#451 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:10 AM

Not sure what is going on with me...

I have been crying on and off since I got up this morning and feeling totally hopeless.  I am so sad and can't figure out if this is "slight depression" - not anxiety, I know.  I feel so alone.

After a year off the crap, I am totally clueless. I have taken an Alprazolam and hope that it will help some.  I don't have anything else to take.  My mind has been going 240 since I woke up at 550am and stayed in bed til after 8 but couldn't go back to sleep.  Called to try to see my therapist (have an appt. next week) but he is out of the country this week. :(

Just saying...

#452 DoneWithCrap

DoneWithCrap

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a zombie of too long.
    I want a life!

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:28 AM

TFL I'm so sorry wou are feeling this way. I too have been very terry for the past several days. Even in a house full of people, I feel all alone.

I have felt this way on and off since stopping the Crap.
All I can suggest is that it will pass. The cyclical process of discontinueation of this poison is aweful but we always come back around to good days.

I quit my "Freedom From Smoking" class last week. I walked into class in a aweful mood and didn't want to go to that session anyway because I knew the topic was on medication to "help" you quit.

The instructor was using a projected and showed a slide with the warning that Wellbutrin and Chantex may cause S,SI and aggression. She then said " don't worry about that. It almost never happens and the FDA is getting rid of that black box warning.
I pushed all the materials she handed out to us to the center of the table and walked right out the door.

#453 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:56 AM

DWC,

Guess I thought I was past that, but then, I should know better.  I'm sure that better days are ahead, but this hasn't happened for so long that it really took me by surprise!

I quit smoking about 7 years ago using Chantix (no problems), but then I wasn't on this horrible crap drug at the time.  It may have been different even after getting off it...

If you have the desire to quit, you will. I can't remember how many times I tried to quit!  You'll get there...    You still have this crap stuff to deal with and that doesn't help.  One thing at a time :)

Thanks for your reply - this cyclic thing is the pits! :angry: 

#454 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:20 PM

Beautiful Liz,

As Renee mentioned, it is cyclic and it will pass. We all go through this, cymbalta or not. And wish that I knew what causes this, racking my brain to find the culprit, most of the time can't find the answer, good days come back.

In a way, we get cozy and a dark cloud passes by, makes us appreciate life better afterwards.♥

Renee, about this chantix med, we call it champix here, of six people I know who tried it, 4 of them had a good reaction to it. The other 2 had a real "bad-trip" on it. We all react differently, and I would be scared shirtless to try it.

The electric cigarette would be my choice. I alternate between both.
Take care♥

#455 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:25 PM

I agree with the gals. It will pass. But I am a little surprised. Is there a chance you missed one of your other meds and you have a little withdrawal from that?

#456 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:30 PM

Fh,

I don't take any other drugs other than for BP.  Maybe the Alprazolam isn't working any more?

#457 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:31 PM

Too sudden a change. Its effectiveness slowly fades. What OTC meds yu taking other than Curamed?

#458 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:32 PM

Hi Liz

I totally relate to what you are feeling.

The New Moon is tomorrow and January 19th is as dead as the dead of winter gets! And you know, most of life is spent truly alone, pacing around in that bachelor apartment that is the brain. Most of the time it's okay. But sometimes-- like today-- it's like glimpsing my harried image is a store window, "Oh dear!"

There's nothing that needs fixing Liz, but sometimes a phone call, a card, or a friendly face can make all the difference. And it's just possible that somebody you know and love is feeling exactly the same way as you. Make a phone call, send a text.

I hope this melancholy period will pass, but while it's here it's okay to feel it-- it is a facet of the wonder that is you.

Take care.

#459 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:35 PM

Oh TFL, I am so sorry you are having a bad day! I was trying to start a new post and could not figure it out so here I am! Having a bad day myself. Had quite a few lately!!! Made appt. with my fam' doc for tomorrow. I am just so tired of feeling bad. Not sick, just no energy, sick stomach feeling, pressure type feeling in my eyes and head, no appetite. I just don't know what to do other than go to the doctor and get lab work done to see if I am deficient in something or just going slam arse crazy! I am sick of this!!!! As for the smoking, I am doing the e cig and it helps greatly! Sometimes I wonder if it is affecting the above mentioned maladies.. I just don't know!!! I know I am rambling, but I am just having a really crappy day! I dread going to the doctor. I am so afraid she is going to want to put me on some frikkin' mind bending something!!!!!!!  This poor mind is so bent from the Cymbalta, I couldn't handle anything else. ARG!!! Sorry to be a whiney butt, but I had nowhere else to go and needed to get it out as scrambled as it is!! Love hugs and prayers for all! :unsure:

#460 DoneWithCrap

DoneWithCrap

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • why_joining:
    I want a life!

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:36 PM

As far as quitting smoking goes, I have tried several times in the past. I have used every form of nicotine replacement and had problems with each one. I tried Chantex twice. With my Aptsd! I had some of the worst nightmares ever. The Wellbutrin gives me migraines.
I hadn't wanted to go to the meeting because I know what is available.
What triggered me from a bad mood into an angry *uck it mood was when she shai that the FDA is planning to remove the boxed warning.
As patients, we need to trust what our doctors tell us. They need to trust what the FDA tells them. We need to be better informed, not less informed.

#461 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:37 PM

Fh,

I forgot - I haven't taken a Hydrocodone for 2 days (this is the 3rd).  Could it be that?  I was happy that I didn't feel that I needed it with the miraculous CuraMed results!

