894 replies to this topic

#571 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 01 February 2019 - 03:49 PM

So I took the ashwagandha and suntheanine this morning when I woke, and I thought I would have a bit of a snooze. Two hours later... I woke up again! This was welcomed however. 

At this point I felt mildly lethargic, but my depressive mood soon took over. I have felt a little relaxed and sedated over the last 8 hours from this, and not noticed much in the way of stress and anxiety. Early days.

The downside is that it did something very strange to my depression. Rather than it being active and me fighting it, it made me very passive to the point that I just don't care - but not in a good way. Not in a good place at the moment, so maybe not the best day to review. I did have depression come on yesterday, so I cannot blame the ash and theanine for this, but obviously not sure if I should be taking it whilst more depressed than anxious. 

#572 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 01 February 2019 - 08:09 PM

Hello Scrat,

On January 28, you wrote that aswaganda was ruled out. Check that out. I've been reading and it seems that suntheanine is a more easy one than Asw. Waiting for Einstein to update on his Ash or suntheanine.

Sleep well our beloved Scrat. Lovage

#573 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 February 2019 - 10:01 AM

Thanks Gail - it is a thinker this one.

I have woken up today feeling very stressed again, but meditated for a while and realised what has been going on. My problem is my thought processes...

Because I have had the adrenaline problems for so long, it reinforced the thought that there is some chronic issue here. I am weak, I am shaking, I have difficulty working for long periods of time. Then when this reached around 4 weeks, it started to really get to me. The psychological symptoms strengthened. The strength of them has come about because I am applying to same thoughts to them... I am not going to get better. This is holding them in place now. It is a black/white process. So I feel stress coming on, or depression coming on, and there it is - its not going to get better and it escalates to catastrophic. This is why i wanted to get on top of this adrenaline thing before it got to this stage.

I have had the same level of stress, anxiety, depression before, and thought "well, this is normal for waking up - it'll pass as the day goes on" and it does just that. But now I see it with a different light of "it may well pass as the day goes on, but it always comes back the next morning and therefore, it will never go away". So what is perhaps only a 5/10 becomes a 9/10 because I cannot see it getting better - and then it doesn't get better during the day because I am focusing on it ALL the time. 

It worries me that I am now too late. I cannot control my thinking any more. 

Really don't know what to do with the ash/theanine situation...

#574 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:27 PM

I am not winning this battle.

My depression hit hard yesterday. Woke up and started shaking today, and the slightest thing sets off my anxiety. This stirs the thoughts of never getting better, and there is the depression. I then get a text about a computer I repaired which has gone wrong, and I start getting really stressed. It is all too much. I just don't know which way to turn. 

My only question is about these shakes, Hat. Is it not possible that this could also be a side effect of the Lexapro? Just seems odd that they can be there at any given time. But even knowing this isn't going to help me any further. But after 2 months on Lexapro and I am feeling so lost and helpless, it is not a good sign.

#575 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 03 February 2019 - 01:56 PM

Hello sweet Scrat,

It ain't easy, as they say! Two months allready on ! lexapro.

Now, what if it's from Lexapro? This is possible. Shakes are one of the side effects.
Or is it the withdrawal from Duloxetine?

The question is // is there any improvement?

Fishinghat, could it be time to switch to Zoloft? Don't worry Scrat, it's just a switch with no tapering needed. I think that it should have been the first choice, Lexapro is just a bit more effective than Celexa to which you no longer responded.

Of course, the situation can bring turmoil and fear and all the negatives. It takes nerve to try antidepressants one after the other. But it's the only way to find the good one. And man, after 7 or 8 trials for myself, I remember feeling the same as you did. Defeated, fear but kinda hopeful.

I care for you Scrat, if any of the above doesn't fit you just pass to the next post.lovage!

#576 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 03 February 2019 - 01:57 PM

Just to update. I was starting to feel suicidal again, so I went for a walk with the wife. My legs were giving way walking down the stairs, and about 5 minutes into the walk, I got a wash of depersonalisation - almost out of body. I needed to lean on the wife for support and my vision was going blurry.

I made it back now and in bed. Drinking water but feel very spaced out and cannot concentrate

#577 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 03 February 2019 - 02:00 PM

Thank you Gailage. I really hope that what I am feeling at the moment has something to do with pills... I really feel like I am going strange.

