Photo

Feeling Suicidal. Not Sure If I Have Any Options Left.

• Please log in to reply
1636 replies to this topic

#841 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 03:08 AM

Thanks Lyla. Sorry to hear about your throat. Hope it eases soon.

I am taking a couple of supplements- NAC as it is helping with the breathing issue and clearing the mucus. I'm also tak7ng a herbal supplement to help with the stomach issue, which I think is Candida and a digestive enzyme before food.I'm also watching my diet.

Will keep you posted.

Polly

#842 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    It's really difficult finding support for conditions like this. There's really nothing at a local level so the internet is pretty much it.

Posted 20 January 2020 - 08:56 AM

Hmm so I did some research and was devastated to find out that exercise is bad for gastritis and reflux! Seriously???? When I went for a jog last night I thought my symptoms were getting worse but I wouldnt have imagined going for a 10 minute jog would make things worse. I really find that eating steal cut oats helps my symptoms a lot. But I cant just eat oats all day!

#843 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 08:59 AM

Hi Lyla. Some types of exercise are good for reflux. I've pasted a link below

https://dighealth.or...ur-acid-reflux/

#844 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    It's really difficult finding support for conditions like this. There's really nothing at a local level so the internet is pretty much it.

Posted 20 January 2020 - 09:51 AM

Light jogging brought back my symptoms to the worst level. My stomach flu was nearly a month ago and I feel like I'm no better. I'm getting my gastroscopy tomorrow. Kind of nervous. I had one a couple years ago. I'm staying awake for it as well.

#845 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 January 2020 - 10:09 AM

You will notice that the article that Polly mentioned states very light exercise only. Exercise, of any time, causes the blood flow to the muscles to increase and blood flow to the stomach to decrease. This sends the oxygen to where it is needed, in the muscles. The decrease in blood flow to the stomach further irritates the acid reflux.

One thing that many people do who suffer from acid reflux is to raise the head of their bed. An increase of 7% angle can greatly decrease the acid flow to/through the esophagus.

#846 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 January 2020 - 12:58 PM

FH Ya I raise my head. I'm assuming what's happened is that the stomach flu created chronic gastritis and hence the terrible acid reflux. I'm starting to wake up to how bad histamine is for everything. Since I stopped the probiotics I've felt great withdrawal symptom wise. If I can just alleviate this crazy gastritis then I'd be walking on cloud nine!

#847 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 January 2020 - 08:24 AM

I just had my gastroscopy today and they gave me a hefty dose of novocaine because I wasnt being put to sleep for it. Should I be concerned about being setback from novocaine from duloxetine or benzo withdrawal? I cant seem to find if there's any alcohol in the freezing.

#848 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 January 2020 - 09:45 AM

I could find no link between Novocain and the major neurotransmitters like serotonin, adrenaline, etc. It is a localized reaction which means it should not effect the body or brain other than in the area of the injection.

#849 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 January 2020 - 10:55 AM

It was a spray. They sprayed it down my throat and told me to swallow so I did ingest it. They gave me a lot.

#850 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 01:21 PM

Hi Lyla. I had the spray down my throat a few months ago when I had an endoscopy and it didn't have any adverse effects.

Hopefully, the test will show what the problem is and they can sort it out for you.

Polly

#851 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 January 2020 - 01:54 PM

Hey Polly. Thanks for letting me know. Preliminary results show that I have a hiatal hernia (already knew that) but will wait to see what the biopsy shows. Glad to have that over with. How are you feeling?

#852 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 02:51 PM

You're welcome Lyla. I'm sure your biopsy will be fine but it's good they are checking. Do you know if they check for Candida?

I'm not too bad thanks. The stomach issues have all but resolved, thankfully, so I'm putting it down to withdrawal. I still have this horrible air hunger and randomly sweat (it's different from a menopause hot flush - which I've had before). I'm convinced I have Candida in my Oesophagus again, which I've had before so I am taking a herbal antifungal supplement and following the Candida diet. Part of me is hoping the shortness of breath is still withdrawal and that it will fade soon🙏.

