Bead Counting Tapering - New To Me So All Advice Welcome!

• Please log in to reply
513 replies to this topic

#361 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 25 May 2019 - 07:00 PM

So did I. They just popped into my mind! I savoured the walnut first before ‘going in’ to the whip! Ah, happy days! Enjoy your bath and a read, smartie. Much love :)

Me too!!! According to the wiki entry, one walnut whip is eaten every 2 seconds!! 

Don't think I could eat it that fast :)

#362 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2019 - 07:49 AM

Really? Where are they? Didn’t even know you could still buy them! :)

#363 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 May 2019 - 07:59 AM

Oh yes - they are still available all over, including Amazon, but are very expensive. Best is to buy bulk - 36 whips for £20!!

https://www.hancocks...uk/walnut-whips

Did you know they no longer have the walnut on top??

#364 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2019 - 08:02 AM

Well I haven’t seen them in an actual shop or supermarket. Amazon lol! Wow they’re dear! How can they call them walnut whips if they haven’t any walnuts? Just an eejit’s query :D

#365 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 May 2019 - 09:16 AM

Well it was all over the news a few months ago that the cost of walnuts has sky-rocketed, so nestle had stopped putting them on to reduce costs??

In a bit of a trap here today. Woke with horrible head pressure/fog/ache. Lovely weather and everyone outside enjoying it and I can't do squat. Now the hotel opposite is piping music onto their patio, and then Salvation Army has set up and the two are competing and I am getting this horrible mix of the two. It is really setting me on edge - I can't stand it. Got my plugs in, but the low frequencies travel. Arrrgghghhh - someone take me away from all this noise and illness!!!

#366 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2019 - 09:28 AM

Oooh missed all that amidst brexitbrexitbrexit! You poor soul. The noise can be traumatic but glad you have your plugs. Any chance of taking something soothing?

The manic neighbour noise goes on unabated but I must accept. Have just seen new fledgling sparrows wing trembling to persuade their parents to feed them. It’s so cute. Feel a bit queasy and no appetite but mustn’t complain. Tis cold and damp but typical for Scotland, especially if it’s a bank holiday weekend. Hang on in there, gob stopper. This too will pass. Much love :)

#367 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 May 2019 - 10:12 AM

Yeah - she has resigned!! No surprise really. Big waste of time and effort - we could all see this day coming.

Doing my best to hang in there. Shame about your weather. I wish it were raining here so it would put pay to all the noise! Och - I sound like a right grumpy git! Not by choice I tell you, if my head were better screwed on I would consider going to my parents garden for some respite...

Indeed these things pass - and thank you for reminding me sugar lump :)

#368 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2019 - 11:12 AM

Another inspired use of the ‘och’, curly wurly :) It’s ok if you feel grumpy! Just wish I could switch off all noise with some sort of switch and filter through the sounds of the wind, birds, donkey, horses in the field beside me etc. Now THAT would be technological progress in my book! What do you reckon to the Apple air pods all the young folk are wearing in offices? Would they help? Are you far from your parents’ haven? Tis never too late to go, pumpkin seed :)

#369 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 May 2019 - 12:39 PM

Getting the hang of this "och" now!

The noise has stopped, so far less jittery, but head is still on the warpath. Really don't like it as I am still a prisoner and feel like I am letting life pass me by having been indoors all day. I frequently have these thoughts - the old perfectionism which leads to depression. Should be out visiting some National Trust site or something, having an afternoon tea or a picnic etc... 

Apologies - don't want to bring the mood down! Weekends can be difficult - not aided by the fact that I have no work tomorrow either, so a second day like this is concerning, but hope head will be better...

#370 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2019 - 02:51 PM

Don’t apologise, mars bar. Noise is the bane of modern life and we’re not built for it so be kind to yourself. Perfectionism is a double edged sword so try not to get caught up in it. As for going out, why not make a flexible plan for tomorrow with Mrs IUN? You’re not working so instead of dreading that, have an idea of something you might like to do. Depending on weather, think of somewhere you could go that wouldn’t be too much for your wife. Bearing in mind it’s a public holiday, try for somewhere that won’t be too crowded. Maybe you could both pop over to your parents’ and if it rains it won’t matter. Just a thought, apple pip. Am thinking of taking a holiday to Borneo meself. Much love :D

#371 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 May 2019 - 04:07 PM

LOL - holiday to Bourneo!! 

I have just popped over to Malasia myself, and is a lovely visit! Completely got rid of my head fog! Breathing the fresh air and loving every minute of it!!

