#541 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

I'm having stupid headaches these days :(
I don't know if my sinus infection and the throat thing are due to the C. I actually tend to think it's the C. because I never really had to sneeze or to cough. It's just sore and swollen all over.
And THAT is something I read about the C. Besides they were talking about flu-like symptoms, and that I do have. My head is aching so, I'm exhausted and my whole breathing system is crap right now. The fatigue is not as bad as it used to be - I am not constantly sleepy and feeling as if I only had to stretch out and would fall asleep again. But I do yawn a lot and am exhausted. I don't get stuff done because I'm so weary to start. Same for the workout. Well, when one has a cold one isn't supposed to workout anyway because it's dangerous for the heart. So I have this excuse for being lazy. I only wish that the headache would go away, bah.
Ah, and I am itchy all over, too, have been for weeks. Today my face skin is burning. And I'm so thirsty all the time which is probably due to the night sweats. I still have to put a towel underneath at night, otherwise my sheets get soaked.
All in all I'd say, the withdrawals are the main culprit, and the immune system is necessarily a bit weak with all this stress, so it might be that there's also a virus I'm dealing with.
Just hope I'll be better for Christmas. My parents mustn't get ill. Both have problems with their heart. So I'm careful what I do to mine. Don't worry, though, I haven't inherited it, my mum has her weak heart from a terrible illness she had and my dad's muscle texture was too thick, so they had to reduce it which is the reason why he has a pacemaker now. Well, I hopefully haven't inherited my father's heart muscle texture, but that's another matter. Just wanted to say, I would hate to pass my flu thing on to them.

#542 houtex

houtex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

Hello to Truckp and the Girls,
I haven't been posting much lately. I have had company and trying hard to keep it together. I started a new (for me) AD a bit less than 2 weeks ago. Since being off the C, I have been very nervous and anxious. We will see if that helps.
Jnine, I just had to tell you this. My right foot has been swollen and painful for the past week. Well, guess what? My doc examined it yesterday, and she thinks it is broken. No wonder the darned thing hurts so much. I thought it was a funny coincidence that both of our feet are fractured. i got an Xray, but haven't heard from the doc yet. She tells me that with foot fractures they are sometimes difficult to see with Xray, and must be seen with a MRI. Go figure.
I have been off the C for 45 days or so. Should I be feeling so anxious and nervous? Is it my work, or a combo of the 2? I do not know. All I know is that I am not myself. I have to force myself to eat, most of the time. The foot fracture? Coincidence or another side effect of C? I would surely like to know. I hope all you ladies are doing well. I will send good thoughts all your way. Please send some for me!
Houtex

#543 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

I haven't been posting much lately. I have had company and trying hard to keep it together. I started a new (for me) AD a bit less than 2 weeks ago. Since being off the C, I have been very nervous and anxious. We will see if that helps.
Jnine, I just had to tell you this. My right foot has been swollen and painful for the past week. Well, guess what? My doc examined it yesterday, and she thinks it is broken. No wonder the darned thing hurts so much. I thought it was a funny coincidence that both of our feet are fractured. i got an Xray, but haven't heard from the doc yet. She tells me that with foot fractures they are sometimes difficult to see with Xray, and must be seen with a MRI. Go figure.
I have been off the C for 45 days or so. Should I be feeling so anxious and nervous? Is it my work, or a combo of the 2? I do not know. All I know is that I am not myself. I have to force myself to eat, most of the time. The foot fracture? Coincidence or another side effect of C? I would surely like to know. I hope all you ladies are doing well. I will send good thoughts all your way. Please send some for me!
Houtex

Poor Houtex, let me give you a quick hug. I know anxiety too well and I'm sorry that it is still torturing you so. Don't give up. Maybe just take this AD for a while until you feel stable and well again. And then wean off of it as slowly as you can. Never go cold turkey again. I guess that your brain is really having a hard time to recover from the C. So maybe it was a good decision of your doc to put you back on an AD, so you can start the process more slowly this time. I'm sending you many helping thoughts and a big hug!
I can't believe that you're having fractures, too now. I wonder what Jnine will say - I bet she'll go for a big rant lol. No, this is no laughing matter, only that it is sometimes so ridiculously incredible and if you don't laugh you don't keep your feet on the ground. So please don't get me wrong. Jnine either x
Houtex, don't doubt yourself or your life, unless there's really something absolutely wrong. Anxiety doesn't just come like that. There usually has been a major stress for a long time if you get anxiety. I would really think that it's the C.

