2768 replies to this topic

#2131 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 09:00 AM

Got some crazy cramps yesterday but doing a bit better today. Is magnesium good for you ?

#2132 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,896 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 July 2021 - 11:15 AM

Magnesium should only be taken if you are deficient in it. High levels in the blood can cause severe anxiety. Also magnesium competes with calcium in thge body. Taking magnesium will lower blood calcium levels which has its own set of problems.

#2133 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 05:05 PM

I took my actual dosage of vitamin d today i had been only taking half a dose cause I was worried I was getting to much. In any case I ve actually felt pretty good  mentally today for the most part almost just chill. 

#2134 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,896 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 July 2021 - 05:27 PM

May be you were just low on D. Lets hope it is that simple. 

#2135 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 08:51 AM

That would be weird but possible today is day 2 of normal dose and feeling pretty good again 

#2136 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,896 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 July 2021 - 11:29 AM

Not weird at all. Ebook has a lot of info on low vitamin D levels.

#2137 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 09 July 2021 - 02:58 PM

Pretty good day so far the good days are getting more and more frequent thank God 

#2138 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 10 July 2021 - 05:36 PM

Glad to hear this AJ... vit D is quite a common deficiency and you can have very large amounts (which I don't advise) before any problems occur. Generally doses vary between 1000-10,000 micrograms. 

What dose are you taking?

#2139 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 11 July 2021 - 08:39 AM

Glad to hear this AJ... vit D is quite a common deficiency and you can have very large amounts (which I don't advise) before any problems occur. Generally doses vary between 1000-10,000 micrograms. 

What dose are you taking?

its either 2 or 4000 iu's  Have lots of anxiety today been going on the last few days. I read something yesterday about how any seemingly healthy person could just drop dead at any time and that sent me into it. I am struggling like i said with weight gain and because I am on this med I dont seem to realize I am anxious until I am. Like in my head I shouldnt feel anxious cause I am taking my medication so when I still do I think its something more serious like a serious disease or something. I have an appt with my med doc on monday and I am sure he is gonna ask what I want to do. I dont know if I should go up on the med or give it more time. Monday will be 4 weeks on lexapro. Any thoughts from you and hat are welcomed please. 

#2140 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 11 July 2021 - 09:46 AM

I honestly don't think that medication will get shot of the existential anxiety. This is one for talking therapy.

But that said, the initial effects of a lot of SSRI's will increase anxiety initially - that is seen is SO many cases, but I really do think you need to find the right therapist for you and get this all out in the open. 

"any seemingly healthy person could just drop dead at any time"

Seemingly. The operative word. They aren't healthy. The most likely cause of this is ventricular fibrillation. To give you an example of the likelihood, in the US, less than 0.001% of the population suffer this - fewer die from it. 

Start here. A stadium full of people and you still wouldn't find one person who would suffer this fate...

But facts and figures aren't going to help in the long run as I know you are thinking "someone has to be part of these 0.001%, and that could be me!"

Am I right??! :)

#2141 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 11 July 2021 - 10:46 AM

I honestly don't think that medication will get shot of the existential anxiety. This is one for talking therapy.

But that said, the initial effects of a lot of SSRI's will increase anxiety initially - that is seen is SO many cases, but I really do think you need to find the right therapist for you and get this all out in the open. 

"any seemingly healthy person could just drop dead at any time"

Seemingly. The operative word. They aren't healthy. The most likely cause of this is ventricular fibrillation. To give you an example of the likelihood, in the US, less than 0.001% of the population suffer this - fewer die from it. 

Start here. A stadium full of people and you still wouldn't find one person who would suffer this fate...

But facts and figures aren't going to help in the long run as I know you are thinking "someone has to be part of these 0.001%, and that could be me!"

Am I right??! :)

Yeah that is the initial thought. I appreciate you very much man I am blessed to be able to at least come here and ask. I realized that I am still just anxious even 3 weeks in buts its been 3 weeks. 

#2142 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,896 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 July 2021 - 11:12 AM

I would hive Lexapro 2 more weeks to reach full effect.

#2143 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 11 July 2021 - 06:31 PM

I would hive Lexapro 2 more weeks to reach full effect.

Minimum - can be anything up to 12 weeks.