Yes - a visit to parents and maybe a walk in the surrounding countryside might be called for. It will be out of the way of the rat race. I'd like to give the car a much needed bath as well, but this will depend on physical goings-on. We'll see. What will be will be.

Very much looking forward to hearing how your bank holiday monday turns out :)

#372 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2019 - 04:18 PM

Yay! Glad you decided on Malaysia and it’s just what you hoped for. Good plan for tomorrow but don’t beat yourself up over washing the car as you only did it last week, chucky egg. My friend’s likely coming to Borneo too! : )

#373 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 May 2019 - 05:51 PM

Malaysia is a nice place! And I know I only washed the car last week (well remembered!), but you are forgetting about the seagulls!! :(

#374 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2019 - 05:54 PM

Giggling like mad at the seagull messages but so happy for you Malaysia’s the place to be :D

#375 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2019 - 12:58 PM

All I can say, dear friends, is thank God for the wonderful sanctuary that is Borneo xxx :) xxx

#376 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 27 May 2019 - 02:45 PM

Hurrah!!

So glad to hear this! Unfortunately I have got something very nasty going on in my head, so I am not sure what can help at the moment. Woke up with bad head pain/fog and then got really dizzy and dancing eyes. I got myself out and to a friend, but after a while something really bad hit and came home while I still could. Had something similar during Cymbalta withdrawal, but that was much earlier on, not 6 weeks after last dose. Very scared at the moment and doing my best to distract....

#377 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2019 - 02:52 PM

Oh no!!! Sounds awful, sugar plum. Dancing eyes? Must be dreadful. Am watching Springwatch and it’s relaxing. What if you were to have a bath, maybe a Valium? Remember, whatever’s happening now will change soon. It has to. Law of the Universe. Try to relax into the fear, milky bar. Sending you lovely love, healing peace and blessings, sweet soul xxx :) xxx

#378 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 May 2019 - 03:14 PM

You really need a blood pressure cuff IUN.

#379 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:05 PM

NM - ocular myoclonus is the name for the eyes. Started - along with the seizures when I tapered off the Cymbalta. It is nasty. Been quite a few weeks since seizures, and around 3 weeks since the eyes. Not as bad as it was during Cym withdrawal, but I really do not want it all over again.

Hat - Had a quick look at what is available with some good reviews and think I will opt for this one;

https://www.amazon.c...,aps,158&sr=8-3

#380 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:12 PM

No, I bet you don’t want it all over again, IUN. The seizures sound particularly scary. Praying this is the last of it for you, butter bean. Hang on in there. Xxx :) xxx

#381 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:34 PM

Looks good IUN.

#382 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:43 PM

All I can say, dear friends, is thank God for the wonderful sanctuary that is Borneo xxx :) xxx

Too bad that we can't have that sanctuary in Canada yet! Enjoy!

#383 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:45 PM

Seriously, Gail? No way of purchasing? :)

#384 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 27 May 2019 - 06:01 PM

We've already been down this route NM.... is a shame for our Gailage.

Thanks for your support - been a rotten day, and after such a good few days. Confidence had started to come back... so let's hope tomorrow brings something a bit more favourable.

Hat - thanks for opinion - I'm off to order it.

#385 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2019 - 06:34 PM

So sorry, Gail. If I’d known, I wouldn’t have gone on about it so much. Love to you, dear soul xxx

Praying that tomorrow is indeed brighter and you can feel at ease xxx

Hope all’s well on your side of the pond, Hat, and the weather isn’t too intense xxx

Time for bed. Night night and much love, everyone xxx :) xxx

#386 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2019 - 06:36 PM

Sorry, second line’s for you, sweet IUN. Way past my bedtime xxx :) xxx

#387 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 27 May 2019 - 06:41 PM

Bless you NM - sweet dreams!! x

#388 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2019 - 05:56 AM

Twenty four years ago today my dear, sweet Dad passed away. I give thanks for having the privilege to be shown such an example of love, kindness, fortitude and wisdom in action. Dad, I love and miss you, but so appreciate your frequent visits through my dreams. Be blessed, content and peaceful wherever you are. You will always be very much treasured and loved.

Everybody, let’s celebrate all our loved ones who have gone on ahead. Maybe light a candle, some incense, say a prayer, sing a song, read a poem, play some music, or go deep inside to where a God lived in the still depths of our beings. That’s the place where there is no separation xxx :) xxx

#389 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2019 - 01:09 PM

*God lives* (autocorrect :()

#390 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 28 May 2019 - 01:25 PM

My thoughts for you today NM - such anniversaries are days to remember the wonder that was the person. Glad to see you follow the same protocol. This is what those who have passed before want us to be doing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users