Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

:rolleyes: He doesn't know that he's a cat??? LOL Truckp., how cute!!! The fact that you have to burp him like a baby made me choke with laughter and at the same time I was saying awwwww.... :)
Sorry you slept so bad because of it, Truckp., but I think I wouldn't care either, I mean, it IS like a baby.

Ok, I got my big parcel with the supplements today. My kitchen looks like a pharmacy lol. Will really send some of it back.

Today was my first day at work after the ear thing. My ears are still not ok, meaning, the canals are still swollen and the ears get plugged. But it's only getting onto my nervs, it doesn't hurt.
As for the anxiety - it just doesn't go away :( and I am really tempted to go back to 30mg, get stable again and then go down again. This step was too much and I hate having anxiety.
By the way, Truckp., I force myself to leave the house and not just keep to my bed because I refuse the anxiety to reign over me. Or the depression - for me, depression and anxiety are actually one, the one always comes with the other.
I know that you won't let me give up ;) but really, girls, I can't work properly with anxiety. The kids need their limits and when I'm tense with the anxiety I get tired too soon...and then I'm not consequent and calm enough. They sense it too when you're not relaxed and they interprete it as a weakness - and they're right. Who do you respect more? The relaxed teacher who just says a clear "no!" or the tense teacher who either says the "no!" too softly or bellows it out?
No, girls, the consequences are too bad: The kids get noisier and naughtier whereas they are calm when I'm stable.

Ok, I have said that I'd wait for a week and see how it goes. Well, the 7 days will be over tomo. Let's say that I'll wait till the weekend is over, that's 3 days more.
But then I want to see results!!!

Jnine, anything new your end?

Hugs xxxxx

Well I understand, if it bothers you that much and you have go back to 30mg and take it way slower it's understandable. I just hated to see you have to keep going back and forth. So I agree if it's not better by the weekend end then go up. Maybe stick with it for a month then lower to 25mg for a month and so on. Just so you aren't stressing too much too fast. I do hope it gets better for you though. You have to post a pic of your pharmacy going on though LMAO!

Can't really blame the kids lol. So typical they push as far as they can get away with.

You would really laugh at my cat if you saw him when we sit down to eat. He sits up in a chair next to me like he is waiting for his own plate. If no one shares anything he gives up and goes to his bowl but it's pretty funny really. And it doesn't matter if one of the girls sits in the chair next to me, he jumps up there and tries to push them out LOL. :rolleyes:

Well I think I discovered part of my mood issue these last few days is also PMS. Lucky me. I hope I don't do this crap when I am at my internship. Wonder if upping the Vitex a week before would do any good or not. So it's been about a month on the Vitex, maybe just under. It did say to take it two or three times a day for 8-12wks then only once a day. I only been taking it once a day. I tried a couple times to take it twice a day but it felt like it was upsetting my stomach. So I will try taking it again tonight with dinner to see if it changes anything or not. I will try that for a month.

#482 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

Well, I finally found out why my foot has been hurting like hell. It is friggin fractured in two places!!! I have been walking around like this for almost 3 god damn months.

#483 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

Well, I finally found out why my foot has been hurting like hell. It is friggin fractured in two places!!! I have been walking around like this for almost 3 god damn months.

OH MY EFFING GOD!!! Are you kidding me with this shit? WTF! :angry: How do you think you did it? SO now what you got a walking boot cast? I had one after my accident. SUCKS if you have one make sure it doesn't throw your whole body off wack it will really mess up your back and leg. I can't believe your dr before never figured it out. WTH!! Girl I'm fit to be tied that's just insane as hell!!!

#484 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

OH MY EFFING GOD!!! Are you kidding me with this shit? WTF! :angry: How do you think you did it? SO now what you got a walking boot cast? I had one after my accident. SUCKS if you have one make sure it doesn't throw your whole body off wack it will really mess up your back and leg. I can't believe your dr before never figured it out. WTH!! Girl I'm fit to be tied that's just insane as hell!!!

I am being referred to the fracture clinic to see if I will need a cast etc. At least the good news is that it looks like it is healing good...lol

#485 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

I am being referred to the fracture clinic to see if I will need a cast etc. At least the good news is that it looks like it is healing good...lol

Well at least there is good news in that mess some where lol. Then why all the swelling if it's healing so well? You need to be off it I'm sure. So where are the fractures in your foot at? How do you think you fractured it? Did you drop something on it or twist wrong or have no clue? Did they give you anything for it or not yet? Oh wait never mind you said she doesn't do pain meds right?

#486 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

OMG this is BS! I should be past out....sigh IDK how many more nights I can deal of little sleep. I have too much to do tomorrow for this crap. Pissing me off.

#487 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:31 AM

Well at least there is good news in that mess some where lol. Then why all the swelling if it's healing so well? You need to be off it I'm sure. So where are the fractures in your foot at? How do you think you fractured it? Did you drop something on it or twist wrong or have no clue? Did they give you anything for it or not yet? Oh wait never mind you said she doesn't do pain meds right?

She figures the swelling is due to the fact that my job entails me walking around for most of the day. I have no clue how it happened and that sis why she is referring me to the fracture clinic. She stated that there is no reason why a woman of my age should be "just breaking bones". I am already on pain meds which really do not touch the pain and if the meds are helping I would hate to feel the pain without them....lol.

What really pisses me off is that the other doctor missed it completely and I have been walking around like this for 3 months. I could just scream some family doctor she is .

I am so sorry Truckp that you are not sleeping that can be so frustrating when you are just exhausted and cant sleep. My problem is that I do not want to wake up!!! I am not sleeping proper either due to the pain oh well this too shall pass.

On a positive note last night was 6 nights without taking the "C". Zaps are getting less but still around. Mostly in my head and feet, feels like a have a head cold and when I move my head to fast I get the "zaps".

I can't believe it;s xmas in 10days. I have so much left to do...arrrgh!!! Overwhelmed by it all.

I better think about getting ready for work (ouch). I hope everyone has a good day, I will check back later.

#488 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

Girls, I'm feeling so f**ng bad, I am actually too bad to talk about it. Just really scared because my mood is staying so low. This morning I actually thought I was feeling better, anxiety getting bearable. But every f**ng little thing that might make me feel low did make me feel low. For instance, I was so, so cross with me for not doing any workout any more. I'm just not in the mood, I'm weary, I have little energy, I don't want to meet people at the sports club, and outside it's too cold for a run. That is typical of being depressed, isn't it? - It scares me out of my mind that I might have a f**ng depression for all of my life without the help of ADs. What if this is not withdrawal but depession coming back? Today it's 8 days that my mood is like this.
Why doesn't it go away? I am so, so scared, and so, so depressed because I'm so depressed.
Actually sitting here crying and not knowing what to think. I do so want to be able to do without the C. I don't want to be a person who needs ADs because otherwise her mood is all over the place. Why do I have this horrible depression? There's nothing wrong. The only fact that makes me feel depressed is the fact that there still IS this feeling of deprssion.

