#151 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:11 AM

TryinginFL and FiveNotions ..What wonderful positive events you both experienced..Finding at least one positive thing a day is all we need to know more is on the way. ..TryinginFL, yippee you did some exercise...FiveNotions, you helped out an elder..

I'm positively happy to have both of you supporting everyone on this forum...

#152 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:11 PM

11:59. Positively woke up early again. All paperwork behind me..yippee.

One positive issue is, being executix of my parents estate, their income tax paperwork is off to the accountant to be processed. This will be the last year it needed to be done. God Bless the wonderful parents I was blessed with.

Off to put on my layers of clothing and out to start my car..

#153 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:57 PM

Reporting in! Today has been a day of doing lots of the little, but essential, things that I've let go to hell since the first week of December when I (inadvertently) embarked on this "adventure"... I checked my voicemail ...yep, haven't answered the phone for that long....luckily most of my life and communications is via email....made appointments with my GP and witch doc.....the earliest appts I cld get were in late march....since I lost my insurance I've been signed up with a small health clinic here in my neighborhood...they charge on a sliding fee scale...and the care is a big change from what I've had.....I also accepted the fact that I need to sign up for medicaid....and I researched the names of several social security disability attorneys here in the area....and checked my bank balance....yikes....humbling, all of this is very humbling....

Clearly, I've crawled into a hole and pulled it in after me during the past few months....I tend to be that way in my best of times, but this time around I've crawled a bit too far in.....I "positively" need to face up to the fact that I feel frightened and vulnerable right now....and where better to share that than here?

So, All of this "positive stuff" has brought me close to a panic attack several times today, and I'm taking an herb tea break and checking in here.....

#154 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    I c/t'd from 60mg in 2009. Went back on and started tapering. Spent the next 4 years trying to get off. It was very difficult. Finally stopped at 17 beads on Dec.4, 2013.

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:29 PM

FiveNotions you've been a very positive influence for me

and many others on this board. I know you'll find your way

back out of that hole. I'm sorry you're feeling a little overwhelmed

today. Thank you for all the kind support when I've been in that hole.

I hope tomorrow things will look brighter.

#155 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

Awe, thank you Lundeliz! Actually, this is all for the good.... It's high time I got back into managing the necessities of my life....and each day now I'm feeling healthier and better able to do so.... Being off cymbalta is making all the difference!

#156 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:14 PM

FiveNotions. .My positive prayers are going to you..You took care of you first which you needed to do..I'm very delighted to hear you are/will contact a social security disability attorney..This will ensure you receiving the proper SSDI you deserve..Yup, you are moving forward and getting the Medicaid you most likely are entitled to since you lost your medical insurance. ..You are not in that hole..You just peeped out of it..That is a big plus...Once the ball start rolling I bet you start to feel better...The anxiety you feel right now is temporary. .You faced what has been there on your mind and pushed aside a bit.. Glad you are taking your calming tea..It should help.

You are such an inspiration to all of us here..Anytime you need us..WE ARE HERE. ....

#157 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:09 PM

Thank you, Carleeta!

Actually, based on what Fishinghat told me over in that ssdi discussion I started, it can take 1-2 yrs between the application and approval (assuming it's approved)... I have no way to support myself...pay rent, etc ...for that long a time (no husband, children etc)... So it seems like I'm going to need to pull myself together and get back to work...even part time, at a more simple job than I'm trained for....I've got enough in savings to carry me for another month or two, so I've got some time to keep healing and begin a job search...I'm blessed that the economy here in DC is somewhat okay...

This is all good...I've been praying for guidance on what to do, and it seems to be working itself out! It's amazing to me, in fact, how being unemployed has allowed me the time I needed to get off cymbalta...when I never intended to do so...it all just happened ...Providence, good karma, whatever....I'm grateful!

Oh, and here's another positive event for me....today my eyes have been good enough that I was able to pick up a book and read again...for the first time since early December when I got off cymbalta! (I'm rereading Tolkien's "The Hobbit" .... A good reminder that scary adventures can end well!)

#158 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:33 PM

FN, I hate to post something negative on our positive string but....The financial aspect of the 1 or 2 year wait is a significant source of our homeless situation. People develop debilitating psychological problems, can't work because of it, use up their funds trying to get better then apply for SSDI, become homeless and when (if) they finally get ssdi they can't recieve their funds because they have no permanent address. Some studies put the number of homeless due to pyschological problems as high as 47%. Many are ex-military. Truly sad.

#159 clearglass

clearglass

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationGreater Philadelphia Area
  • why_joining:
    I joined for support coming and staying off Cymbalta. Also joined to hopefully offer support to others.

