308 replies to this topic

#151 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 15 December 2018 - 10:14 AM

You've sent this weather over to me in the South-east UK!! It is so windy and rainy.

And because we have limitations on what we can do with old buildings here in the UK (to keep period features), our windows are these useless wooden sash jobs. They don't keep anything out! Heating on full whack since I woke up and still only 14C (55F). Currently under the duvet with a hot water bottle...

#152 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 18 December 2018 - 05:06 PM

Hope you are doing well Kathy and you are able to rest a little with your family...

Thinking of you :)

#153 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 18 December 2018 - 10:36 PM

I'm back home, I got home last night but was too tired to come online.

How are my C buddies?

#154 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 December 2018 - 08:53 AM

We are wondering how your trip went and how you handles the extra stress/activity?

#155 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 19 December 2018 - 09:47 AM

So happy to see you Kathy!

#156 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 19 December 2018 - 10:59 AM

Welcome home!!

#157 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 19 December 2018 - 11:02 PM

The travel stress wasn't bad, I booked a first class ticket with miles.  :)

It was stressful because my sister is a bit hard to get along with, she's very sensitive about the stupidest things, lol! You have to watch most things that you say to her. I just didn't want to have to deal with watching everything I say since I am feeling anxious about my life these days. This is probably the main reason I was not looking forward to the visit. But we all survived and I'm home! I had a good time visiting with her and my nieces!

We went to see the movie "A Star is Born". I cried like a baby at the ending, I guess that means my emotions are coming back after stopping the C?

#158 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 20 December 2018 - 09:52 AM

I would say that is a good sign of returning emotions! A nice positive spin on the trip. 

I can well understand about your apprehension about being around your sister if she is like that, as you say, we all have enough to deal with courtesy of anxiety, so you clearly did very well!

Well done for surviving - make sure you give yourself plenty of praise and suitable rest.

#159 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 December 2018 - 12:46 PM

Kathy. how has your depression been lately?

#160 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 25 December 2018 - 01:27 PM

Merry Christmas!   :wub: 

#161 PrincessNutella

PrincessNutella

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 27 December 2018 - 09:13 AM

Kathy, I saw that you finished weaning. What's your plan? And how is life treating you?

#162 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 28 December 2018 - 12:11 AM

Hi Ozgun, thanks for asking! I finished about 4-6 weeks ago. I went from 2 beads to 0, I didn't even do the 1 bead, take a picture of if and post it for posterity's sake!

I am achy and very fatigued. I guess that's from stopping the C. I feel like depression is back, but my doctor begged me to try being psych med free for a few months until I come back to see her. She believes us when we want to stop C and tells people not to CT and we must do a slow wean. I wish everyone here who has a doctor that doesn't believe that stopping C causes problems could come see her.

I lost my job Nov 1 (it happens in my industry quite often, and I have something possibly starting up Jan 28. The job loss and the possible new job is giving me anxiety, mostly when I wake up in the morning. If I wake up very early (like 4am) I will take a .5 xanax to try to calm down and get back t o sleep. I can't sleep late anymore and I used to be able to do that, I just toss and turn. And I used to be about to take an hour nap some afternoons, that doesn't work anymore. :(

I am trying to exercise and eat clean, the holidays put a small damper on that, but I'm back to it. The holidays themselves were pretty stressful since I was with family - 5 adults, 5 kids, 3 loud dogs, loud TVs, games being played, this all in itself was tiring.  I'm the only one with hearing lose and tinnitus and it seems that most people in my family, especially the kids MUMBLE...As a hard of hearing person, it's fatiguing trying ti decipher conversations.  After the New Year I'm going to get my ears checked out again, see if there is anything new for tinnitus and find out why my right ear is blocked and I can't unblock it. 

Saturday is my eldest sister's birthday, she lives 2 hours north of me and if she's alone for her b-day, I'll feel sorry for her and drive up and spend the day with her. I really have nothing else to do so I might as well.

My life is very boring these days, especially since I lost my job. I don't really have many hobbies so I have to figure out what to do with my time. I live on the 6th floor and I've wondered a few times if falling that far will just cause harm to me or will it cause death? I am not planning on doing this, but those thoughts creep into my mind every now and then. They scare me.

-Kathy

#163 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 December 2018 - 08:59 AM

You have suffered through the tough times so don't give up hope !! This will all fade. Like you said you need to develop a hobby and keep your mind busy until this all passes.

#164 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 28 December 2018 - 09:22 AM

Kathy, I can fully understand what it is you are going through, and having too much time is a sure way of instilling these issues. 

It has only taken this week of being inside nearly all of the time to set me off really bad. I knew I was treading a fine line because of the lack of work and motivation over the holidays, and all it took was the stress of seeing my family and the effects of the pregabalin and I have gone to a very bad place. I am very scared for how I will get myself out of it.

As FH says, it is important to keep going and keep your mind busy at all costs. I woke up just over 2 hours ago and laid in bed for 20 mins until I felt I just couldn't take it any more. I switched on the laptop and got emails just to do something. Having a wife beside me who suffers the same it not helping, so try to take as much time with your family as their happiness and enthusiasm will be infectious, just as I have found myself infectious to my wife's mood. 

It is so difficult at these times and I more than understand - this week of all weeks.

