• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

Yeah finally I can post normally lol

Day 29 I am feeling ok, I have a headache and still the brain zaps. I'm still getting very exhausted easily. I was hoping that I would feel better today ): maybe tomorrow.

You are doing amazingly well for only 4 weeks off. You can be proud of yourself for that.

Remember that it takes 6 weeks to get the drug out of your system. That is also the reason why you still tire so easily.  

By 42 days off you will be Wonder Woman again :)

#62 Crazychic

Crazychic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

Thanks Fishinghat, your right it could be worse! Day 30 I feel pretty good today, still have zaps but I have more energy today (: just gotta get past these zaps!! I don't feel depressed, angry or have aniexty...don't think I ever needed this medicine. So glad to be moving forward.

#63 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

Yeah Crazychic

Glad you are doing so well. Soon it will all be a memory

Take care

#64 chimera

chimera

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:
    to share my experience and to ask for help

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

Well said chimera. For many of us once the cymbalta is gone it's absense uncovers many old wounds that now have to be dealt with.

Better than having that stuff in your body.

far better:) I am not anti-medication, but this particular one, I've never been more anti lol.

#65 chimera

chimera

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

Very well said Chimera. You are right on the mark there. I am doing the "who am I now?" and wondering exactly what conditions that taking cymbalta has aggravated and will they go away eventually lol.

it's a highly confusing time in this respect for us, we don't know what effects will be long term, what will pass, what is 'us', how to proceed, it's mind boggling- day by day is the only way to go right now I guess!

#66 Crazychic

Crazychic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

Chimera this is exactly how I feel today. Today is day 31 and I'm not having as many zaps as previous days but I'm afraid of doing to much, sleeping to much, being on the computer to much, watching tv to much...I just don't know what brings the zaps on, I don't want to feel crappy so I limit everything I do! I just want to be me, do what I want! Each day is a challenge as to what can I do today to get further away from this nightmare only to have the worry of what's next on the list of things that this horrible drug causes. I just feel so violated. Wow how in the heck did a drug that was supposed to help me make me such a mess):

#67 chimera

chimera

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

Chimera this is exactly how I feel today. Today is day 31 and I'm not having as many zaps as previous days but I'm afraid of doing to much, sleeping to much, being on the computer to much, watching tv to much...I just don't know what brings the zaps on, I don't want to feel crappy so I limit everything I do! I just want to be me, do what I want! Each day is a challenge as to what can I do today to get further away from this nightmare only to have the worry of what's next on the list of things that this horrible drug causes. I just feel so violated. Wow how in the heck did a drug that was supposed to help me make me such a mess):

I know that being tired brings on the zaps, I still get them more so when excessively fatigued. but it's a Catch 22 lol, do we limit activity but then stay up all night with insomnia, or do we tire ourselves out and then feel rubbish :unsure: people say to me rest, but then I get restless which is just as bad! so like you, I don't know what the hell to do either, I just want to do things 'naturally' without thinking about them first, to do what I want rather than what is 'sensible' or 'what one should do in recovery from withdrawal'. all I can say is for now, go with what you want to do. if that means a tv fest, do it, if you want fresh air, do that, or if you want to go online til your eyes pop out, do that too:) your body'll let you know what it wants, foodwise, exercise wise, relaxation wise. I've given up trying to even fathom out the rhyme or reasons for its wants at the moment:)

#68 Crazychic

Crazychic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

Chimera my thoughts exactly! I guess it's gotta get better ):

#69 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

It will get better, it just seems to take so darn long.

Now if the side effects were pleasant it would seem like it was over too fast lol.

But they aren't nice at all so it seems neverending.

Upside is I have met many nice people along the way and don't feel alone or strange with all that has happened.

Take care

#70 chimera

chimera

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

Chimera my thoughts exactly! I guess it's gotta get better ):

it'll get better:) as time goes on, hopefully things will get a little more predictable. that's when it's easier to set emergency plans in place so to speak. say if you know you feel certain things, you kind of get to know what coping strategies work, and what doesn't. 

I just felt extremely angry over something half an hour ago, and as anger is a pretty predictable thing for me (that pops up regularly) I have tried to think of damage limitation plans lol- remove myself from the situation/person, maybe listen to music, chat to you guys, or whatever. you'll have your own things that help you, so be it tiredness, anger, sadness, you'll get to know a little how to manage it. obviously if it becomes too overwhelming, then more help will be needed, am not saying anyone should do this on their own if they can't:)

#71 Crazychic

Crazychic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:57 PM

Chimera it's like your reading my mind! I am learning to deal with life all over again, it's almost like I'm trying to find myself again at 36, I was never an angry person but I was someone who didn't care to stand alone, very independent. I am still that person but with a whole new set of problems. Life after Cymbalta is almost like coming of age again makes me think of what Mom used to say "you have to learn from your mistakes". Today is day 33 and I've had moderate zaps today but physically I feel pretty good. Thanks to everyone who post here, it's amazing how a disaster can bring people together.

