597 replies to this topic

#511 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

I got such a horrible headache today. It might be the lack of sleep (didn't sleep much these last two nights). But I would like to know if any of the supplements I have started taking might be responsible...apart from the always suspicious C. of course.

Truckp., what about the L-tyrosine? You said that it might make me agressive, can it give me a headache, too? I did like you said and started on a low dose (2x500mg).

#512 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

Thought I should check in. I have been running around all day. Now I need to get my workout in and get this house cleaned! Tomorrow I need to wrap and work on cards so I need to be getting busy here. Well I feel better today so it occurred to me that yesterday and the day before I took the full 500mg L-tyrosine. Yes it can cause headaches so I think that was my issue also. So today I didnt take it this morning. I just now took it before I will workout and I will see how my mood and any other symptoms are after. My mood has been great all day too. I'm kind of tired but I need to start getting to bed earlier that's why. Tina you have taken two Lyrosine today? Maybe start a little lower with just one or even half of one. My leg has really been bothering me the last couple of days so I have to get exercising and I will check in tonight.

#513 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

Ladies I survived my Dept dinner last night but just barely...aargh. I received the most fantastic news last night though which made it all worth it. My daughter, my first born is engaged!!!! They plan on getting married next year :). I couldnt stop smiling and crying. Our relationship has been a very nstrained one over the years (long story). I was so happy that she told me and even invited me to the wedding. I never thought I would be attending her wedding.

After work but before the dinner last night I went power shopping and got alot done in 45 mins...lol.

Today I was off work due to accompanying my friend to the cementary to pick out her husband`s urn and internment arrangements. Then I went shopping, came home put a roast beef on for tomorrow`s pot luck at work. Made rum ball cookies ( abit heavy on the rum..oops). Now on to the nect batch of cookies.

I am very tired today as I could not sleep last night - was looking at the clock every hour which pissed me off because I should have been able to sleep later today :(

Zaps not bad today but I find my pain levels are increasing with the damp weather. I remember what I felt like last winter and that scares me. As I find the cold & dampness really spikes the pain levels.

Oh I heard back from the lawyer :( They stated that they wouldnt take the case because there was enough money involved ie: I didnt lose enought time from work etc.

I think I am staerting to ramble but I just wanted to check in quickly.

#514 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

Ladies I survived my Dept dinner last night but just barely...aargh. I received the most fantastic news last night though which made it all worth it. My daughter, my first born is engaged!!!! They plan on getting married next year :). I couldnt stop smiling and crying. Our relationship has been a very nstrained one over the years (long story). I was so happy that she told me and even invited me to the wedding. I never thought I would be attending her wedding.

After work but before the dinner last night I went power shopping and got alot done in 45 mins...lol.

Today I was off work due to accompanying my friend to the cementary to pick out her husband`s urn and internment arrangements. Then I went shopping, came home put a roast beef on for tomorrow`s pot luck at work. Made rum ball cookies ( abit heavy on the rum..oops). Now on to the nect batch of cookies.

I am very tired today as I could not sleep last night - was looking at the clock every hour which pissed me off because I should have been able to sleep later today :(

Zaps not bad today but I find my pain levels are increasing with the damp weather. I remember what I felt like last winter and that scares me. As I find the cold & dampness really spikes the pain levels.

Oh I heard back from the lawyer :( They stated that they wouldnt take the case because there was enough money involved ie: I didnt lose enought time from work etc.

I think I am staerting to ramble but I just wanted to check in quickly.

AWWWW CONGRATS about your daughter :) I'm so happy for you!!!! Glad you survived the company dinner. Wow you sure have been busy good for you!

I'm sorry to hear about the lawyers but not surprised. I had a hell of a time fighting my own auto ins and my lawyer finally talked me into settling and I didn't get crap after they got their fees and all the dr fees etc. Then I asked about social security and no one would represent me until after I had been denied. Well I'm on my 3rd try and not hiring a lawyer so I don't expect to get it any how. If they can't make a huge chunk of $$ they won't bother.

I can relate on the weather affecting the pain. Winter is awful for me. Bad enough I get the seasonal affective disorder then to add in pain on top of it. Whoohoo pity party for one this way.