#462 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:38 PM

Hydrocodone is an opiate derivative. Welcome to withdrawal. It will get worse so go back on it and start to slowly wean off.  How much are you on and in what form? pill, capsule, ...

#463 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:39 PM

TM,

Thank you for your inspirational post!  I will try an email to my oldest son who has been flu and  slight pneumonia-ridden the past 2 weeks!

Your explanation makes total sense...

#464 DoneWithCrap

DoneWithCrap

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • why_joining:
    I want a life!

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:41 PM

It could just be situational. The holidays are a stressful time of year. It is a time that stirs up all kinds of memories.

I suggest that rather than blame this on a change in meds that you consider it could just be a part of life.
Try to find some physical activity, hobby or anything else that will keep your mind busy.

That is what I have been trying to do.... I suggest you do something other that designing a difficult quilt ;)

#465 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:42 PM

Fh,

It is a tablet (can be halved, and sometimes I would do that and take 1 1/2 when pain was really bad!) I do want to keep this RX tho - I don't know when I will need it!

It is Hydrocodone - Acetaminophine 7.5-325 prescribed at 1/day.

#466 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:46 PM

Liz

You are welcome. What FH has said makes sense too; absolutely everything that comes in via the senses and the bloodstream is interactive! Everything affects everything.

Have a great day. Get near something green and growing. ttyl

#467 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:52 PM

Liz

This will take a little bit but I will be back with you as soon as I can.

#468 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:01 PM

Clara,

I am so sorry that you, too, are feeling so down.  It has been over a year that you have been off this crap too, right?

You are probably right - a Dr. visit may be in order if you haven't been for a while.  I was in about 6 weeks ago and don't have another appt. til March.  Hope I don't need to go sooner!

I hope that you will have blood work done and that the results will be positive.  Good luck to you - take care of yourself!

#469 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:04 PM

TFL

Hydrocodone is a semi-synthetic opioid derived from codeine. Hydrocodone is used orally as an analgesic and antitussive (cough medicine), often in combination with acetaminophen or ibuprofen.[1] Hydrocodone is prescribed predominantly within the United States; elsewhere it is rare. The International Narcotics Control Board reported 99% of the worldwide supply in 2007 was consumed in the United States.

Hydrocodone can be habit-forming, causing physical and psychological dependence. Its abuse liability is similar to morphine and less than oxycodone.

Hydrocodone may interact with serotonergic medications. Using HYDROcodone together with DULoxetine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment.

It has a serum half-life that averages 3.8 hours.

#470 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:06 PM

TFL

I understand your desire to keep this prescription around but its addictiveness means that if you go back on it you risk another withdrawal later. I will go ahead and try to find you some guidance on withdrawal just in case you want to come off it for now or at a later point.

#471 DoneWithCrap

DoneWithCrap

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • why_joining:
    I want a life!

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:09 PM

FH is on the ball. I posted before I considered other meds.

I so glad the MedaCure is helping with your pain, and we are so lucky to have a forum to have many minds looking at the bigger picture.

I was projecting my situation onto what you are experiencing.

This forum is so helpful! Thank you all. It all makes sense now.

#472 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:10 PM

DWC,

I'm outta "likes" again, but consider your post "liked"! :D

#473 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:15 PM

TFL

A little frustration here. Some sites say it is to addictive without medical help like clonidine, benzos or hospital stay.

I also found several sites that say reduce the dosage 25% every 2 days until done. The remaining withdrawal effects will last about 7 more days.

I am going to look at the medical research and see what it says.

#474 DoneWithCrap

DoneWithCrap

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • why_joining:
    I want a life!

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:16 PM

Thank you TFL

Clara, have you ever had problems with your sinuses?

Your symptoms sound so familiar. I have chronic sinusitis and it affects your entire body.
The head pressure, eye pressure and just all around feeling unwell.

Hopefully your doctor will find some way to relieve your troubles.

#475 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:18 PM

Fh,

Thanks for the info, but now I feel that I have done the proverbial "from the frying pan into the fire" thing.... :(

OMG, not more withdrawal.... :wacko:

#476 DoneWithCrap

DoneWithCrap

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • why_joining:
    I want a life!

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:24 PM

You understand how tapering works. Proceed slowly. After you taper off, keep the Rx for those occasions when you need it.
You can do this!
Now that your pain level is manageable, you can cross another Rx off your list. Just be smart about it.

Remember they are recovery symptoms, not withdrawal symptoms. We still need to keep them to a minimum.

#477 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:25 PM

Sorry TFL but nothing worthwhile in the medical research.

I think the 25% every other day is sort of rediculous. With a half life of 3.8 hours the blood levels are just goibg to jack up and then drop back down just repeating you withdrawal. That would suck.

#478 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:31 PM

TFL

I guess the best way would be to use your benzo whenever the symptoms got too rough until you made it through. That is what the detox facilities say they do. (They also use clonidine)

#479 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:32 PM

I took another whole tablet about 30 min. ago...

This is now a tier 4 drug and the only way I can get it filled is to physically go to the Dr.'s office to p/u a written RX and take it to the Pharmacy.  I have to do this every month for a refill.

At this point, I don't know what to do...

This past year has been the worst Hell I have ever been through.  I have been taking the Alprazolam by only 1/2g at a time -2 or 3 times a day at this point.

#480 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:37 PM

TFL

I wish I could just take away your stress over this but you are the only one who can make this decision.

One side note I forgot to mention. Hydrocodone is a truly addictive drug. It affects the addictive center in the brain and generates a desire in the patient to keep taking it. It is not just that the withdrawal is uncomfortable but your brain deeply desires the drug during withdrawal.

God Bless

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users