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

Today was my 1st day on the site.  Feels good to know there are people out there like me and I can get support and give support.  I got some great information and realize I've been feeling anxiety.  Thanks to equuswoman, I will start walking on my treadmill again in the morning. Thanks for the warm welcome Carleeta, FiveNotions, fishinghat, and Clara.  I can't wait to post my positive events tomorrow.

Good night everyone :rolleyes:

#160 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

FiveNotions. .It appears you have things planned out..It's good that you may WANT to go back to work..Yes Fishinghat, I believe, is in the time frame to collect SSDI. .At least here in NYS it takes quite a process to get on ssdi...You define have to have a doctor write up tart c reasons why you cannot work.. (the doctor is usually the one who has seen you regularly for 3 months or more) and yes, they almost always deny you first. .then you need to reapply. .and usually then you might have a chance of getting on ssdi. .No guarantee though...This is why attorneys get involved now so they do the work for you...

In the meantime (I'm guessing you were unable to collect unemployment) you should get on Medicaid or any assistance which might help you with medical coverage. You can always drop it when it isn't needed..There are some allowable work hours(or dollar amount) which you could make and still receive their coverage..I would hate to think you didn't apply for this assistance because of pride or misinformation. .I also do hope you don't force yourself to work if you truly can not work..Having said that, being a lawyer and possibly connecting with the right lawyers for Social Security. Also thinking in 4 years you can take you Social Security anyway..

You are extremely intelligent and you will find the way to get through this...

#161 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:38 PM

Today was my 1st day on the site.  Feels good to know there are people out there like me and I can get support and give support.  I got some great information and realize I've been feeling anxiety.  Thanks to equuswoman, I will start walking on my treadmill again in the morning. Thanks for the warm welcome Carleeta, FiveNotions, fishinghat, and Clara.  I can't wait to post my positive events tomorrow.

Good night everyone :rolleyes:

Clearglass..Yippee! Posting something positive with give you the opportunity to find something positive out of your day (even if it's just that you put the cap on the toothpaste) in spite of the the intolerable symptoms of cymbalta withdrawl. .Good for you..Empower yourself!

#162 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:41 PM

Carleeta, interesting post. Here in MO if you have total assets over $6,000 you cannot get medicaid. I was lucky enough to get ssdi though.

#163 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:07 PM

Welcome clearglass...we're happy to have you here with us - please feel free to post your daily feelings, vents or whatever is going on with you!  We are here to help :)

Liz :hug:

#164 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:20 PM

FN....You have truly accomplished a lot today - congratulations!!  I'm happy for you and I know that you have come a long
 way since the beginning of Dec.  I am retired but know that I could not have worked during this whole process.  I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts as you continue to crawl out of that hole.  The farther out you come, the smaller the hole will be!! :)  Your guardian angel will continue to watch over you...

#165 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:26 PM

Carleeta, interesting post. Here in MO if you have total assets over $6,000 you cannot get medicaid. I was lucky enough to get ssdi though.

Fishinghat that is interesting..I do know once someone receives ssdi they do set limits on Medicaid...A very good friend of mine who lost everything from a fire to her job (definitely suffered psychological issues) was able to get both...Once she found out she could work on ssdi she was allowed to make so much money a month and still stay on ssdi (she wasn't able to make a penny more or they would start deducting from ssdi) although, she ended up paying for some of her medicaid..She decided to not work because they were taking so much her...I do believe it's all based on what your ssdi income is...Some are so low they receive ssi instead of ssdi. .In this case more often Medicaid kicks in more for ssi than ssdi...In was thinking if FiveNotions has no income and no ssdi she could apply for Medicaid..In certain assets do come into play here...In also believe Medicare and Medicaid along with SS are the same in all states because it's government. .So I know your right...It also goes up if you have a disabled child..I do believe their levels rise...Not totally sure though...I do know you can own your own home own your own car, and if you have a disabled child/children and have lower income you can still get Medicaid..It's all a matter of thresholds I believe...

#166 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:26 PM

Just want to report the best day I have had since I stopped taking that poisonous crap!  I got up before 8am and accomplished many things I have only thought about for the last several weeks.  (Even Christmas stuff is almost all taken care of!! :D)  I had someone in to clean my house for me and it gave me a great lift!  I haven't had this much energy for so long, I didn't recognize myself,.. still have much to do, but one day at a time!

Just a thought to let y'all know that it CAN be done - sure does take some of us longer than others, but we'll all get there.

Prayers and hugs to you all...

#167 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:32 PM

Carleeta....so glad to hear that you had a good day!  We're all going to make it - thinking positively the whole way! :)

hugs and prayers to you,

#168 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:32 PM

Just want to report the best day I have had since I stopped taking that poisonous crap!  I got up before 8am and accomplished many things I have only thought about for the last several weeks.  (Even Christmas stuff is almost all taken care of!! :D)  I had someone in to clean my house for me and it gave me a great lift!  I haven't had this much energy for so long, I didn't recognize myself,.. still have much to do, but one day at a time!

