Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

Wow Jnine you really pushed yourself today. I'm sorry you are paying for it dearly now though. Sorry if my input wasn't very helpful. Was trying to think of things I would ask and say. But LMK how it goes for sure. We were supposed to get snow but got a ton of rain and freezing drizzle for a bit. No snow yet. It's cold as hell though and I HATE it!! Hoping all the rain doesn't freeze and make the roads icy. Oh and I hate to bring up another med idea but what about prednisone for the swelling? Not a long term med but it does work wonders! And I never had any side effects from it. It worked awesome for my swelling and was even given it for my nasal swelling. Bummer is last time I asked for it was told no...of course. They probably don't make much off of it lol. But you are on it for a short time period starting off strong then lower.

Any way I just popped back on because Ive had some strange symptoms lately that I keep forgetting to mention. I really really need to piece all this together but any how... I must have had 5 bottles of water and my mouth and throat was dry as hell. As soon as I had a pop it was fine. Makes no sense. I also been noticing that sometimes it feels hard to swallow things. Or it will go down hard and burn kind of like. Almost like when you swallow wrong ya know? I need to look that up as it seems like that was one of the side effects but can't remember for certain. Just wondered if anyone else has had that at all?

#452 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:08 AM

Wow Jnine you really pushed yourself today. I'm sorry you are paying for it dearly now though. Sorry if my input wasn't very helpful. Was trying to think of things I would ask and say. But LMK how it goes for sure. We were supposed to get snow but got a ton of rain and freezing drizzle for a bit. No snow yet. It's cold as hell though and I HATE it!! Hoping all the rain doesn't freeze and make the roads icy. Oh and I hate to bring up another med idea but what about prednisone for the swelling? Not a long term med but it does work wonders! And I never had any side effects from it. It worked awesome for my swelling and was even given it for my nasal swelling. Bummer is last time I asked for it was told no...of course. They probably don't make much off of it lol. But you are on it for a short time period starting off strong then lower.

Any way I just popped back on because Ive had some strange symptoms lately that I keep forgetting to mention. I really really need to piece all this together but any how... I must have had 5 bottles of water and my mouth and throat was dry as hell. As soon as I had a pop it was fine. Makes no sense. I also been noticing that sometimes it feels hard to swallow things. Or it will go down hard and burn kind of like. Almost like when you swallow wrong ya know? I need to look that up as it seems like that was one of the side effects but can't remember for certain. Just wondered if anyone else has had that at all?

Truckp., the dryness of the mouth is a typical effect of an AD, it's one of the "anticholinerg" effects. Difficult swallowing belongs to it too. I researched it and found a very good article about "dry mouth" in a medical journal - they say that if it gets worse your doc has to make sure it's really only the antidepressant. It can also be paradontitis, a bad infection or food poisoning. The symptoms of the latter made me a bit suspicious because if you're poisoned by food you get impaired vision (your dizziness??) and vomiting/sickness. On the other hand, both (impaired vision and sickness) are another side effect of ADs.

Jnine, I'm so sorry that you're feeling bad now. Yes, it was to be kind of expected but hey, it might have gone well, too. What are your plans now? Are you going to wait for the bad feeling to go away or will you go back on a mini-dose? Brain-zaps, gosh, how horrible. If you can, lie down and do yourself something good. A hot water bottle, some tea, cuddle up. We're here if you hit the crying stage, sister :) x

#453 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:36 AM

Truckp., the dryness of the mouth is a typical effect of an AD, it's one of the "anticholinerg" effects. Difficult swallowing belongs to it too. I researched it and found a very good article about "dry mouth" in a medical journal - they say that if it gets worse your doc has to make sure it's really only the antidepressant. It can also be paradontitis, a bad infection or food poisoning. The symptoms of the latter made me a bit suspicious because if you're poisoned by food you get impaired vision (your dizziness??) and vomiting/sickness. On the other hand, both (impaired vision and sickness) are another side effect of ADs.

Jnine, I'm so sorry that you're feeling bad now. Yes, it was to be kind of expected but hey, it might have gone well, too. What are your plans now? Are you going to wait for the bad feeling to go away or will you go back on a mini-dose? Brain-zaps, gosh, how horrible. If you can, lie down and do yourself something good. A hot water bottle, some tea, cuddle up. We're here if you hit the crying stage, sister :) x

Yeah I typically have dry mouth due to "all" the meds I am constantly drinking something but this was diff. Esp when the fact I was drinking so much water. I remember when I first started the C it was really bad. IDK how to explain how diff this was though. It was like the more water I drank the worse it got. Thank you for the info. I will look into it more to be sure it's not something else going on. Didn't sleep very good last night. Woke up after a couple of hours. Did have some strange dreams.

#454 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

Had to share some of these. I'm sure we have seen some of them before.

Cymbalta withdrawal - Edema Peripheral – The abnormal build up of fluids in the tissues of the ankles and legs causing painless swelling in the legs, ankles, and feet. If you squeeze the swollen area it leaves an indentation on the skin for a few minutes.

Cymbalta withdrawal - Esophageal Stenosis Acquired – The tube that moves food from the mouth to the stomach narrows.

Cymbalta withdrawal - Hypertriglyceridemia – Too many triglycerides in the blood.

Triglycerides are three fatty acids bound together in one molecule stored by the body and available to create high levels of energy when used. (mine came back high last blood test)

Cymbalta withdrawal - Increased White Blood cell Count – This is an increase in the number of cells in the blood that are responsible for the removal of bacteria and other unwanted particles. They fight disease and infection by enclosing foreign particles and removing them. An example of a disease that would increase white blood cell count would be Leukemia. (again, mine are always high in blood tests)

Cymbalta withdrawal - Mania – Unusually irrational, excessive and/or exaggerated behavior or moods ranging from enthusiasm, sexuality, gaiety, impulsiveness and irritability to violence.