#72 chimera

chimera

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:23 AM

Chimera it's like your reading my mind! I am learning to deal with life all over again, it's almost like I'm trying to find myself again at 36, I was never an angry person but I was someone who didn't care to stand alone, very independent. I am still that person but with a whole new set of problems. Life after Cymbalta is almost like coming of age again makes me think of what Mom used to say "you have to learn from your mistakes". Today is day 33 and I've had moderate zaps today but physically I feel pretty good. Thanks to everyone who post here, it's amazing how a disaster can bring people together.

you've read mine too! it's exactly like almost coming of age again. like a kid who is, we have to stumble around a bit, make some mistakes, learn from them and try and pick ourselves up whilst saving as much face and dignity as possible lol.

#73 Crazychic

Crazychic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

Day 34 overall good day. Yes, I still have the zaps /: just gotta keep on movin on! Hope everyone is feeling better.

#74 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

Those zaps should be fading away any time now Crazychic.

Your almost Crapalta free like Chimera WooHoo

#75 Crazychic

Crazychic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:33 PM

Nancy I sure hope so 😐 I am ready for those dang zaps to end! It's not that they hurt but each one is a reminder that I'm still not completely over this.

#76 chimera

chimera

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:10 AM

Nancy I sure hope so I am ready for those dang zaps to end! It's not that they hurt but each one is a reminder that I'm still not completely over this.

blasted zaps- however they have a kind of purpose for me, in that although they are not so frequent now, when it happens I know that I can attribute whatever I am feeling 'abnormally' to after effects still. it's once the zaps go completely, and I am still the same, then I'll start worrying!!

#77 knucklehead

knucklehead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:23 AM

I've read many people say they were given samples because they couldn't afford to buy Cymbalta.  Me too.  On one hand I'm very appreciative of this help, on the other hand I think it's dangerous for someone to be in that situation because if the samples suddenly aren't there (for whatever reason) they will have to go Cold Turkey.  Luckily I had enough samples to wean.  It's so shocking to discover how the medical and pharmaceutical community seem to be so much less knowledgeable than I thought. 

#78 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:34 AM

I am afraid I am much more cynical knucklehead. I think it is about money. As soon as I quit taking cymbalta I recieved 3 different letters, all from Eli Lilly, each with a coupon for either one month or two months free cymbalta if I would go back on it. The good thing is those letters burned real easy!! lol

#79 Crazychic

Crazychic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

Fishinghat, they sent you letters! Wow these idiots have nerve. Day 34 feel pretty good today. Got my house cleaned which has been neglected since beginning withdrawal, I still have the zaps it seems when I start moving around to much they come on stronger but I can't just sit around anymore! Hoping the next week will get rid of the zaps! Hope everyone is feeling better (:

#80 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

Doesn't surprise me. They know how hard it is to get off this stuff and just won't admit it.

Blast those zaps Crazychic lol.

#81 Crazychic

Crazychic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

Day 35, had a stressful day and the zaps were horrible! I'm praying they stop.

#82 Heartfeathers

Heartfeathers

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • why_joining:
    I no longer trust the medical profession and I will NEVER take another prescription drug again! NEVER!!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

Remember that it takes 6 weeks to get the drug out of your system. That is also the reason why you still tire so easily.  

The drug stays in your fat layer.  You are not free of the drug after 6 weeks.   If you lose weight it leeches back into your system and throws you back into withdrawals.   I have been off the poison for over a year now and am in full blown withdrawals again.     Sweet. 

#83 chimera

chimera

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:30 AM

eeek eek eek- it lurks that long? like Nancy I am also doing yard work. this is going to send me full on anorexic lol :unsure:

#84 rockinron

rockinron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:46 AM

Finally starting to feel better which is a blessing and a curse.

Feeling better makes me like my old self (some good- Some bad reason for Cymbalta)

I am also a very fast mover, from 0 to 70 when I decide to do something.

Huge Brain Zaps from getting up to fast, running down the stairs, walking the dog up and down the hills.

Wish I could feel good with all the fast moving too.