Just a thought to let y'all know that it CAN be done - sure does take some of us longer than others, but we'll all get there.

Prayers and hugs to you all...

TryinginFL. ..Yippeee. .So happy you had a good day..Oh oh oh, actually I'm ecstatic over this..I love it....I've started a new thread, along with our positive thread, to reward yourself for all we have had to go through..You should post how you were rewarded to have someone come and clean your home...Yes Yes you rewarded your own self! ! Sooooooo Happy for you.....

#169 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:33 AM

Good to hear TFL. I had been sort of worried about you. You will still have some bad days but they should be farther and farther apart. Congrats.

#170 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:27 AM

Way to go, TFL! I know what you mean about how good it feels to be able to get the things done that you've been thinking about for weeks, as I finally had a bit of that experience myself yesterday .... And ooh, how lovely, having someone come in to help you clean !

#171 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:59 AM

It's early in the day for me to be adding something positive, but.....for the past several years I've had some sort of "blind spot" in the lower left quadrant of my right eye...the opthomologist cldnt find anything, but it's been like a blurred window pane or smudge sensation...and has driven me nuts as I love to read.... I realized just now that it's gone! No blurs as I read, and it wasn't there yesterday when I picked up a book to read for the first time in months....

also, my current eye glass prescription now seems totally out of whack....I don't seem to need reading glasses anymore, and my lone distance vision has gotten worse....

Cymbalta non only changes lives, it reshapes eyeballs ....

#172 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:44 AM

FiveNotions. .This is wonderful news..you don't need reading glasses any longer..I'm sure medications do affect our eyesight..The good news is something which has bothered you in the corner of your eye has been corrected..yippeee

#173 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:12 PM

1:29 The positive for today is the bright sunsine..It's beautiful...

#174 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

The positive for the day was a friend fixing a plug on my little TV in the kitchen....  I had pushed the toaster oven up against it while the oven was still HOT - duh, I truly believe that my mind takes leave at times - and sometimes I am not sure for how long it will be gone! :wacko:

Oh -another positive-  had my massage therapy this afternoon and feel so much better!   I hope that all of you had at least a small positive happening today and wish you continuing luck on this trip from hell...

Love n Hugs,

#175 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:33 PM

The positive for the day was a friend fixing a plug on my little TV in the kitchen....  I had pushed the toaster oven up against it while the oven was still HOT - duh, I truly believe that my mind takes leave at times - and sometimes I am not sure for how long it will be gone! :wacko:

Oh -another positive-  had my massage therapy this afternoon and feel so much better!   I hope that all of you had at least a small positive happening today and wish you continuing luck on this trip from hell...

Love n Hugs,

TryinginFl....wonderful positive day...broken things being fixed, and massage therapy sounds heavenly. Such a positive day for you.
Hugs to you too.

#176 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:39 PM

My positive this evening is my son and daughter-in-law are going to my next pit stop, before moving into my own home sometime in April, to turn the heat on for my arrival this weekend...yippee.. One more step closer to my new home.....

Still have to pack up ALL my belongs and move forward...yahhhh

#177 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:44 PM

Lol lol..I know this is a positive thread..But Really? It's positively freezing in NYS and this is going to lost through the weekend..Seriously? It will be March 1st in three days...Everyone else up in the North and Middle states...Please stay warm...

It's positively way too cold for this time of year...burrrrrr

#178 clearglass

clearglass

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationGreater Philadelphia Area
  • why_joining:
    I joined for support coming and staying off Cymbalta. Also joined to hopefully offer support to others.

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:01 AM

Hello Everyone,

This is for yestersterday.  After taking my medicine, I walked 3 miles on the treadmill. I was expereiencing some brain zaps, but I still got through the day.  I was very tired, so I missed posting yesterday.

I'm with you Carleeta, it's freezing :(

Clearglass.

#179 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:04 AM

We are expecting an ice storm Sat and Sun here with possible power outages and lows in the single digits. Ugghh!!

#180 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:23 AM

Clearglass....congratulations on the treadmill thing, but maybe it would help if you started out a little slower - maybe a mile instead of 3!  I found that exercise at this point is requiring a slow start, but at least I'm doing it! :)

After your post and that of fihinghat, I guess I'm glad I live in FL even though I am from the Chicago area originally (43yrs), so I understand your plight. :(  (A lifetime Cub fan at that)

Good luck to you and please keep us posted - both of you - you, too, fishinghat on your withdrawal from Ativan!

Prayers and hugs,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users