Cymbalta withdrawal - Mood Swings – An emotional shifting as from a state of happiness to a state of depression for a period of time.

Cymbalta withdrawal - Nasopharyngitis – Irritation, redness and swelling tissues in the nose and the tube leading from the mouth to the voice box as well as the tubes leading to the ears. (BINGO)

Cymbalta withdrawal - Pain in Extremity – A painful feeling in the legs, arms, hands, and feet.

Cymbalta withdrawal - Dysphagia – Trouble swallowing or the inability to swallow.

mbalta withdrawal - Dehydration – An extreme loss of water from the body or the organs of the body as in sickness or not drinking enough fluids.

And of course many many many more.

#455 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

Well I went to the New Doctor today & yup she is young/fresh. She has set me for an xray & ulltra sound on my foot tomorrow. I am not sure about seeing her for my back issue though. She stated that she would refer me to a pain management clinic and does not prescribe pain meds, I have to think about it. I had planned on going to work before by appt and then going back to the office but neither of those happened. Since stopping the cymbalta on sat the zaps are awful and sooo tired. Abit weepy Tina, found myself going from angry to crying. So I just slept in got up at 7am went to the appt and came straight home. Fell to sleep on the couch and now have to start thinking about dinner. I dont f/eel much like eating these days either but hubby has too. I mean things sound good and even look good but when I go to eat them YUCK!!!

I hope you all have had a good day?????

#456 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

Well I went to the New Doctor today & yup she is young/fresh. She has set me for an xray & ulltra sound on my foot tomorrow. I am not sure about seeing her for my back issue though. She stated that she would refer me to a pain management clinic and does not prescribe pain meds, I have to think about it. I had planned on going to work before by appt and then going back to the office but neither of those happened. Since stopping the cymbalta on sat the zaps are awful and sooo tired. Abit weepy Tina, found myself going from angry to crying. So I just slept in got up at 7am went to the appt and came straight home. Fell to sleep on the couch and now have to start thinking about dinner. I dont f/eel much like eating these days either but hubby has too. I mean things sound good and even look good but when I go to eat them YUCK!!!

Good glad she has some tests set up for you. I think a pain clinic is a good idea, its a start any way. Why do you need to think about it? Did she say what she thought might be going on or no? You went from 5mg to zero right? I'm sorry that your emotions are crazy right now. What if you tried just a couple mgs for a couple more weeks?

#457 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

Nothing new here. No dizziness today so IDK what's up with that.

#458 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:29 AM

I didn't want to sleep any how...at least I don't feel tired guess that's a plus. Hope everyone slept well last night and has a great day. Will check in later.

#459 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

Bahhhh, I'm so sorry, honey, that weepiness is awful. And about those zaps, are they really like an electric shock? So glad that I don't get them and hopefully won't!!!
I think the pain management clinic is a good idea. I mean, it's always worth a try. And you know your own mind and know a lot by now about pain meds, so if they tell you nonsense you are able to contradict.
So, let me summarize...all of us get that horrible fatigue, sinus problems and changes in blood pressure (mine is high too)...I wonder why some of us get more angry and others get more crying. I have been feeling low and like crying all the time now and it worries me. But when I hear Truckp. and you talking about being angry so often I guess that I will have to accept that for me it's the sadness. Oh girls, I so hope that we get stable again soon! Hugs to you, Jnine. Keep your ears straight, as we say over here :) x

#460 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:22 AM

Ok, ok, the administrator won't allow me to answer to so many posts (1 up to now!!!) in a short space of time. Right, then I'll write without replying.
Truckp., just wanted to say that I get those phases of not sleeping much, too. I even wake up after 4 hours and am awake, no fatigue, I'm just not tired any more. I guess, our whole system is a bit upset. So yeah, you probably have to accept the non-fatigue-but-waking-up-early-phase and be glad that you're for once not tired...

I hate my feelings of sadness and anxiety!!! The fatigue is bearable right now, it doesn't strike me down, it's just being constantly a bit off. I'm actually quite glad that the sinus-infection gives me a reason to stay at home for a few more couple of days. I'm feeling constantly worn out and ill.

Please girls, help me to say: No, I won't worry about the sadness. It's the withdrawal, that's all.
Thanks for the excerpt, Truckp.! Where did you get it? I'm glad that they're talking about those mood swings from anger to depression. Makes me feel less stupid.
Girls, I feel stupid only doing some work, getting home, doing nothing really because I'm not in a mood to do anything, then go to bed. I feel too depressed and tired to workout or to do anything at all. It's not a deep depression with suicidal thoughts, but a sadness and unwillingness to move. :(

#461 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:29 AM

OMG I know it's getting annoying with the administrator only allowing to post so often. Not sure if they changed that hoping to stop some of the spam or what.

Well my freaking cat woke me up at 3am and it had taken me a bit to get to sleep and wasn't sleeping too well when he started bothering me. He was out of food. So around 4 I finally gave in and got out of bed so he wouldn't bother anyone else. Then at 5 had to go to the gas station to get him some food. He had some last night so it wasn't like he was starving for days or anything. I had planned to pick some up today as I have to pick up my prescriptions. Had I been smart I would have done my yoga and boxing while I was feeling wide awake. Now I'm very tired. But yeah I am not sure what's more frustrating the fatigue or the insomnia.