#544 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

I'm having stupid headaches these days :(
I don't know if my sinus infection and the throat thing are due to the C. I actually tend to think it's the C. because I never really had to sneeze or to cough. It's just sore and swollen all over.
And THAT is something I read about the C. Besides they were talking about flu-like symptoms, and that I do have. My head is aching so, I'm exhausted and my whole breathing system is crap right now. The fatigue is not as bad as it used to be - I am not constantly sleepy and feeling as if I only had to stretch out and would fall asleep again. But I do yawn a lot and am exhausted. I don't get stuff done because I'm so weary to start. Same for the workout. Well, when one has a cold one isn't supposed to workout anyway because it's dangerous for the heart. So I have this excuse for being lazy. I only wish that the headache would go away, bah.
Ah, and I am itchy all over, too, have been for weeks. Today my face skin is burning. And I'm so thirsty all the time which is probably due to the night sweats. I still have to put a towel underneath at night, otherwise my sheets get soaked.
All in all I'd say, the withdrawals are the main culprit, and the immune system is necessarily a bit weak with all this stress, so it might be that there's also a virus I'm dealing with.
Just hope I'll be better for Christmas. My parents mustn't get ill. Both have problems with their heart. So I'm careful what I do to mine. Don't worry, though, I haven't inherited it, my mum has her weak heart from a terrible illness she had and my dad's muscle texture was too thick, so they had to reduce it which is the reason why he has a pacemaker now. Well, I hopefully haven't inherited my father's heart muscle texture, but that's another matter. Just wanted to say, I would hate to pass my flu thing on to them.

Yes I read that as well that ALL of those symptoms you are having are wds from the C. It's crazy what this crap can do to a person! Wow that's scary about all the heart issues going on with your parents. I certainly hope you don't have any. Let me know how you keep doing with your dose. It almost seems to get better for a bit then worse and then better again doesn't it? At least it's how I feel. Any way I sure hope you feel better soon. <3

#545 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

Oh Houtex :( I wish this would get better for you. I can't believe your foot!! This is just insane! Yes tiny fractures are difficult to see in the foot. Right after my accident my foot kept bothering me. Had xrays and was told I had a couple of small fractures and stuck with a walking cast of which then my pain just spread from there. Then went to another dr who said he didn't see anything on the xrays! So WTF? I realize certain areas are hard to see but I still swear that it all really depends on who reads them. However, at least the fracture would be something less complex. Not saying it's good just you know what I mean. I have to agree though it's still wds from cymbalta I think.

Well I felt tired out again this morning and went back to sleep for a bit. Then felt like I had a hangover, head the dizziness and head swooshing feeling.Had to push myself to clean and workout but I managed. The dizziness and head swooshing has eased up but took two rugby pills and a while before it did. I will also say that after exercising it improved a lot. Any thoughts on this? Problem is I am not sure if it was the C (which I'm sure it is) or the screw up with the allergy med or the fact I also screwed up and took the ltyrosine when I wanted to wait until later. My mood however stayed pretty well so that's a plus and I hope it continues. Hard to say for sure as it seems to hit good the second or third day of dropping. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can do this and do it well.

#546 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

Houtex

A VERY BIG WTF Fractured feet from Cymbalta???? Do you remember doing anything to your foot because I have no memory of hurting mine at all. I actually remember the night it started hurting and I had just stepped down off a curb and the pain was unbelievable. I just thought I was getting old plus it was damp out that night. If this is a side effect from this evil med I will scream from a roof top I swear.

#547 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

Yes I read that as well that ALL of those symptoms you are having are wds from the C. It's crazy what this crap can do to a person! Wow that's scary about all the heart issues going on with your parents. I certainly hope you don't have any. Let me know how you keep doing with your dose. It almost seems to get better for a bit then worse and then better again doesn't it? At least it's how I feel. Any way I sure hope you feel better soon. <3

Oh, do you have that rythm, too, Truckp.? Yes, I also feel as if it gets better first, then worse and then better again. Do you mean that this is how it works in general over the time or that this is what happens directly after having reduced the dosage?
Usually I feel the first bouts of anxiety one or two days after a reduction. The first two days tend to be euphoric. No idea why. Maybe the body rejoices in being rid of the chemicals ...or it's my body's response to the lack of drug, firing all reserves into the system to keep up the balance. And afterwards there's nothing left to give, so that's when the bad withdrawals start and when the body builds up the receptors again. No idea if that's true but this explanation does sound logic, doesn't it?

I'm glad that I got stable quickly when I went up again to 30mg. And I'm glad that I was able to lower the dosage directly afterwards. Today I went down to 25mg again and am a bit scared. But it really went well with 2mg less such a short time after the "breakdown". That's why I think that I might be ok now.