Well I hope you get some good sleep tonight and glad you got some shopping done :)

#515 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

Well I now know part of the culprit for my dizziness. It's the L-tyrosine I think. I didn't have dizziness all day until just a bit ago. Other than that I think it was better taking it before working out. I will try that time again tomorrow and see how it goes or if I have dizziness again after taking it. And a bit ago started to get a slight headache. Thinking I will keep with just taking about 200mg for now. Since my mood is better today I decided after tonight I will try 2.5mg of the C tomorrow night.

Any way Tina it says the common side effects of the L-tyrosine are headache, nausea, heart burn and fatigue. Like anything there are always possible side effects. But I def think you probably started off with way too much. Maybe just try 200mg once a day for a while and see if it still bothers you.

#516 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

Well I now know part of the culprit for my dizziness. It's the L-tyrosine I think. I didn't have dizziness all day until just a bit ago. Other than that I think it was better taking it before working out. I will try that time again tomorrow and see how it goes or if I have dizziness again after taking it. And a bit ago started to get a slight headache. Thinking I will keep with just taking about 200mg for now. Since my mood is better today I decided after tonight I will try 2.5mg of the C tomorrow night.

Any way Tina it says the common side effects of the L-tyrosine are headache, nausea, heart burn and fatigue. Like anything there are always possible side effects. But I def think you probably started off with way too much. Maybe just try 200mg once a day for a while and see if it still bothers you.

Hey You that didnt sound like a pity party for one at all. Seems like you have had a couple of really good days. Keep focused on the journey and not the destination honey. You are doing great!!!! If you dont believe it I will send you another inspirational note....lol

#517 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

Of course I can't know whether you really are a little imp, but I have a strong feeling that you are :) And it is a compliment. I like imps. They are funny, intelligent, independent, whole-hearted and never boring. I'd say that there are some twinkling little devils lurking behind one's ear when one is an imp :) The hair cut is great!

So are all of you ill now? What you described in your next mail sounded very much like a good old flu and not the C. I mean, if even your kids have it. Over here everybody's ill, too. I have exchanged my sinus infection for a sore throat. Hope it doesn't grow into a cough. Little hope though as two of my friends and their kids are having it now and I have spent too much time with them, hugged the kids etc.
It will be good to be rid of the C. in order to see what is drug-induced and what isn't.
PMS is something I never really suffered from, apart from migraines. But if I keep stress out of my way and sleep a lot I'm fine. The strange thing about it is that my humour is actually really good during that time! But after my period I always have a little down. Like a post partum depression lol. I wish somebody could explain that to me. So my PMS is post, not pre-.

I'm not sure what to suggest concerning your internship and the C. Maybe you should not lower the dose to zero but after the internship? That would give your humour, pain, sickness etc some time to get better. How long is the internship?

By the way: 28mg Cymbalta today hoar hoar hoar!!! :) (I'm stubborn and maybe silly but I am feeling quite myself again, some little bouts of anxiety but bearable, so I kicked fear in the ass and dared to take out those 20 balls)
And I scratched a tiny little edge off of the Prozac. I hate that it makes me completely asexual.
Let's see how I do with the minus 2mg till Friday. Then I will go back down to 25mg. And from then on only 4-5mg steps.

Ok, Truckp., I'll go for a little nap now as I was up till late yesterday, then couldn't fall asleep and finally slept only 3-4 hours max.
How's your sleeping doing?

awww lol thanks I think...lmao imp. How I wish I really were ;) Well not sure about the being sick. I'm fine today, my oldest seems fine (think her headache is PMS related...she seems to be rather moody like I get). The youngest however still is stuffy, slight cough etc. So not sure about her yet. She seems fine and hasn't complained any so maybe I will be lucky and it's just her allergies again. When she misses one day of the allergy med they kick right in and takes a few days.

My internship is 150hrs so a good two months worth. I go from 10a to 3p Mon-Thur. The first month I won't need to worry about the PMS by the time I start I start my internship lol. It's the second month and the worries of worklife later on. Keep hoping the extra Vitex does the job and each month will get better. Too old and don't want to take birth control just for that issue. I get migraines with mine too and funny thing is I never had them until after my second baby so still wonder if the AD's had something to do with it. Sleep is much better thank you. Now I can't get my butt up in the morning lol.

You silly girl I'm shocked you dropped your dose again already ;) Well I sure hope it goes well this time around. Hopefully less anxiety and less depression. Did you get rested up I hope?

