Bead Counting Tapering - New To Me So All Advice Welcome!

• Please log in to reply
513 replies to this topic

#301 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,223 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 19 May 2019 - 09:40 AM

You do that NM. I know distraction isn't the right method long term, but sometimes it is called for. 

#302 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2019 - 02:56 PM

Thanks Gail and IUN. Means a lot. Bless you xxx

#303 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,223 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 19 May 2019 - 04:33 PM

Hope you are doing OK... It is an end to a tough week. Nothing seems to have gone quite right!

I'm sure you feel the way I do at the moment - like you have been dragged through an emotional bush backwards... and then back again. I took my Valium too earlier. Fell asleep and woke up feeling i had been lobotomised... No idea what happened there.

Will be sending prayers your way this evening dear NM. Take care xxx

#304 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2019 - 04:51 PM

Och bless you, sweet IUN. You’re such a trooper. You really are. Sorry you’re in the pit too. I haven’t fallen asleep but am about to take my third Val before bed. Been a horrible day with my body pain equalling my mental pain. Still, the Vals have taken the sharper edges off that hedge! Hope things simmer down for you, chickpea. Thanks for the prayers, dear soul. Hope to send some your way too. God bless xxx :) xxx

I can’t sign out of the site for some reason. Any ideas? :(

#305 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,223 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 19 May 2019 - 05:55 PM

That has been a real tough one for you today. Three valiums too - that is the problem, they do not last very long - or at least they don't for me. As Hat said, about an hour or so, and that's my lot. But they are ideal for emergency anxiety moments. Well, at least your order turns up tomorrow! You should have a tracking number to follow it. Occasionally they have been a day behind, so if it doesn't arrive tomorrow, don't worry too much, it will be there Tuesday. But most of the time it is the next day. Great service. 

Why you can't sign out? Simple answer - we don't want you to :D :D

Er, what is it saying when you try to log out sweetpea?

Really hope that tomorrow sees something brighter for you. Much light and blessings... xxx

#306 LDN

LDN

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 975 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 09:20 PM

Just popping in to say so sorry NM about your difficulties. I'm also so sorry for your loss. It hurts me to hear. Remember even on the most grey day you know that your face will one day soon feel the warmth of the sun. I feel life is throwing so much at you right now. It often seems to be like that, things all come at once. I admire your bravery and positivity in face of such pain. Remember those wonderful birds in your garden! That really moved me reading that post, as I love birds, so small some of them yet with a voice of angels. Everything will be well, that is not in doubt!

Sending so much love to my spiritual guide. 

God Bless 

#307 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:44 AM

Notmyself,

Right, we don't want you to go! Hope today is better!

Where you live, do you have Benadryl tablets? These are better than benzos for anxiety. Pop two Tylenol with it and off you go to lalaland. Love

#308 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:42 PM

Hi IUN. Lol I don’t want to sign out permanently or anything, but noticed I’m the only name always signed in. I followed the instructions and signed out then when I went to sign in again my email afresh was in the box above my password instead of my username so I corrected it and signed in. The whole point was that I could just click in and out but now when I tap the sign out icon nothing happens!
Anyways, enough of that tech stuff I don’t understand! Am still very low but the half life of the three Valiums are still there. My order arrived and I took what you suggested and felt no effect so will try more again in a few more days. Am just getting through life one moment at a time and that’s fine. Am so exhausted though. Can’t get enough shuteye. But thanks for all your help and support. It’s so kind of you. I just hope today’s been good for you and you can chill with your wife, sunbeam :)

Hi London! Thanks for all your kind and wise words. You are just as much a guide as anybody! Never forget that! A very wise and old Welsh man once told me ‘always stand in your own spiritual authority. Never think for a second that everything that is needed for full spiritual blossoming isn’t right inside you.’ Of course we can all guide each other, but the true guide is within us all. I’m so pleased to read of your Tesco escapade! You’re doing so well on many levels. It’s a joy and inspiration to read of your progress. We’ve just had a downpour in Scotland and the blackbirds are singing like angels, as you say, accompanied by wood pigeons with their compelling, oddly poignant, calls. Yes, the beauty is back but am so very tired. I did sleep last night but could’ve done with sleeping round the clock! Much love and blessings, sweet soul :)

Hi Gail! Thanks for stopping by with your help and advice! I’ve had Benadryl before but unfortunately it gave me nightmares so it’s not for me. I really appreciate your help though. More importantly, I’m hoping that you’re recovering from your op and the pain is easing. I know you live with it all the time and your depression is severe, but am praying today is a day of Grace, a day where the pain of body and mind are lifted by God and you can feel the healing light course through you, Lion Soul :)

Thanks everybody for all your kindness, thoughtfulness and caring. Will be lighting candles and incense in a while to pray and meditate for us all, not just here on this wonderful forum, but for everything that’s living and in need of love. God bless all xxx :) xxx

#309 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,223 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 20 May 2019 - 04:06 PM

PM coming your way NM... Sunbeam! My Mum used to call me that when I was younger :)

#310 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,899 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 May 2019 - 04:39 PM

IUN, you were named after a mixer? Maybe she was trying to tell you something. lol

#311 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,223 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 20 May 2019 - 04:47 PM

I prefer to think of a nice historic Lotus...

https://www.historic...-sunbeam-lotus/

#312 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,899 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:24 PM

I think I would prefer a Sunbeam mixer. That is a real ugly car. 

#313 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:38 PM

Sunbeam mixer for me also! Real ugly!