#578 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 February 2019 - 02:28 PM

"Is it not possible that this could also be a side effect of the Lexapro? Just seems odd that they can be there at any given time. But even knowing this isn't going to help me any further. But after 2 months on Lexapro and I am feeling so lost and helpless, it is not a good sign."

You are right. It is not looking good for the Lexapro.

https://www.ehealthm...o/side-effects/

Most common side effects over time *:
< 1 month:
Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body)
Suicidal ideation
Vomiting
Suicide attempt
Completed suicide (act of taking one's own life)
Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
Weight decreased
Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body)
Vision blurred
Grand mal convulsion (a type of generalized seizure that affects the entire brain)

59,014 people reported to have side effects when taking Lexapro.
Among them, 4,248 people (7.2%) have Depression

#579 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 February 2019 - 03:09 PM

Hey IUN. Are these events happening at a particular time of day?

#580 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 03 February 2019 - 04:16 PM

Ironically, the suicidal feeling has happened at the same time for the last two days, and at around 90 minutes or so after taking the Lexapro. It then seems to dissipate after an hour. The shaking in my hands is there quite a lot of the time now - without feeling anxious. My legs are obviously worse when I tense up.

But I put this down to the sort of time that I take for all the stresses to hit me when I wake. That said, I was unusually tired for the last two days, and I was snoozing for a couple of hours before waking, during which I didn't feel at all bad. In fact the first hour I woke today whilst snoozing, I felt good...

#581 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 February 2019 - 04:48 PM

Yea, I think it is a good chance it is related to the Lexapro. You mentioned that the suicidal thoughts happened around 90 minutes after taking the Lexapro. Try taking the Lexapro at a different time. Say at least 2 hours earlier or later and see if the suicidal thoughts are still 90 minutes after the Lexapro.

#582 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 03 February 2019 - 04:50 PM

That's what I was thinking. But even if they are from my thoughts (or the withdrawal), the lexapro really should be doing more after 8 weeks.

I really don't know what to do for the best - even if reinstating the Citalopram is an option as I at least know they didn't give me any problems.... I don't know if I could face another set of possible side effects by going on another medication

#583 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 03 February 2019 - 05:18 PM

More specifically Hat... although they are the same thing... 

https://www.ehealthm...m/side-effects/

Top two for post-first month;

1 - 6 months:
  • • Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body)
  • • Suicidal ideation
  • • Somnolence (a state of near-sleep, a strong desire for sleep)
  • • Vomiting
  • • Weight decreased
  • • Weight increased
  • • Suicide attempt
  • • Hyponatraemia (abnormally low level of sodium in the blood; associated with dehydration)
  • • Loss of consciousness
  • • Neutropenia (an abnormally low number of neutrophils)

#584 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 February 2019 - 06:39 PM

What's next after Lexapro and will you have more withdrawal when you come off of it!!??

#585 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:45 PM

I have no idea Hat. But all that I know is that I am fed up. I have just had a nice long soak in the bath, fed and sat next to my lovely wife who has just made me a cup of herbal tea.... and all I can notice is my damn shaking. 

When I was ill-informed to stop Citalopram cold turkey 18 months ago, admittedly I had anxiety come back, but I also had hives, itching, stomach problems, a misdiagnosed ear problem... Ever since I had a near fatal car accident 13 years back, my health has been a source of anxiety. What kicked off my mental health problems wasn't just quitting cold turkey, but all the screw ups that the doctor made at the same time... and he made plenty of them. This as good as turned into PTSD rather than a simple relapse.

Fast-forward a year when I go on Duloxetine and I have my GI issues, then withdrawal... the rest you know. 

The longer these symptoms go on, the worse I will become, and it is this that is keeping the non-physical symptoms going. 

I honestly think my best step is to either ween off the Lexapro armed with all the supplements I can muster, or switch back to Citalopram and ride out the storm knowing that it will pass (given that I know Citalopram does not give me any side effects). I am tired of second-guessing what may or may not be causing all these symptoms - inevitably this only adds to the anxiety and depression.

I know you will all stand by whatever way I choose, but I value your opinions so very much. I think this is quite a crucial point for old IUN....

#586 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 February 2019 - 09:58 AM

Well sir, Going back on the Citalopram may provide little benefit as historically each time you use the same ssri/snri it is of less benefit. On the other hand I don't have any other options.

