#2191 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 August 2021 - 01:23 PM

Do you think it was from the throat or from say your gums?

#2192 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 11 August 2021 - 02:05 PM

Do you think it was from the throat or from say your gums?

My throat like my left side had been sore for the last few days but after clearing my throat and the blood now it doesnt hurt so much but my throat feels scratchy now 

#2193 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 August 2021 - 05:11 PM

Sounds like an infection. Watch your temp and if you get feeling bad maybe you should go see the dr.

#2194 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 11 August 2021 - 08:21 PM

The throat is one of the most delicate tissue areas in the body with many blood vessels at the surface. One could simply cough and draw blood. The air and mucus is like a wind tunnel at the speeds it goes passed this tissue. A little blood is a common phenomenon. I wouldn't be surprised if it cleared up of its own accord.

If the scratchiness and such continues, then quite possible an infection as Hat said, but cross that bridge if and when.

#2195 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 10:46 AM

yeah so it hasnt happened again i am thinking maybe my throat was dry or else maybe i injured it eating something idk but hasnt happened again so i think ill be ok. been pretty tired this week manager is on vacation so  i am running the place again 60 hours put in as of tomorrow 

#2196 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 14 August 2021 - 08:48 AM

Lets talk about brain aneurisms are they an immediate death sentence? Is there a way to know if your at risk? 

#2197 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 August 2021 - 11:21 AM

There are several things that put ypu at risk for brain aneurysms. High blood pressure, poor arterial vessel elasticity, certain meds and more. One of the most important factors is a family history of aneurysms. They can be slow leakers with symptoms depending on where they occur in the brain and cause cause vision problems, headaches and soooo much more. This is where a critical review by a physician is very important.  

#2198 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 14 August 2021 - 12:02 PM

There are several things that put ypu at risk for brain aneurysms. High blood pressure, poor arterial vessel elasticity, certain meds and more. One of the most important factors is a family history of aneurysms. They can be slow leakers with symptoms depending on where they occur in the brain and cause cause vision problems, headaches and soooo much more. This is where a critical review by a physician is very important.  

So the only person I know of in my family that had this happen was my aunt who was older and out of shape when it happened to her. My mother and father as far as I know have not had issues with it 

#2199 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 August 2021 - 01:15 PM

Probably mot genetic. Being older and out of shape causes the blood vessel walls to thin and make the risk of aneurysms m ore likely.

#2200 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 15 August 2021 - 03:53 PM

Been anxious all day anxiety is back and bothering me to much again

#2201 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 16 August 2021 - 08:25 AM

As Hat said, headaches and ocular-based disturbances are the key factors to any issues with the brain. Neither on their own are not something indicative of anything too concerning - although should be addressed if they persist.

Sorry to hear about the anxiety coming back. Unfortunately, these things are a rollercoaster. You are not alone. I for one, am on my third day with no outside work, so I have been stuck indoors since Friday evening and starting to get cabin fever. I have been out for a walk every day, but it just shows how important getting out and having some social interaction is important. 

#2202 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 12:29 PM

Been doing a little better today but not much the dr had upped my adderall to 10 mg last week and its still a bit to much for me so going back to 5 mg. 

#2203 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 24 August 2021 - 09:37 AM

So I am back to being afraid of Covid again. My docs say I have a better chance of a monkey killing me with a coconut then I do of dying from Covid. Why cant I just trust them ?

#2204 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 24 August 2021 - 04:32 PM

Not quite how I would have put it.

Something will have triggered the anxiety - always does. Just that we often don't see it. Myself included.

The way you will get through this is to just ignore it. Let it be. The more you fight it, the worse it will be and the longer it will stay. 

#2205 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 26 August 2021 - 12:09 PM

Not quite how I would have put it.

Something will have triggered the anxiety - always does. Just that we often don't see it. Myself included.

The way you will get through this is to just ignore it. Let it be. The more you fight it, the worse it will be and the longer it will stay. 

I will try for sure to just let it be 

#2206 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 27 August 2021 - 05:33 PM

Good man.

I know it isn't easy. I have been there for a long time myself before. That is why we are here.

You know where to come whenever you need help.

#2207 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 28 August 2021 - 09:26 AM

I can say I am more aware of when I am becoming overwhelmed now then I was before. Recently have had wayyy to much on my plate and I have noticed the physical anxiety symptoms crawling back (heartburn, acid reflux, jitters,etc...) The problem I am having at the moment is not matter what I try to calm myself I cant seem to do it. Any experience with this ? What can I do ? Is it one of those time things we learn about from Hat where I just need to give it time to burn itself out?

#2208 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 August 2021 - 05:59 PM

Oh AJ I wish I had an answer for that. Just my gut feeling is that you still have to much stress going on in yoyrc life and that really doesn't help. With coping skills you can slow it a liottle but the real help comes in lowering the stress levels. What you need is a 6 month vacation.  lol

#2209 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 29 August 2021 - 07:13 AM

Agree with Hat here - but your own admission, you have a lot on your plate. It is going to happen.

By comparison, I have had 2 weeks of non-stop work and the end of this week really saw a return of my anxiety. Nothing like it was, but it "creeps in" like you say. We need to heed these as a warning. 

The problem as I see it, is that we have so much going on that we don't have time to consider anything else, but as soon as we stop, there is a void that is not been attended to, and it is then filled with thoughts that get out of control as we have conditioned our brains to work overtime. There needs to be balance, and months on, I am still working on this!