#518 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

Hey You that didnt sound like a pity party for one at all. Seems like you have had a couple of really good days. Keep focused on the journey and not the destination honey. You are doing great!!!! If you dont believe it I will send you another inspirational note....lol

LMAO I meant when the S.A.D and the increased pain kick in is when the pity party begins. Quit giving me hell girl!! :P

Well I haven't accomplished much since my last post. One more load of laundry lol. I'm tired out ready for bed I do declare!

#519 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

Wow I had such a deep awesome sleep it was so wonderful! I wonder if taking the L-tyrosine later in the day made a difference. I'm feeling my workout this morning too. So true what they say when you miss it's def like starting all over. But considering all the circumstances last week that I still worked out 3 days I think it's still pretty good. Just wish I hadn't skipped 4 days in a row but still proud I did something.

Jnine now that you are off the C have you noticed any good changes with your skin at all? I just wondered as mine is really improving in the face better than before. I went through a time when tapering that it was really a mess and it never was like that before but this is even better than it has been in years. Wondering if it's the C getting out of my system or something I am taking. I also constantly have those little red kind of spotches on my chest that I think are starting to look better too. I always knew that was due to meds.

Tonight I go down to 2.5mg. Hoping all goes well and will soon be done with this mess. I hope. Then it will recouping my body and brain for the next 8-12months. Should be another interesting ride.

#520 Bunny515

Bunny515

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

Morning ladies:

I had a pretty good weekend i guess. Besides being lazy all day Saturday that is. Saturday night hubby & I went down to my friends (the one whose husband passed) to fix her TV for her but that was all I did Saturday. Yesterday I awoke early (WTH 5;30am), cleaned out the fride, went food shopping, baked 3 dozen sugar cookies, 4 dozen macaroons and a banana bread plus a roasted chicken for dinner. I even impressed myself...lol

Of course this morning with it being Monday I didnt want to get up :( I have a busy week ahead with all this xmas stuff. Tonight is my dept dinner at work, tomorrow I have to cook for a pot luck lunch here at work on Wednesday, i still have alot more baking to do, plus a couple more gifts to get. Then wrap all the crap......... I am tired already.

I decided to reach out to a lawyer regarding my foot and just the over all care I have received from my doctor over the past 2 yrs. They called me this morning and started that they will be getting back to me to let me know if they will be taking on the case.

Well it has been over a week now without any Cymbalta. I am still having some "zaps" but not as bad just so damn tired all the time. At times I wonder if I will ever be to "old" me again.

For each of us this is our own unique journey and there is no right or wrong way to do it but it is a blessing to know that we have each other to see us through it.

I would love to meet all of you too and found what I have got to know about us a night at a bar sounds perfect to let off some steam.

I hope everyone has a good day.

OMG how the hell am I going to put up with my co-workers till 9pm tonight - I can barely tolerate some of them for 8hrs let alone 12hrs :(

Hey Jnine; Congratulations on being C free!

#521 Bunny515

Bunny515

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

HI ladies;

Thought I would check in. Was away for the weekend visiting family (actually, accompanied my aunt to divorce court on Monday... that's another story) I am still having headaches pretty much every day. Saw the Dr this morning and he is dropping my dose of prozac back down to 10mg. But I will continue with the wellbutrin. Oh well it is what it is. Sorry I'm a little out of it today. Have so much on the go and as I was driving home from the Dr's appt I scratched up our car. Felt so stupid about that. It was in our parking garage, there was a workman working in an area where you have to make a tight turn. I was so focussed on not hitting the workman, that I caught the back right wheel well against a concrete post. Thankfully the damage is all cosmetic but I just feel awful about it.

Also, my mom get's released from hospital today. I have to go pick her up this afternoon and take her home. I'm worried she is going to stop taking her meds again.... so we'll see. I told my Dr this morning that I've been doing well but that's partly because I don't have any stressors right now. Hopefully that will continue.

Hubby and I will be heading out on a road trip this Saturday for 10 days, so from Saturday, I won't be posting again until the new year. Just wanted to let you know, and hope you all enjoy your holidays.