I sometimes did it that way: I decided to reduce by 4mg per week but did it in two steps: -2mg on Friday and again -2mg on Tuesday. On Tuesday my body always seemed to have recovered a little from the -2mg, so I went on.

But anybody who is reading this - don't take this as the final solution. Everybody is different. Maybe you'll be able to reduce by more than just 4mg per week, or by less. I know that if I want to be able to work and reduce, this is the right pace for me - it's bearable. Not nice, but bearable. I only get little bouts of anxiety, more or less fatigue and all sorts of withdrawals that don't disturb me as much as the anxiety and the fatigue: I get itchy for example or little red spots, or aching knees, numb feelings in my arms etc. It also depends on how much you can take. I know that too much anxiety drives me into a panic, so I better avoid it by slowing down my pace. Some get those electric shock kind of feelings and suffer terribly from it, to a point where they can't function well at work any more. Others just laugh about them.

So, where is Jnine these days? I wonder whether she's locked herself into the kitchen in order to get the 130 cakes done that she has planned to make? :)

Holidays!!! I so enjoy knowing that I don't have to function the next couple of weeks :)

#548 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

A VERY BIG WTF Fractured feet from Cymbalta???? Do you remember doing anything to your foot because I have no memory of hurting mine at all. I actually remember the night it started hurting and I had just stepped down off a curb and the pain was unbelievable. I just thought I was getting old plus it was damp out that night. If this is a side effect from this evil med I will scream from a roof top I swear.

Oh, there you are :)
I was looking forward to your big scream ;) - Isn't this un-be-lievable??!!

#549 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

This is a real world study of Foot fracture among people who take Cymbalta. It is created by eHealthMe based on 172 reports from FDA and user community. In total 41,686 Cymbalta users are studied

Foot fracture
Foot fracture has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure.

On Dec, 21, 2012: 41,686 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta. Among them, 172 people (0.41%) have Foot Fracture.

Time on Cymbalta when people have Foot fracture * :
< 1 month 1 - 6 months 6 - 12 months 1 - 2 years 2 - 5 years 5 - 10 years 10+ years
Foot fracture 17.65% 35.29% 11.76% 29.41% 5.88% 0.00% 0.00%

CAN YOU LADIES HEAR ME SCREAMING???????

http://www.ehealthme...a/foot fracture

#550 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

Oh Houtex :( I wish this would get better for you. I can't believe your foot!! This is just insane! Yes tiny fractures are difficult to see in the foot. Right after my accident my foot kept bothering me. Had xrays and was told I had a couple of small fractures and stuck with a walking cast of which then my pain just spread from there. Then went to another dr who said he didn't see anything on the xrays! So WTF? I realize certain areas are hard to see but I still swear that it all really depends on who reads them. However, at least the fracture would be something less complex. Not saying it's good just you know what I mean. I have to agree though it's still wds from cymbalta I think.

Well I felt tired out again this morning and went back to sleep for a bit. Then felt like I had a hangover, head the dizziness and head swooshing feeling.Had to push myself to clean and workout but I managed. The dizziness and head swooshing has eased up but took two rugby pills and a while before it did. I will also say that after exercising it improved a lot. Any thoughts on this? Problem is I am not sure if it was the C (which I'm sure it is) or the screw up with the allergy med or the fact I also screwed up and took the ltyrosine when I wanted to wait until later. My mood however stayed pretty well so that's a plus and I hope it continues. Hard to say for sure as it seems to hit good the second or third day of dropping. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can do this and do it well.

Truckp - I still have the heas swooshing (perfect description)and it has been 2 weeks without the Evil "C"

#551 houtex

houtex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

Jnine,
I do not recall injuring my foot. That is what is so weird. I knew something was wrong, though. My feet are a big problem, anyway. I was on the C due to neuropathy in them. And now this? I was extremely busy last Thursday and Friday, but I didn't injure myself. Sleep does not come easy these days, even with the new AD and Ambien, to boot. If this anxiety would go away, or at least lessen somewhat, my life would be so much easier. Monday will be 2 weeks since I have been on the new AD.... maybe then I will start to feel a bit of relief. Could C actually weaken the bones in your feet? I don't know.
Houtex

#552 houtex

houtex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

Truckp - I still have the heas swooshing (perfect description)and it has been 2 weeks without the Evil "C"

Truckp,
I remember the head swooshing. Kind of a sickening feeling. You have made it two weeks, though! Yippee for you! I hope you have a good day.
Houtex

#553 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

Jnine,
I do not recall injuring my foot. That is what is so weird. I knew something was wrong, though. My feet are a big problem, anyway. I was on the C due to neuropathy in them. And now this? I was extremely busy last Thursday and Friday, but I didn't injure myself. Sleep does not come easy these days, even with the new AD and Ambien, to boot. If this anxiety would go away, or at least lessen somewhat, my life would be so much easier. Monday will be 2 weeks since I have been on the new AD.... maybe then I will start to feel a bit of relief. Could C actually weaken the bones in your feet? I don't know.
Houtex

See my other post Cymbalta causes fractures!!!!