#489 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

Girls, I'm feeling so f**ng bad, I am actually too bad to talk about it. Just really scared because my mood is staying so low. This morning I actually thought I was feeling better, anxiety getting bearable. But every f**ng little thing that might make me feel low did make me feel low. For instance, I was so, so cross with me for not doing any workout any more. I'm just not in the mood, I'm weary, I have little energy, I don't want to meet people at the sports club, and outside it's too cold for a run. That is typical of being depressed, isn't it? - It scares me out of my mind that I might have a f**ng depression for all of my life without the help of ADs. What if this is not withdrawal but depession coming back? Today it's 8 days that my mood is like this.
Why doesn't it go away? I am so, so scared, and so, so depressed because I'm so depressed.
Actually sitting here crying and not knowing what to think. I do so want to be able to do without the C. I don't want to be a person who needs ADs because otherwise her mood is all over the place. Why do I have this horrible depression? There's nothing wrong. The only fact that makes me feel depressed is the fact that there still IS this feeling of deprssion.

It's actually quite typical and very common to have those feeling when tapering or going off the C or any AD. If you have those feelings right away then it's withdrawals. If you have them later on after being off them for a while then it's depression. So just try to ride with it hun. Maybe you need to go back up to 30mg for a month then try 25mg for a month. I know it's hard to be in that stage with those feelings and the fatigue. Have to admit I'm feeling pretty low myself today. All the insomnia this week, PMS, and the shooting at the school in Connecticut has broken my heart. I can't even imagine and my heart just goes out to all the ppl. I didn't work out today either. Here is hoping tomorrow is a better day.

#490 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

She figures the swelling is due to the fact that my job entails me walking around for most of the day. I have no clue how it happened and that sis why she is referring me to the fracture clinic. She stated that there is no reason why a woman of my age should be "just breaking bones". I am already on pain meds which really do not touch the pain and if the meds are helping I would hate to feel the pain without them....lol.

What really pisses me off is that the other doctor missed it completely and I have been walking around like this for 3 months. I could just scream some family doctor she is .

I am so sorry Truckp that you are not sleeping that can be so frustrating when you are just exhausted and cant sleep. My problem is that I do not want to wake up!!! I am not sleeping proper either due to the pain oh well this too shall pass.

On a positive note last night was 6 nights without taking the "C". Zaps are getting less but still around. Mostly in my head and feet, feels like a have a head cold and when I move my head to fast I get the "zaps".

I can't believe it;s xmas in 10days. I have so much left to do...arrrgh!!! Overwhelmed by it all.

I better think about getting ready for work (ouch). I hope everyone has a good day, I will check back later.

I'm sure your age has nothing to do with it. I'm curious if has to do with the C at all since it depletes so many vitamins from the body. Have you had blood work done lately or lack any vitamins? My Vit D was way way way low. It will affect the bones. It just added to the list of reasons I wanted off it because Osteo runs in my family as it is. I don't need it when I'm in 40's.

Glad to hear the zaps are getting better though even if they are only just a little it's still good.

Take care girls

#491 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:59 AM

It's actually quite typical and very common to have those feeling when tapering or going off the C or any AD. If you have those feelings right away then it's withdrawals. If you have them later on after being off them for a while then it's depression. So just try to ride with it hun. Maybe you need to go back up to 30mg for a month then try 25mg for a month. I know it's hard to be in that stage with those feelings and the fatigue. Have to admit I'm feeling pretty low myself today. All the insomnia this week, PMS, and the shooting at the school in Connecticut has broken my heart. I can't even imagine and my heart just goes out to all the ppl. I didn't work out today either. Here is hoping tomorrow is a better day.

Good morning, girls!
Sorry for my self-centred outcry yesterday night. Thank you so much for answering so patiently although you're not feeling well yourself, Truckp.! I was so glad that you were there for me for I was tigering in circles in my room.
It is not better today, but going to sleep interrupted the panicking. I just wasn't able to stop crying.
I waited with my daily dose this morning because I wanted to make sure that yesterday's pains weren't one last nasty strike of the Cymbalta before finally letting me go off it's hook.

Well, It's nearly lunch time now and I have taken 30mg.
I have decided that I'm just not willing to suffer so. I am not willing to give up my whole social life only because the withdrawals make me so sick.

I slept till 9, so I did get enough sleep, but the fatigue's got the better of me again. Could go right back to bed.
Weepy and tense because of yesterday's panick...and it's still lingering in the back of my head.
Truckp., it worked well last time when I had to go up again. I went up, got stable and was able to go down easily then. This last reduction was just too big. I learnt my lesson now, I think: Patiently going down in little steps. I would love to quicken my steps but my body just won't do that.

Truckp., I'm so sorry that you can't sleep. That is so exhausting! Are you able to just lie down a couple of times during the day? I do hope that this will pass quickly. I would have thought though that your body would reclaim some sleep after several nights without! Could you describe your sleeping patter during these last weeks? How many nights in a row didn't you sleep? When did you rest during the day and for how long? It would be interesting to have a look at it. How does your hubby help you?

Jnine, one doesn't break bones like that...Unless someone walked over your foot and you forgot about it later. But even then... I'll definitely do some reearch on the C. and broken bones.

Will speak more later thi afternoon. Truckp., today is my day at the hairdresser's ;)

Hugs my dear girls, and sorry again for last night! xxx

#492 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:29 AM

Good morning, girls!
Sorry for my self-centred outcry yesterday night. Thank you so much for answering so patiently although you're not feeling well yourself, Truckp.! I was so glad that you were there for me for I was tigering in circles in my room.
It is not better today, but going to sleep interrupted the panicking. I just wasn't able to stop crying.
I waited with my daily dose this morning because I wanted to make sure that yesterday's pains weren't one last nasty strike of the Cymbalta before finally letting me go off it's hook.

Well, It's nearly lunch time now and I have taken 30mg.
I have decided that I'm just not willing to suffer so. I am not willing to give up my whole social life only because the withdrawals make me so sick.

I slept till 9, so I did get enough sleep, but the fatigue's got the better of me again. Could go right back to bed.
Weepy and tense because of yesterday's panick...and it's still lingering in the back of my head.
Truckp., it worked well last time when I had to go up again. I went up, got stable and was able to go down easily then. This last reduction was just too big. I learnt my lesson now, I think: Patiently going down in little steps. I would love to quicken my steps but my body just won't do that.