XOXOXO

#522 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

HI ladies;

Thought I would check in. Was away for the weekend visiting family (actually, accompanied my aunt to divorce court on Monday... that's another story) I am still having headaches pretty much every day. Saw the Dr this morning and he is dropping my dose of prozac back down to 10mg. But I will continue with the wellbutrin. Oh well it is what it is. Sorry I'm a little out of it today. Have so much on the go and as I was driving home from the Dr's appt I scratched up our car. Felt so stupid about that. It was in our parking garage, there was a workman working in an area where you have to make a tight turn. I was so focussed on not hitting the workman, that I caught the back right wheel well against a concrete post. Thankfully the damage is all cosmetic but I just feel awful about it.

Also, my mom get's released from hospital today. I have to go pick her up this afternoon and take her home. I'm worried she is going to stop taking her meds again.... so we'll see. I told my Dr this morning that I've been doing well but that's partly because I don't have any stressors right now. Hopefully that will continue.

Hubby and I will be heading out on a road trip this Saturday for 10 days, so from Saturday, I won't be posting again until the new year. Just wanted to let you know, and hope you all enjoy your holidays.

XOXOXO

Enjoy your Holidays hun and stay safe! Have a good trip :)

#523 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

OK I was wrong it's not the L-tyrosine causing the dizziness. Just the good ole C. I have accomplished nothing so far today. I'm fatigued and really need to get busy so going to have to force myself. Need to workout first then I think I can get the house done in the next few hours. I really shouldn't have taken a nap earlier, it screwed me all up and think it made me more tired. Hope everyone is doing well today and I will check in later.

#524 Heartfeathers

Heartfeathers

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • why_joining:
    I no longer trust the medical profession and I will NEVER take another prescription drug again! NEVER!!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

Is it possible to keep the personal chit chat to private messages? Asking politely.....

#525 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

Wow I had such a deep awesome sleep it was so wonderful! I wonder if taking the L-tyrosine later in the day made a difference. I'm feeling my workout this morning too. So true what they say when you miss it's def like starting all over. But considering all the circumstances last week that I still worked out 3 days I think it's still pretty good. Just wish I hadn't skipped 4 days in a row but still proud I did something.

Jnine now that you are off the C have you noticed any good changes with your skin at all? I just wondered as mine is really improving in the face better than before. I went through a time when tapering that it was really a mess and it never was like that before but this is even better than it has been in years. Wondering if it's the C getting out of my system or something I am taking. I also constantly have those little red kind of spotches on my chest that I think are starting to look better too. I always knew that was due to meds.

Tonight I go down to 2.5mg. Hoping all goes well and will soon be done with this mess. I hope. Then it will recouping my body and brain for the next 8-12months. Should be another interesting ride.

So glad you were able to sleep :) That's perfect. It feels so good to get enough sleep and get work done.
I also have those spots!!! But I never thought they were due to the meds. I also have red spots in my face, but those are more like little moles.
I wish you luck with the next step down. Hang on - was that why you were tired?
The fatigue is awful, Truckp., but it's better than not sleeping. Maybe just enjoy the next couple of days when you sleep more than during the last days? Your body needs it, too.

I' still fine. Today I had tiny little bouts of anxiety in the afternoon, but I was able to ban them :)
So maybe I'll be able to drop to 25mg again tomo. Then I'll have lost only a week.
I had bouts of sickness today, and I do suspect the l-tyrosine. I was able to get rid of it by breathing technique, it was just a bit annoying because I was sick in the classroom and had to sit down. But the kids didn't really notice, I think. Maybe I'll take one l-tyrosine less tomo.
A bit scared of reducing already tomo. But hey, it's a try. I could also go down by another 2 tomo, and one last on monday or so.
Girls, tomo and the day after are our last days at school yippee!!!
AND I got a message from the ministry that I' officially free for 2 years from July on. Without money and permission to work more than 8 hours per week, too, but we'll see. I have to call them back to ask them if they will take me back on if I don't find a job till May. I had alrady required them to confirm this but they didn't. Just sent me the permission to go. Strange.
Anyway, it was a good feeling to know that in summer something new will start :)

Bunny, I wish you a happy holiday, a very merry Christmas, a happy New Year and speak soon!!!! xxx

#526 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

Is it possible to keep the personal chit chat to private messages? Asking politely.....

I am sorry if you find our posts to be personal `chit chat`. I was under the assumption that this was a forum for support with Cymbalta. That support for me includes supporting me through the daily routines, emotions & events that Cymbalta has altered not just advising someone how to detox from this med.

Just stating my opinion politely......