I hate the weepiness and sadness. I think I'd rather deal with the anger. I feel for you girls, I know how hard those spells can be. It's hard to pull yourself out of it. But YES Tina, it's just withdrawals. I know it's tough as it's so uncontrollable. I feel stupid after the anger goes away and reflect back on what I said and did. But I felt just as stupid when I would cry over nothing too. Although I guess with the sadness and crying at least it doesn't really affect anyone else unlike the anger. It's weird, I had no dizziness and didn't take any Rugby yesterday and had no anger issues. I still took the Mucinex but took it later in the day. So any way I dropped down to 5mg.

Tina, don't beat yourself up over not having the energy to do anything or about your mood right now. We all have went through those spells. It's just part of the process and hopefully soon it will pass. Try to stay positive (I know it's hard) but think about where you are right now and how far you have come in this battle. Some ppl have had to try several times to get off this med. It's not an easy thing to go through. I can guarantee if I didn't have kids I would have had several days I wouldn't have gotten out of bed at all. As it was I had a few days where all I did was sleep and was only up for a few hours to make dinner, make sure they got their homework done and showers and I'd go back to bed. Sorry to hear you are still sick but I think it's good you have got a few days off. You probably need the rest. Just listen to your body. If you don't have any energy then don't worry about it. I think once you get your supplements in your system after a couple of weeks and get down to a certain dose on the C you will start to perk up again. So for now just relax, rest up and try to feel better.

I can't remember where I found that withdrawal info at. I will have to look for it again.

Oh I thought this looked like it would be fun to do. Think I will try it later today. If I could look like these girls I'd be happy LOL

#462 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

Hi again girls,

I've got a question: What helped with your mood swings - or, if you took too many supplements to really know, what do you suspect was probably the one that helped?

I received my first parcel of supplements today: The beta-alanine. I ordered it in a shop for bodybuilders lol :D
But I didn't get it anywhere else. I had wanted pantethine actually but that's really nowhere to be got. But since the beta-alanine is part of the pantethine and said to help with exactly the same things, I'll take this for now. Will keep you updated on how it works for me.
Truckp., do you feel any better with the pantethine already?

As for the other supplements, I really can't take all I ordered lol. I think I'll send half of the next parcel back.
Will take "only":

- beta-alanine
- omega 3
- zinc
- curcumin
- l-tyrosine
- acetyl-l-carnitine
- vitamine b complex
- vitamine d
- magnesium + calcium
- Flor Essence tea (detox)
- Green Tea (detox and anti-fatigue, helped well so far with the fatigue...I think!)

As for my sinus infection. It's not much better. And like in your post about the withdrawals, Truckp., everything is swollen. My ears are constantly feeling plugged, the pressure causes pain down to my chin sometimes.
I have some herbal stuff to help me and my impression is that it has really got a little better: My ears are not plugged all the time now. But it seems that the swelling comes back again and again. It's really getting on my nerves.

xxx

#463 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

OMG I know it's getting annoying with the administrator only allowing to post so often. Not sure if they changed that hoping to stop some of the spam or what.

Well my freaking cat woke me up at 3am and it had taken me a bit to get to sleep and wasn't sleeping too well when he started bothering me. He was out of food. So around 4 I finally gave in and got out of bed so he wouldn't bother anyone else. Then at 5 had to go to the gas station to get him some food. He had some last night so it wasn't like he was starving for days or anything. I had planned to pick some up today as I have to pick up my prescriptions. Had I been smart I would have done my yoga and boxing while I was feeling wide awake. Now I'm very tired. But yeah I am not sure what's more frustrating the fatigue or the insomnia.

I hate the weepiness and sadness. I think I'd rather deal with the anger. I feel for you girls, I know how hard those spells can be. It's hard to pull yourself out of it. But YES Tina, it's just withdrawals. I know it's tough as it's so uncontrollable. I feel stupid after the anger goes away and reflect back on what I said and did. But I felt just as stupid when I would cry over nothing too. Although I guess with the sadness and crying at least it doesn't really affect anyone else unlike the anger. It's weird, I had no dizziness and didn't take any Rugby yesterday and had no anger issues. I still took the Mucinex but took it later in the day. So any way I dropped down to 5mg.

Tina, don't beat yourself up over not having the energy to do anything or about your mood right now. We all have went through those spells. It's just part of the process and hopefully soon it will pass. Try to stay positive (I know it's hard) but think about where you are right now and how far you have come in this battle. Some ppl have had to try several times to get off this med. It's not an easy thing to go through. I can guarantee if I didn't have kids I would have had several days I wouldn't have gotten out of bed at all. As it was I had a few days where all I did was sleep and was only up for a few hours to make dinner, make sure they got their homework done and showers and I'd go back to bed. Sorry to hear you are still sick but I think it's good you have got a few days off. You probably need the rest. Just listen to your body. If you don't have any energy then don't worry about it. I think once you get your supplements in your system after a couple of weeks and get down to a certain dose on the C you will start to perk up again. So for now just relax, rest up and try to feel better.

I can't remember where I found that withdrawal info at. I will have to look for it again.

Oh I thought this looked like it would be fun to do. Think I will try it later today. If I could look like these girls I'd be happy LOL

:) I like cats! But I'm not sure I'd go to the gas station at 5 a.m. to get them food. You have a heart that is too good, Truckp. ;)
How great that your flashes of anger don't come that often any more, Truckp., seems you're really getting that drug out of your body. And the fatigue - yes, I hate it too!!! Would be great if all this sleeping got us perfectly rested and relaxed - then Eli Lilly could prescribe the drug because of this nice withdrawal symptom :unsure: I should write to Ely Lilly to suggest it.