Truckp., I'm so sorry that you can't sleep. That is so exhausting! Are you able to just lie down a couple of times during the day? I do hope that this will pass quickly. I would have thought though that your body would reclaim some sleep after several nights without! Could you describe your sleeping patter during these last weeks? How many nights in a row didn't you sleep? When did you rest during the day and for how long? It would be interesting to have a look at it. How does your hubby help you?

Jnine, one doesn't break bones like that...Unless someone walked over your foot and you forgot about it later. But even then... I'll definitely do some reearch on the C. and broken bones.

Will speak more later thi afternoon. Truckp., today is my day at the hairdresser's ;)

Hugs my dear girls, and sorry again for last night! xxx

Oh sweetie you don't need to apologize or feel bad about your vent. It's what this place is for. I know it's hard. It's why a lot of ppl take several times before they can get off the C or just give and go back to it. Those feelings make it difficult to deal with life period. I do think you should stick with 30mg for a while. At least a good couple of weeks before you try again. A month would probably be better. So don't be hard on yourself, you are not the only one who has suffered that way. Maybe read up on some others so you know that it's not you.

I had insomnia all week long. Only once was I able to rest during the day. I was able to nap yesterday for a hour and that was it. I did finally sleep last night thankfully. I have to take my daughter to get her hair done today and she has a bday party later so after that I sure hope for another nap. I'm exhausted mentally and physically. Still feel a little weepy about everything too but think if I get some more sleep and can think clearly it will be better.

It's a hard time of year for everyone right now. Ppl are stressed over the Holidays, having to shop,etc. and get depressed about certain things. Remember girls, be thankful for what we do have. <3

#493 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

Oh sweetie you don't need to apologize or feel bad about your vent. It's what this place is for. I know it's hard. It's why a lot of ppl take several times before they can get off the C or just give and go back to it. Those feelings make it difficult to deal with life period. I do think you should stick with 30mg for a while. At least a good couple of weeks before you try again. A month would probably be better. So don't be hard on yourself, you are not the only one who has suffered that way. Maybe read up on some others so you know that it's not you.

Hi Truckp.,
that's kind of you to say :) I felt bad because I just wrote about myelf without reacting to anything you and Jnine had written. This is a forum for taking and giving, that's what I meant, you see. But I guess when you're in panic, it's hard to not only take. F*** the panicking (sorry).
Well, I'll stick with the 30mg as long as it takes to get stable again. A whole month though - why do you think that that is necessary? You and Jnine made it down to (nearly) zero, and I will make it too. I won't let that drug beat me!!! I just don't want to walk through my daily life like a ghost. I nearly cried at my hairdresser's today :angry:

I had insomnia all week long. Only once was I able to rest during the day. I was able to nap yesterday for a hour and that was it. I did finally sleep last night thankfully. I have to take my daughter to get her hair done today and she has a bday party later so after that I sure hope for another nap. I'm exhausted mentally and physically. Still feel a little weepy about everything too but think if I get some more sleep and can think clearly it will be better.

Sleep is so important. When I don't sleep I have a feeling of irreality after some time. Do you get that too? This morning when I typed my last message my eyes nearly closed while writing and I started writing nonsense, too. How does your hair and that of your daughter look now? Both of you needed it, I guess? (read your other msg about her crush)

It's a hard time of year for everyone right now. Ppl are stressed over the Holidays, having to shop,etc. and get depressed about certain things. Remember girls, be thankful for what we do have. <3

Yes, I think that so often. I'm particularly thankful for my best friends and for the fact that in each period of life you meet lovely people. It's like collecting another family than the one you're born with. I feel rich having such good people around me. You, Bunny and Jnine belong to them. Hugs to all of you! xxxx

#494 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

Hi Truckp.,
that's kind of you to say :) I felt bad because I just wrote about myelf without reacting to anything you and Jnine had written. This is a forum for taking and giving, that's what I meant, you see. But I guess when you're in panic, it's hard to not only take. F*** the panicking (sorry).
Well, I'll stick with the 30mg as long as it takes to get stable again. A whole month though - why do you think that that is necessary? You and Jnine made it down to (nearly) zero, and I will make it too. I won't let that drug beat me!!! I just don't want to walk through my daily life like a ghost. I nearly cried at my hairdresser's today :angry:

Sleep is so important. When I don't sleep I have a feeling of irreality after some time. Do you get that too? This morning when I typed my last message my eyes nearly closed while writing and I started writing nonsense, too. How does your hair and that of your daughter look now? Both of you needed it, I guess? (read your other msg about her crush)

Yes, I think that so often. I'm particularly thankful for my best friends and for the fact that in each period of life you meet lovely people. It's like collecting another family than the one you're born with. I feel rich having such good people around me. You, Bunny and Jnine belong to them. Hugs to all of you! xxxx

Tina - never ever say sorry for your feelings. As woman we do that far too often. Do not beat yourself up about the fact that you might have to stay on the "C" or try at another time. I cant imagine what you are feeling as I wasn't taking it for depression and I have got depressed coming off of it.

I have found that I am so tired coming off of this med. I slept for almost 12hrs last night and feel like I could go right back to bed too.

Tina you are a wonderful woman and you have amazing strength.

#495 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

Tina - never ever say sorry for your feelings. As woman we do that far too often. Do not beat yourself up about the fact that you might have to stay on the "C" or try at another time. I cant imagine what you are feeling as I wasn't taking it for depression and I have got depressed coming off of it.

I have found that I am so tired coming off of this med. I slept for almost 12hrs last night and feel like I could go right back to bed too.

Tina you are a wonderful woman and you have amazing strength.

Awwww....and xxxxxxxxxx, Jnine. Thank you!
Jnine, you're saying that you got depressed coming off of the C. How did/does that feel? I wonder whether there's a difference between circumstance induced depression and withdrawal induced one. Maybe that's silly because it's the same mechanism in our brain that produces the feeling.
I noticed that when I start feeling depressed my self-confidences vanishes - *pop!* and it's gone. No matter how self-confident I was before, in that moment it's just gone. I even start stammering when I speak. I read that a lack in serotonine also induces motoric problems, meaning that you start moving akwardly or pronouncing badly.
It's interesting that you got depressed because of withdrawal. I mean, I knew it but it's so important for me to know that this is not necessarily my original depression coming back but "only" withdrawal.

Isn't that fatigue terrible? It's a silly thing to go right back to bed after the morning shower, but I just can't help doing it when I'm so tired. At work I hardly ever sit still also, that is good. I also noticed that green tea helps.
Have you thought about how you contrived to break those bones in your foot? I haven't done any research on Cymbalta and breaking bones yet but I definitely will.

Take care, Jnine, and have a lovely day! It has rained over here...the snow is mostly gone now. Strange weather.