#554 houtex

houtex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

This is a real world study of Foot fracture among people who take Cymbalta. It is created by eHealthMe based on 172 reports from FDA and user community. In total 41,686 Cymbalta users are studied

Foot fracture
Foot fracture has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure.

On Dec, 21, 2012: 41,686 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta. Among them, 172 people (0.41%) have Foot Fracture.

Time on Cymbalta when people have Foot fracture * :
< 1 month 1 - 6 months 6 - 12 months 1 - 2 years 2 - 5 years 5 - 10 years 10+ years
Foot fracture 17.65% 35.29% 11.76% 29.41% 5.88% 0.00% 0.00%

CAN YOU LADIES HEAR ME SCREAMING???????

http://www.ehealthme...a/foot fracture

Jnine,
You can hear me screaming as I limp around on my 70 hour per week schedule. I want to laugh at myself, but it makes me so mad!
Houtex

#555 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

Jnine,
You can hear me screaming as I limp around on my 70 hour per week schedule. I want to laugh at myself, but it makes me so mad!
Houtex

I hear ya!!! I have been walking around like this for over 3 months :(

#556 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

I hear ya!!! I have been walking around like this for over 3 months :(

Jnine and Houtex, if Cymbalta creates osteoporosis you have to take vitamin D. It helps fast, and it's also important for those of us who life in countries that don't get enough sunshine. My mother had osteoporosis and she took vitamin d in a high dose for a year, afterwards she was fine. Her GP was astonished.
I will ask her what dose she took. I'm taking vitamin d, too, have been for a while now, but I take it for my mood: 5000iu every second day.

By the way girls, my weeping sessions seem to be looming once more. I went shopping for some wrapping paper etc...and of course the city was crowded with people...and couples having a romantic cup of punch at the Christmas market. Usually this only makes me feel a little lonely, but today I kind of started weeping inwardly. I could have squirmed with pain, and I'm not exaggerating. I know that this sounds crazy, but that is what depression is: you feel every psychological pain a hundred times as strong as would be "normal". It was just a bout of
pain, though, and I forced myself to focus on other things. With these pains comes anxiety, though: I really don't go out much because of the workload and because of the fatigue (> how do I mean to get to know somebody?), I don't work out (> fat) ...so I feel less self confident and it's harder to get those negative thoughts out of my head. Jnine, how do you shake off such a pain? Do you also focus on other things?
The thing is that today I was able to shake it off - but when it gets worse no positive thinking will shake it off. It will just stay, even if you make a habit of thinking positively. That also is a symptom of depression.

Well, today it went away, just wanted to tell you what happened today that put me on my guards. It seems that the lower dose already produces withdrawals.

I went down to 25mg again this morning (from 30mg), and I'm positively disgusted how my brain can be so tiresome as to complain about just one additional mg. I want to go down in 5mg steps and not in 4mg steps (< offends my mathematical feelings) :)

#557 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

See this was the first year I was told my Vit D levels were way down and I have to take a lot too every day. The C depletes so many vitamins in your body. This crap really isn't good for you. Like I told myself if it was so great for pain then why do I still have pain? What would they do next up the dose? Now you girls have me wondering if that's why my foot fractured in the car accident. It's all so very interesting to me.

Tina I lost all my friendships after my accident because well I just didn't feel good. I didn't call anyone and they didn't call me. I didn't go out as I didn't feel like it. Girl I would go out dancing ALL the time. It was my fave thing to do and I was in such great shape because of it. So I know how you feel there too. It's hard to push yourself through and pull out of it. It really is. You will get there. Just give yourself time. This wd crap is no joke. I know I feel kind of weepy today and no energy either. I had planned to finish cleaning and get my wrapping done. I did go into town but other than I have just sat here on this damn computer. I cant figure out why the first part of the day I feel fine then it all comes down as the day goes on. The dizziness and head swooshing kick in. I just hope I can hold myself together tomorrow with my family for our Xmas over there. I don't want to be crying like I did on Thanksgiving. I hate it, I feel stupid as there is no reason to even cry. I'd rather rip off heads honestly. Any way I am proud of you for being able to shake it off today and just let it go. I'm so happy it just went away.