Truckp., you wrote that your flashes of anger disappear after a while. My feeling of depression doesn't! What now?
Well, probably I just mustn't panick. This happened one time already, and it was only after 6 days that the depressed feelings disappeared. Remember? That was the time when I was asking myself if I shouldn't wait with the next step for a couple of days. - Now, my last step was from 32 to 25, that's a reduction by 7mg instead of 4mg, so I shouldn't wonder at me feeling worse than with -4mg. See, Truckp., I can talk myself down :) Sometimes I just feel so very weepy and scared. Thank you so much for being there, you're such a faithful junkie-buddy (that's a compliment lol) xxx!

#464 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

Hey girls,

Tina how come you are only going to take some of the supplements? So which ones are you going to return? Dang I still haven't gotten mine yet! I am seriously about to freak out on them over it ;) So can't say if it helps any or not yet. I'm so exhausted and my head has been pounding all day. Been trying to get some sleep but it's not happening and now feel my day is wasted away and haven't worked out yet. I'm sure your depression will get better. That's a bigger drop in dosage than you had done previously so yeah you are gonna be feeling it. I still think the Rugby blocked a lot of that for me. I had a hell of a time getting from 60mg to 30mg and it was such a life saver I swear. IDK why it did but it did. LMAO good to know I'm a junkie buddy :) I LMAO about writing to Eli Lilly. Too funny. But see you did good reminding yourself of the drop in dose!! I am proud of you for hanging in there.

Well I start my internship at a pulmonary clinic Jan 14. I had planned to quit smoking eventually but now I am going to be slammed with trying and not sure if I can at the moment. I can't go in there smelling like smoke. Not sure what I am going to do. Ive tried the patch and Ive tried that nasty Chantix (talk about being an evil bitch) and Ive tried those fake cigs. I am excited to finally do my internship but yet scared. And worried about still dealing with the C and getting off of that first. So now I'm feeling pressured.

I need to get around for a funeral visitation. I might skip working out today, I hate to do that but dang I'm already so tired. Doesn't help I'm out of water again. I will check in later. HUGS girls. Hang in there we can do this!!

#465 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

Hey girls,

Tina how come you are only going to take some of the supplements? So which ones are you going to return? Dang I still haven't gotten mine yet! I am seriously about to freak out on them over it ;) So can't say if it helps any or not yet. I'm so exhausted and my head has been pounding all day. Been trying to get some sleep but it's not happening and now feel my day is wasted away and haven't worked out yet. I'm sure your depression will get better. That's a bigger drop in dosage than you had done previously so yeah you are gonna be feeling it. I still think the Rugby blocked a lot of that for me. I had a hell of a time getting from 60mg to 30mg and it was such a life saver I swear. IDK why it did but it did. LMAO good to know I'm a junkie buddy :) I LMAO about writing to Eli Lilly. Too funny. But see you did good reminding yourself of the drop in dose!! I am proud of you for hanging in there.

Well I start my internship at a pulmonary clinic Jan 14. I had planned to quit smoking eventually but now I am going to be slammed with trying and not sure if I can at the moment. I can't go in there smelling like smoke. Not sure what I am going to do. Ive tried the patch and Ive tried that nasty Chantix (talk about being an evil bitch) and Ive tried those fake cigs. I am excited to finally do my internship but yet scared. And worried about still dealing with the C and getting off of that first. So now I'm feeling pressured.

I need to get around for a funeral visitation. I might skip working out today, I hate to do that but dang I'm already so tired. Doesn't help I'm out of water again. I will check in later. HUGS girls. Hang in there we can do this!!

Wow, Truckp., I'm so proud of you, girl!! You're working out more and more often (don't be too hard on yourself if you skip a couple of times), you don't spit fire at your hubby that often any more ;) , you're a great friend who shows that she cares (funeral visit, junkie buddy) and now you're starting an internship!
No wonder you don't have much energy left. To me you're really what we call a "power-woman", don't know what term you'd use in English, but you'll get what I mean.
I think if you put on freshly washed clothes and don't smoke before you go to your internship it will be ok. You are still dealing with the withdrawals of the C., don't challenge yourself with another withdrawal just yet. You're facing so many challenges right now, and to be honest, I know so very many doctors who smoke. You'll probably find out that half of the staff at least is smoking. Risk it. Don't put yourself under unnecessary additional pressure.
It will be alright.

Are seriously asking me why I won't take all the supplements? Did you see my list??? If I add all the pills together I'm popping in a whole jar of pills every day :D
Still thinking about which ones I'm going to take. I already do the Flor Essence detox, and my impression is that it's good for me. So I'll add some more detox but not the whole range. I'll help my brain to rebuild the cells, so definitely everything that boosts that.

An hour ago the anxiety ceased. It will surely come back - but how nice it is to be sitting here quite relaxed for a while! Hrrrmm...it can't be the beta-alanine already. Truckp., how much are you going to take of the Pantethine? I have no idea if I have to take a higher dose than is said on my body-building jar of beta-alanine...or a smaller one.

Girls, there's a post as a teacher for German at an International School in California. I will apply for it. There's also another one in Nigeria, but after having read that I might get killed by the scharia and poisoned by the water I thought I'd rather not apply. Surfing sounds better ;) There are also many jobs in Egypt but as they're killing each other there right now, too, I'll refrain from it as well. What else was there...Portugal (but I don't speak the language and I have to speak it properly)...no US or Canada otherwise.

