Photo

Feeling Suicidal. Not Sure If I Have Any Options Left.

• Please log in to reply
1636 replies to this topic

#1291 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    It's really difficult finding support for conditions like this. There's really nothing at a local level so the internet is pretty much it.

Posted 09 April 2020 - 04:41 PM

I feel terrible right now. I guess this was expected but I didn't expect to feel so bad from taking the herbal protocol. Feel like death. I really hope I can dig my way out of this setback and it not be years long. Also, that I'll actually heal from SIBO from these antibiotics and this not set me back for no reason.

I'm supposed to take Flagyl along with Rifaxmin but Flagyl is nuclear on the nervous system. I'm hoping the rifaximin will kill enough bacteria so that my reflux isn't as bad anymore and that I wont go right back to having the reflux again when I stop.

#1292 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 April 2020 - 05:06 PM

I agree with IUN

#1293 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    It's really difficult finding support for conditions like this. There's really nothing at a local level so the internet is pretty much it.

Posted 11 April 2020 - 08:10 AM

So yesterday I didnt feel amazing but i had a pretty nice window. I even went for a short bike ride. It gave me some hope although I'm feeling pretty crummy again today. Woke up with a wicked headache - hoping that's just a side effect of the antibiotics.

#1294 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 April 2020 - 09:15 AM

Hang in there Lyla. Better times are coming.

#1295 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 April 2020 - 08:27 PM

The reflux has come back 10 fold. I dont know why. I stupidly had a clif bar before bed the other night. I never eat that stuff but its hard to imagine that's what did it alone. I think the antibiotics are working against me now. I need to get off this damm cymbalta so I can take a ppi but I dont know how. Is there some kind of drug for cymbalta withdrawal? What can I do guys? I need to get off of cymbalta and it cant take years to do it.

I'm thinking about taking the fast acting ppi tomorrow - the one that set me back so hard in October. I'm all out of options now.

#1296 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 April 2020 - 09:47 AM

You are at the peak with the antibiotics killing the bad bacteria at this point. There are large volumes of endotoxins in your circulatory system and at this point I think you need to force fluids to help flush these out of your system and that will also help dilute the acid in your stomach. How many more days of the antibiotic do you have left to take?

#1297 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 15 April 2020 - 10:41 AM

So I tried all the natural remedies to unblock my eustachian tube and they didnt work so I tried a nasal spray with oxymetazoline and it did the trick. Ear pain gone temporarily. I need your help guys in looking for interactions with duloxetine. I read that it can cause your heart to go faster etc but cant find anything working on the same liver enzymes or anything. I think it made me feel crappy.

#1298 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 April 2020 - 03:00 PM

It is an alpha-1 agonist, a vasoconstrictor which may raise blood pressure. Half life is around 6 hours.I can easily see it causing and increase in anxiety.

https://www.drugs.co...de-topical.html
Interactions for Oxymetazoline Hydrochloride
Does not inhibit CYP isoenzymes 1A2, 2B6, 2C8, 2C9, 2C19, 2D6, or 3A4/5. Not an inducer of CYP isoenzymes 1A2, 2B6, or 3A4.
Minimally metabolized by hepatic microsomal enzymes in vitro.

#1299 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 April 2020 - 03:03 PM

Interactions between your selected drugs
Moderate
oxymetazoline duloxetine
Applies to: Afrin (oxymetazoline nasal), Cymbalta (duloxetine)

Both DULoxetine and oxymetazoline nasal can increase blood pressure and heart rate, and combining them may enhance these effects. Talk to your doctor before using these medications, especially if you have a history of high blood pressure or heart disease. You may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications.
Drugs.com

#1300 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 15 April 2020 - 05:57 PM

FH k so it's a blessing with a sting! So it wouldn't impact the absorption at all then? It takes care of my eustachian tube blockage and ear pain but makes my heart pound, vision blurry and gives me anxiety. Unless its the oil of oregano capsules I'm taking. Definitely feeling anxious and out of it today though. Think it will be short lived?

#1301 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 April 2020 - 09:04 AM

I would say very likely from the oxymetazoline. The lalf life is around 6 hours so should fade fairly quickly.

#1302 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 April 2020 - 12:40 PM

Thanks again FH. Feeling pretty good today minus the typical sore throat and ear pain. Other than that, my withdrawal mental and physical issues are pretty good today. Again though, I'm running out of options again before I push the nuclear button and start taking a quick acting ppi again.