#496 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

OHHHH how I want to sleep 12hrs so badly LOL. I did sleep last night but you know how it is trying to catch up...it never really happens. Been wanting to nap all day but won't let myself so I will sleep tonight ( I hope).

Well now that the PMS is over with I can see how my mood on the 5mg goes from here before I decide what step next. I just thought Tina if you stayed on 30mg to give your body a break. You have been dealing/going through a lot of fatigue, anxiety and depression lately with the huge step down. Just give yourself a break for a bit and then try again. It's not so horrible to do well on 30mg when it's still less than before is how I look at it. It takes some ppl many months and much slower ways of tapering to ever get off. I know it is hard when you just want to be done and over with it and feel 100% right now but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Maybe this isn't the right time for you? With all the stress from work? Any way just some thoughts ;) you need to do what is best for you.

Well I can officially say the insomnia is worse than the fatigue. I hate both but with the insomnia I looked like the walking dead, my eyes were so puffy and burned. And I didn't work out again today so that's two days in a row, 3 days I skipped this week. Not happy about that but couldn't push my body to do it. Hopefully tomorrow will be a lot better.

Hang in there girls, sooner or later this crap has to get better. We can do this, besides I got your backs ;) HUGS ladies. Enjoy the weekend even if it's just hanging out in pjs all day.

#497 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

Truckp., how much of the L-Tyrosine do you take and how much of the ALA? I forgot what you said. I'm reading about L-Tyrosine right now and they say that one should take it in the morning before breakfast, and before lunch and dinner, and quite a high dose. 3x 1000mg per day!

#498 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

Tina - You asked me what my depression was like due to the withdrawals from the "C". All I can say is that I get real weepy for the littlest of things or I watch something and I get so so down. It is an extreme of emotions where rational thoughts can't change it. Plus the tireness is another symptom.

I usually am excited about xmas and these days no energy or zest for it. I just can barely get through the day. All I want to do is just sleep and not think. That is my depression from the `C`. I have never suffered from clinical depression, I have my sad days from time to time but never like this.

I have to be careful what I watch on TV or think about it or else I will sink into a very dark place. Hubby loves documentaries about what is happening in the world today and I have had to tell him to change the channel a few times. Just cant deal with it at the moment, I try hard every day to keep that dark place out of my mind. At times I have to fake it until I make it.

I could not imagine what I would be like it I had been taking this med for depression!!! That is why I say go easy on yourself honey, at least you are aware that you are not feeling well and are reaching out to us to talk.

#499 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

Truckp., how much of the L-Tyrosine do you take and how much of the ALA? I forgot what you said. I'm reading about L-Tyrosine right now and they say that one should take it in the morning before breakfast, and before lunch and dinner, and quite a high dose. 3x 1000mg per day!

I only take about 150mg or 200mg (kind of guessing on mine as I dump some out) once a day of the L-tyrosine right now. It was something I planned to up the dose on as I tapered more off the C but you have to be careful as the Ltyrosine can cause aggression too. You really should start off with a smaller dose and then work your way up. It's one of those that really hasn't been tested a whole lot but it's like 150mg per kg of body weight is what they suggest or less depending on the reasons you are taking it for. So it's really between 500mg - 1000mg up to three times a day. It's best used right before stressful activities too. I take mine in the morning with all my others on an empty stomach. As Ive said before it's usually my breakfast taking all my vits and supplements. Really does fill me up lol. But if you take too high of a dose it can make you sick and cause anxiety/nervousness. Mine are actually 500mg and yeah now that you brought it up again I should start taking 500mg once a day now. I had been meaning to up it as I went down on the C but it became such a habit dumping most of it. Ive been on it almost 60 days now so I'm sure it's safe for me to up it now LOL. I need to order more too now that I think about it.

The ALA I take 200mg once a day. I could probably up that now too and take it twice a day. I should work my way up to 600mg on this one as it helps with nerve pain. In fact I am going to go chart it now so I don't forget and will start tomorrow. Oh you need to remember you can get these both from the foods you eat too so you don't necessarily have to take what it says on the bottle. In fact I rarely take what the bottle tells you, I look it up and research it. Otherwise you can take more than you really need and the companies no matter how good they are just want to make more $ so if you take more you spend more. Sort of like what it says on the shampoo bottles. Wash rinse repeat. Not necessary unless you have a whole lot of gunk in your hair lol.

#500 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

Tina - You asked me what my depression was like due to the withdrawals from the "C". All I can say is that I get real weepy for the littlest of things or I watch something and I get so so down. It is an extreme of emotions where rational thoughts can't change it. Plus the tireness is another symptom.

I usually am excited about xmas and these days no energy or zest for it. I just can barely get through the day. All I want to do is just sleep and not think. That is my depression from the `C`. I have never suffered from clinical depression, I have my sad days from time to time but never like this.

I have to be careful what I watch on TV or think about it or else I will sink into a very dark place. Hubby loves documentaries about what is happening in the world today and I have had to tell him to change the channel a few times. Just cant deal with it at the moment, I try hard every day to keep that dark place out of my mind. At times I have to fake it until I make it.

I could not imagine what I would be like it I had been taking this med for depression!!! That is why I say go easy on yourself honey, at least you are aware that you are not feeling well and are reaching out to us to talk.

Thank you Jnine. And yes, that's exactly how I feel, too, and why I get scared. If you have been at such a dark place and then go through it again while withdrawing you probably have a right to get scared. And again yes, reaching out to you was what I did. I didn't feel like talking about it at all, usually I just withdraw from the scene when it's as bad as that, and hide in my shell, so to speak. I forced myself to write and I'm so thankful for the way the three of you were there. I do not take this for granted at all. You're awesome, girls, giving so much while feeling not well yourself.

How do you manage to "fake it till you make it", Jnine? Do you just block the thoughts? What do you do to keep the dark place out of your mind?

#501 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:48 AM

...and again the administrator won't let me answer to a second post. I wanted to answer to yours, Truckp.

Insomnia is definitely worse than fatigue. When you're tired you can just drop off to sleep and forget about things. It's bad that all the work that you don't get done accumulates but at least you can relax for a while.
Insomnia just makes everything worse and you don't get things done either. I do hope that your PMS was also a bit responsible for the insomnia. I get insomnia the night my period comes. Somehow my body seems to be too active to sleep then. So why wouldn't the whole process keep you from sleeping? The more stress I have the more sensitive I get, so it's no use to say that you never got insomnia because of PMS so far. Maybe you do get it now that your body is in an uproar anyway. Be kind to yourself and try to find little gaps in the day where you can at least try to wind down a little.

