#121 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:56 PM

Carletta darlin'....
Don't worry about the Christmas decorations. My LR looked like a bomb had exploded in there for 'several' weeks after Christmas. It helped knowing that the Cymbalta was more than likely the reason for this. Another thing that was helpful to me was that my family had read some of the info here on the forum. This helped them to know what was going on in my life while weaning off this drug. There are so MANY w/d symptoms due to this evil, vile, nasty drug. Hang in there we are  here hanging with you sweet forum friend!
Much love,
Many prayers,
& hope always 'hope'
TheEquusWoman :hug:

Equuswoman. .The post I made was for TryinginFL and her Christmas Decorations. .lol Hopefully she will see both of them....Happy to hear your family read your posts and it made them understand exactly what you are going through..:)

#122 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

Thank you Carleeta and EquusWoman!  Your feedback was most helpful... :)

Equus Woman, I envy you as I don't feel that I will ever be able to ride again - I have degenerative arthritis in my neck and lower back, but I still have my Australian saddle!  If I clean it up, I just might be able to sell it!

I still have weepy times but they are much fewer and far in between so feel that part is mostly over (Gad, I sure hope so!)

I have a dear friend who has 2 grandsons, and since I have no grandchildren of my own, they have adopted me as a grandmother - they call me "Miss Liz" .  One is 11 and the other 2 1/2.   Yesterday I played "ChicagoOpoly" with Adam (the 11 yo, obviously!) for almost 3 hrs and I felt like a normal person for the first time in a long while.  I had also baked brownies for him and it gave me great joy! :D  Since I have no family here in FL, I am so happy that this family has adopted me! 

I thank you both again for your kind remarks and I look forward to reading all about all of you and hope that I can be of at least a small amount of help to y'all as well! :hug:

#123 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:20 PM

FiveNotions....thank you for your "like"!

I offer you my support and prayers :hug:

Liz

#124 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:56 PM

EW, glad you got a ride in!!!!  warm weather and a sweaty horse. (love that smell).. maybe I'm crazy, but it just can't get much better!!!!

Clara ain't nutin' like that equine scent, 'cept my hubby's cologne ;)  and that my dear is a whole nutter category ....lol :wub:

#125 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:23 PM

9:18..Ready to settle down for the evening..

We are positively all greatful for having each other and all the posts we respond to in order to help others as we help ourselves.

I am positively blessed to have all of you..:)

#126 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:07 PM

1:54 pm...Woke up at 9am..Made necessary calls today.

Went out and started my car..Came inside and started the wash. Did some paperwork. Decided to see if I could drive around the block. Hmmm, I thought...Why not see if you can go farther today..

Decided to come in, take off all winter clothing and picked up the paperwork I finished and get winter accessories on again and go back to the car.

Off to the post office I went.. (drive thru), next off to the bank I went (drive thru), next off to the grocery store to pick up a few things (went in of course) and next I went into Walgreens..

Came home and put clothes into the HIGH TEC dryer..lol lol. kids still don't know you don't have to move away from it to start.

once again I ventured out by myself and I'm POSITIVELY happy..

#127 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:17 PM

Congratulations, Carleeta!  You have really been busy today...I had all I could do to go grocery shopping!

Keep up the good work, my friend! :D

So happy things are going well for you!

Liz :hug:

#128 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:23 PM

Congratulations, Carleeta!  You have really been busy today...I had all I could do to go grocery shopping!

Keep up the good work, my friend! :D

So happy things are going well for you!

TryinginFL. .Thank you..lol lol. I guess when I can get out, which this is only the third time since December (excluding mini vacation) I go and do it all...And it's good you do get out to grocery shop..I'm happy you do. :)

#129 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:53 PM

3:43..Washed out morning coffee and tea cups..Folded laundry..all put away..Packed up trash to go out tonight for pickup and decided to try and shovel near the driveway where our plow guy isn't able to reach..Oh my goodness..no way! !! Lol lol..No No No..There was ice under that mound of snow..Yup, I gave up and turned my shovel in back to the garage..lol lol.

Now I know why we have a snow plow man..lol lol..Ok no more shoveling for me..lol lol

#130 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:56 PM

Took a nice long hot bath today and made myself a nice cup of tension tamer tea.