#527 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

I am sorry if you find our posts to be personal `chit chat`. I was under the assumption that this was a forum for support with Cymbalta. That support for me includes supporting me through the daily routines, emotions & events that Cymbalta has altered not just advising someone how to detox from this med.

Just stating my opinion politely......

Correct!!!! If I hadn't had this exchange of thoughts AND the personal chit chat I would have been lost!!!
Besides, it's not possible to talk about the withdrawals without its consequences on our personal lives.
AND I'm not only a robot having been treated with the wrong oil. I'm a person with a life and if I talk to other people with a life I will talk about their lives with them too. Why don't you stick to reading what pleases your eyes, Heartfeathers?? You have a choice.

#528 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

I can't believe how anyone can be SO rude. I wonder if I should rather not wish you a merry Christmas. It might be too chitchatty.

#529 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

I can't believe how anyone can be SO rude. I wonder if I should rather not wish you a merry Christmas. It might be too chitchatty.

LADIES: My suggestion is not to give this person any more of our energy or attention and to just caring on with our posts as they fit our needs!!! Just saying politely......

#530 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Being it's a public forum it's not really personal. Cymbalta withdrawals affect every aspect of ones daily life from the time they get up to whether they sleep peacefully or not. This has become a support group for us and to let others know that every little thing we deal with, have tried, what helps or doesn't is to show them they aren't alone. No one is expected to read it or follow along if they don't wish. For us it helps to have others to interact with and discuss these things but not everything has to be so negative or bad. It's good to hear about happy things in someones life as well as the bad. Any one is welcome to join in if they need to discuss a withdrawal symptom or wish to offer words of wisdom of those who have successfully gotten off the Cymbalta without still having side effects or the need to take another AD or if they just feel the need to have someone to talk about it all with. People need to talk about what goes on or they won't truly get over some of the withdrawals, they will get down and feel secluded. Unfortunately there is no local support group and not everyone has family that understands or can help them. We can help each other and that's what we do on this thread. I started this thread with the full intention of writing daily on my battles with the C and what has worked or not worked for me. I feel blessed that I have others who wished to join me and have become friends with during this time. Without them I wouldn't have made it down to 2.5mg and I wouldn't know for sure what was a withdrawal or something else. I specifically stated when I started this thread that I wanted to post daily about what I'm feeling and going through to help myself and others. No one has to read it if they don't wish. I didn't see anyone else posting much and I needed this to help me get through it all. It's not easy to deal with and I feel it's important for others to know they aren't going crazy and they are not alone. Everyone has a right to their opinion but my opinion is I feel it's better to have support during something like this than to sit, hide, be alone, wonder or suffer. If someone needs to reach out to talk or vent about it all then they should be able too without feeling like someone is judging them or being negative.

#531 Heartfeathers

Heartfeathers

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • why_joining:
    I no longer trust the medical profession and I will NEVER take another prescription drug again! NEVER!!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

Well excuse me. Blame the Cymbalta. I grit my teeth as I search and search for answers and just see things about engagements and other personal things. I have been off the poison for 7 months now and I am looking for answers as to why I am still suffering. Good luck. Btw, I was accepted into the Class Action. Yippee. Onward we fight.

#532 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Well excuse me. Blame the Cymbalta. I grit my teeth as I search and search for answers and just see things about engagements and other personal things. I have been off the poison for 7 months now and I am looking for answers as to why I am still suffering. Good luck. Btw, I was accepted into the Class Action. Yippee. Onward we fight.

And I grit my teeth reading this post of yours. Please move on to other thread and let US support each other the way WE need to support each other.

#533 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

Oh and do not blame the cymbalta for your personality and lack of respect for others.

#534 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

So glad you were able to sleep :) That's perfect. It feels so good to get enough sleep and get work done.
I also have those spots!!! But I never thought they were due to the meds. I also have red spots in my face, but those are more like little moles.
I wish you luck with the next step down. Hang on - was that why you were tired?
The fatigue is awful, Truckp., but it's better than not sleeping. Maybe just enjoy the next couple of days when you sleep more than during the last days? Your body needs it, too.