I had to laugh when you said that taking your supplements actually replaces your breakfast. I know exactly what you mean - you should have a look at the little bowl that I fill with supplements every day. The supplement industry actually ought to award us with a medal for the best customers ;)

Yes, I read that about the l-tyrosine and agressiveness. Gosh, I'm going to eat my ever giggling colleague alive. In my mind I have already drowned and quartered her. She starts giggling when only telling you that she opened the door. Poor husband...I wonder how she ever contrived to get him to the altar.

#502 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

...and again the administrator won't let me answer to a second post. I wanted to answer to yours, Truckp.

Insomnia is definitely worse than fatigue. When you're tired you can just drop off to sleep and forget about things. It's bad that all the work that you don't get done accumulates but at least you can relax for a while.
Insomnia just makes everything worse and you don't get things done either. I do hope that your PMS was also a bit responsible for the insomnia. I get insomnia the night my period comes. Somehow my body seems to be too active to sleep then. So why wouldn't the whole process keep you from sleeping? The more stress I have the more sensitive I get, so it's no use to say that you never got insomnia because of PMS so far. Maybe you do get it now that your body is in an uproar anyway. Be kind to yourself and try to find little gaps in the day where you can at least try to wind down a little.

I had to laugh when you said that taking your supplements actually replaces your breakfast. I know exactly what you mean - you should have a look at the little bowl that I fill with supplements every day. The supplement industry actually ought to award us with a medal for the best customers ;)

Yes, I read that about the l-tyrosine and agressiveness. Gosh, I'm going to eat my ever giggling colleague alive. In my mind I have already drowned and quartered her. She starts giggling when only telling you that she opened the door. Poor husband...I wonder how she ever contrived to get him to the altar.

About the depression. Every dr appt I get asked what upsets me and if I go to counseling. I have no answer about what upsets me. And no I don't do counseling. Then they ask if I have someone to talk to when I'm upset and yes I have someone. Then it's here is your pill refill. NONE of this makes any sense to me. First of all I don't even know if I'm depressed. I mean WTH they put me on crap ten yrs ago for postpartum depression. Which I had just had my baby and it was my second day in the hospital. How do I know if that's what it even was and not just hormones all crazy from having the baby? How do I know that maybe in a few more days I would have been fine? Being in the hospital makes me depressed honestly. I just hate it and hate to be stuck in there alone. Hell it was just recently that I realized I had such PMS problems. It's funny how we ourselves know our bodies better than any dr but at the same time can be so blind to certain things about ourselves. Everyone suffers from depression at some point in time about certain things or for no reason at all. I guess what I'm trying to get at is I do understand your worries and frustrations with the anxiety and depression while trying to get off the C. But pointing out a fact that as you said yourself you used to go out and do more things and have fun and meet ppl. To me that doesn't sound like a typical depressed person. That sounds like someone who had energy and friends and was happy. I truly feel your recent struggles are wds and wds ONLY. I think the med is making you get locked inside your own head and you start to worry about things that more than likely will not happen. And with your stressful job you begin to think about those things as well and it just feeds to the fear. You can't let the kids down, you can't be a zombie while you are there and not be able to do your job. Which is all so totally understandable. I know if I was working while trying to do this I wouldn't be able to get off the med. My job was stressful, I had to take care of others and I couldn't let my emotions affect their care. I have fears now of starting my internship. I have to be the best of the best and can't be a hot mess. I worry how will I keep my PMS under control while I'm there. Looking back I had days at work that I would be so grouchy or crying and would have to go home. And that was on the C. And I def need to discuss this issue with my dr. when I go back. I refuse to be put on an AD to control it when it obviously didn't help any or maybe it's what made it worse? I don't want you to feel bad that you had to go back to 30mg and I don't want you feeling bad you will need to go slower. You have every right to go slower, for yourself, for your job. The reason I also mentioned going by months is that I think you won't focus so much on it. I think you have been trying too hard to get off and want to be 100% right now. We as women are so known for that wanting it right now ;) So I was thinking if you went by months, you would just take the med and your vits and supplements and forget about it and be able to do all the things you need to. Does that make any sense to you? Just let your body adjust and have it be less noticeable. Not trying to tell you what to do as it's up to you and you need to do what is best for you. But I think maybe you are rushing and trying too hard right now. Don't focus so much on what mg you are on. Ive told myself over and over no matter what mg I am at it's better than 60mg. If I'm stuck at 30 or 5mg for a while it's OK. I tried to go from 15 to 0 and couldn't deal with it so I went back. I had a time or two where I struggled in the beginning that I ended up sticking my finger in the extra baggie of C just to feel better. Then of course was pissed at myself because I felt like a junkie and let the drug control me. This shit is hard and the wds make it so much harder. So many ppl can't get off of it, struggle to get down mgs, have to use other meds to get off. The drug controls us so badly no matter how much we don't want it too. It's messed with our brains. Some ppl it takes them a year or so to get off the med. I know I couldn't have done this if I were working or I would have had to go much much slower so that I wouldn't notice the wds so much. Getting from 60 to 30 was hard for me where as other ppl that was the easy part it was harder for them to get from 30 down. So wondering if you fall into that category? Some ppl were able to get off in a month. I'm going on month 3. So it makes it hard as you really can't compare yourself to others. It's so different for each person and there just is no helpful right way to do this. I think what helped me was that I knew it was going to be hard as hell, that this was the best time as I wasn't in class and not working and I could use my days as I wished. And as long as I didn't actually try to kill anyone I could suffer through the moods LOL. I guess all my rambling is just that i don't want you to feel bad about any of it and maybe rethink of how to go slower in order to adjust and not focus on the mg so much. Give yourself a break mentally and physically. I know you can do this girl we will help you every step of the way. :) <3 OH I took a full L-tyrosine today. Will let you know how it goes.

#503 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

About the depression. Every dr appt I get asked what upsets me and if I go to counseling. I have no answer about what upsets me. And no I don't do counseling. Then they ask if I have someone to talk to when I'm upset and yes I have someone. Then it's here is your pill refill. NONE of this makes any sense to me. First of all I don't even know if I'm depressed. I mean WTH they put me on crap ten yrs ago for postpartum depression. Which I had just had my baby and it was my second day in the hospital. How do I know if that's what it even was and not just hormones all crazy from having the baby? How do I know that maybe in a few more days I would have been fine? Being in the hospital makes me depressed honestly. I just hate it and hate to be stuck in there alone. Hell it was just recently that I realized I had such PMS problems.

That reminds me of that time when they sent me to hospital for 6 weeks during my studies when I had that depression because of family matters. At the hospital they directly gave me Tavor which is heavy stuff to fight anxiety. I had never been on any medication apart from herbal stuff and so it was no wonder that my body collapsed. At first it was as if there was cotton all around me, then I just fainted and fainted and in the end they just gave up forcing it upon me. But I wonder why they gave it to me in the first place as I didn't have any anxiety but was just sad. Later I saw that anybody who arrived got Tavor first thing, without even having seen a doctor!
So, after having given birth to your baby - how could they drug you so? I will ask my sister how long they usually wait over here until they give an AD to women who have only just given birth. She is a gynecologist at a hospital and deals with this every day.
Was that already the Cymbalta they gave you or was it something else?