Need to go out and start my car..lol lol..Not a day goes by where this car needs to be started in this cold weather. .lol lol

Did a few home exercises today because I didn't do well trying to shovel yesterdsy..lol

It's time to get back in shape even if I start them in my home..:)

#131 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:10 PM

Yay, Carleeta! Keep up the good work!!! Myself, tried to stay busy today, cleaning cabinets etc. listening to all kinds of music on my Spotify playlist....good... it usually keeps the negative thoughts away, but not so much today!  Dang it!!!!!   Tomorrow is another day... I truly believe God, our creator, is in control, but days like today... I need an extra large hug from HIM!! Yes, may sound a little nuttso, but that's me today!!!!! Thanks again to all of you who keep pushing forward and sharing your daily life!!! Hugs and prayers!!!! clara :mellow: :( :unsure: :wacko: :blink:

#132 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:36 PM

Clara. .yippee you have motivation today. Oh yes God is helping us all that's a positive. I'll ask him to send you an extra hug today today.

I'm positively sending you a cyber hug with a smile:)

Soon you will be enjoying your favorite music..

So it's productive, anyway!

#133 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:11 PM

Good for both of you, Carleeta and Clara!  I am slowing gaining some energy (actually packed up 1 Christmas box and put it away!) and had my massage therapy this afternoon and feel better... :) An hour working out the toxins is a great help!

I too, need to start the exercising of some type, but am waiting until it gets a little warmer as I go to an aqua fitness class twice a week at an outdoor pool at a golf club.  It helped so much last season that I am really looking forward to it.  In addition to the degenerative arthritis in my neck, lower back and hips, I also have osteoarthritis in my left foot, so am not able to do any aerobics. :( Walking is not an option, either.

I am so happy for you both - you are really getting things done!  Take care and I enjoy hearing about your days :D

My thoughts are with you :hug:

Liz

#134 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:38 PM

1:22..Up at 8:15 this am..Cable guy rang the doorbell and I naturally woke up..My son decided to get a real PHONE installed in the house..lol lol..This new generation lives by their cell phones..lol Since I just found out I'm going to become a GRANDMOTHER in August,my son took my head of wawning and had a phone put in..Yippeee

Since the day started out early..I had plenty of time to accomplish many things: took a nice relaxing bath, organized all paperwork for accountant for Monday. Called Dr. Office to check if I needed to fast before my blood work on Saturday, called account to change appt. From tomorrow to Monday..called for my new living arrangements and set a date when I can get the keys, went out and started my car, got the mail, and just put a load of laundry in the wash..

I've accomplished much, thank God..

I'm positively alive and moving about more today than yesterday..yippee

#135 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:29 PM

3:10..Ate a late lunch..lol lol..Don't know why, I've been up since 8:15 am..lol lol

It's hard to believe it's 47 degrees up here in NYS..Didn't need the scarf and hat today. .yippee I'll take 47 degrees today even when next week we will be in the teens again..lol lol Car is turned off. Thought to myself, hmmm l looks like snow has melted so why not go and get the shovel and move some of the melted snow and ice, it seems easier than my attempt the other day. .So, I moved (didn't say removed..lol) all the slush out of the way..I did a pretty good job on the surface anyway..lol..Finally gave up on the more hardened snow/ice, therefore back to the garage the shovel went..lol lol

Clothes are in the HIGH TEC dryer..lol lol I laugh every time I think of my son and daughter - in - law doing a side step to turn it on...too funny. .lol lol Think I'll tell them after I move into my new place..lol lol.

Today is positively positive....

#136 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    I c/t'd from 60mg in 2009. Went back on and started tapering. Spent the next 4 years trying to get off. It was very difficult. Finally stopped at 17 beads on Dec.4, 2013.

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:24 PM

Well, today didn't start out positive. I got up early to take my granddaughters

to school, and felt very out of it. Very woozy headed, spacey, irritable, and just

wanted to go back to bed. So I did. This afternoon my Mom called and told me that

she and my Dad (ages 86 and 89) had come and cleaned up my yard. I never heard a thing.

I should be cleaning their yard! I appreciated it very much and feel blessed that they

are still able to do that at their age.

#137 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:43 PM

Lundieliz..It all turned out positive in spite of you not feeling well.

Yes you are definitely blessed and you realized it.

How wonderful your parents are, and it's ok they helped you out. If they didn't want to do it they wouldn't have. Second, just think of their age and think once this Cymbalta withdrawl is behind you, you will be their age helping out your children when they need it..Also find comfort in knowing what wonderful genes you have...

#138 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:57 PM

Ok, here's my positive(s) for the day ..... I went to my first yoga for old farts class this afternoon... I'm the youngest in the class and in the worst shape....my breathing is all screwed up, my balance is shot, and my butt is the saggiest....but I really enjoyed it, and the others in the class were good folks and very helpful to me...I fessed up right away that it's been 30 years since I did any regular excercise they gave me lots of positive reinforcement, which I gladly accepted

...then, I came home and did a bit of apartment cleaning...I feel like doing more but I've told myself to stop...as it is I'm sure I'm going to have some "kick back" tomorrow....

