishinghat - lol - re your placebo remark!

Clara, so sorry that this is a bad day for you :(  I know that weather really affects me as well.  I offer my best thoughts and prayers that today will get more positive for you.  Somehow I feel that it will... :) :)

Hugs to all,

Liz  

#235 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:07 PM

Clara, Spring is coming! Hold on! Wishing you sunshine today. :wub: Tried to check the forecast in SC but failed! 52 degrees here and no sun. But someone once said (I think it was Marianne Williamson) that there is blue sky, even if we do not see it. It is above the cloud cover and we will see it again--shifting perception.

#236 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

FiveNotions,  I would be very interested to hear what concoctions you are trying w/the tea. So far I put in a little raw sugar and milk. Cinnamon?

#237 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:41 PM

Hey there xman....let's see....in the order I tried them, with my comments....

Green tea....cldnt stand the taste, so put that aside

Yogi liver detox tea....couldn't live without it...love the taste and drink gallons of it....think it does help flush the toxins out...

Chamomile .....a good basic, alone or mixed with other herb teas....

Turmeric/red pepper/ginger.....right out of my spice cabinet and brewed up in a small saucepan....I craved this stuff during my first two weeks...I think it helped ....literally burns the cymbalta crap out of my system! (I'd vomit if I tried it now, so that's a sign I'm healing!)

Kava kava....love the stuff, but I overdosed the first time I tried it...fell on my sofa in a giddy stupor and stared at the ceiling for about an hour....I'm saving it for our cyber-celebration later this month when EquusWoman takes her last single bead :-)))

Yerba mate....good as a coffee alternative....Pope Francis is a big drinker of it...I figured I'd give it a try.....I like it, as it gives me a buzz, but no coffee jitters...however, it tastes like brewed dirt....clearly an acquired taste ...

Damiana....as tea bags from the health food store or cheaper, I bought it as a loose herb from amazon.com....it really works as a relaxant, but in small quantities...too much and it's supposed to be an aphrodisiac ...hehehe.... I mix it with chamomile....

Licorice root....helped with my nausea and digestive problems...but it can raise bp....I overdid one day and hit 184/110.....I use it, but sparingly now....

Valerian....helps some folks with anxiety and sleep....tastes worse than dirt....didn't do a thing for me.....so, I've got a big bag of it if anyone wants it....oh, and it's related to catnip....drives my three cats wild, so I've stored it in the fridge....I left a mug of it by my sofa unattended, and returned to find one of the critters sitting with his face half way in the mug, inhaling and purring....

Ashwaganda....just got a small bag...supposed to help lower bp....wanted to try it , but won't for now, as the theanine and tryptophan I'm taking do the same thing...

Good Lord, rereading this I sound like a nut job....well, heck, I am....POSITIVELY......

PS...ginger root tea....wonderful stuff for nausea and dizziness and digestive stuff....

#238 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:46 PM

My I'm chatty today....that's a positive....another positive is that both my toilet and my sink clogged up somehow yesterday ...and I needed a new plunger...I ventured out today in search of one, walked to the shops near me, bought one, and walked home...and fixed my own plumbing problems....

Time for a nap...

#239 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:27 PM

FN...hooray for you!!!  You are a plumber - a new talent you didn't know you possessed! :)  So proud of you!!

I have one positive for the day - am still losing a pound a week since off the Crapalta....7 pounds so far :D

Wishing all of the best to all of you,

#240 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:29 PM

FiveNotions: THANKS! I really appreciate the recipes and the time you spent. NO you do not sound like a nut! :~) Nope on the contrary-HELPFUL and real.  And you are a plumber. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users