It's funny how we ourselves know our bodies better than any dr but at the same time can be so blind to certain things about ourselves. Everyone suffers from depression at some point in time about certain things or for no reason at all. I guess what I'm trying to get at is I do understand your worries and frustrations with the anxiety and depression while trying to get off the C. But pointing out a fact that as you said yourself you used to go out and do more things and have fun and meet ppl. To me that doesn't sound like a typical depressed person. That sounds like someone who had energy and friends and was happy. I truly feel your recent struggles are wds and wds ONLY. I think the med is making you get locked inside your own head and you start to worry about things that more than likely will not happen. And with your stressful job you begin to think about those things as well and it just feeds to the fear.

It is so true that we sense so much and at the same time can be so blind to certain things. Your PMS might really be the reason for you feeling more bad than usual. On the other hand I think that you're also worried that you might not function properly at your internship and that is a heavy burden on your mind, too.
Yes, I think this is the withdrawal for me, but I also think that I must change my work life or I'll risk getting a depression/burnout again. I'm really struggling with the quantity of work at my job. It has been taking all my energy and time for 6 years now, and before that the struggle to get a job at all was a real strain on the nerves. So all in all it's the workload and its consequences besides the panic of getting another depression.

You can't let the kids down, you can't be a zombie while you are there and not be able to do your job. Which is all so totally understandable. I know if I was working while trying to do this I wouldn't be able to get off the med. My job was stressful, I had to take care of others and I couldn't let my emotions affect their care. I have fears now of starting my internship. I have to be the best of the best and can't be a hot mess. I worry how will I keep my PMS under control while I'm there. Looking back I had days at work that I would be so grouchy or crying and would have to go home. And that was on the C. And I def need to discuss this issue with my dr. when I go back. I refuse to be put on an AD to control it when it obviously didn't help any or maybe it's what made it worse?

Truckp., I totally understand. You need to function. I so exactly know the fear of not being able to give what I am usually able to give. I can't relieve you of this fear :( But I can tell you that I'm absolutely sure that they couldn't get a more able colleague than you. Maybe you have to tell yourself again and again that your ability, no matter how much it's impaired by a bout of depression, outweighs those "flaws". I can see you walking in there, proudly relying on what you can, and doing a fabulous job. Even if you do have to sit down sometimes. You know how to take care of people because you have experienced so much. Give your employers a chance to see you at work. That will outweigh the times when you don't feel well.

I don't want you to feel bad that you had to go back to 30mg and I don't want you feeling bad you will need to go slower. You have every right to go slower, for yourself, for your job. The reason I also mentioned going by months is that I think you won't focus so much on it. I think you have been trying too hard to get off and want to be 100% right now. We as women are so known for that wanting it right now ;) So I was thinking if you went by months, you would just take the med and your vits and supplements and forget about it and be able to do all the things you need to. Does that make any sense to you? Just let your body adjust and have it be less noticeable. Not trying to tell you what to do as it's up to you and you need to do what is best for you. But I think maybe you are rushing and trying too hard right now. Don't focus so much on what mg you are on. Ive told myself over and over no matter what mg I am at it's better than 60mg. If I'm stuck at 30 or 5mg for a while it's OK. I tried to go from 15 to 0 and couldn't deal with it so I went back. I had a time or two where I struggled in the beginning that I ended up sticking my finger in the extra baggie of C just to feel better. Then of course was pissed at myself because I felt like a junkie and let the drug control me. This shit is hard and the wds make it so much harder. So many ppl can't get off of it, struggle to get down mgs, have to use other meds to get off. The drug controls us so badly no matter how much we don't want it too. It's messed with our brains. Some ppl it takes them a year or so to get off the med. I know I couldn't have done this if I were working or I would have had to go much much slower so that I wouldn't notice the wds so much. Getting from 60 to 30 was hard for me where as other ppl that was the easy part it was harder for them to get from 30 down. So wondering if you fall into that category? Some ppl were able to get off in a month. I'm going on month 3. So it makes it hard as you really can't compare yourself to others. It's so different for each person and there just is no helpful right way to do this. I think what helped me was that I knew it was going to be hard as hell, that this was the best time as I wasn't in class and not working and I could use my days as I wished. And as long as I didn't actually try to kill anyone I could suffer through the moods LOL. I guess all my rambling is just that i don't want you to feel bad about any of it and maybe rethink of how to go slower in order to adjust and not focus on the mg so much. Give yourself a break mentally and physically. I know you can do this girl we will help you every step of the way. :) <3 OH I took a full L-tyrosine today. Will let you know how it goes.

I'm not beating myself up for going up to 30mg to get stable again. I'm just so impatient with me getting depressed again. I'm beating myself up for not being able to wind down and geting rid of the feelings of depression.
I then ask myself if I should have reduced my working hours when I was able to earlier this year. Now I have to stick to my hours unless I fall really ill, and then I have to tell my boss what this illness is that makes me want to work less and f** the working schedule of the whole staff who will have to outbalance it.
And I just won't tell them about this. It will cost me all career chances, including the possibility to look for another school. They don't accept people who are likely to cause them trouble by falling ill.

Truckp., as you know I'm still taking the Prozac in order to help me wean off of the C. I wouldn't have been able to get this far without it. But if I stopped weaning of for a couple of weeks I would want to stop taking the Prozac too in order to not take it too long. I am inclined to think that it would be good to take more time for withdrawing from the C. and to focus more on my life apart from the junkie-bit ;)
I have been thinking that maybe I'll get stable now. Then get rid of the Prozac (cold turkey probably not possible???) and then keep taking the 30mg for a while before going back on the Prozac and into withdrawal from the C.

What are your thoughts on this?

#504 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

Tina, I agree I think it would be good to stop the prozac for now, stay with the 30mg for a bit then use the prozac IF you need when you start tapering again. And who knows, just because the prozac helped others with tapering the C, maybe it really wasn't helping you or maybe it was making it worse? IDK just a thought but maybe when you are stable and do go down to 25mg just see how you do before you decide to add the prozac again. I can't help but wonder that sometimes they maybe conflicting with one another.

Thank you for your support and your high thoughts about me and my internship :) it means a lot to me. I just need to have faith in myself. I told myself not going to worry about it right now. I have a month before I need to freak out lol.