Now I'm sitting on my sofa, typing this, and sipping on a double strong mug of "yogi relax tea"....

God bless you all for being here!

#139 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:52 PM

Good for you FN!!  Yoga for old farts - sounds like a great idea!  I will have to search for one down here :)  I know it would be good for me as I wait for the aqua fitness classes to start.

Had a pedicure this afternoon which gave me a lift but can't seem to shake this tiredness.. :(

So happy your fellow yoga classmates were so helpful and thanks for the chuckle! :D

Keep up the good work!

#140 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:23 PM

FiveNotions. .Great job today..Positive as well...Another Positive for you is that you are listening to your body and relaxing now.

TryinginFL. .Pedicure !!! What a positive way to treat yourself..

You both shared a wonderful positive reflection today.

God Bless both of you...

#141 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:34 PM

Well, today didn't start out positive. I got up early to take my granddaughters

to school, and felt very out of it. Very woozy headed, spacey, irritable, and just

wanted to go back to bed. So I did. This afternoon my Mom called and told me that

she and my Dad (ages 86 and 89) had come and cleaned up my yard. I never heard a thing.

I should be cleaning their yard! I appreciated it very much and feel blessed that they

are still able to do that at their age.

Aww what precious parents you have. You are blessed :hug:

#142 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:10 PM

Thank you Carleeta and EquusWoman!  Your feedback was most helpful... :)

Equus Woman, I envy you as I don't feel that I will ever be able to ride again - I have degenerative arthritis in my neck and lower back, but I still have my Australian saddle!  If I clean it up, I just might be able to sell it!

I still have weepy times but they are much fewer and far in between so feel that part is mostly over (Gad, I sure hope so!)

I have a dear friend who has 2 grandsons, and since I have no grandchildren of my own, they have adopted me as a grandmother - they call me "Miss Liz" .  One is 11 and the other 2 1/2.   Yesterday I played "ChicagoOpoly" with Adam (the 11 yo, obviously!) for almost 3 hrs and I felt like a normal person for the first time in a long while.  I had also baked brownies for him and it gave me great joy! :D  Since I have no family here in FL, I am so happy that this family has adopted me! 

I thank you both again for your kind remarks and I look forward to reading all about all of you and hope that I can be of at least a small amount of help to y'all as well! :hug:

TryinginFL...You just being here is a large amount of help to the ppl here!

Much love,

prayers for you! TheEquusWoman :hug:

#143 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:15 PM

4:29 pm..

What a positively positive outcome today..I'm alive and that's positive after a very rapid hear beating event..

Here goes what happened:

Going about my normal routine, putting close in the wash and made successful call to my medical insurance company today. Then started to get my med and shave it down for tonight medication..All of a sudden the security alarm goes off while I was in my bedroom..Just stood there frozen and then panic stricken in my bedroom..Eventually my son called and said calmly and jokingly "mom what did you do?" I replied "Nothing, I'mIin my room and the security alarm is going off"..He asked if I hear anything and I said yes the ALARM..He stated the police will be on their way..I said ok..He turned off the system from his work place and then asked if I heard anything. .I said I hear the TV and other noises..He check his computer and say which door set off the alarm and checked the cameras and noticed the opened door.. All this while I'm on the phone with him and he's telling me the door is open just a little..I said, so what do you want me to do? Go and shut it? He said I could go and look if I wanted to..lol lol (although it wasn't funny at the time) I said noway I'm not leaving the room..He said ok and the police should be on their way..I said ok. I stayed on the phone with him and looked outside my bedroom window for him to arrive..As soon as he pulled up I started waving out the bedroom window (like he could see me..lol lol) I decided to open window and then storm window and told the officer what door caused the sensor to go off..I told him I'll meet him at the door..Then I thought to myself..hmmm I'm not leaving the bedroom..I stuck my head out the door and yelled Hello..Policeman replied he couldn't get in because the storm door was locked. .Oh well I thought, I have to go to the censored door..By this time more police officers arrived..My hands were shaking so much I couldn't unlock the storm door..They were telling me calmly try and calm down..I finally unlocked the door and they walked in calmly and made sure I was ok and trying to make me calm..The were awesome and had smiles on their face..Couldn't figure out why they were calm and smiling..Eventually they stated since the storm door was locked and they couldn't get in and the fact that we are experiencing very high winds they immediately thought some wind got through the storm door and moved the other door ajar enough to set the sensor off...They then asked me if I wanted them to check out the house and of course I said yes...So here I was following the police officer from room to room..In fact I was so close to him when he turned around he bumped into me..He and the other officers started laughing..Also let me know this was the 4th call today where the high intensity winds set alarms off..Well omg..I just couldn't stop shaking until the officers started telling me one he would stay till I calmed down..Well I thought..hmmm he's probably needed somewhere else more important today. .I told him that's ok..I'm ok now..Sure enough they all left and by now all the neighborhood was outdoors and another call cane in a few doors down that their alarm was going off and the owners couldn't their door to stay put from the winds and it kept going off..