#85 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:53 AM

Hi rockinron

Glad you are feeling better.

Those brain zaps take awhile to go away but they will go away eventually.

From time to time I too have the problem of being in hyperdrive and when it hits am constantly having to be doing something at a rather rapid speed. It is worse now than before I took Crapalta so be careful.

Take care

#86 chimera

chimera

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

Finally starting to feel better which is a blessing and a curse.

Feeling better makes me like my old self (some good- Some bad reason for Cymbalta)

I am also a very fast mover, from 0 to 70 when I decide to do something.

Huge Brain Zaps from getting up to fast, running down the stairs, walking the dog up and down the hills.

Wish I could feel good with all the fast moving too.

steady, steady:) you can still move, just get up slowly then start to gradually accelerate. think of yourself as a car in a traffic jam, move a bit, slow a bit, but you'll still be moving!

#87 Crazychic

Crazychic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

So glad you are feeling better Rockin Ron! Day 37 here and I still have the zaps ): but on a brighter note everything else seems to be getting better! Hope everyone is feeling better.

#88 fundini

fundini

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

About a week ago I called my medical facility to get a refill on my Cymbalta.  I was perscribed 60mg twice per day and was taking Cymbalta for about two years now.  When I went to the pharmacy to pick up my perscription, I was told that my doctor had changed my dosage from 60mg twice per day down to 60mg once per day (I wondered if he was ever going to tell ME about the change).  Anyway, I've been on 60mg for about a week now and noticed that I'm not really feeling well.  I'm feeling generally sick (almost like flu), slightly nausious, extremely tired, and anxious/jumpy.  I was taking the medication for a chronic pain problem.  I've since had surgery to correct a problem with my C-Spine that was causing the pain.  Now I'm wondering if these ailments are withdrawal symptoms, so I started researching and found this forum.  I'm seeing a lot of similarities.  I plan to get off Cymbalta within the next few weeks, but don't want to go cold turkey. 

My wife told me yesterday morning that my eyes didn't look good (I have diabetes too and she an usually tell when I'm not feeling good), but my glucose levels were around 120 (slightly high) which isn't terribly high.  Also, it's allergy season and I attributed the way I was feeling as possibly allergies, but now I'm not that sure.  I am coughing up "productively" and am wondering if anyone else has experienced a cough with Cymbalta withdrawal?

~Michael S.

#89 chimera

chimera

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:42 PM

So glad you are feeling better Rockin Ron! Day 37 here and I still have the zaps ): but on a brighter note everything else seems to be getting better! Hope everyone is feeling better.

that is great news:) the zaps will get less and less gradually, mine aren't so bad this week (8 weeks off on Thursday)

#90 chimera

chimera

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

About a week ago I called my medical facility to get a refill on my Cymbalta.  I was perscribed 60mg twice per day and was taking Cymbalta for about two years now.  When I went to the pharmacy to pick up my perscription, I was told that my doctor had changed my dosage from 60mg twice per day down to 60mg once per day (I wondered if he was ever going to tell ME about the change).  Anyway, I've been on 60mg for about a week now and noticed that I'm not really feeling well.  I'm feeling generally sick (almost like flu), slightly nausious, extremely tired, and anxious/jumpy.  I was taking the medication for a chronic pain problem.  I've since had surgery to correct a problem with my C-Spine that was causing the pain.  Now I'm wondering if these ailments are withdrawal symptoms, so I started researching and found this forum.  I'm seeing a lot of similarities.  I plan to get off Cymbalta within the next few weeks, but don't want to go cold turkey. 

My wife told me yesterday morning that my eyes didn't look good (I have diabetes too and she an usually tell when I'm not feeling good), but my glucose levels were around 120 (slightly high) which isn't terribly high.  Also, it's allergy season and I attributed the way I was feeling as possibly allergies, but now I'm not that sure.  I am coughing up "productively" and am wondering if anyone else has experienced a cough with Cymbalta withdrawal?

~Michael S.

your doctor should've told you that he was going to change your dosage, that's very bad. yes it seems like withdrawal symptoms, it's a pretty big jump from 120mg per day, whether divided or not, to 60, and way too quick. he should've tapered you to 90 first, it was completely avoidable and he is at fault.

don't go cold turkey, taper gradually using the methods described in the threads on here, you'll have a smoother ride.

what are your eyes looking like? is it redness, changes in pupil size? 

yes I have had a nasty cough actually since I withdrew, I am wondering now if it was connected. the allergy season here has only just started due to the late spring

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users