#466 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

Evening ladies;

Went for my tests today and they said the doctor would have the results by the end of day tomorrow. OMG my other doctor it took a week to get results. They did a xray on the foot and a dopple utltra sound on my whole right lef & foot.

I have been so tired but tonight I came home, made dinner, did dishes, scrubbed and I mean scrubbed the top of the stove took the burners out etc. Cleaned the kitty litter and yes I have gone out of the way to make sure my kitties have food too Truckp so I understnad totally.

I am proud of both of you truckp and tina for what you are doing. Get work ladies. I still havent taken any Cymbalta and am hoping the "zaps" lessen as time goes on my goal is to be off & withdrawals free by Jan 1st.

I swing between crying and anger but am trying to keep themin check, as I said the tireness to really bad. I am usually a morning person and lately I do not even hear the alarm where before I would hear a pin drop!!!

Hubby has been really great these past couple of weeks which makes me smile since we have gone through so much since this whole thing began.

I am so tired I cant remember what I was going to post next. A good sign that it is time for me to shower and start getting ready for tomorrow . Make my lunch, set up the coffee etc.

I hope you both are having a good evening. Know you both are in my thoughts. :D

#467 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

Wow, Truckp., I'm so proud of you, girl!! You're working out more and more often (don't be too hard on yourself if you skip a couple of times), you don't spit fire at your hubby that often any more ;) , you're a great friend who shows that she cares (funeral visit, junkie buddy) and now you're starting an internship!
No wonder you don't have much energy left. To me you're really what we call a "power-woman", don't know what term you'd use in English, but you'll get what I mean.
I think if you put on freshly washed clothes and don't smoke before you go to your internship it will be ok. You are still dealing with the withdrawals of the C., don't challenge yourself with another withdrawal just yet. You're facing so many challenges right now, and to be honest, I know so very many doctors who smoke. You'll probably find out that half of the staff at least is smoking. Risk it. Don't put yourself under unnecessary additional pressure.
It will be alright.

Are seriously asking me why I won't take all the supplements? Did you see my list??? If I add all the pills together I'm popping in a whole jar of pills every day :D
Still thinking about which ones I'm going to take. I already do the Flor Essence detox, and my impression is that it's good for me. So I'll add some more detox but not the whole range. I'll help my brain to rebuild the cells, so definitely everything that boosts that.

An hour ago the anxiety ceased. It will surely come back - but how nice it is to be sitting here quite relaxed for a while! Hrrrmm...it can't be the beta-alanine already. Truckp., how much are you going to take of the Pantethine? I have no idea if I have to take a higher dose than is said on my body-building jar of beta-alanine...or a smaller one.

Girls, there's a post as a teacher for German at an International School in California. I will apply for it. There's also another one in Nigeria, but after having read that I might get killed by the scharia and poisoned by the water I thought I'd rather not apply. Surfing sounds better ;) There are also many jobs in Egypt but as they're killing each other there right now, too, I'll refrain from it as well. What else was there...Portugal (but I don't speak the language and I have to speak it properly)...no US or Canada otherwise.

AWWWW thank you :) you just made my day girl and I needed it <3!!! YAY I'm so so so happy the anxiety ceased up!!! How awesome that has to feel right now after what you have been feeling lately. I hope it continues. I am LMAO right now I didn't mean to ask why weren't taking all the supplements you ordered without also asking what else you ordered as I forgot. And honestly too tired and lazy to scroll back and see lol. But I agree you only need a little detox esp if your liver is good. You don't need to flush your entire system. I am going to 600mg of the pantethine WHEN I ever get it. Because its good for flushing out extra fat in the blood (high cholesterol) which I have or at least had recently. I will see how I feel with 600mg.

My husband about had a fit when I said I was going to have to quit smoking now. He said I never smell that bad as some ppl esp since I roll the windows down and stuff so he didn't think it would be a big deal either. I think he was just thinking more like OMG I can't handle anymore LOL she will kill me or I will kill her for sure. I hope I do OK with my internship. It's nerve wracking since Ive been out of class for 6 months now. As if I don't feel brain dead enough, not sure I remember half what I learned.

Had a hard time at the funeral. She was my best friend in school up until I moved in the 9th grade so she was always at my house or me at hers. The minute I saw her dad I started crying. He had a good long life though but it's still sad.

Damn it why does it have to be California??? LOL I say go for it girl! I so would in a heart beat. I imagine it would be good money at least. And you wouldn't be near as stressed out. OHHHH I'm so excited, I think you def try it!

Well I def have to do double workout tomorrow or something. We went out for dinner and I haven't that much in my life. Oh I'm so miserable but it was Lobster and soooo yummy :)

I'm exhausted now for sure so going to bed here real soon. Good night ladies and love and hugs. Hope everyone has a good night and feels great tomorrow.

#468 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

AWWWW thank you :) you just made my day girl and I needed it <3!!! YAY I'm so so so happy the anxiety ceased up!!! How awesome that has to feel right now after what you have been feeling lately. I hope it continues. I am LMAO right now I didn't mean to ask why weren't taking all the supplements you ordered without also asking what else you ordered as I forgot. And honestly too tired and lazy to scroll back and see lol. But I agree you only need a little detox esp if your liver is good. You don't need to flush your entire system. I am going to 600mg of the pantethine WHEN I ever get it. Because its good for flushing out extra fat in the blood (high cholesterol) which I have or at least had recently. I will see how I feel with 600mg.