I really hate all these ups and downs with this wd. And I keep thinking geesh I was only on 5mg why would 2.5 matter all that much?? But it does. We can do this and eventually we will come out better, stronger and happier!!!! Or I'm seriously kicking some ass! LOL

#558 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

See this was the first year I was told my Vit D levels were way down and I have to take a lot too every day. The C depletes so many vitamins in your body. This crap really isn't good for you. Like I told myself if it was so great for pain then why do I still have pain? What would they do next up the dose? Now you girls have me wondering if that's why my foot fractured in the car accident. It's all so very interesting to me.

Tina I lost all my friendships after my accident because well I just didn't feel good. I didn't call anyone and they didn't call me. I didn't go out as I didn't feel like it. Girl I would go out dancing ALL the time. It was my fave thing to do and I was in such great shape because of it. So I know how you feel there too. It's hard to push yourself through and pull out of it. It really is. You will get there. Just give yourself time. This wd crap is no joke. I know I feel kind of weepy today and no energy either. I had planned to finish cleaning and get my wrapping done. I did go into town but other than I have just sat here on this damn computer. I cant figure out why the first part of the day I feel fine then it all comes down as the day goes on. The dizziness and head swooshing kick in. I just hope I can hold myself together tomorrow with my family for our Xmas over there. I don't want to be crying like I did on Thanksgiving. I hate it, I feel stupid as there is no reason to even cry. I'd rather rip off heads honestly. Any way I am proud of you for being able to shake it off today and just let it go. I'm so happy it just went away.

I really hate all these ups and downs with this wd. And I keep thinking geesh I was only on 5mg why would 2.5 matter all that much?? But it does. We can do this and eventually we will come out better, stronger and happier!!!! Or I'm seriously kicking some ass! LOL

I know how you both feel regarding the ups and downs. Today I havent even got dressed, am so tired and sore. I feel I could sleep for days and cry at a drop of a hat. This drug is flippin evil and has screwed up my life. I have always been a fairly happy go lucky person and this shit has me so depressed at times it's crazy. I have always loved xmas and gift buying wrapping etc not this year it all seems like such a chore. I am also very short with people and easliy angered. I am truly thinking of looking into the canadian lawsuit againt Elily. I want to get all my blood work done & bone density to do a comparasion from a year ago.

Truckp I would be wondering about your fracture from the accident too. It's funny my left wrist is pretty messed up but my "doctor" told me it was arthitis but now I am wondering especially since no xray was done.

I am so lucky that my guy has been understanding regarding this and that we are in a "good" place (know what I mean). If we weren't I think this would be real bad emotionally right now.

My Christmas wish for us all is to get this crap out of our bodies so we can go on being who we are meant to be. Not perfect women but at least our own state of "normal".

#559 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

I know how you both feel regarding the ups and downs. Today I havent even got dressed, am so tired and sore. I feel I could sleep for days and cry at a drop of a hat. This drug is flippin evil and has screwed up my life. I have always been a fairly happy go lucky person and this shit has me so depressed at times it's crazy. I have always loved xmas and gift buying wrapping etc not this year it all seems like such a chore. I am also very short with people and easliy angered. I am truly thinking of looking into the canadian lawsuit againt Elily. I want to get all my blood work done & bone density to do a comparasion from a year ago.

Truckp I would be wondering about your fracture from the accident too. It's funny my left wrist is pretty messed up but my "doctor" told me it was arthitis but now I am wondering especially since no xray was done.

I am so lucky that my guy has been understanding regarding this and that we are in a "good" place (know what I mean). If we weren't I think this would be real bad emotionally right now.

My Christmas wish for us all is to get this crap out of our bodies so we can go on being who we are meant to be. Not perfect women but at least our own state of "normal".

I only got dressed because I had to go to the store. Otherwise I wouldn't have. Didn't even do my hair or anything. Threw on a hat and went. I hate this so much!! I'm glad to be "feeling" again but this is ridiculous. Can't watch anything without wanting to cry. Can't listen to anything as the same thing. I'm so glad to be past the crazy psycho bitch part (lucky for the guy in the gas station today as a few weeks ago I would have knocked him on his ass for cutting in line in front of me). Santa PLEASE bring that speed bag LMAO. But I don't like crying like a fool either. For the most part I can hold it in and suck it up.

Yes you are lucky your guy is understanding and supporting for you. This is hard on those around us too. I'm so thankful I have such great kids who have been so good about it all. They really have. They were smart enough to just leave me alone when they new I needed to be left alone. My husband tries but I think it's def harder on him as he gets the blunt of it all.