I' still fine. Today I had tiny little bouts of anxiety in the afternoon, but I was able to ban them :)
So maybe I'll be able to drop to 25mg again tomo. Then I'll have lost only a week.
I had bouts of sickness today, and I do suspect the l-tyrosine. I was able to get rid of it by breathing technique, it was just a bit annoying because I was sick in the classroom and had to sit down. But the kids didn't really notice, I think. Maybe I'll take one l-tyrosine less tomo.
A bit scared of reducing already tomo. But hey, it's a try. I could also go down by another 2 tomo, and one last on monday or so.
Girls, tomo and the day after are our last days at school yippee!!!
AND I got a message from the ministry that I' officially free for 2 years from July on. Without money and permission to work more than 8 hours per week, too, but we'll see. I have to call them back to ask them if they will take me back on if I don't find a job till May. I had alrady required them to confirm this but they didn't. Just sent me the permission to go. Strange.
Anyway, it was a good feeling to know that in summer something new will start :)

Bunny, I wish you a happy holiday, a very merry Christmas, a happy New Year and speak soon!!!! xxx

I'm wondering about taking the l-tyrosine at night if it would be better or not?? I think I will try it tomorrow night. Not sure why I had fatigue today. I started the 2.5mg tonight. Hoping all goes well. WOW that's awesome you were able to banish the anxiety whooohoo :) I hope it keeps being as easy for you or just goes away all together.

Wow girl you are determined! Are you sure you don't want to wait a couple more days before dropping to 25mg yet? Shoot honestly I'm kind of scared going down to 2.5. I have exactly 8 capsules left so this will be it.

So I am confused about the job?? So come summer you are free to leave?

#535 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

I'm wondering about taking the l-tyrosine at night if it would be better or not?? I think I will try it tomorrow night. Not sure why I had fatigue today. I started the 2.5mg tonight. Hoping all goes well. WOW that's awesome you were able to banish the anxiety whooohoo :) I hope it keeps being as easy for you or just goes away all together.

Wow girl you are determined! Are you sure you don't want to wait a couple more days before dropping to 25mg yet? Shoot honestly I'm kind of scared going down to 2.5. I have exactly 8 capsules left so this will be it.

Oh, how exciting - let me know how you're getting on on the lower dose. You're a tough fighter, too, Truckp. x
By the way, why are you going in smaller steps now? Is it getting more dangerous or more difficult the nearer we get to zero? Arrrgh... :blink: :o

Yes, I'm proud of myself :rolleyes: hehe. But I'm only able to beat the little bouts of anxiety, not the real bad ones. But that's something at least. And I'm glad that I'm fine on 28mg. It's actually the dose I should have been on before. Remember that I went from 32 to 25? Up to now I had gone down by 4mg, so it would actually have been 28mg for me last week. I was just impatient and wanted to reach that "mark" of 25mg. It sounds much less than 28 lol.

I will try the 25mg tomo.

I'm tired again, too. Strangely enough I found it hard to fall asleep yesterday night, and I had stomach cramps. Plus my throat is aching so and my sinus is still not ok.
I called in sick today because I was actually afraid of driving to work feeling a bit dizzy and having slept only 2 hours. I have only just called them, that's why I'm already at my desk. Will make myself some tea and try to get a couple of hours of sleep now.
Only sorry for my kids :( We had wanted to do a Julklap today. Well we'll do it tomo.
Do you know the scandinavian Julklap?

xxx

#536 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

Oh, you call it "Secret Santa" :)
Over here the kids draw lots. They have to make a tiny present for the kid who is on their lot. But they mustn't let the other one know, the other one has to guess. Besides we wrap the present several times and on each layer there's another name, so every child gets to unwrap more than just one present and some presents have so many layers that they go around 10 times before finally arriving. That's always big fun.
We even do 2 presents this year. One "nice" present and one senseless one. We call it "Crap Santa". You just put something funny in it, make a joke, but of course nothing nasty. And you usually still add some sweets.

This is a great thing for boosting your mood! Watching the kids do it is great, mwah, little sweethearts.

#537 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

Why not try the l-tyrosine at night for a couple of days? Who knows, the things that make some people awake, make others tired. And what do you have to loose apart from another crap night :blink: . No seriously, I think it's worth trying because it might be a good thing on the long run. Go for it. It's always trial and error. Will tell you about my drop in dosage too. Just in case it's bad, we can still swear together lol.

Hey Jnine, I loved your outburst ;)

#538 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

Why not try the l-tyrosine at night for a couple of days? Who knows, the things that make some people awake, make others tired. And what do you have to loose apart from another crap night :blink: . No seriously, I think it's worth trying because it might be a good thing on the long run. Go for it. It's always trial and error. Will tell you about my drop in dosage too. Just in case it's bad, we can still swear together lol.