My husband about had a fit when I said I was going to have to quit smoking now. He said I never smell that bad as some ppl esp since I roll the windows down and stuff so he didn't think it would be a big deal either. I think he was just thinking more like OMG I can't handle anymore LOL she will kill me or I will kill her for sure. I hope I do OK with my internship. It's nerve wracking since Ive been out of class for 6 months now. As if I don't feel brain dead enough, not sure I remember half what I learned.

Had a hard time at the funeral. She was my best friend in school up until I moved in the 9th grade so she was always at my house or me at hers. The minute I saw her dad I started crying. He had a good long life though but it's still sad.

Damn it why does it have to be California??? LOL I say go for it girl! I so would in a heart beat. I imagine it would be good money at least. And you wouldn't be near as stressed out. OHHHH I'm so excited, I think you def try it!

Well I def have to do double workout tomorrow or something. We went out for dinner and I haven't that much in my life. Oh I'm so miserable but it was Lobster and soooo yummy :)

I'm exhausted now for sure so going to bed here real soon. Good night ladies and love and hugs. Hope everyone has a good night and feels great tomorrow.

One last comment for the night LOBSTER YUMMY - I had that for dinner tonight too ;)

#469 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:36 AM

Truckp., LOL for the scared look of your husband!!! :D I can so vividly imagine him getting a fit LOL with tears in my eyes! Does he smoke? If not, it is really a very scared or a very nice lie of him to say that he doesn't want you to quit.

Jnine, girl, you're fantastic! You saying you're proud of Truckp. and me? Let me tell you that you seem to me a power woman just like Truckp. I mean, I wouldn't dare moving one step with my car if I had brain zaps...and you just take them...like that! Can't believe, you just go through them like this. But I guess your foot is so bad already that a couple of brain zaps can't scare you out of your skin as the would certainly scare me.
Doesn't it feel good to get things done? I'm glad that you managed to do so many things. And as for forgetting what you just said...I know that too well. Send me into another room to get you something, I'll lay you a bet that in 50% of the cases I'll forget what I wanted as soon as I get there. My memory is a desaster at the mo. Let's hope that we get our brains back, girls.

By the way, my GP just stares at me when I tell her about the long term issues people get because of Cymbalta. It seems that she prescribes it to every second of her elderly patients. Shall I ask her how many of those patients have problems with their bp and their joints next time? Or pain issues? :rolleyes:

#470 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

Evening ladies;

Went for my tests today and they said the doctor would have the results by the end of day tomorrow. OMG my other doctor it took a week to get results. They did a xray on the foot and a dopple utltra sound on my whole right lef & foot.

I have been so tired but tonight I came home, made dinner, did dishes, scrubbed and I mean scrubbed the top of the stove took the burners out etc. Cleaned the kitty litter and yes I have gone out of the way to make sure my kitties have food too Truckp so I understnad totally.

I am proud of both of you truckp and tina for what you are doing. Get work ladies. I still havent taken any Cymbalta and am hoping the "zaps" lessen as time goes on my goal is to be off & withdrawals free by Jan 1st.

I swing between crying and anger but am trying to keep themin check, as I said the tireness to really bad. I am usually a morning person and lately I do not even hear the alarm where before I would hear a pin drop!!!

Hubby has been really great these past couple of weeks which makes me smile since we have gone through so much since this whole thing began.

I am so tired I cant remember what I was going to post next. A good sign that it is time for me to shower and start getting ready for tomorrow . Make my lunch, set up the coffee etc.

I hope you both are having a good evening. Know you both are in my thoughts. :D

Hi Jnine, OH I can't wait to hear what the results are on your tests. What have you decided on the pain clinic or are you waiting on your results first? WOW girl I am proud of you for sticking it out and no C so far! I couldn't stand the zaps and dizziness so I sure hope by going slower from here it will be less. I'm so glad to hear that hubby has been so good about all of this for you. It can be hard on everyone around us because really they can't do anything for us but just be there.

The funny thing is I'm not a cat person or wasn't. We have had cats and it's not that I dislike them I am more of a dog person. But this cat we saved as the mother ditched him and he was just so tiny and I got so attached he has become my mid life crisis baby LOL. He acts half human half dog. I'm not sure he even knows he is a cat. He has something wrong with him that can't be fixed where he gets all bloated and gassy and I hold him like a baby and have to burp him and he throws up often but he is the sweetest, snuggliest little thing ever. Ive had him 3yrs now. I think I needed him as much as he needed me.

Well let us know what you find out. My fingers are crossed girl!!

#471 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

Truckp., LOL for the scared look of your husband!!! :D I can so vividly imagine him getting a fit LOL with tears in my eyes! Does he smoke? If not, it is really a very scared or a very nice lie of him to say that he doesn't want you to quit.

Jnine, girl, you're fantastic! You saying you're proud of Truckp. and me? Let me tell you that you seem to me a power woman just like Truckp. I mean, I wouldn't dare moving one step with my car if I had brain zaps...and you just take them...like that! Can't believe, you just go through them like this. But I guess your foot is so bad already that a couple of brain zaps can't scare you out of your skin as the would certainly scare me.
Doesn't it feel good to get things done? I'm glad that you managed to do so many things. And as for forgetting what you just said...I know that too well. Send me into another room to get you something, I'll lay you a bet that in 50% of the cases I'll forget what I wanted as soon as I get there. My memory is a desaster at the mo. Let's hope that we get our brains back, girls.

