#181 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:30 AM

We are expecting an ice storm Sat and Sun here with possible power outages and lows in the single digits. Ugghh!!

Fishinghat. .I see that on the weather channel. .These single digits are way too low for this time of the year..Hope all your emergency supplies are in order..Stay safe...

#182 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:35 AM

Hello Everyone,

This is for yestersterday.  After taking my medicine, I walked 3 miles on the treadmill. I was expereiencing some brain zaps, but I still got through the day.  I was very tired, so I missed posting yesterday.

I'm with you Carleeta, it's freezing :(

Clearglass.

Clearglass. ..3 miles are some long miles, if it's your first day on the treadmill in a while..If you regularly do treadmill walking than I'm sure you know how to increase...For me..When I get off the treadmill I'm always a bit lighted and things are still moving around me...I chose to just go to Curves. ..lol lol.

#183 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:11 PM

Hey all!  Just wanted to mention...I have lost a pound each week I have been off this crappy drug!   YIPPPEEE!!!

Liz :D

#184 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:13 PM

TryinginFL. ..Now that's a nice positive note..yippeee.

#185 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:31 PM

1:16 pm...Today with all the workers here getting a new heating system installed are ALL in my way..lol lol. It's so crazy here..lol lol..cutting, drilling, sawing...Noisy...Noisy..Noisy...lol lol..In and out of rooms..messing things I have already packed..Ughh..

Had to positively tell them to put things back where they moved them from..lol lol..They are very nice I will admit..

Decided since moving tomorrow and Saturday and with bad weather coming on Monday and having to start my car everyday, I needed to fill up the car before my next pitstop move...Since I've been extremely anxious and full of fear lately..I just want to try and relax at the pit stop and not worry about getting gas on that monday..When I went down to start my car today and going back down to turn it off, the workers told me they were going on break...I thought to myself..hmmm try and drive around the block and see how you feel..ok..I did just that..and forced myself to go and get gas...Yes I did it through this horrible anxiety and fear..

Today I positively filled my gas tank...Although still anxious and fearful....

#186 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:38 PM

Carleeta.....so sorry to hear about your anxiety and fear today.  All the noise and commotion with the workmen would really get to me too :angry:

Happy to hear that you filled up your car, which was a big step today, and actually drove it around the block!  I don't think I could have dealt with all you did today - Congratulations!! :D

I pray that the rest of your move goes well and that you will be able to stay warm and cozy when you get to the next point!

Many cyber hugs and prayers,

Liz :hug:

#187 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:35 PM

6:29...Yippee. .The workers are gone for the day..

I'm positively happy they are gone for the day and done in my room..lol lol

Winds are definitely picking up and it's positively a hunker down night..lol lol

Just want to thank every single member for finding something positive in their life daily..

You are all positively wonderful and awesome..Great for this forum...

#188 clearglass

clearglass

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationGreater Philadelphia Area
  • why_joining:
    I joined for support coming and staying off Cymbalta. Also joined to hopefully offer support to others.

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:39 AM

TryinginFL I have to go slower, I've been so soar in places I never thought I could be for the last 2 days. :(

I've also started splitting my 1mg/per day of clanazapam to .5mg/ 2xs per day. My dr. said I could for the anxiety, so I started Wednesday after walking on the treadmill.  The good/positive thing is I can still sleep at night with the .5mg :rolleyes:.

I've been taking Cymbalta and Clanazapam for two years.  My dr is weaning me off one at a time.  I also do individual and group therapy once a week.  Talking has always helped a lot over the years. Now, I have these forums. :hug:  

Clearglass 

#189 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:13 AM

Clearglass....so sorry to hear that you are so sore, but I'm sure that when you're able and taking it considerably slower with gradual working up, things will be better :)

Good that you can sleep at night as we all need much rest while going through this miserable time.

I agree with the therapy - I am seeing my Dr. only once a month now, but always look forward to it - it certainly does help to talk!  Yay for this wonderful forum!!! :D

Hugs and prayers,

#190 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:32 AM

Hi all, I lost a couple of days, sorta', and haven't been posting....have been very tired....my positives to add are that I went to my second yoga class yesterday, and then came home and slept for 14 hours! Is such easy yoga...and yet it's such a challenge for my body....I'm sure I'll build up my strength and stamina over time, but gee...there's no way I cld use a treadmill at this point...or walk three miles...or run, like Fishinghat...you guys are my heroes!