Some last ditch attempts before I do so, I'm going to try a special blend of probiotics. Also, going to try a full elemental diet for a few days. I need to block acid somehow from forming! Can you guys recommend any good natural prokinetics that don't affect 5HT? I'm thinking of taking magnesium citrate before bed every night but worried about how that would affect me. Do you guys know of any interactions with mag citrate?

#1303 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 April 2020 - 01:43 PM

"Can you guys recommend any good natural prokinetics that don't affect 5HT?"

Good luck on that one. lol Anything that effects the GI system will effect the 5HT receptors.

Magnesium should not be taken unless a blood test shows it is necessary. It causes diarrhea in most people. Often found in diarrhea drinks. Magnesium, in excess, can cause anxiety. Magnesium citrate will effect the absorption of most meds including Cymbalta.

#1304 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 April 2020 - 03:22 PM

Really? How would magnesium affect absorption? Is that all types of magnesium, including oxide and biglycinate?

#1305 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 April 2020 - 04:02 PM

Both magnesium and calcium affect absorption and it is recommended that neither be taken within 3 hours of any medication (some drs say 2 hours). They affect water absorption in the stomach and intestines as well as bonding to many of the CYP enzymes.

#1306 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 April 2020 - 05:55 PM

Maybe if I take low doses it would be ok. I dont know anymore :(

#1307 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 April 2020 - 08:02 AM

Why do you think you need some magnesium?

#1308 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 April 2020 - 08:44 AM

I need some kind of natural prokinetic as I'm about to come off the antibiotics. Prokinetics help keep sibo in remission.

Yesterday I felt really good overall. Today, despite having a good sleep, I feel insanely tired. Not sure if its die off or what but I cant move. Just unbelievably tired.

#1309 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 April 2020 - 08:49 AM

The die off typically causes bad fatigue. When do you take your last antibiotic?

#1310 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 April 2020 - 05:04 PM

I have 3 more pills, last one is tomorrow afternoon. I'm going to be doing some more tests in a couple weeks. I might need to take fluconazole as well which works on the same liver enzyme as ppi's but doesn't show any drug interactions with cymbalta whereas the ppi's do for some reason.

#1311 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 17 April 2020 - 05:48 PM

Lyla you are the exact embodiment of what I have been saying for years... you have to become your own health expert if you are to be cured in this day and age...

#1312 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 April 2020 - 08:28 PM

IUN, tell me about it. I feel like a damm lab rat most of the time! If I can cure myself of this, it will be the biggest feat I've ever pulled off. I think I'm getting closer to finding a solution to all this. 

#1313 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 18 April 2020 - 08:10 AM

If I can cure myself of this, it will be the biggest feat I've ever pulled off. 

Agree completely. But it can be done. Just a shame that so many of us have to thread that path.

The Lord knows I have been there, but then looking at my dear brothers Hat and LDN... there is inspiration right here where you need it, and that is what is keeping me going through this nightmare lockdown at the moment.

#1314 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 April 2020 - 12:07 PM

I just have to make it out of this alive. We'll see if my body can handle all this constant sickness and stress. Sibo is a terrible condition.

#1315 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 April 2020 - 02:36 PM

FH ginger appears to have an effect on motility. Wonder if this might be a safe natural aid.

#1316 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 April 2020 - 03:55 PM

You know I am not sure but you can give it a try. Will dig into that a little deeper.

#1317 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 April 2020 - 01:20 PM

Ok so it's been one day since I stopped the antibiotic and my reflux is still better but I feel absolutely miserable. Terrible brain fog, anxiety, nausea but worst of all I'm soooooo tired I cant even move. What has happened here? Is this the antibiotics affecting absorption or maybe just that the antibiotics and herbals killed my good bacteria?

#1318 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 April 2020 - 01:45 PM

Yes, the antibiotics and herbals killed the good bacteria as well. You need to get on a low dose probiotic right away to get those good bacteria off to a good start, You should feel better after 3 or 4 days on that.

#1319 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 April 2020 - 08:04 AM

Ok I'll take a probiotic today but I wanted to wait until I did my stool test tomorrow. They said to wait 3 days but I'm sure 1 day won't make much of a difference. The trick is to know which probiotics to take. I need to find some that wont contribute to overgrowth of the small intestine. I think soil based ones dont.

#1320 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 April 2020 - 08:40 AM

I have been led to believe that the source is less important than the dose. I have seen some subjective reports that a 30 billion dose for the first three days after antibiotics is completed and then 15 billion there after. I wouldn't think the source would really matter as a lactobacillus is a lactobacillus no matter where you get it from. In fact I would think that a lab cultured one would be purer and with last risk of contamination.  This is just off the top of my head though. I will check into that later in the day. Interesting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users