I positively have a very fast responsive police force and a wonderful disposition they have and I'm safe and alive! I'm still shaky though...

#144 flik76

flik76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • why_joining:
    To get help and support and to be a help and support.

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:50 PM

Oh Carleeta what a day!!! So glad it was a false alarm.
I jumped on here to post the positive news that my libido has returned! And all feeling (if you know what I mean). I can finally enjoy my husband and show him how much I love him.

#145 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:52 AM

Carleeta, what a day! You need to write a book or short stories about your adventures-- I love how descriptive you are...it conveys bot the reality of how you feel, and the humor of the situation from a broader perspective!

Flik76....what can I say, without blushing...except, YAY !

My positive event is that I'm having a morning with zero side effects....and will go visit my friend in the nursing home and then go to Mass....I did pay a price for my yoga class on Thursday.....had to spend the day in bed on Friday...with the ice packs...the optic neuritis came back with a special vengeance.....must mean the cymbalta devil wasn't happy that I did something good and healthy for myself. :-D

#146 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

7:18..It was positively a beautiful day outside today..Sun was shinning all day..Does feel like spring is on its way...Yippee

FiveNotions. .lol lol...Writing a book? Lol lol...Really would not want to relive that experience again..lol lol
Yup, yoga classes will do that to you..It's so darn easy to over do your first class of every exercise; and feel it the next day. I do it all the time when I start in the spring..lol lol

FiveNotions. .keep up the good work at yoga classes...

Flick76..Ty..And yes Thank God it was a false alarm...

#147 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:28 AM

8:16..Up early this am...Snow is arriving rapidly and we are expecting 5 to 10 inches more by tomorrow afternoon..Really? Lol lol
Yesterday gave us a peak of spring...
The great part of this is; I positively know spring is definitely coming..yippeee..

My psychologist appt. on Saturday went well..then off I was to have blood work done..Another step in getting my long overdue physical.. (of course I didn't go alone, although I did go)

Getting all paperwork in order for accountant appointment later today if the weather allows..

#148 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:18 PM

2:55 pm..Took a nice warm bath...Clothes are washed and now in the dryer..HIGH TEC Dryer..lol lol I'll never get it out of my head..lol lol

All set for accountant at 5pm..weather permitting. .Can't believe it's tax time again and will positively be done on time..

Shredding all old mail and starting to pack to move closer to my new home..lol lol. Have to make another pit stop before fully moving into my own place..lol lol...Why do I have anxiety? Lol lol

Like the saying goes..."after the rain comes the rainbow"..Yup that's me!

#149 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:53 PM

Glad things are going well for you Carleeta!  I finally took the plunge today and decided it was time to start the exercising again :(  Needless to say, this is not my favorite thing, but got on the stationary bike for 8 minutes (enough!)  Am looking forward to the aqua fitness class to begin when the pool is warm enough.  Since the tiredness has stayed with me, I am not happy to report that it is worse after this short burst of energy :angry:  I have lost a pound a week for my days of hell, so that's a good thing...  This is the beginning of my 6th week and dreams seem to be about gone as well as most weepiness and headaches seem to attack toward the end of the day.  I just wonder how long it will be until I will have the energy I had, but don't remember when...

I wish all my best and hope that you will all be going through better times very soon.  I enjoy so much hearing how you are doing and  how your days are going.

#150 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:29 PM

Hello all, reporting in with my positive events for the day....I made it to the nursing home to visit my friend mid-afternoon and ended up staying to help him eat dinner (he's blind and when he's really tired he has trouble finding his plate and food).... I just got home....another positive is that I awoke with no symptoms except this odd grogginess that's been dogging me for the past couple of weeks....maybe it's cuz I don't drink coffee anymore? Anyway, as of now, no serious symptoms all day...just a mild burning in my optic nerves that started shortly before I headed home....time for some herb tea and some play with the kitties...

Prayers to all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users