#191 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:17 PM

Hi all, I lost a couple of days, sorta', and haven't been posting....have been very tired....my positives to add are that I went to my second yoga class yesterday, and then came home and slept for 14 hours! Is such easy yoga...and yet it's such a challenge for my body....I'm sure I'll build up my strength and stamina over time, but gee...there's no way I cld use a treadmill at this point...or walk three miles...or run, like Fishinghat...you guys are my heroes!

FiveNotions. .Yippeee..You went to your second Yoga class Congratulations. .I wouldn't worry about a treadmill right now because it is sort of funny..Sometimes you become a bit dizzy after coming off one..even if you slow down a while before getting off..Walking is great probably the best exercise for your heart and nerves...I myself stick to exercise programs geared for women..Therefore I go to Curves (about 34 dollars a month..I love it there..In fact when I move I will be closer to one and will go then). Keep up the good work...

#192 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:36 PM

1:26..But on my layers and layers of clothing and went to start my car..extremely cold outside..In the minuses..

Anyway I positively drove down to the bank (drive through) and told myself I could turn this car around at anytime..And I made it there and back...Started to feel better once I saw the drive through line was short..lol lol...Yippee. .I did it...

Once I got back home the workers were waiting in the driveway. .Too bad..lol lol..I told them I had no way of knowing because they didn't call first..lol lol...They are so nice though!

I positively called the moving company and received quotes...I'm on my way to better things..yippeee

#193 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:22 PM

Yay for ya'll! Cheering you on with the positives in your lives!!!! I have many positives too! Too many to list! Hugs and prayers for all on the forum!!!   clara

#194 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:28 PM

I'm positively all packed up and ready for my next pit stop....I'm on my way...yippeeee

#195 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:29 PM

18 beads and counting D...O...W...N......>>>>>>>>>>>>>>'til I will be Cymbalta FREE!!!!!!! :P

#196 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:31 PM

18 beads and counting D...O...W...N......>>>>>>>>>>>>>>'til I will be Cymbalta FREE!!!!!!! :P

Equuswoman. .yippeee...!!! 18 more days..You are so good and have come such a long way. ...

#197 clearglass

clearglass

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • why_joining:
    I joined for support coming and staying off Cymbalta. Also joined to hopefully offer support to others.

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:34 PM

Hello Everyone,

Not having the best week, but I’m understanding myself more again, which is the best part of the week.  (I posted something yesterday morning, but it’s not showing.) 

• TryinginFL, you were so right.  I have to start slow with the treadmill. I’ve been sore in places I never knew existed. Silly me thought I could pick up a little slower than I left off.  I think I’m good to start again tomorrow. In the meantime, I still have the dogs.

• My biggest problem is I suppress a lot of anger, for many reasons, and mixed with the anxiety it’s not a good combination.  The good thing is my Dr. ok’d me to split my 1 mg/per day of clonazepam to .5mg/2 per day. This helps a lot but it makes me tired.  

• Clonazepam is the next and last med I have to wean off.  I have to have a good talk therapist.  Since my best out of 7 died in 2011, it’s been a little hard to really talk.  Which is why the other Dr., psychiatrist (my 1st) put me on Cymbalta and Clonazepam in 2012.  I, the Silly Rabbit should have kept looking for another good therapist.

• I left my therapist this week.  He did something you shouldn’t do to someone who has anger issues.  The positive thing is I maintain control of my anger.

On top of this, life is still happening, as am I. Sorry for my weekly update, I will try to keep a daily moving forward.

Thanks for reading and run in the sun. :)

Clearglass

#198 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:43 PM

12:31..What a positively wonderful night sleep I had after arriving at my next destination. .Haven't slept this good in months and months..I could sleep all day..lol lol..

Made myself a nice cup of decaf coffee and looked out on the balcony (snow will be moving in tomorrow). Thinking of spring right around the corner...Its positively coming...and Im positively feeling at home...