That truly blows my mind that they were giving everyone Tavor at the hospital. WTH?! That's just insane and I'm so sorry you went through that. Like they just wanted to drug everyone up so they didn't have to deal with them. GRRRR Any way no I was given wellbutrin first, then another AD was added to it for a while, then went to something else, tried another and so on until the C for the last however many way too long yrs.

Did you apply for that school in California? I wish you could get out of there some how and do something some where else.

Well I was still up and down with my mood. I would be fine then felt like crying for no reason then fine again. So IDK for sure if it's still hormones or the C. I decided to stick with 5mg for a few more days and see how I do. I didn't workout again today so I hope to get back into the routine tomorrow and get some things done around the house. I did sleep about 10hrs last night but of course now I'm off schedule and going to get to bed too late and won't get enough rest by 6am. Hoping it's not going to be a viscous circle this week.

Take care ladies and will check in tomorrow.

#505 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:54 AM

Tina, I agree I think it would be good to stop the prozac for now, stay with the 30mg for a bit then use the prozac IF you need when you start tapering again. And who knows, just because the prozac helped others with tapering the C, maybe it really wasn't helping you or maybe it was making it worse? IDK just a thought but maybe when you are stable and do go down to 25mg just see how you do before you decide to add the prozac again. I can't help but wonder that sometimes they maybe conflicting with one another.

Thank you for your support and your high thoughts about me and my internship :) it means a lot to me. I just need to have faith in myself. I told myself not going to worry about it right now. I have a month before I need to freak out lol.

That truly blows my mind that they were giving everyone Tavor at the hospital. WTH?! That's just insane and I'm so sorry you went through that. Like they just wanted to drug everyone up so they didn't have to deal with them. GRRRR Any way no I was given wellbutrin first, then another AD was added to it for a while, then went to something else, tried another and so on until the C for the last however many way too long yrs.

Did you apply for that school in California? I wish you could get out of there some how and do something some where else.

Well I was still up and down with my mood. I would be fine then felt like crying for no reason then fine again. So IDK for sure if it's still hormones or the C. I decided to stick with 5mg for a few more days and see how I do. I didn't workout again today so I hope to get back into the routine tomorrow and get some things done around the house. I did sleep about 10hrs last night but of course now I'm off schedule and going to get to bed too late and won't get enough rest by 6am. Hoping it's not going to be a viscous circle this week.

Take care ladies and will check in tomorrow.

Somehow I don't think that your ups and downs are due to the hormones. These mood swings are so very typical for the C. whereas I usually don't hear about constant ups and downs during PMS. Weepy mood yes, but no oszillation between two poles.

I'd stick with the 5mg for a little while longer, too, if I was you. I have had to go up two times now, and it was because I reduced too quickly. It is important to go on with one's social life and work life.
I'm not well again either. I'm tense and the tension gives me feelings of anxiety and depression. I wonder if depression and anxiety are actually nothing but being unable to relax?
The Prozac did help. Before I took it I wasn't able to wean off by even 1mg! I would get depressed for 2 weeks in a row before it got better. That would have taken far too long and far too many nerves. With the Prozac I'm able to wean down by 4-5mg. My actual feelings of depression and anxiety only happened when I went down by 7mg because I wanted to arrive at 25mg of Cymbalta.
I feel a little better now, but the feelings of depression are still there. I have to work on my power of will: I must keep myself from thinking about the "what if"s.

So your internship starts only in a month? (You were saying that you had a month before you need to freak out) Or did I get that wrong? What kind of internship is it exactly? And what are your hopes? Is it just further education or do you hope to get a job there afterwards?

I like your new haircut, btw :) It's a bit naughty and makes you look like a little imp. But I guess you are that imp already, so the new haircut only underlines it ;)

Hugs Truckp.!!! I am truly looking forward to meeting you sometime in real life! And Jnine and Bunny, too! Would be great if we could arrange a meeting sometime. Maybe in Canada, then I'll visit my family, too :) The summer holidays are best for me. This summer might be a bit difficult though as I'll be moving away from Germany hopefully :)

#506 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

Morning ladies:

I had a pretty good weekend i guess. Besides being lazy all day Saturday that is. Saturday night hubby & I went down to my friends (the one whose husband passed) to fix her TV for her but that was all I did Saturday. Yesterday I awoke early (WTH 5;30am), cleaned out the fride, went food shopping, baked 3 dozen sugar cookies, 4 dozen macaroons and a banana bread plus a roasted chicken for dinner. I even impressed myself...lol

Of course this morning with it being Monday I didnt want to get up :( I have a busy week ahead with all this xmas stuff. Tonight is my dept dinner at work, tomorrow I have to cook for a pot luck lunch here at work on Wednesday, i still have alot more baking to do, plus a couple more gifts to get. Then wrap all the crap......... I am tired already.

I decided to reach out to a lawyer regarding my foot and just the over all care I have received from my doctor over the past 2 yrs. They called me this morning and started that they will be getting back to me to let me know if they will be taking on the case.

Well it has been over a week now without any Cymbalta. I am still having some "zaps" but not as bad just so damn tired all the time. At times I wonder if I will ever be to "old" me again.

For each of us this is our own unique journey and there is no right or wrong way to do it but it is a blessing to know that we have each other to see us through it.

I would love to meet all of you too and found what I have got to know about us a night at a bar sounds perfect to let off some steam.

I hope everyone has a good day.

OMG how the hell am I going to put up with my co-workers till 9pm tonight - I can barely tolerate some of them for 8hrs let alone 12hrs :(

#507 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

Morning ladies:

I had a pretty good weekend i guess. Besides being lazy all day Saturday that is. Saturday night hubby & I went down to my friends (the one whose husband passed) to fix her TV for her but that was all I did Saturday. Yesterday I awoke early (WTH 5;30am), cleaned out the fride, went food shopping, baked 3 dozen sugar cookies, 4 dozen macaroons and a banana bread plus a roasted chicken for dinner. I even impressed myself...lol

Of course this morning with it being Monday I didnt want to get up :( I have a busy week ahead with all this xmas stuff. Tonight is my dept dinner at work, tomorrow I have to cook for a pot luck lunch here at work on Wednesday, i still have alot more baking to do, plus a couple more gifts to get. Then wrap all the crap......... I am tired already.

I decided to reach out to a lawyer regarding my foot and just the over all care I have received from my doctor over the past 2 yrs. They called me this morning and started that they will be getting back to me to let me know if they will be taking on the case.

Well it has been over a week now without any Cymbalta. I am still having some "zaps" but not as bad just so damn tired all the time. At times I wonder if I will ever be to "old" me again.

For each of us this is our own unique journey and there is no right or wrong way to do it but it is a blessing to know that we have each other to see us through it.

I would love to meet all of you too and found what I have got to know about us a night at a bar sounds perfect to let off some steam.

