Photo

Feeling Suicidal. Not Sure If I Have Any Options Left.

• Please log in to reply
1636 replies to this topic

#901 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 04:58 PM

My stomach pain has been really bad today and had me in tears earlier. I really don't know what is going on. I don't want to take a Lansoprazole as it made me feel so bad the other day. Really don't know what to do anymore. I can't wait until I see the consultant!

How's your shortness of breath now Lyla?

Polly

#902 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    It's really difficult finding support for conditions like this. There's really nothing at a local level so the internet is pretty much it.

Posted 30 January 2020 - 05:17 PM

Sorry to hear that Polly. My shortness of breath is pretty bad today. My withdrawal symptoms are really bad today as well - I'm assuming from the famotidine but I think FH is right and I'm hoping it won't set me back for long. I find that cutting out pretty much all carbs really helped for me with the stomach pain. I pretty much just eat different meats, fish and veggies. I seem ok with rice cakes as well. 

Have you had a gastroscopy? Maybe an abdominal ultrasound would come in handy as well. 

#903 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 05:26 PM

I feel your pain Lyla. Mine have been pretty bad today. I burst into tears earlier over something really minor. It's like my body can't cope with anything at the moment!

I had a gastroscopy a few months ago and it showed hyperplasia (soreness) in my oesophagus and a small polyp in my stomach- but nothing sinister. I am having an ultrasound on 14th February and seeing the consultant the week after. I am 9 weeks off Cymbalta and things seem to be getting worse, not better.

Really hope tomorrow is a better day for us🙏

#904 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    It's really difficult finding support for conditions like this. There's really nothing at a local level so the internet is pretty much it.

Posted 30 January 2020 - 05:26 PM

FH as I just mentioned, I'm feeling really crummy today withdrawal wise. I've had the heart pounding since the famotidine. Strangely, I had a good day yesterday and felt pretty good withdrawal symptoms wise but today it hit me hard. Could it just be a delayed reaction from the famotidine affecting my duloxetine dosage? Really hoping this isn't going to be a big setback. I know we're all different but is there any reference as to how long it takes to rebound from missing a dose for a day? 

Thanks

#905 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 January 2020 - 06:19 PM

CBD has quite a long half-life - around 30 hours or so - therefore, feeling effects a few days after is perfectly normal - again depending on dosage, But some people can be very sensitive to it. 

Does sod all for me now. I did experiment with some stuff that I got for my Dad - it helps with his Parkinson's. He has a full spectrum 15% backed by 3rd party certification. I took a full pipette's worth... around 3ml. Left it under the tongue until most went, then washed the rest into my gums and cheek lining. Still did nothing for me apart from leave a very nasty taste in my mouth!!

#906 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,896 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 January 2020 - 06:36 PM

There is no hard scientific data on how long to recover from any symptom in any type of withdrawal. Soooo little research on withdrawal. It takes the blood levels 3 days to stabilize after a change in Cymbalta dose but I expect your dose effect was small (at least that is what is indicated) so I wouldn't think it would be very long. To complicate things this could just be a normal rollercoaster issue and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Isn't science wonderful?

#907 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 31 January 2020 - 09:05 AM

Hey Polly. It can take some time before you feel better. I highly recommend keeping a very strict diet during this process to help with symptoms. Have you taken a ppi? We are very sensitive during this time so supplements, other meds etc will only make us worse. The only way to treat it is with the proper diet, good sleep and time.

I found this...

Shortness of breath, also called dyspnea, occurs with GERD because stomach acid that creeps into the esophagus can enter the lungs, particularly during sleep, and cause swelling of the airways. ... Such airway damage can affect breathing by causing coughing or wheezing.

#908 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,896 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 31 January 2020 - 09:34 AM

True Lyla, but if the acid is seeping into the lungs you WILL have coughing and probably wheezing. If you are not coughing then this is more than likely not the issue;

#909 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 10:08 AM

Hi Lyla

I saw that on the internet too but I think that's in it's worst form and I'm not wheezing - just finding it hard to take a deep breath. I tried Lansoprazole but it made me feel worse.

I am only taking Silicogel to protect the lining of my oesophagus as the endoscopy showed damage. I need to protect it so I felt this was the best natural way to avoid taking the PPI. I'll let you know how the Silicogel goes.