Hey Jnine, I loved your outburst ;)

Aww Juklap sounds fun. Hopefully you can do it with the kids tomorrow. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Do you think it's wds or actually sick with something? It's so hard to tell with all the crazy wds.

I really have no reason for going from 5mg to 2.5mg other than I thought it would be best for me to take it in smaller steps as I get closer to the end. I mean 5mg may not seem like much but I it's enough that when you first drop you notice. Just thought it would go smoother this way is all. And I will take all 8 pills I have left and then be done. I still have my baggie full of pellets if need be but I sure hope not. That will give me two full weeks of being off before starting my internship so hopefully by then I should start to feel pretty good. But any way today so far I feel fine.

Let me know how your drop in dose goes. I sure hope it goes good for you. This crap is so frustrating. Sometimes I swear it feels like a never ending battle. Can you imagine going cold turkey? I can't imagine stopping cold turkey or how anyone could do it. Me going just a few days without it at 15mg was hard, though still better than when I went from 60 to nothing that one time. I just think going that way is too much of a shock to the system and it must screw up those neuros in the brain. Not getting the chance to let the body slowly rebuild on it's own.

OK I will take the Ltyrosine tonight and let you know if it works better that way. Like you said the worst that could happen is I'm up all night. And hey guess if I am I can get more stuff done LOL.I think no matter what the fatigue is going to come and go for a while since it's one of the most common side effects of C. I had to force myself through my workout yesterday. My body just literally felt exhausted. I keep joking I'm gonna take speed or something to boost my energy so I can get crap done and lose weight. I get sick of the constant fatigue, esp looking back on all these yrs of it from being on the C. Hell I'm surprised they don't put a small dose of that in with the C and really get ppl addicted. I joke about it but would never do it and it's not a stab at anyone personally. Just frustration of the chronic fatigue is all.

I hope you get some rest and feel better. I will check in later. I think I accidentally took two of my allergy pills this morning and now can hardly keep my eyes open. I usually stumble down here and take it with some advil right away. Then I couldn't remember if I took it or not but didn't think I had so took another. But then realized the bottle was sitting out making me think I had already taken it. Too late.

#539 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

Gosh, yes, just imagine if they were to add some energizing stuff to the C just to overcome the side effect 'fatigue'. To be honest, I wouldn't doubt that they are able to do it. I'd say they are capable of everything just to make the C. stay on the market or sell even better.
You know such things as these actually get me philosophying. How can humans be so short sighted where money is concerned? They scorn the environment (emission of CO2 etc), they scorn radioactive contamination of the soil, the water, the people...and the consequences like death/cancer (Fukushima just one example), they scorn criminality (education system going down, low-wage and short-term jobs), financial ruin (risky credits or investments)...
They just look at the moment and the money that they get from it right now.
That leaves only one explanation: People either don't care at all (which is just silly on the long run, but the general public is stupid, so...) or they needn't fear any risks! Just look at the pharma industry and how hard it is to get them. Even the FDA supports the C although they have so much proof that the C is dangerous. I must admit that the C helped with my depression. But if you kill one devil by introducing another one that's crazy.
I wonder if scientists have already found good medication for depression but are just not allowed to publish their results.

#540 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

I'll think of you today and send some fortifying vibes! I understand that you are worried. We'll keep up your spirits just in case it goes badly, don't worry!

About the job...I only got leave to go, that's all. But they only let me go on the condition that I won't work for anybody else in between, at least not for money. I am allowed to work 8 hours per week which is ridiculous. That's how it is when you tied yourself to an old system: I'm a civil servant and I have to stay "true to the state".
I have to be available for them and not start working somewhere else. In return they offer me that I can come back whenever I want and getting the same pay as always. They guarantee me a job which is a lot in unstable times like this.
So now I'm looking for a job that they support (everything that is being paid by them: German Schools in other countries, jobs as a national consultant for teachers of German in other countries, work in a Goethe Institute which is a centre of German culture and language...) but it's hard to get such a job. I'm writing applications right now. The one for California and Valencia and Sydney are applications like that.
Or if I don't work with them, I may volunteer. But I haven't any money to support myself through it, so I need a job as a volunteer who gets food and bed for free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users