OMG how the hell am I going to put up with my co-workers till 9pm tonight - I can barely tolerate some of them for 8hrs let alone 12hrs :(

Ha, well done! You did right to reach out to a lawyer!! I wonder whether they're gonna accept the case. They obviously should but you never know. Let us know when you have news!

I agree with you - it's such a blessing that we have each other. And the same thought leads to me thinking: WTH do our doctors refuse to get information on Cymbalta? I mean, how can it be possible that I, a patient, have to tell my doc the latest news on this drug? She deals with it every day and has no idea about the basics. How can she stare at me when I tell her about the side effects I have? And how can she not know about how hard it is to wean off of it? I just can't believe that any doctor should be so very innocent.
I'm really not one for those conspiracy theories, but this utter stupidity that all doctors demonstrated when I talked to them about the withdrawals cannot be real stupidity! It is willful blindness.

I'm impressed by all your Christmas preps, Jnine. Good god, I could never manage to do half of that baking. I like baking and cooking but that load would drive me crazy lol :)
I wish you luck with surviving the party hehe... don't kill your colleagues. My giggling colleague wasn't at school today - what a relaxing day! Unfortunately there are still those colleagues who whistle operas when you want to concentrate. Are only teachers so tiresome? Seems to me that many are quite egocentric, too. Some of the clichés about us teachers seem to be not totally wrong!

#508 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

Somehow I don't think that your ups and downs are due to the hormones. These mood swings are so very typical for the C. whereas I usually don't hear about constant ups and downs during PMS. Weepy mood yes, but no oszillation between two poles.

I'd stick with the 5mg for a little while longer, too, if I was you. I have had to go up two times now, and it was because I reduced too quickly. It is important to go on with one's social life and work life.
I'm not well again either. I'm tense and the tension gives me feelings of anxiety and depression. I wonder if depression and anxiety are actually nothing but being unable to relax?
The Prozac did help. Before I took it I wasn't able to wean off by even 1mg! I would get depressed for 2 weeks in a row before it got better. That would have taken far too long and far too many nerves. With the Prozac I'm able to wean down by 4-5mg. My actual feelings of depression and anxiety only happened when I went down by 7mg because I wanted to arrive at 25mg of Cymbalta.
I feel a little better now, but the feelings of depression are still there. I have to work on my power of will: I must keep myself from thinking about the "what if"s.

So your internship starts only in a month? (You were saying that you had a month before you need to freak out) Or did I get that wrong? What kind of internship is it exactly? And what are your hopes? Is it just further education or do you hope to get a job there afterwards?

I like your new haircut, btw :) It's a bit naughty and makes you look like a little imp. But I guess you are that imp already, so the new haircut only underlines it ;)

Hugs Truckp.!!! I am truly looking forward to meeting you sometime in real life! And Jnine and Bunny, too! Would be great if we could arrange a meeting sometime. Maybe in Canada, then I'll visit my family, too :) The summer holidays are best for me. This summer might be a bit difficult though as I'll be moving away from Germany hopefully :)

Actually I do suffer crazy ups and downs with PMS. But I was reminded how sensitive I am and realized the last few days what Ive been weepy over is when the tv shows anything to do with the school shooting or like now our school has been leaving messages on my phone about meetings and what not.

Yes my internship starts Jan 14. It would be super great to get a job out of this whether it's there or if they refer me some where. I need something. Thank you about my hair cut. Pics came out crappy. Hmmm not sure how to take the imp comment LMAO.

It would be so great for all of us to get together some time. I think we would have so much fun!! :)

#509 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

Morning ladies:

WOW am I ever impressed with all the cooking you did!! So glad to hear the zaps keep getting better. Sorry about the fatigue still though. Gets old dragging ass all the time. When do you go see the dr about your foot?

Well I hope your party tonight goes well or better than you expected and can at least enjoy yourself. Sounds like a very busy week ahead of you, hang in there.

My day started off well then suddenly I felt nauseated and then a headache hit. The nausea got better but the headache didn't. I wasn't sure if it was the C or what. Then my youngest came home and said she didn't feel well earlier and she said the same thing I did. And she sounds like her gland are swollen. I can always tell with how it will change her voice just a bit. And then later tonight my oldest started complaining of headache. That's what I get for saying that we have been so lucky with all the crud going around. Hoping it's a fluke day and everyone is all good tomorrow. My day was screwed after that. So again didn't work out and didn't get the house done as planned. I need to do some running tomorrow. Have I mentioned I hate the Holidays? LOL

#510 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

Actually I do suffer crazy ups and downs with PMS. But I was reminded how sensitive I am and realized the last few days what Ive been weepy over is when the tv shows anything to do with the school shooting or like now our school has been leaving messages on my phone about meetings and what not.

Yes my internship starts Jan 14. It would be super great to get a job out of this whether it's there or if they refer me some where. I need something. Thank you about my hair cut. Pics came out crappy. Hmmm not sure how to take the imp comment LMAO.

It would be so great for all of us to get together some time. I think we would have so much fun!! :)

Of course I can't know whether you really are a little imp, but I have a strong feeling that you are :) And it is a compliment. I like imps. They are funny, intelligent, independent, whole-hearted and never boring. I'd say that there are some twinkling little devils lurking behind one's ear when one is an imp :) The hair cut is great!

So are all of you ill now? What you described in your next mail sounded very much like a good old flu and not the C. I mean, if even your kids have it. Over here everybody's ill, too. I have exchanged my sinus infection for a sore throat. Hope it doesn't grow into a cough. Little hope though as two of my friends and their kids are having it now and I have spent too much time with them, hugged the kids etc.
It will be good to be rid of the C. in order to see what is drug-induced and what isn't.
PMS is something I never really suffered from, apart from migraines. But if I keep stress out of my way and sleep a lot I'm fine. The strange thing about it is that my humour is actually really good during that time! But after my period I always have a little down. Like a post partum depression lol. I wish somebody could explain that to me. So my PMS is post, not pre-.

I'm not sure what to suggest concerning your internship and the C. Maybe you should not lower the dose to zero but after the internship? That would give your humour, pain, sickness etc some time to get better. How long is the internship?

By the way: 28mg Cymbalta today hoar hoar hoar!!! :) (I'm stubborn and maybe silly but I am feeling quite myself again, some little bouts of anxiety but bearable, so I kicked fear in the ass and dared to take out those 20 balls)
And I scratched a tiny little edge off of the Prozac. I hate that it makes me completely asexual.
Let's see how I do with the minus 2mg till Friday. Then I will go back down to 25mg. And from then on only 4-5mg steps.

Ok, Truckp., I'll go for a little nap now as I was up till late yesterday, then couldn't fall asleep and finally slept only 3-4 hours max.
How's your sleeping doing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users