By the way, my GP just stares at me when I tell her about the long term issues people get because of Cymbalta. It seems that she prescribes it to every second of her elderly patients. Shall I ask her how many of those patients have problems with their bp and their joints next time? Or pain issues? :rolleyes:

No he doesn't smoke LMAO he never has. I am sure it's fear he is having lol. Shoot Tina you are just as strong as the rest of us girl! You go to work every day and deal with kids when you feel like crap! I'm not so sure I could have handled that. I can honestly say it's the one time that I was glad I am not working. Not sure I could have dealt with all the side effects and worked. So you need to give yourself a hug and high five from me and realize how strong and awesome you are! Can you imagine me with my anger and aggression teaching kids HAHAHA they would be scared to death! LMAO I think it's been good that I'm alone most days for me getting through this.

I think I lost my brain when I had kids so I'm not sure I will ever get it back. Pretty sure they sucked it out of me like little aliens. :)

OMG I would so die LMAO if you asked your GP those questions. I think my dr does the same thing though. I want to ask how many trips a year he gets for handing the C out. It's OK my in your face will happen and I will show him what he did to me was wrong and how much better I am now. Yes I still have pain but at least I'm not a zombie any more. And this girl has attitude LOL

UGH I'm still full from last night lol that is terrible. My oldest daughter has started to work out now too. I have to admit I find it adorable. She still wants to be like mom. :)

#472 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

Oh, that's fabulous, Truckp. - now you've got a workout buddy (your daughter) who will certainly kick your ass if you're getting lazy ;)

I wish I had one, too.

By the way, I woke up with anxiety again this morning :o :angry: :o

It's really not worth while to dare a bigger step because in most cases it just makes you suffer. And you loose time in the end because either you'll have to wait longer for your body to stabilize again or you go back to the dose before if you feel really bad. I'm very tempted to do the latter :(

Frustrated Tina here. I walked to my GP this morning to get the sick note, it is a wonderful winter day with blue skies, snow on the Christmas trees in town, and my city looks like a fairytale with the snow on the ancient churches and houses. Normally I would walk through this happily but now I was just feeling depressed - and depressed because I'm depessed.

#473 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

Oh, that's fabulous, Truckp. - now you've got a workout buddy (your daughter) who will certainly kick your ass if you're getting lazy ;)

I wish I had one, too.

By the way, I woke up with anxiety again this morning :o :angry: :o

It's really not worth while to dare a bigger step because in most cases it just makes you suffer. And you loose time in the end because either you'll have to wait longer for your body to stabilize again or you go back to the dose before if you feel really bad. I'm very tempted to do the latter :(

Frustrated Tina here. I walked to my GP this morning to get the sick note, it is a wonderful winter day with blue skies, snow on the Christmas trees in town, and my city looks like a fairytale with the snow on the ancient churches and houses. Normally I would walk through this happily but now I was just feeling depressed - and depressed because I'm depessed.

IDK if I really have a workout buddy. I don't think she plans on 5-6 days like I do. Plus she is a teenager...they get pretty lazy lol.

OK so you woke up feeling that way but have you taken your vitamins and stuff yet? It will probably take a couple of weeks for them to kick in and really help. Try not to give in just yet to the previous dose. You are off work right now right? Just give it a couple more days you should start to feel better. You can do this hun. I know it gets tough but if you keep going back and forth it will make it harder. Just give your mind and body time to adjust. Rest as much as possible for now and let it ride. I have faith you will get through this and it will get better soon. And if it makes you feel better there is no way I would have walked any where when I was depressed. Damn lucky if I ever got out of my pjs or showered. Remember I had a few days I went through where I did nothing, in the same pjs for days and no shower. It will pass trust me. You have to just let it go and don't freak out over it. You know it's all part of the progress. Remind yourself that you are going to beat this and not let it beat you!!!! You are loved even if Im a gazillion miles away lol.

#474 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

Morning ladies:

I am losing my flippin mind. I have so much stuff to do for the holidays and no time to do it....urgh!!! I usually have all my gifts done by October and I have even got one yet. Between trying to be there for my friend in her grief period (and prior), work, my own health issues it just seems like the days are flying by. I am starting to stress since I can't even think of what to buy anyone let alone get to the damn store with the zaps & this foot of mine.

Speaking of Zaps they havent been too bad so far today and I am prayingthat it stays that way.

Truckp if I even tried to Quit smoking right now I would kill someone and my hubby would be stuffing my mouth full of cigs just to calm me down. I am still getting bouts of anger but that could just be the stress I hope...lol.

My workout is having to run around this office all day. We are on 9 floors in an 11th floor building so up and down I go all day long. No woder my foot feels the way it does my night fall.

I hope you all are having a great day Tina go easy on yourself honey. This too shall pass.

I will check in later :)

#475 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

Glad to hear the zaps were better today Jnine. That's always a plus. I know I'm stressed over Christmas too. My mood kind of went up and down today. Too much on my mind I think and I'm tired. Waiting to go back and pick up my daughter from dance so I can eat, take a shower and I think I just might go to bed. I did clean house and did my workout today. Dang I really need to figure out shoes for that. Starting to really bother my leg with no shoes. Did you find out on the tests today? I am starting to get irritated not hearing back from the doc about getting this stim out too. I want it done before I start my internship. Plus I'm plain sick of the stupid thing adding to my pain.

If I don't check in later I hope everyone has a good night.

#476 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

Glad to hear the zaps were better today Jnine. That's always a plus. I know I'm stressed over Christmas too. My mood kind of went up and down today. Too much on my mind I think and I'm tired. Waiting to go back and pick up my daughter from dance so I can eat, take a shower and I think I just might go to bed. I did clean house and did my workout today. Dang I really need to figure out shoes for that. Starting to really bother my leg with no shoes. Did you find out on the tests today? I am starting to get irritated not hearing back from the doc about getting this stim out too. I want it done before I start my internship. Plus I'm plain sick of the stupid thing adding to my pain.