Polly

#910 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 February 2020 - 10:30 AM

Hey Polly

I know every time I say this I just jinx myself but my terrible digestive issues seem to be getting a little better, although it's too early to tell. I'm going to give it a few more days before I can give a true reflection if this works or not. The only real difference I've made is drinking my green elixir every morning  :lol: . A lot of people with digestive problems and acid reflux swear by drinking 16oz of celery and cabbage juice every morning on an empty stomach. I bought a fairly inexpensive juicer for about $80 but it works pretty well. Even if it doesn't work, I figured that maybe I'm getting some extra nutrition in my diet anyway so I'm not losing anything out of it. Sounds crazy but could be worth doing some research on Dr. Google about it. If it does indeed work, it took me about 4 or 5 days to start seeing a difference (if this keeps up).

#911 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,896 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 February 2020 - 01:15 PM

Celery contains a lot of flavonoids

Kitty - I also got three chinese herbal meds from the doc. Boswellia complex, Ligaplex 2, and Evergreen neck and shoulder chronic. Btw, all these meds are natural esp, Boswellia complex (main ingredients; turmeric powder, ginger, and celery seeds/ roots)

brzghoff - i later found a recipe that doesn't use coconut or cherries but does use avocados, celery, cukes, basil and jalepeno with a buttermilk dressing - all served over arugula. i thought that sounded great but i dont know if anyone else would like it. definitely not traditional.

Cabbage contains oxalic acid which can cause depression.

There were no comments from members about eating cabbage during withdrawal.

#912 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 01:16 PM

That's great news Lyla! I may have to try that if the Silicogel doesn't work. It feels like I have an ulcer as it's so sore behind my breastbone. It feels like an infection and could be candida again, as I've had it before. Am going to see the doctor on Monday to see what he thinks and, maybe, get some antifungal medication. Am also going to ask if I can have another endoscopy. Will keep you posted.

So pleased you are feeling better.

Polly

#913 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 February 2020 - 03:42 PM

Polly

The only caveat is that an overload of vitamins and minerals from juicing might be setting off my withdrawal symptoms. Those are getting a little worse but that's hopefully very temporary so not too worried. However, I really do think this is working. It took about 4 or 5 days. I went for lunch today and was able to eat bread again without any stomach pain or reflux symptoms for the first time in weeks. I didnt wake up to my throat being on fire or ear pain for the first time either.

What are your symptoms now exactly? You have to do what you feel is right but please dont take meds based on guesses. I know it's hard when we're desperate to feel better. Meds often make us worse though, especially in withdrawal. If you're new to withdrawal then stomach issues are the most common symptom - you just have to wait it out. Changing your diet is the only thing that might help. I've been at this for 3 years now (benzo and cymbalta wd) so I feel like I've seen it all and been a guinea pig for what not to do in wd. You'll be ok, it just takes time.

#914 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 05:51 PM

My main symptom is burning behind my breastbone (at the bottom of my oesophagus). It is worse after eating and worse when I'm hungry. I am sure there is some sort of infection as if I wake up during the night I have a lit of pinkish mucus that I have to spit out (sorry for the gross details)! It's not every night but I had this before when I had candida in my oesophagus and it cleared up after I took antifungal medication. I also feel randomly hot, then cold, like I am going down with a fever. Is this part of withdrawal, or is it related to whatever is going on inside? The doctor knows about it, that's why they have referred me for a scan and to see the consultant. The breathing thing is definitely related to this. It may not be withdrawal still and could be an infection - I just don't know at the moment. I obviously won't take medication until something has been confirmed. My diet has been really clean for months now so I am cleaning it up even more.

I really hope your improvements continue.

Polly

#915 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,896 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 February 2020 - 06:32 PM

Hey Polly, I just posted a new article under Medical Support about treatments for heartburn/GERD.

#916 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 06:50 PM

Thanks Hat. I've just been having a read. Very interesting. Thanks!

#917 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 February 2020 - 10:05 PM

Polly it sounds like you might have bad reflux that could be causing esophagitis. Ive had the pinkish phlegm. Withdrawal often gives us sinus issues as well which could also be the cause of your problem. Sounds like you might need an upper and lower endoscopy.

The hot and cold feeling is common in withdrawal. I assume this has to do with our crazy hormone imbalances. Do you check for fever?

#918 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 08:56 AM

Thanks Lyla. I've mentioned the hot and cold feeling to the doctor before and he checks for fever but I never have it.