My leg is really bothering me today. Weather related or what IDK. It's hard enough dealing with the wds then toss in chronic pain and fatigue and it's such a horrible experience daily. I try my best every day to stay as positive as I can and push through all of this but damn days like today are hard. I'm tired though too. I stayed up too late doing things. Well girls I will check in later. I hope tomorrow is better for all of us!!

#560 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

Truckp., what is your chronic pain due to? If it is nerve damage, is there an inflammation?
You see, I have only just watched a documentary about incense. They are testing it on people with MS because they want to prove that it heals all kinds of inflammations.
And as far as now their patients - who have been taking high doses of it - had 1. not one single side effect and 2. their inflammation is decreasing.

#561 houtex

houtex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

Poor Houtex, let me give you a quick hug. I know anxiety too well and I'm sorry that it is still torturing you so. Don't give up. Maybe just take this AD for a while until you feel stable and well again. And then wean off of it as slowly as you can. Never go cold turkey again. I guess that your brain is really having a hard time to recover from the C. So maybe it was a good decision of your doc to put you back on an AD, so you can start the process more slowly this time. I'm sending you many helping thoughts and a big hug!
I can't believe that you're having fractures, too now. I wonder what Jnine will say - I bet she'll go for a big rant lol. No, this is no laughing matter, only that it is sometimes so ridiculously incredible and if you don't laugh you don't keep your feet on the ground. So please don't get me wrong. Jnine either x
Houtex, don't doubt yourself or your life, unless there's really something absolutely wrong. Anxiety doesn't just come like that. There usually has been a major stress for a long time if you get anxiety. I would really think that it's the C.

Tina,
Thanks for the hug. The doc upped my AD dose and I actually feel a little better today...not so nervous or anxious. Being like that all the time is hard on a body... especially when you have to work and interact with a lot of people, some who are not so pleasant. So, if I am feeling better, I guess it must have been a good decision to go on another AD.. at least for awhile, It is supposed to help with my neuropathy, as well. I sure hope so. Take care, and big hugs back at ya...
Houtex

#562 houtex

houtex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

I only got dressed because I had to go to the store. Otherwise I wouldn't have. Didn't even do my hair or anything. Threw on a hat and went. I hate this so much!! I'm glad to be "feeling" again but this is ridiculous. Can't watch anything without wanting to cry. Can't listen to anything as the same thing. I'm so glad to be past the crazy psycho bitch part (lucky for the guy in the gas station today as a few weeks ago I would have knocked him on his ass for cutting in line in front of me). Santa PLEASE bring that speed bag LMAO. But I don't like crying like a fool either. For the most part I can hold it in and suck it up.

Yes you are lucky your guy is understanding and supporting for you. This is hard on those around us too. I'm so thankful I have such great kids who have been so good about it all. They really have. They were smart enough to just leave me alone when they new I needed to be left alone. My husband tries but I think it's def harder on him as he gets the blunt of it all.

My leg is really bothering me today. Weather related or what IDK. It's hard enough dealing with the wds then toss in chronic pain and fatigue and it's such a horrible experience daily. I try my best every day to stay as positive as I can and push through all of this but damn days like today are hard. I'm tired though too. I stayed up too late doing things. Well girls I will check in later. I hope tomorrow is better for all of us!!

Truckp,
Man, I am so sorry you had such a bad day. I bet the cold weather sets your leg off. I am hoping that your leg feels better tomorrow and that the weepiness abates. Take care... gotta go to bed, and hope for sleep.
Houtex

#563 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:20 AM

Truckp., what is your chronic pain due to? If it is nerve damage, is there an inflammation?
You see, I have only just watched a documentary about incense. They are testing it on people with MS because they want to prove that it heals all kinds of inflammations.
And as far as now their patients - who have been taking high doses of it - had 1. not one single side effect and 2. their inflammation is decreasing.

3 damaged nerves and loss of muscle with muscle cramps/spasms. Although the last nerve test showed no damage but I tend to believe my neuro over a pain med dr. THe other night I had spasms in my back so bad it made half my body flop up. Rather annoying. Ive been lucky as far as any swelling but I suppose it's possible there could be inflammation that I can't see. Ive never heard of the incense. What is it exactly?

