#781 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:34 AM

Thanks Gailage.

Hat - one for you Sir... as I am trying to get to the bottom of this ongoing dizziness. It first came on 2 weeks after dropping the 5mg of Lexapro - cleared up - and then came back with a vengence a week ago, which was 2 weeks after starting the 10mg Citalopram. 

The issue is that it is not letting up and really affecting me. The way I see it, I have three options;

1. Put up with it and hope it clears soon.

2. Start back with Omega 3 and ACV to see if this helps.

3. Move doses 12 hours apart to see if interaction is causing the dizziness.

What are your thoughts?

#782 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:47 AM

1. Put up with it and hope it clears soon. (I like it)

2. Start back with Omega 3 and ACV to see if this helps. (You also might try meclizine, it has helped a lot of members).

3. Move doses 12 hours apart to see if interaction is causing the dizziness. DON"T SCREW WITH YOUR SSRISNRI!!

#783 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 19 March 2019 - 11:52 AM

LOL... I was wondering about 3. myself... But it is plausible - especially with me. Maybe I will put it to the p-doc and ask him if I should report back if it doesn't clear within a couple more weeks.

Meclizine is an H1 antagonist - so courtesy of my sensitivity, this is out, unless I want a pulse of ~180bpm... Need to stick to natural based stuff.

Got nausea now in the middle of first work appointment. Will the madness ever end!!! Grrrrrr

#784 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 March 2019 - 12:41 PM

Well at least the ginger should help with the nausea.

#785 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 March 2019 - 12:49 PM

FYI

Members have reported using lavender and/or peppermint essential oils to relieve dizziness.

24 members have developed bad dizziness during withdrawal due to low blood sugar. Next time a wave of dizziness comes on try something sweet. It takes sugar 10 to 20 minutes to help.

#786 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 19 March 2019 - 04:17 PM

Thank Hat - yes, got the nausea covered with nice strong ginger tea. 

I'll dig out my diffuser later and I'm sure I have some lavender. I'll give that a go.

The sugar was the first thing I tried, but to no avail. All this said, I got on with the day and bought home the proverbial bacon...

#787 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 23 March 2019 - 05:40 PM

Update for the IUN is in....

The long and the short is that I have had a really good week. Aside from the odd wobble, I have really enjoyed working, grocery shopping, study... Even had three mornings when I woke up and actually looked forward to the day. Now I haven't felt like that in a long time. This is very comforting.

There may well be more ground to cover as I am little bit under the weather today as a rogue stomach issue is bringing back Cymbalta memories, but lets see how it goes - but for now, a big leap in the right direction. 

Couldn't have done it without you guys - love y'all.

#788 juli

juli

Good Friend

• Site Supporter
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 11:12 AM

I know what you mean IUN.  It really is a PTSD.  I can't come on here very often because it trully is some sort of trigger when you remember how bad it was.

I am so so happy that you are feeling better.

#789 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 March 2019 - 11:49 AM

There has been a few papers written on that subject. They concern how some patients who never had a mental health issue but took Cymbalta for pain had exceptionally bad withdrawal and were left with long-term anxiety over the experience.

#790 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 24 March 2019 - 12:41 PM

It is very much like PTSD, but for someone whose to biggest health anxiety triggers is vomiting and passing out... the chronic dizziness and severe stomach pains is just not giving me a chance. 

I've written this day off, and although it does worry me that the dizziness has been around for 2 weeks now, I need to keep some positivity. Just wish I could be sure of what was causing it.

#791 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 24 March 2019 - 02:35 PM

Hello my favorite Scrat,

Does that dizziness relent? You said that you had a pretty good week, and good for you mate!

During that good week, was it present? Does it vary in intensity? Curious mind wants to know sweet Scrat, lovage!

#792 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 24 March 2019 - 03:44 PM

Hey Gailage....

Yes, it has been there all week - and the week before. It does vary in intensity - Monday last week was the worst when it started, and it has been up and down ever since. I was hoping it was improving, but horrible again today. Eased off a little after four hours. It is very difficult to ignore, but a third week of it will finish me off... People just don't seem to understand... dizziness... so you feel a bit wobbly. Fine for a day or two, but every day... it gets you down in the end.

Brave face Scrat... could be worse...

#793 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 24 March 2019 - 04:45 PM

Thanks brave Scrat for answering.

Exactly what I wanted to know. Having a rough time here also.

Don't we just wish that this ends once and for all?

Let's make a deal, I pray for you and you pray for me. Love you to the moon!

#794 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 24 March 2019 - 05:17 PM

You really have been through it Gailage. I have continued to pray for you in the knowledge of the last two weeks. You are right, it is just exhausting. I had a fantastic week and really needed a good rest, but alas, my system had other plans! But at least it was a Sunday and I didn't have any commitments.

See you soon on the moon my sweet :D

#795 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 24 March 2019 - 08:09 PM

Speaking of the moon, I watched the movie First Man today on my flight. It was about Apollo 11 and the moon landing. I cry during sad parts in movies these days, I suppose that means that part of my brain is working again.

IUN, I wish you were feeling better!

#796 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 24 March 2019 - 08:49 PM

Thanks Kathy... Had myself a bubble bath and nice dinner to bring some comfort.