So today I have terrible pains in my upper and lower stomach😫. I had beef last night and I think it has made things worse. I have the Acid Watcher diet book so am going to follow that to see if I can find some relief. I have just been shopping for lots of veg, and the fruit he recommends. How do you make your cabbage and celery drink? Do you cook them both first? I have a liquidiser so could I use that? I am going to boil some cabbage and drink the water🤮. I'm not a fan of cabbage but will try anything to heal my stomach and get rid of the pain!
Thanks.

Polly

#919 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 February 2020 - 05:01 PM

I just use a juicer. I also have the acid watcher diet book but to be honest I dont really think it's very good. It seems like it's more for people that have commom everyday mild acid reflux. Fruit, for instance, would absolutely kill me right now! Any sugar does. Definitely stay away from supplements, vitamin c (even esther c) etc. Its difficult to find foods that are alkaline outside of veggies. I'm going try living on egg whites, potatoes, veggies and chicken for the next few days and see how that goes.

Do you notice your abdominal muscles are tight or do you tighten them a lot? Have your symptoms only started since withdrawal?

#920 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 05:12 PM

Thanks Lyla. My abdominal muscles are tight and I know I hold myself tense so I'm probably making it worse 🙄.

How's your shortness of breath now?

Polly

#921 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 05:14 PM

My ears are also blocked and I feel congested. Sorry, I meant to say that the stomach problems definitely ramped up in withdrawal. I did have a sore oesophagus before, but nothing like it is now.

#922 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 February 2020 - 06:34 PM

Polly how long have you had reflux for?

I know it's so difficult and I'm like the pot calling the kettle black but stress also makes it much worse. Also causes gastritis. I'm starting to wonder if I should also avoid meat altogether as its acid forming in the stomach. Doesnt leave many options though for food.

#923 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 02:46 AM

I've had it for about 3 months now, so just before I stopped Cymbalta completely. How is your shortness of breath now?

#924 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 February 2020 - 08:34 AM

I've had reflux for about 15 years but it's been really bad since December. My shortness of breath is better but I'm quite discouraged because my ear and throat pain is back with a vengeance. Might have been something I ate.

#925 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 09:12 AM

Oh you poor thing, it's awful! My ears and sinuses feel permanently congested. My stomach pain has gone today but I have a sharp pain in the left side of my ribs a d breathing is still not right.

I'm going to have a chat with the doctor after work. Will let you know what he says.

#926 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 February 2020 - 09:18 AM

Ugh doctors!

Ya it's been so bad that for 3 years now I havent been able to drink hot drinks or even eat hot food. Unfortunately, I can't get off cymbalta and you cant mix ppi's with it so ya. I'm kinda screwed! Doesnt appear to be any natural remedies to this thing. You basically have to stop acid to production to repair yourself but how do you do that naturally when you have to eat?!?

#927 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 09:25 AM

I know what you mean, it's so limited. Have you tried Slippery Elm or DGL Licquorice? They are both good. Do you ever get a sharp pain in the side of your ribs(almost under the arm).

#928 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 February 2020 - 09:30 AM

Those supplements will both set us back in our withdrawal though, especially concentrated licorice. After realizing that there virtually isnt a supplement out there that wont make my withdrawal worse, I threw them all out last week and was more than happy to do so. If it wasnt for supplements, I would be in a much better place.

After my benzo withdrawal, I constantly had the sharp pain under my ribs for about 2 months.

As a last ditch effort to get rid of my problem, I might try a juice cleanse for a couple days. It's really the only thing I havent tried. The constant reflux ear pain is the absolute worst symptom I've ever had.

#929 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 10:05 AM

Oh OK. Thanks for the reassurance about the sharp pain. I haven't had ear pain, just feeling like both my ears are blocked 😫. It feels like this is never going to end! Do you get pains in your lower stomach?

#930 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 12:13 PM

Hi Lyla. The doctor said he definitely thinks I have gallstones because of the pain I'm in when I eat certain foods. The scan will be able to detect them if I have. He also had a look down my throat and thinks I could have the candida back so has given me a course of antifungal, which I am happy about as they have worked for this before.

As far as my ears and sinuses are concerned he thinks it is rhinitis so has given me a nasal spray and referred me to have my ears syringes.

He has also given me Ranitidine for the reflux, which worked before, but has been out of stock because of a manufacturing problem. It's back in stock so I have some of them too. I'm going to try them for a week as it is so painful that I think I need them to initially repair the damage. Will let you know how it all goes.

Polly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users