2764 replies to this topic

#2761 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 21 April 2024 - 05:40 PM

When I was in the ER they said I had an Anal fissure not hemmoroids since then I have been obsessing sometimes I dont notice it and I am fine other times I am obsessing over it and think it could mean the worst. I dont know how to cope with this I do know that its a common effect from stress and I have been under a tremendous amount since my 4 or 5 panic attacks. I am trying my best not to spiral out of control so I come here to see if anyone else has dealt with this. Normally I carry all my stress in my upper body but this round it was all in my lower extremeites my legs my butt and my stomach.

#2762 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 21 April 2024 - 07:58 PM

Hey AJ...

I know some like that is almost impossible to ignore, but this usually occurs as a result of bowel movements. I remember a similar thing when I was drinking. It made me really dehydrated which meant it felt like giving birth when I went to the toilet! And seeing patches of blood really freaked me out. 

Fortunately, I have an understanding chemist who recommended the cream which was a miracle, but the part to remain clear on is that this isn't anything terrible and that it happens to a number of people for many reasons - it will ease.

Sorry to hear about the return of the panic attacks. It is never good when these things come back having fought your way through it once already, but the point is that you DID fight throught it, and you will do it again. Hold in there brother - you are doing well to go through this and amazing that you can open about this. You are never alone...

IUN

#2763 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 29 April 2024 - 11:47 AM

Everyday without fail all i can think about is sickness, dying, and only negative. I cannot seem to see the light once again I know that I have been here before , yet I cannot remember how I came out of it. I am still dealing with physical symptoms stomach in knots not feeling like I am digesting my food like I normally would pain in my buttocks and rectum and mild constipation. I know logically all of this can be from Anxiety , and yet I get a rumination on the what if questions. I have been seen by 2 different drs in the last 6 months who have told me I am healthy and fine , yet my OCD tells me what if they are wrong what if I never feel good again. Has anyone dealt with this ? Has anyone had the upset stomach even after the anxiety and panic is gone how long does it last ?

#2764 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 April 2024 - 06:18 AM

Oh AJ, what a struggle. I often had struggles with digestive issues after a major bout of anxiety. It usually slowly faded over a 4 to 6 week period. Hang in there.

#2765 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted Yesterday, 07:51 PM

Hi AJ,

I can't believe that I am here saying this, but unfortunately these things can always come back to haunt us.

I honestly thought that I was out of the horrible anxiety and panic-attack area, but last week, I was doing some computer work for two high profile clients who needed their work done immediately.

The first I managed to drop on the floor and it cost me £225 in repairs as the screen broke and I had to put them off until the parts arrived. The second wanted a new system and of the 8 parts that I needed to build the system, 2 of the parts turned out to be faulty, but it took so much time and effort and exchanging parts to diagnose. At the same time, the client was asking why it was taking so long. I had spend so much on parts that turned out to be fault and the client wanted to take the work elsewhere as it was taking too long which meant I would loose close to £600. 

I was so scared and stress. I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep and I ended up order food to be delivered to my home as when I went to the grocery store, I broke out in a cold sweat and nearly passed out. 

I really understand how these things happen. 

Fortunately, I have come out the other side, but I am still trying to get to the other side of my panic and anxiety even though the stress is over.

It will do the same for you - I know it will. Everyone in this day and age goes through some sort of mental health problem, but we see it much worse as we have been there before and worry that it will have come back to stay. But you need to tell yourself that it is a normal part of life. So many people suffer as we do - in the the UK, it is 1 in 3 people - it says a lot. But knowing that you are not alone helps a lot.

Keep in touch with people that you know go through the same things like us here, and it will help you to carry on and you KNOW it will all clear up in the end given time - honestly, it truly will...

Take care and God Bless...

IUN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users