#2731 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 March 2024 - 08:06 AM

"Coming off any ant depressant how normal is it to develop health / death anxiety ? "

Almost always happens.

"...will it subside as i get farther along in my withdrawal ?"

Thank God yes. The return to normal will be slow but sure.

#2732 LeVana

LeVana

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 March 2024 - 08:46 AM

really slow. too slow. still waiting 😐

be patient.

#2733 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 04 March 2024 - 03:03 PM

Hang in there y'all. 

Your time will be soon...

#2734 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 05 March 2024 - 07:31 PM

Thank you for this. I truly hope you are correct the evidence says you are. I have a nurse who visits with me every few weeks to help with this stuff as well as a social worker and my nurse pointed out i havent had to check in with her for my health anxiety for almost a year. it used to be daily. It is still unnerving and I have had some progress. I am still doing the best I can in withdrawl some days are like going through mud still but getting better.

#2735 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 05 March 2024 - 09:09 PM

That is great AJ... just hang in there. It is so good that you have this help.

Just be grateful that you are not in the UK as we get noting of the sort. Unless you are caught trying to throw yourself in front of a train, you will not get any support whatsoever.

Please do not take this as negative, but please just know that the US has a far greater support system than the UK. 

However, that does not stop me from supporting you. I just sometimes wish that I was living with yourself, Hat and all the others in the US...

Sorry - not having a good day brother. Look after yourself - you have always seen yourself through these times.. head up my brother...

#2736 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 March 2024 - 07:39 AM

AJ, at this point I don't worry about you. You have finally made it through the really hard part. When things get bad just try to take it a little easier and remember that in a few hours or a day things will be better again. Do just what you have been doing, manage your stress levels and when you feel bad lean on your support team. 

God bless.

#2737 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 06 March 2024 - 07:42 PM

AJ, at this point I don't worry about you. You have finally made it through the really hard part. When things get bad just try to take it a little easier and remember that in a few hours or a day things will be better again. Do just what you have been doing, manage your stress levels and when you feel bad lean on your support team. 

God bless.

This is exactly what i have discovered when things get messy for me I just get into self care mode like what am i doing to care for myself and then make it a priority. Thank you

#2738 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 27 March 2024 - 07:05 PM

Update: Been a few months since i have been off had a minor set back a few weeks ago that set off my health anxiety/death anxiety again, however it did not last as long as it has in the past. Even though I am getting better those moments that turn into a few weeks really are tough with the rumination and stuff. I feel that I am in an upswing again so that is good.

#2739 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 March 2024 - 07:11 AM

That rollercoaster dies slowly but you are getting there my friend.

#2740 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 02 April 2024 - 07:19 PM

Having to restart on the Zoloft. I am at peace with that I need to do some more work on my health anxiety before I even attempt to come off again. Had a panic attack on Saturday night have not had one in 4 years and that set off all the other stuff that comes with it. I am starting to think I may just be someone who needs the meds to keep the edge off. My mother,.father, brother, and sisters have all needed meds to get by maybe its a hereditary imbalance. I am still at peace with the decision I dont think i want to go forward living in this anxiety anymore. In any case I am doing all the things I know to try and activate my calm system. Hope all is well with you guys

#2741 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 April 2024 - 06:36 AM

Sorry to hear that AJ but you got to do what you got to do. No shame there.

#2742 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 03 April 2024 - 06:37 PM

As Hat said - no shame from where you come from.

If you feel that will be best for you, then so be it.

I am still trying to taper myself and is impossible to do so, and I still have plenty of anxious moments whilst still taking the damn things!!

#2743 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 03 April 2024 - 06:47 PM

The dr has also prescribed ativan .5 mg twice a day as needed so far i have had to take it a few times anyone have info on this

#2744 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 April 2024 - 05:59 AM

Ativan, aka lorazepam, is a very addictive benzo. Has a terrible withdrawal. Works well BUT the manufacturers say not to use for more than 4 weeks due to addictiveness. Much more info on ebook.

#2745 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 04 April 2024 - 07:26 PM

Ativan, aka lorazepam, is a very addictive benzo. Has a terrible withdrawal. Works well BUT the manufacturers say not to use for more than 4 weeks due to addictiveness. Much more info on ebook.

I have only needed to take a dose a few times this last week. The Dr said if I am only taking .5 mg as needed say at night i should not have any withdrawl issues. Lately I have only been taking it if I cant seem to get myself to calm down because either I take them here or end up getting it given to me in the hospital. Been a tough weeks so far , but I am doing the best I can to keep the stress levels down and relax as much as I can .

#2746 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 04 April 2024 - 08:34 PM

I speak from experience regarding this side of drug....

As you all know I suffer from seizures- well my doctor told me to take a dose every day to "prevent" seizures.

This was absolutely wrong.

Thy should only have been use as and when need - e.g. when I had a seizure.

But now, because I have been on the damn drug for years, I am stuck on it and fear for the withdrawal. This is what the pharma reps tell those in the profession It is not right and can cause so much trouble - and particularly in my case is has.

Tread carefully - your future is not worth it...

IUN

#2747 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 08 April 2024 - 06:45 PM

I speak from experience regarding this side of drug....

As you all know I suffer from seizures- well my doctor told me to take a dose every day to "prevent" seizures.

This was absolutely wrong.

But now, because I have been on the damn drug for years, I am stuck on it and fear for the withdrawal. This is what the pharma reps tell those in the profession It is not right and can cause so much trouble - and particularly in my case is has.

Tread carefully - your future is not worth it...

IUN

I have been doing ok without them so far realzing alot of what I am feeling is anxiety has helped.