#564 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:40 AM

Truckp,
Man, I am so sorry you had such a bad day. I bet the cold weather sets your leg off. I am hoping that your leg feels better tomorrow and that the weepiness abates. Take care... gotta go to bed, and hope for sleep.
Houtex

Yeah I know weather can affect it sometimes. Thank you :) It's funny though after I work out I feel so much better and all that other subsides. I'm glad you are starting to feel better but hate that you had to go up higher on another AD. But if it's what you need and it helps you its all that matters. Just as long as you are feeling better and can function again :) Again, after I worked out I felt fine. Going to try for a better workout schedule again. Want to do yoga and boxing in the am then whatever workout in the pm. At least with boxing it doesn't bother my leg too much. It's funny that I enjoy it so much and can't wait to get better at it, faster and stronger. I would like to do some kickboxing eventually. OMG I can't believe I'm still up. I'm so exhausted I think I best get some rest too. Going to try to workout before I go to my family function so I hopefully won't be a hot mess. I hope you got some good rest!

#565 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:24 AM

3 damaged nerves and loss of muscle with muscle cramps/spasms. Although the last nerve test showed no damage but I tend to believe my neuro over a pain med dr. THe other night I had spasms in my back so bad it made half my body flop up. Rather annoying. Ive been lucky as far as any swelling but I suppose it's possible there could be inflammation that I can't see. Ive never heard of the incense. What is it exactly?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankincense

#566 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

Sorry for being a bit short today, girls...I'm sick as a horse. Not psychologically, thank goodness, but if this isn't the C. this is a bad, bad cold with badly sore throat, aching muscles, exhaustion. I usually don't get a temperature, that's why I'm not tied to my bed. I regret a little not having seen my doctor before Christmas because she would have given me an antibiotic. On the other hand ADs and antibiotcs interact. The AD work on basis of inflammation and antibiotics get rid of inflammations. - What would you do??
I'll not visit my family for Christmas but stay in my flat. I don't want to pass this on to anybody. But don't worry, I'm fine, not melancholic. I'm actually enjoying my candles and tea and book. I hope this isn't nerdy :blink: or cymbaltic antisocialness.

I'm so sorry that you're in a weepy mood, Truckp. :( I feel with you and if I was there, we'd cheer you up, girl! I'm sending you a big, big hug!!! And as for your leg, how annoying it is that as soon as one evil is got rid of you get another one back, grrrrr. How is it today?

#567 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

Sorry for being a bit short today, girls...I'm sick as a horse. Not psychologically, thank goodness, but if this isn't the C. this is a bad, bad cold with badly sore throat, aching muscles, exhaustion. I usually don't get a temperature, that's why I'm not tied to my bed. I regret a little not having seen my doctor before Christmas because she would have given me an antibiotic. On the other hand ADs and antibiotcs interact. The AD work on basis of inflammation and antibiotics get rid of inflammations. - What would you do??
I'll not visit my family for Christmas but stay in my flat. I don't want to pass this on to anybody. But don't worry, I'm fine, not melancholic. I'm actually enjoying my candles and tea and book. I hope this isn't nerdy :blink: or cymbaltic antisocialness.

I'm so sorry that you're in a weepy mood, Truckp. :( I feel with you and if I was there, we'd cheer you up, girl! I'm sending you a big, big hug!!! And as for your leg, how annoying it is that as soon as one evil is got rid of you get another one back, grrrrr. How is it today?

Awww I wish you felt better! You should have gotten the antibiotic. If it's even something that would have helped. I can't help but wonder if it's not the C though. I know my sinuses are going crazy again. I was constantly on antibiotics while on the C for sinus infection. I get such swelling my eye will be puffy. Then grinding my teeth all night long on top of it. It's rare if I dont wake up with a headache. It's pretty much daily I stumble down here take an allergy pill and advil. I swear sometimes Im eating advil like candy through out the entire day and that's not good either. Can't wait to be done with this crap. I also use nasal spray and a nasal rinse daily. I had ran out for about a week and it was driving me crazy. I can't stand all that pressure up in there.

I hope you feel better soon. I'm sort of bummed for you that you aren't going to see your family. I know it can be a pain and a stressful time so on the other hand I'm also a jealous you get to stay home LOL.

Too early yet on my leg as I just got up and it's always stiff and sore feeling in the morning. We shall see how today goes. I hope I do well with my family. I don't want to be a drag.

#568 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

Awww I wish you felt better! You should have gotten the antibiotic. If it's even something that would have helped. I can't help but wonder if it's not the C though. I know my sinuses are going crazy again. I was constantly on antibiotics while on the C for sinus infection. I get such swelling my eye will be puffy. Then grinding my teeth all night long on top of it. It's rare if I dont wake up with a headache. It's pretty much daily I stumble down here take an allergy pill and advil. I swear sometimes Im eating advil like candy through out the entire day and that's not good either. Can't wait to be done with this crap. I also use nasal spray and a nasal rinse daily. I had ran out for about a week and it was driving me crazy. I can't stand all that pressure up in there.