#165 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 29 December 2018 - 10:18 PM

I drove up to my sister's today to take her to lunch. 2 hours up, 2.5 back home made for a long day. I'm so exhausted, I need to go to bed. It's only a little after 10pm, I'll be awake at 4am!! haha

I'm glad I went, hat, you are right.... family is important!

#166 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 29 December 2018 - 10:26 PM

Bless you Kathy - you did a lovely thing.

Sleep well :)

#167 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 29 December 2018 - 10:30 PM

haha she asked me set up her wireless printer, my whole family thinks because I teach a financial computer module, that I know all about computers! I had to take a picture of the printer, send it to my nephew to ask him which button was the "SetUp" button. Who knew it was the button with a wrench and screwdriver on it?  :P

"Sleep well :) "

You too iun, it's late there!!

#168 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 30 December 2018 - 09:30 AM

Sweet Kathy,

I could have written a paragraph or two of your first post.

I'm on the fourth floor, not high enough!lol I often make jokes about that.

I'm in no withdrawal, but am living a part of what you are living, all of you. Depression, anxiety, fear, short lived obsessions, agarophobia etc. All except the sleep which is 100% perfect and more.

I'm on paxil, does it help? I can't say. But I'm over trying another antidepressant, tried so many.

Menopause, it started right there. The money that I put in all those natural products, accupunctor, different approaches, esoteric methods, oh my, I could buy myself an almost new car, which I don't need.

Going on and on here, Kathy, it's not high enough, lol! With love, Gail

#169 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 10:21 AM

Gail, I feel your pain! I suffer from PMS & have too spent a small fortune on Natural Remedies. None of which helped. Clean eating & exercise do help lessen the symptoms a little, but no where near enough. My Gyno Dr said antidepressants are her preferred treatment.

#170 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 December 2018 - 02:50 PM

Noush,

A fortune spent! Is menopause the reason that you ended up on antidepressants?

As I read your posts, it doesn't seem to work too well. But prior to one month or so, you seemed to be good on Cymbalta.

Are you planning on cross tapering to another antidepressant? Isn't life hard!

#171 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 03:21 PM

Hi Gail

No, I went on Cymbalta 5 & half years ago for Postnatal Depression. I have always suffered with PMS but it was worse after having my son & the Postnatal Depression. Therefore my Gyno advised me to stay on the Cymbalta, although her preferred choice was Citalopram, but I was already on Cymbalta.

Up until this last month, the Cymbalta has worked well for me & completely kept all anxiety & depression at bay. I started with headaches just over a year ago, that would come on around 2 hrs after taking my tablet most days & my GP said that it could be down to the Cymbalta. So I decided to wean off it. I have tried 3 times now & failed each time. However, I do not get the headaches anymore.

#172 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 December 2018 - 03:40 PM

Thought you might find this interesting.

https://www.ehealthm...alta/headaches/

105,030 people reported to have side effects when taking Cymbalta.
Among them, 9,248 people (8.81%) have Headaches

Time on Cymbalta when people have Headaches *:
⦁ < 1 month: 34.76 %
⦁ 1 - 6 months: 22.44 %
⦁ 6 - 12 months: 10.7 %
⦁ 1 - 2 years: 12.1 %
⦁ 2 - 5 years: 13.73 %
⦁ 5 - 10 years: 4.87 %
⦁ 10+ years: 1.4 %

Gender of people who have Headaches when taking Cymbalta *:
⦁ female: 80.54 %
⦁ male: 19.46 %

Age of people who have Headaches when taking Cymbalta *:
⦁ 0-1: 0.04 %
⦁ 2-9: 0.06 %
⦁ 10-19: 1.36 %
⦁ 20-29: 5.12 %
⦁ 30-39: 13.12 %
⦁ 40-49: 23.62 %
⦁ 50-59: 29.51 %
⦁ 60+: 27.15 %

#173 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 04:30 PM

Thanks Hat. That is interest research.

#174 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 31 December 2018 - 07:47 PM

Happy New Year to all my friends here!!!  :wub:  :hug:  B)

#175 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 31 December 2018 - 08:01 PM

And the same to you, dear Kathy!!

Hope you are enjoying whatever it is you are doing :)

#176 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 January 2019 - 09:13 AM

Happy New Year to you too Kathy. May it bring you a complete recovery from Cymbalta.

#177 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 08 January 2019 - 12:17 AM

I just reread my entire thread. It seems I started feeling really awful around August 2018 when my last job started sucking (for lack of other terms). I'm not going to go back on any new a/d drugs, I have some .5 xanax that I take every few days... I don't want to get dependent on them. The anxiety and the tinnitus are the worst for me right now. 

How is everyone doing?

#178 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:57 AM

I think you are doing the right thing Kathy. You have gone so far to get where you are and life circumstances are causing a few ups and downs for you at the moment. Hopefully the new jaunt coming up at the end of the month will aid this, so steering clear of any other meds is, in my opinion, the right thing to do.

This is exactly what I am doing seeing what Pregabalin is capable of. Never again!

#179 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:41 PM

I got the old xanax in October 2017. Should I throw that away and start using the new prescription? It seems a shame to waste it, I have about 100 of the old ones left.  :blink: I guess I'm not a drug addict! lol

#180 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:55 PM

The bottle should have an expiration date on it. If not, the old rule of thumb is to mot use a prescription med after it is 1 year old. I will see if I can find anything on shelf life of benzos.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)