From my balcony view (inside) I'm watching the most amazing people pass by..These amazing wonderful people are doing the American Heart Run Walk! They are bundled up with many layers of clothing and moving forward for this great cause..What a positive purpose they are raising money for...Go, American Heart and Runners and Walkers!

#199 clearglass

clearglass

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:46 PM

Okay, I just realized since I have this topic bookmarked, it's opening on the page I bookmarked.  (I can't wait until I have my brain back, at least most of it :unsure: )...

I'm so happy for you equuswoman. :)

#200 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,896 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:39 PM

Well I actually going to post something on the positive string!! My darling wife suprised me with some home made bread!! Oh guys and gals I think I have dies and went to heaven!! I laying back and watching TV and just smiling.

#201 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:09 PM

Well I actually going to post something on the positive string!! My darling wife suprised me with some home made bread!! Oh guys and gals I think I have dies and went to heaven!! I laying back and watching TV and just smiling.

Fishinghat. .yummy...yummy...Hope you put some butter on the warm homemade bread..Great positive! And it's nice to know you are relaxing...Tell your wife she needs to make more homemade bread so we can see more positives from you..lol lol

#202 Mmeott

Mmeott

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:45 AM

Lol, love it! I am ten days Cymbalta-free and haven't cried in three days! I'm considering that a positive. :). Thanks for the great post!

#203 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:19 PM

Mmeott...Congratulations. .10 days free and and haven't cried in 3 days..yippeee! !

#204 clearglass

clearglass

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:48 AM

Pretty good day yesterday.  Relaxed with my husband; watched old Star Trek movies.  A lot less anxiety.  I also started 15 beads yesterday, so far no extra or worse side effects!!!

#205 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:54 AM

Well, I may have over-dosed on Aleve, but the aches and pains from my second yoga class have subsided...I went for a long walk yesterday....and got back inside just as DC started to get hit with a new rain/sleet and now heavy snow storm....I'm positively ready for spring....and ....my surprise positive for today is that a friend of mine emailed me to say that she's giving away her bicycle and would like me to have it.....I amazed myself by saying "yes"! Now I have as a goal getting strong and healthy enuf to actually use it. :-D

#206 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:56 AM

Yay, FN!!!!! Stay warm and dry! Hugs and prayers! clara :)

#207 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:21 AM

Hi forum friends! I had a wonderful day yesterday! My son brought the grand girlies up! We flew kites, made silly crafts with pipe cleaners, ate lunch, played and played!!!!! I was in hog heaven! Exhausted  and sore last night, but that's good too!!!  God is good and life is good even when it doesn't necessarily "feel" good!  Daily hugs and prayers for all!!!   clara :)

#208 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:46 AM

I haven't disappeared. ..I'm getting organized a bit here in my pit stop..

I positively enjoyed the Oscars last night and

It's positively freezing here and about 1 degrees..burrrrrr

Getting ready to go to Medical doctor this afternoon and going forward with my long overdo physical..

I'm positively greatful for all you wonderful members here on this forum..Thank you all!

#209 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:03 PM

12:56...I made it out of the house on my own and went to purchase some Hallmark cards and then off to the grocery store..Yup I actually went shopping on my own and drove myself...yippeeee.

Yesterday I did go to the doctors (with my son) my blood work was all normal..I'm positively relieved and happy with these results. .My X ray of my hand showed arthritis. .I'm did expect this..Next week I'll be going to the ENT. .

Still positively going forward with my long overdue physical..

I'm positively happy to be alive...

#210 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:52 PM

Congratulations, Carleeta!!  You have done much from going out by yourself to continuing your physical tests!  I'm sure that makes you feel wonderful! :)

Your positive attitude is admirable and I hope to get there soon.. am now in middle of 7th week :unsure:

The last 3 days have been improving - Saturday was the worst I have experienced since the beginning of this nasty trip.  I am trying to be easy on myself and realize (finally)  that plans do not have to be written in stone.  If I feel I cannot do something, I am telling myself it is ok if I don't do it.  (Thanks fishinghat - you hit the nail on the head there!)  Yes, I am sensitive and it gives me an even harder time of it all. :(

You are all so wonderful that I don't know what I would do without you!  Thanks y'all for all of your help and support - and I love reading about your experiences! :D

One positive - had my hair done today - a treat that made me feel better.

Hugs and prayers to all,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users