#587 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 February 2019 - 11:51 AM

OK IUN. I was just reading some of your old posts and it sure seems like the citalopram did not do anything for you at all. Maybe Zoloft would do better? What do you think?

#588 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 04 February 2019 - 12:52 PM

I woke and didn't take my Lexapro, and I wasn't too bad at all for three hours. But apprehensive and kept looking at the time.

Then when I went to leave the flat for my first appointment, I went to pieces as soon as I set foot in the car. Anxiety hit me so bad. I was shaking, dizzy, tinnitus. I braved it out, but it is still there after 2 hours. Now home for half hour and have taken my Lexapro. 

I just do not know what to think anymore. Saturday was suicidal, Sunday was falling over when I tried to walk and shaking all day, and now this. 

I called the mental health team and I got the usual fob off. I cannot just change my meds without their say so as they hold the prescription pad. All I have is 2 weeks of Lexparo and about a month of Citalopram.

All I can say is that I had 70-75% good days on the Citalopram, and now that just seems like a dream that once happened. 

Surely I shouldn't be feeling this bad and with all these physical problems after 8 1/2 weeks on Lexapro??

#589 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 04 February 2019 - 01:05 PM

I am beginning to think it is the effects of stopping the Citalopram. It didn't happen when I switched to Duloxetine as I was never off Citalopram for more than a few days.

Bloody hell. Full body shakes now. Really don't know how I am going to work. I'm really scared guys.

#590 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 February 2019 - 02:25 PM

Likely Lexapro

You can wean off the Lexapro and see if things improve
You can switch to a different ssri (Zoloft?)
I don't know what else to say.

P.S. Sounds like Lexapro side effects but who can say. One way to find out is to go to 20 mg on Lexapro for a few days and see if it gets worse.

Don't you just love medicine?

#591 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 04 February 2019 - 04:08 PM

Thank you Hat.

I have come home following a relentless panic. But it doesn't matter where I am or what I do, the panic is there. I am still in the middle of it now and taken another valium. My head is spinning, I cannot eat - all I can do is drink water. My whole body is shaking and I feel paranoid.

I honestly can say this cannot get worse - I don't want to try 20mg. I think I need to go back to Citalopram and stabalise. 

Or should I just go down to 10mg Lexapro??

#592 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 February 2019 - 04:33 PM

Scrat,

Going down to 10 mg makes sense. Try it.

I was wondering if you were really in need of antidepressants! Hasn't this thought cross your mind?

Lovage, Gailage

#593 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 February 2019 - 05:38 PM

You know that is a good idea. Going down to 10 mg may not cure all your problems but it will be enough to help if this is Lexapro side effects. Smart thinking. I bet you will feel better.

#594 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 04 February 2019 - 06:40 PM

Consider it done as of tomorrow. 

I just had a non-epileptic seizure which lasted for just over an hour. Had medics again who pumped me full of valium until it stopped. In so much pain. I just couldn't stop my arms and legs from moving...

I just feel my anxiety has increased 10-fold, but I am not doing anything to make it so...

#595 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:35 AM

Hello Scrat,

This episode just confirmed the fact that Lexapro is not for you.

After so much hope, deception comes rolling in. I don't know what to say, good thing you didn't go up to 20.

Who knows, maybe 10 mg is just enough, or too much. !ovage my sweet Scrat. Hang on to the mast, somehow somewhere, you will find what you need. Hang on to Hope. Prayers for you!

#596 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:21 AM

Thank you Gailage.

I have woken feeling very broken. Taken 10mg of Lexapro and my Suntheanine... See how it goes.

Might be a case of taking some time off now.

#597 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:29 AM

Yea, it might take you a couple days to know what effect this will have.

#598 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 05 February 2019 - 05:13 PM

Early days, but I felt much better today - and I do mean much better. I really picked up during my first appointment. 

I also took my ashwagandha along with the suntheanine and 10mg Lexapro. 10pm now and still relatively calm.

See how it goes...

#599 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:32 AM

Scrat,

How you deserved to have a good day. A relief for all of us. Thank God!

Take it real easy, with love, Gail

If I'm right, you are used to taking the ash, aren't you?

#600 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:15 AM

Thanks Sid...

Had a good sleep following that too and some pretty dreams which were really welcomed. I feel blessed for these 24 hours.

Taken the same cocktail of 10mg Lex, Ash and Suntheanine...

Will report back - and yes, really really need to take it easy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users