If I don't check in later I hope everyone has a good night.

No results today hopefully I will hear something tomorrow. I came home tonight and was in an okay mood tired but ok then I don't know what happened but I snapped. I bite my tongue (for a change) and decided to give myself a time out in the bedroom. Hubby just takes control over the TV all the time but bitches if I am on the computer too much!!! I think it was just being tired n sore. My foot is really hurting and I had to run errands at lunch for gifts for hubby;s family which menat more walking.

Tonight was my company xmas party and I gouldnt even think of going, all I wanted to do was come home and put my PJ's on but instead I came home didn dishes left behind from roommate than prepped dinner and cooked!!!!

It is hard enough living with a man at the best of times let alone when you are going thru something like this and I live with two. Hubby & the roommate. In the New Year going to think about letting the roommmate go. It's a bonus with the added money but damn it I miss sitting around in my undies. There's a visual for ya....lmao.

Anyways shower is done and so am I. Ladies remember how strong each of us are for doing 7 going through what we are.

I feel so grateful for finding this site and each of you.

BIG BIG HUGS. Nighty Nite

#477 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:13 AM

Morning girls,

Nothing good to say here. Tried to go to bed early and the cat puked on my bedding so I was instantly irritated. Stripped everything off and of course I don't have any extra sheets so just grabbed a blanket out of the closet and threw it on. But was so upset about other things I just couldn't sleep. So I was up until after 3 and got up at 6. Still upset over things but hopefully I can go back to sleep.

Sorry Jnine that you didn't hear anything yet. I sure hope you hear something today. I hate waiting lol.

Hope everyone has a good day. My internet keeps going out so I if I can I will check in later. It was out all night long so I couldn't even email and vent to anyone about what I am feeling.

#478 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

Morning girls,

Nothing good to say here. Tried to go to bed early and the cat puked on my bedding so I was instantly irritated. Stripped everything off and of course I don't have any extra sheets so just grabbed a blanket out of the closet and threw it on. But was so upset about other things I just couldn't sleep. So I was up until after 3 and got up at 6. Still upset over things but hopefully I can go back to sleep.

Sorry Jnine that you didn't hear anything yet. I sure hope you hear something today. I hate waiting lol.

Hope everyone has a good day. My internet keeps going out so I if I can I will check in later. It was out all night long so I couldn't even email and vent to anyone about what I am feeling.

BIG HUGS WOMAN...............if you need an hear I am here all day

#479 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

Hi Jnine, OH I can't wait to hear what the results are on your tests. What have you decided on the pain clinic or are you waiting on your results first? WOW girl I am proud of you for sticking it out and no C so far! I couldn't stand the zaps and dizziness so I sure hope by going slower from here it will be less. I'm so glad to hear that hubby has been so good about all of this for you. It can be hard on everyone around us because really they can't do anything for us but just be there.

The funny thing is I'm not a cat person or wasn't. We have had cats and it's not that I dislike them I am more of a dog person. But this cat we saved as the mother ditched him and he was just so tiny and I got so attached he has become my mid life crisis baby LOL. He acts half human half dog. I'm not sure he even knows he is a cat. He has something wrong with him that can't be fixed where he gets all bloated and gassy and I hold him like a baby and have to burp him and he throws up often but he is the sweetest, snuggliest little thing ever. Ive had him 3yrs now. I think I needed him as much as he needed me.

Well let us know what you find out. My fingers are crossed girl!!

:rolleyes: He doesn't know that he's a cat??? LOL Truckp., how cute!!! The fact that you have to burp him like a baby made me choke with laughter and at the same time I was saying awwwww.... :)
Sorry you slept so bad because of it, Truckp., but I think I wouldn't care either, I mean, it IS like a baby.

Ok, I got my big parcel with the supplements today. My kitchen looks like a pharmacy lol. Will really send some of it back.

Today was my first day at work after the ear thing. My ears are still not ok, meaning, the canals are still swollen and the ears get plugged. But it's only getting onto my nervs, it doesn't hurt.
As for the anxiety - it just doesn't go away :( and I am really tempted to go back to 30mg, get stable again and then go down again. This step was too much and I hate having anxiety.
By the way, Truckp., I force myself to leave the house and not just keep to my bed because I refuse the anxiety to reign over me. Or the depression - for me, depression and anxiety are actually one, the one always comes with the other.
I know that you won't let me give up ;) but really, girls, I can't work properly with anxiety. The kids need their limits and when I'm tense with the anxiety I get tired too soon...and then I'm not consequent and calm enough. They sense it too when you're not relaxed and they interprete it as a weakness - and they're right. Who do you respect more? The relaxed teacher who just says a clear "no!" or the tense teacher who either says the "no!" too softly or bellows it out?
No, girls, the consequences are too bad: The kids get noisier and naughtier whereas they are calm when I'm stable.

Ok, I have said that I'd wait for a week and see how it goes. Well, the 7 days will be over tomo. Let's say that I'll wait till the weekend is over, that's 3 days more.
But then I want to see results!!!

Jnine, anything new your end?

Hugs xxxxx

#480 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

BIG HUGS WOMAN...............if you need an hear I am here all day

Thank you so much. Problem is it would take a book to explain it to even get the point of why I'm feeling upset about certain things. I wouldn't even know where to start.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users