#2748 LeVana

LeVana

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 April 2024 - 02:48 AM

But now, because I have been on the damn drug for years, I am stuck on it and fear for the withdrawal.

IUN

yes, the benzo WD is just as hellish as duloxetine and the time for recovery takes months til years, too. in hospital they gave me four pills a day over five weeks. i didn't take it...spat into the sink ;-) i didn't want to risk a second dependency.

#2749 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 09 April 2024 - 05:27 PM

A bit personal but is there a link between stress and hemmroids or fissures? If so what can I do to fix it? As my stress levels go up I feel like like a burning sensation in my exit area if that makes sense. It has seemed to go away when I can relax. Dr had me on 25 mg sertraline for 7 days then up to 50 last night. Had terrible terrible terrible anxiety this morning and all day then towards the end of the day the burning feeling came back on my back side and I am spiraling on it. Its not hard to use the restroom and no constipation that I feel any help please.

#2750 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 April 2024 - 06:49 AM

Stress can increase the severity and occurrence of hemorrhoids. There are over-the-counter meds to treat them that help reduce the irritation and swelling. Drs sometimes recommend hydrocortisone to relieve swelling and irritation as well. Many also use a high quality non-water based personnel lubricant like Astroglide. This provides not only some relief from irritation but makes the hemorrhoids much easier to withdraw into place as swelling is reduced. 

#2751 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 10 April 2024 - 06:04 PM

Was in the ER for 7 hours today my sister in law was over and I was panicking so bad she took me there. I think that 50 mg of zoloft for me was way to much at once.

#2752 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 10 April 2024 - 06:28 PM

They prescribed hydroxazine 10 mg 5 times a day ??????

#2753 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 April 2024 - 07:25 AM

Hydroxyzine can be a great asset. The typical starting dose for anxiety is usually around 50 mg three times a day but I have no problem with starting at this lower dose at all. It has no withdrawal and is very helpful. It is often used here in place of benzos.

#2754 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 11 April 2024 - 07:23 PM

Health anxiety is back as well as death anxiety .. . i belive deep down this is a malfunction in my brain from being overly anxious , however I still am reacting looking for reassurance and my OCD is kicking in. If you pray please say a special prayer for me to recover from this. thank you

#2755 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 11 April 2024 - 08:42 PM

It is a very difficult thing to shift long term....

Please do not blame yourself needlessly. These things happen to the best of us and can creep up on us when we least expect - or need it.

The OCD will not be helping at all, and if I need to be truthful, the best way out of OCD and long term out of anxiety is therapy rather than meds.

Meds will help whilst you get on course, but you need the help long term to prevent it coming back. I still suffer from anxiety, but I have been blessed with the tools from 18 months of therapy (that long!), but it has meant that I can deal with it on my own as and when it returns. 

It CAN be overcome - especially the death issues.

Talk to me brother - I will help, and pray, for you as much as I can...

IUN

#2756 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 12 April 2024 - 07:20 AM

Big issue last few days has been i cant sleep it seems i will fall asleep and I am so so tired my body is tired and after about an hour I bolt up right in sheer panic I dont know why this is happening the first time i was so panic that I didnt know if i was alive or dead or if there was something seriously wrong. last night i went to bed and an hour later i sat bolt upright with sheer panic I am scared and dont know what to do I am afraid because I am so tiired that when i fall asleep i wont wake up anxiety has been at all time high has anyone experienced this last night i took 20 mg of hydroxozine and .5 mg of ativan and still no sleep came

#2757 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 12 April 2024 - 07:30 AM

Big issue last few days has been i cant sleep it seems i will fall asleep and I am so so tired my body is tired and after about an hour I bolt up right in sheer panic I dont know why this is happening the first time i was so panic that I didnt know if i was alive or dead or if there was something seriously wrong. last night i went to bed and an hour later i sat bolt upright with sheer panic I am scared and dont know what to do I am afraid because I am so tiired that when i fall asleep i wont wake up anxiety has been at all time high has anyone experienced this last night i took 20 mg of hydroxozine and .5 mg of ativan and still no sleep came

with that i also become extremely hungry my stomach is like tied in a not but completely empty

#2758 LeVana

LeVana

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 April 2024 - 08:17 AM

since dulox WD i'm hungry, too. my tummy rumbles every night and i have to stand up for eating some snacks. never had this before!!

#2759 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 April 2024 - 12:38 PM

Cymbalta withdrawal causes serotonin imbalance. Serotonin is most common neurotransmitter in the digestive system. Digestive system upset then there is negative feedback through the vagus nerve to the brain and anxiety and fear increases. The increase in adrenaline and serotonin imbalance also causes panic and fear in the brain. Getting the digestive system under control is the key usually. There is an excellent section in the ebook on how to settle the digestive system. Those methods have helped many.

AJ - Been there many times. I used to suffer from IBS and of course experienced the same thing during my withdrawals. Very common.

#2760 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 12 April 2024 - 09:52 PM

AJ - didn't you mentioned that you have gone back on Sertraline? And now your anxiety has got worse? How long ago was ths?

Just because a pill has worked before doesn't mean it will necessarily work again if you have off it for a while.

I also remember going through these "panic wakes" and then you are too scared to go to sleep.

What is your night time routine? Do you do any breathing or meditation? I can make a big difference.

My wife complains that she can never get to sleep, but she is on her phone last part of the evening - really bad idea, then when she can't sleep, she will reach for her phone again.

You are far better off reading or doing something relaxing.

I remember that I got the munchies really badly particularly after I quit drinking. I would need to have a bag of peanuts on me at all times!! And I went though a bag a probably!! But whatever helped!!

IUN

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users