I hope you feel better soon. I'm sort of bummed for you that you aren't going to see your family. I know it can be a pain and a stressful time so on the other hand I'm also a jealous you get to stay home LOL.

Too early yet on my leg as I just got up and it's always stiff and sore feeling in the morning. We shall see how today goes. I hope I do well with my family. I don't want to be a drag.

Truckprincess, you could never be a drag!!! Don't say such silly things.
Your kids wouldn't be that understanding and your husband so in a worry whether he has done anything wrong if you weren't very, very dear to them. Maybe don't try to be strong but give them the chance to help you with everything?

I can't believe that you have taken antibiotics so very often while on Cymbalta! Makes me really cross as I am constantly sick now. Have been sick for 4 whole weeks in a row with a "Cymbalta cold"
My cold just doesn't go away, and neither does the sinus infection.
Oh, I so wish I knew what to think!

#569 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

Truckprincess, you could never be a drag!!! Don't say such silly things.
Your kids wouldn't be that understanding and your husband so in a worry whether he has done anything wrong if you weren't very, very dear to them. Maybe don't try to be strong but give them the chance to help you with everything?

I can't believe that you have taken antibiotics so very often while on Cymbalta! Makes me really cross as I am constantly sick now. Have been sick for 4 whole weeks in a row with a "Cymbalta cold"
My cold just doesn't go away, and neither does the sinus infection.
Oh, I so wish I knew what to think!

Girl not even kidding I was constantly on antibiotics. I bet my dr is shocked I haven't been in yet since early spring for sinus infections. I started doing the sinus rinse every day sometimes twice a day whatever else I could do to hep with the swelling. Since that's usually what starts it. Ive been on antibiotics, had an xray and still had sinus infection. I wouldn't be shocked if I had one now but it's not bad enough to do anything about it yet. And I figure still taking the C there is no point yet. At least not for me. The funny thing is with mine I would "feel" stuffy but never got anything out even with the sinus rinse. It was always freaking headaches from hell and the swelling around the eye then I knew. I ended up taking a migraine pill this morning as the headache was getting worse. Def sinuses.

Christmas with my sisters and parents was wonderful today. It was really nice and my mood has been excellent all day. I didn't take any L-tyrosine yet. I'm waiting until later. I even took my C and the other meds an hour later than usual. I felt so much happier today once I got the headache gone. And I got the bad ass ring Ive been wanting :) lol I will show a pic on fb for you. Now I just need the necklace to match lmao. Everyone liked my new hair cut too. So that made me feel good too. My niece said " dayam you got a donk going on" so I guess that means my workouts are working and no more flat butt LOL. I have gained a few pounds even though it doesn't really look like it but doesn't surprise me really. I tend to gain muscle in my legs and arms very easily. SO I have to be careful with my arms. I don't want to be a brute lol.

You are so sweet to think I could never be a downer. I sure seem to feel that way sometimes. I hope you are feeling much better or at least getting some rest. At least you can relax and not be stressed over anything. I have to ask still about your job. So they will let you have 2 yrs away but they don't pay you and you can't make $ anywhere else? Is that right? How do they expect you to live?

#570 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:31 AM

Hey truckp., as for my job - they expect me to live on savings or to stay in the system by not working in Germany but FOR Germany in another country. It sounds incredible but it's true. It's this ancient civil servant system. They offer me a job I can't loose and in return I have to not want to "loose" it (not to work for anybody else), if you know what I mean. I have to stay faithful to them. This binds me to them and them to me. Old prussian system ;)
In this times where people loose their jobs far too easily this is a very attractive offer. Only if you want to look out for something else you're kind of stuck. Well, as you can see I'm already on the lookout for ways to get what I want all the same.

If you have been taking antibiotics all the time, didn't you get resistant to them? I thought that one mustn't take them too often because your body might not respond to them any more at some point.
I do hope that this is not the Cymbalta. I'm so sick of being sick, as you said. I haven't felt this sick for a long time, even not on the C.! That's also one reason why I think I shouldn't stop the weaning off process.

I want to see the bad ass ring!!! What about the boots?! Couldn't you get them one size bigger and then put in some soft material inside? They are awesome - I'd get them myself! :)
Haha, I can imagine your little niece commenting on your muscles :D It's such a good feeling to get them back again. I'm yearning for starting myself. I wonder if I could just start with some yoga? No real workout but just something to strengthen my body? I just can't go on sitting on the sofa only because I'm exhausted. Well, right now I'm sick but once that gets better....which I do hope it will!!!
I'm glad that you spent a lovely time with your family. I was sure you would, honey xxxx

Speak soon, I'll lie down a little again, so exhausted only by sitting up. xxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users