You are best to keep talking about it as you are, as it makes you aware of it and thus are more likely to do something about it.

#2210 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 29 August 2021 - 06:45 PM

Thank you both and what you are saying is right I need to learn to slow down otherwise Ill be heading for another mental burn out.

Oh AJ I wish I had an answer for that. Just my gut feeling is that you still have to much stress going on in yoyrc life and that really doesn't help. With coping skills you can slow it a liottle but the real help comes in lowering the stress levels. What you need is a 6 month vacation.  lol

Agree with Hat here - but your own admission, you have a lot on your plate. It is going to happen.

By comparison, I have had 2 weeks of non-stop work and the end of this week really saw a return of my anxiety. Nothing like it was, but it "creeps in" like you say. We need to heed these as a warning. 

The problem as I see it, is that we have so much going on that we don't have time to consider anything else, but as soon as we stop, there is a void that is not been attended to, and it is then filled with thoughts that get out of control as we have conditioned our brains to work overtime. There needs to be balance, and months on, I am still working on this!

You are best to keep talking about it as you are, as it makes you aware of it and thus are more likely to do something about it.

Thank you both and your both right I need to learn to slow down otherwise Ill be hitting another mental burn out. The wife and I are planning a 3 day get away that may help just her and I we havent done that since the kids were born.

#2211 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 August 2021 - 05:38 AM

3-day getaway sounds like a cracking idea. Just make sure she hasn't got any plans on visiting a theme park :)

#2212 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 30 August 2021 - 12:15 PM

3-day getaway sounds like a cracking idea. Just make sure she hasn't got any plans on visiting a theme park :)

Nope no theme parks at all lol just wilderness 

#2213 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 30 August 2021 - 04:43 PM

Just read a story about a 30 year old who passed from covid got me worked up again I dont know why I do this to myself I need to stay away from the news been having PTSD nightmares about the war too which I havent had in 10 plus years . 

#2214 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 August 2021 - 05:22 PM

Just remember, you are vaccinated so iof you do get covid it should be managable.

#2215 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 31 August 2021 - 09:09 AM

Just remember, you are vaccinated so iof you do get covid it should be managable.

I have not gotten the vaccine yet I am struggling cause I read stories of people dying from it but people are dying from Covid too. I am so stuck I talk to my nurses and drs and all of them is leaving it up to me. I am struggling with this. Sorry :(

#2216 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 31 August 2021 - 11:40 AM

Covid kills about 0.3% of unvaccinated people (Delta variant around 0.9%). That is about 3000 in a million with about 45000 getting long covid or about 9000 in a million for the Delta variant and around 120,000 with long covid.

Moderna and Pfizer vaccine kills around 0.00001. That is around 1 in ten million.

Easy choice.

#2217 frog

frog

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 31 August 2021 - 11:45 AM

To echo FH's post:

Per the CDC out of 310 MILLION vaccine doses (about 210 million people), there have been just shy of 7000 deaths reported (0.00003%). However healthcare providers are required to reports any deaths following the vaccine even if it's unclear if the vaccine had anything to do with it. So someone could have passed away from old age after receiving the vaccine and would still be counted in that number just in case. 

Your chance of dying from COVID while unvaccinated is many times higher than having a bad reaction to the vaccine. Also if you were in the military I assume you received a number of mandatory vaccinations. If you didn't have any adverse reactions to any of these, it's unlikely you would have one to the COVID vaccine. The J&J vaccine in particular (while not quite as effective against catching the Delta variant) is built on the same technology as many older vaccines so unlikely to cause any issues to someone who's had other similar vaccines before

#2218 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 10:47 AM

To echo FH's post:

Per the CDC out of 310 MILLION vaccine doses (about 210 million people), there have been just shy of 7000 deaths reported (0.00003%). However healthcare providers are required to reports any deaths following the vaccine even if it's unclear if the vaccine had anything to do with it. So someone could have passed away from old age after receiving the vaccine and would still be counted in that number just in case. 

Your chance of dying from COVID while unvaccinated is many times higher than having a bad reaction to the vaccine. Also if you were in the military I assume you received a number of mandatory vaccinations. If you didn't have any adverse reactions to any of these, it's unlikely you would have one to the COVID vaccine. The J&J vaccine in particular (while not quite as effective against catching the Delta variant) is built on the same technology as many older vaccines so unlikely to cause any issues to someone who's had other similar vaccines before

Covid kills about 0.3% of unvaccinated people (Delta variant around 0.9%). That is about 3000 in a million with about 45000 getting long covid or about 9000 in a million for the Delta variant and around 120,000 with long covid.

Moderna and Pfizer vaccine kills around 0.00001. That is around 1 in ten million.

Easy choice.

Thank you both good info

#2219 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 10:41 AM

So contacted my Dr for a phone consults on getting a Anti body test and pending that getting the J &J. What are the chances I have blood clots or bad reaction. 

#2220 frog

frog

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 04:39 PM

The data from May was that 9 million doses had been administered and 28 blood clot cases. More predominant in women than men. Only 6 of those 28 were men. So HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY unlikely. 

Bad reaction typically takes the form of allergic reaction. If you've never had an allergic reaction to a vaccine or other medication before, it's very unlikely you'd suddenly have one now. 

I'm really happy to hear you're considering getting the vaccine. The Pfizer and Moderna have been found to be more effective in preventing infection than J&J but even the J&J will protect you and keep you from going to the hospital. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users