Emotional displays are a good sign of a working brain - especially the bits targeted by AD's. Definitely a good thing and good to know you have arrived safely. Hop the next 3.5 days of work go well for you!

#797 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 March 2019 - 05:14 PM

So... updating from the drop a word chat. Doc diagnosed labyrinthitis yesterday and gave me prescription for prochlorperazine 5mg. Doesn't have the best reputation for what currently ails me.

Had a nasty wave of dizziness and crippling nausea around 3pm. Let it do its thing to see if it would clear, and at 5pm I threw the towel in an took a pill, and....

...it did squat. Nothing. Nada. Max dose is 10mg, so I might give another go, but holding out little hope.

Again, feeling nauseous when you have anxiety fed from thinking you will be sick in the presence of others is not easy to maintain. Three days now. I'm trying to hold it together. Still did a half day of work that I had scheduled for today. Thanks to God for getting me through it to pay the bills...

#798 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 March 2019 - 05:25 PM

Boy that sure sounds like a stomach issue rather than labyrinthitis. One dose will not cure it but you are right it should have made a noticeable difference around 1 or 2 hours after taking the dose.

I still say Zantac. lol

#799 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 March 2019 - 05:38 PM

It really does, Hat. I agree.

Thing is, I don't have vertigo. I can walk just fine, it just feels "drunk" - from what I can remember of that. One would assume that an ear infection would infer balance issues. I just don't know. 

I am still not completely convinced about the AD's not having some involvement. Either way, I am going to get some Zantac...!!

#800 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 March 2019 - 05:43 PM

Bought the Zantac. Just missed Amazon cut-off, but will be here Thurs morning.

#801 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 March 2019 - 06:10 PM

Free for all

The idea is to keep the level of liquids, in the back of your head. These exercises do help and only time will get you through.

I had it for one year, but I felt it only when I put my head on the pillow.

My mom had Meuniere, she walked like a drunk person, holding herself to the wall while walking.

Is this the word game?

#802 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 March 2019 - 06:29 PM

Not the word game - is my thread!! My own fault for discussing in both areas!

I have done the exercise twice today already, and will do again a couple of times before bed. 

Thing is, when people show it done online, they all say that when you lay, and when you turn your head, to wait for the dizziness to settle, but I don't feel it. I think the notion of dizziness can be quite subjective. I think a lot of people mean vertigo when they say dizziness. I don't feel like the room is spinning or the floor moving (vertigo), I feel light-headed and a sense of imbalance and unsure on my feet when I walk, which is what I understand to be dizziness. I tried to make this clear to the doctor - as dizziness is synonymous with AD's, whereas vertigo is not nearly as common (although still seen with AD's).

#803 Infinity

Infinity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 10:30 AM

Nice job, i remember the first day off of this poison it felt amazing, yet horrible at the same time.

#804 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 27 March 2019 - 01:33 PM

unless you go from one poison to another!

#805 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 28 March 2019 - 05:30 PM

For crying out loud... why did I take three of these things...

"Prochlorperazine may cause depression or make the symptoms of depression worse. If you have depression or a history of depression, discuss with your doctor how this medication may affect your medical condition, how your medical condition may affect the dosing and effectiveness of this medication, and whether any special monitoring is needed."

#806 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 March 2019 - 08:53 AM

Scrat,

From the look of it, depression has worsened? Temporary as you know.

FYI, haven't touched the RX, I don't think that I will.

Most medication can worsen depression, as you know. This will pass Scrattage, prayers for you.

#807 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 29 March 2019 - 05:19 PM

Sorry for silence guys and good to hear from you Gail. I woke to insane dizziness, had a fall and couldn't stop being sick. Now in hospital awaiting scans and tests. Will probably be in over weekend. Also forgot my meds so really not feeling good. Stay strong Gail. Love you...

#808 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 March 2019 - 06:52 PM

Oh I see! It's your turn for a vacation. You will be well taken care of, I'm sure!

I'm happy Scrat that you are in the hospital, we will finally know what's bugging you ot what bug is bugging you. I hope you can update from there. Thanks for the good words, Scrat you are my one and only Scrat so take care.

#809 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 March 2019 - 02:12 PM

I'm home guys... and was subject to typical English care system. First doctor said potential stomach ulcer and wanted x-ray, and also CT scan for balance. Bloods came back fine - so that was at least something. I had waited 7 hours for first doc, then another 5 hours for next doc, who agreed with tests and said they would be done overnight. 8am next morning with no sleep courtesy of a very noisy ward with a guy with tourettes (bless him), and wife on the floor with my jacket as a pillow. Then 11am new doctor said it might be the evening before x-ray. Then 2 hours later came back and discharged me saying he doesn't want to do tests!!

So still horrible stomach pains and dizzy and none the wiser as to what is  going on. 

Best part was that we forgot our AD's and despite asking so many times, we didn't get anything. So I was 48 hours+ between doses!!

Sigh....

#810 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 March 2019 - 03:10 PM

What a test of patience. Stomach pains. I really think you need that zantac old friend. Give it a try. The recommended dose is 150 mg twice a day. I found it took about 2 or 3 days to abate the stomach aches. I know you want to start low and work your way up so you will need to be patient.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users