Thank you NM, no anxiety but staying near my bed. A few tears here and there. Pain tolerable.
Pleasure has disappeared from my life though, and that, I find hard. it is what it is.
You guys keep me afloat, thank you all

#314 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,223 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:46 PM

Was anything produced in the 80's anything less than ugly?! :)

Gailage - you have my every sympathy, my awe and my love.

#315 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:15 PM

Sorry can’t like all of the above as out of them now :( but you do make me laugh! My paternalGrandad called me Sunbeam and I always loved it. At the time, to me it was a beam of sun so no cars lol! And Hat, let’s face it, I called IUN a contraceptive device not so long ago - and seemed to get away with it! :D Think I’ve just outed myself on that. When I was called Sunbeam, it would’ve been in the 60s so don’t know what was around then. Glad no anxiety’s plaguing you, sweet Lion Soul, and the pain tolerable. I know, when life feels devoid of pleasure it can be debilitating. But never forget the love you have. Not just for others, but for God. Does it feel like a pleasure? Don’t worry if it doesn’t all the time but I bet it does shine here and there throughout the day and night. Sometimes it can be so quick it’s tricky for us to notice! But don’t doubt it is there amidst everything else, sweet soul.

Sending you all love and healing blessings xxx :) xxx

#316 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:25 PM

Out of likes!

Other's love, God's love, that made me smile! Thank you for the reminder. Not all is lost.

Contraceptive device?? Never read that. Scrat, elaborate if you want!

#317 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:27 PM

I’m glad, lovely soul. It’s never lost, even if we aren’t experiencing it :)

#318 LDN

LDN

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 975 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 11:01 PM

What wise words that Welsh man said to you. As I said to Gail in another post as Jesus said 'The kingdom of God is within you' (Luke 17:21). 

I love that wood pigeon coo, something about it, I can't put into words! It's just strangely comforting and soothing. I just love bird song, one of my favourite things in the world! Just gone on youtube and had a little listen to the blackbird song, wonderful! Thank you God for nature, how magical it is! 

I hope beauty finds it way to you today! You are so brave and strong. I will be praying for you and your wonderful, beautiful soul!

Love and God Bless 

#319 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:47 PM

Yes, there’s beauty today, folks. It’s always there but we veil it with our thoughts. The blackbirds are singing and the wood pigeons are cooing. The latter always take me right back to my earliest memories :) I doubt IUN noticed my typo re the accidental ‘name calling’ lol but Hat made me laugh about it! :D

Glad everyone seems a little more easier in themselves, myself included. Have been very quiet today and reading Ramana Maharshi which always recovers me. There’s so much to be grateful for. Today, just ten seconds of blackbird song makes life shine like the jewel it is. Forever exhausted though and could sleep for an aeon!

Prayers and candle/incense lighting for all later. Love and blessings xxx :) xxx

PS my typo was IUD instead of IUN :D

#320 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,223 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:13 PM

What did I miss with this name calling?! There's probably quite a lot you can get passed me at the moment. Hopefully the brain will be back in its rightful sponge bag soon...

I'm proper lost o_O

Wonderful that you can see the beauty of nature and can give so much pleasure. I am sure you'd feel differently with all the bloody seagulls down here though. Fine if you are out of town, but having them outside your windows 24/7 is no picnic I can tell you. No idea why they are a protected species either, there are thousands of the blighters. And how they continuously hit my car when they have a crap is beyond me. 

I would do anything to swap nature environments with you NM!! :)

#321 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,899 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:59 AM

Don't worry about being lost IUD. It happens to all of us.

:o

#322 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,223 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:52 AM

I've found IUD... shocking!! But I am a bit big for that procedure!

#323 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,899 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:45 PM

It could indeed be stressful.  lol

#324 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,223 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:21 PM

for me, or the... er, patient?

#325 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,899 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:43 PM

I thought you would be the patient!!

#326 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:47 PM

Hat, you’re so naughty, and IUN, you’re the wrong gender, never mind size lol! Have to stress it was a typo and NOT deliberate. Glad you’ve seen it now as was wondering when you would :).

Stressful day after a poor night’s sleep. Took melatonin but it didn’t have much effect except for warming up my tootsies (anyone else experience that?). Maybe the dose was too small. Have just had a shower and feel warm for the first time today. Tomorrow’s to be warmer, I think. Had a lie down at teatime and enjoying the last of the blackbirds’ song. I can tell you’ve been much harassed by the old seagulls, IUN! They can get a bit fierce but I do love their cheek. Easy for me as I don’t see that many of them.

Am hoping the day’s being gentle on everyone, at least as much as can be expected. Am lighting my main candle now and some incense. Much love and blessings dear souls xxx :) xxx

#327 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,223 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:44 PM

LOL - Hat's not naughty, he's just hilarious :D :D

How much melatonin did you take? And did you have trouble staying asleep, or getting to sleep?

Do feel sorry for you being all the way up north where the colder weather will bite for longer in the year. We had a nice toasty +18C down here.

#328 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:53 PM

Think you’re right there, IUN! I couldn’t get to sleep and took about .25 ml so probably not enough. I did get to sleep eventually but it took about an hour which isn’t usual for me even without melatonin. Lucky thing with the warmth! Am bracing myself for going out for vittels tomorrow but it must be done! :(

#329 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,223 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 22 May 2019 - 05:33 PM

Yes - you can up that to 0.5ml without much of an issue. The Bourneo K will certainly send you off to sleep. People use it a lot for insomnia.

Wishing you well for the 'moro. But the anticipation is often far worse than the event as you well know. Doesn't stop one feeling very uncomfortable however...

#330 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,899 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 May 2019 - 05:36 PM

We are at 29C right now here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users