#2144 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 08:00 AM

I am freaking out this morning I went to take my vitamin d and grabbed my ecitalopram instead. So I took an extra dose by accident. I am taking to a pharmacist now and they started to describe sertonin syndrom but said if i dont have any symptoms after about 3 to 4 hours i should be ok. I had a panic attack but it wasnt very strong. My nurse told me I could still be having panic attacks and releasing the chemicals that go with it and not notice that may be why i get the upset stomach and stuff but not really realize why. Anyways if I pass away from this extra dose I wanted to say thank you for everything 

#2145 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 12 July 2021 - 08:09 AM

AJ - keep calm.

I have done this more times than I care to remember. Serotonin syndrome at worst will give you mild sweats, involuntary spasms and a foggy head from an extra dose for one day. Trust me. I doubt you will even realise it. Most people take an extra dose and not even realise it.

In order to pass on from serotonin syndrome you need to have a seriously high level (a whole packet or more) and then not receive medical attention. It's not going to happen brother. 

Take some deep breaths and try your best to calm your anxiety.

I have got to drive about 45 minutes from home and back now, and won't lie, is causing a bit of anxiety. I don't do this enough for it to be "normal". But as I said before, it is just being afraid of the fear. Granted you may feel you have a reason to fear, but medicinally speaking, you WILL be fine.

Hat will find this soon and agree with me - that should cover you... We know about these things. Been there done that.

Chin up mate - you are doing well

IUN

#2146 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,896 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 July 2021 - 08:25 AM

Totally agree IUN.

Extra dose not an uncommon mistake by patients.

Symptoms easy to detect and treatable if developed.

SS from one extra capsule...very very unlikely.

IUN has you covered.

#2147 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 12:37 PM

Thanks guys and yeah doc said same thing. He is trying me on 5mg of extended release adderall because i wasnt tolerating the 10mg instant release which was new for me. thank you guys for putting it in perspective. 

#2148 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 07:25 PM

One other question ive been slowly getting back into exercising and I noticed tonight that I get a little flushed when i do cardio is this normal ?

#2149 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,896 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 July 2021 - 08:30 AM

Not unusual. Like you said, just get back into it slowly. Too much to fast seems to increase anxiety and adrenaline.

#2150 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 12:21 PM

Tired today but to be expected. Life is kind of looking up I think still struggling but I believe God has something good in store for me. 

#2151 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 14 July 2021 - 12:24 PM

Got a new thing going extreme rage. Is it possible its just from being anxious 2 days ago and now I am just reacting. I am lashing out at everyone and wanna just punch someone or something

#2152 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,896 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 July 2021 - 01:43 PM

Unluckily swings in emotions, including rage, is common. Just try and relax and minimize stress for a couple days and it will subside. The body is just trying to find a happy middle ground for your transmitters. The swings will get easier with time.

#2153 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 08:38 AM

Still pretty tired having a tough time just winding down at night but i recognize its the after affects of panic and that is all 

#2154 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 15 July 2021 - 07:39 PM

You gotta love these emotional swings. I remember having the "rage" discussion with Hat over 2 years ago now I think... even LDN, one of easrth's biggest pacifists took out a trash can during his less stable days.

Still a few more days to go while you calm everything down. But it will level out soon enough. Hang in there...

#2155 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 17 July 2021 - 08:11 AM

Thanks for all the kind words and helping put things in perspective its been a crazy week hoping for something better this week.

#2156 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 17 July 2021 - 12:18 PM

So has anyone else spoke about unintentional weight gain with Lexapro ? My dr the at my last visit said that If I try and lose weight like dieting light exercise and am still not losing when I see him again in 3 months he may take me off of it ? Is this a common issue any ways to combat it ?

#2157 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,896 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 July 2021 - 12:58 PM

I had no issues but gaining weight on an antidepressant is fairly common.

#2158 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 17 July 2021 - 04:31 PM

The internet is littered with people complaining about weight gain from anti-depressants. As Hat said, it is a common complaint. 

The truth is, we don't really know why, but then again, the pharmaceutical companies don't really know how their drugs work either, so....

#2159 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 12:07 PM

Been feeling quesy since last night not sure whats going on there. Things are moving in the right direction I think although it feels weird not being as anxious as I normally am 

#2160 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,896 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 July 2021 - 12:54 PM

Weird can be good.  lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users