Polly

#853 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 January 2020 - 03:24 PM

Sweating is common in withdrawal. Air hunger is less common but I've heard of enough people having it. Just keep to an extra clean supplement and medication free diet and you'll be back to normal soon enough. 

#854 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 04:23 PM

Thanks Lyla, that's reassuring. Are you still weaning or off it completely?

Polly

#855 frog

frog

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 05:09 PM

Polly I still have intermittent issues with my breathing. I don't feel like anything is stuck in there or anything, just like I need to take a really deep full breath and I can't always get it. It comes and goes but is definitely worse when the withdrawal symptoms are worse. My understanding is that air hunger is also a symptom of anxiety so it's possible to still be a withdrawal symptom for you too I would guess. I don't have acidosis so it's definitely anxiety/withdrawal related for me. 

#856 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 05:20 PM

Thanks for your reply Frog. Sorry I've forgotten- are you still weaning or off completely? You described it exactly as I have it - not being able to take a deep breath. It can be scary at times. I stopped completely 8 weeks ago after doing a very slow taper.

If I could just get rid of the breathing issue I would be on top of the world! Thanks again.

Polly

#857 frog

frog

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 05:58 PM

I tapered last year down to like 18mg and then cold turkey'd the rest in October. Had a few weeks where I had pretty light symptoms, mostly brain zaps and major irritability. Then at the start of November I got run over by the withdrawal bus. At the suggestion of FH and IUN I introduced a few beads back into the mix to try to ease the effects. Hard to say if they helped or not but I was on 7 beads until Christmas and have been tapering off that since then. I'm stuck at 4 right now for the last 2 weeks because I had a reaction to the drop so I'm waiting for a week or so without too much trouble before I move on. Trying to be patient, but also so very desperate to be in the 0 club like you :)

This article was interesting: https://www.healthli...-breath-anxiety

It shows how to practice diaphragmatic breathing which is a more efficient way of breathing. It also says breathing in and out through your nose is less likely to cause shortness of breath/hyperventilation

#858 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 January 2020 - 06:44 PM

Polly

The air hunger could also be a symptom of acid reflux. Could be silent reflux that doesnt cause symptoms as well.

I tapered from 30mg to 25mg at 10% a month. The withdrawal was too horrific so I stopped in Oct 2018. Been hell ever since but I've had my share of setbacks. Also, I went through a year and a half of benzo withdrawal before that as well. Seems like I'm starting to get better though.

#859 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 January 2020 - 09:35 AM

Air hunger, respiratory acidosis, breathing difficulties and heartburn/acid reflux are all interlinked.

#860 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 January 2020 - 11:17 AM

I'm glad I got the test done in some respect but I feel like it's set me back. I haven't felt right since yesterday morning. I feel kind of drowsy, groggy and jittery at the same time. He gave me massive doses of Novocaine to swallow and I'm wondering if that could be it. Any thoughts FH?

Thank you

#861 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 January 2020 - 12:35 PM

It is a central nervous system depressant so the drowsiness and grogginess is a definite possibility but the half life is only 1.5 hours so its effects should be long gone.

#862 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 January 2020 - 12:53 PM

What about the other stuff in it? It tasted like cough medicine. Not sure if it was novocaine but whatever freezing med they used. I really hope this isnt going to be some long-winded setback! Ugh

#863 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 January 2020 - 02:30 PM

In my investigations I found....

61 approved anesthetic sprays for use during gastroscopy.

They all used Xylocaine (also known as lidocaine, lignocaine) or benzocaine and some of the inert ingredients included ethanol, menthol, banana essence, cineole oil, propylene glycol, polyethylene glycol, benzalkonium chloride, mecetronium bromide, mint, levomenthol, macrogol 400 , essence of banana and saccharin.

Most drs use these sprays in conjunction with intravenous midazolam (a benzo).

#864 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 January 2020 - 04:18 PM

Ah so benzocaine and ethanol. That's not good if they were in it. Remember I am crazy sensitive to alcohol from the benzo withdrawal. Yup makes sense why I've felt like crap since the test and the extra dose of poison which I didnt ask for. In fact, I asked them directly if there was alcohol in it and the doctor said no. I dont think he had any idea.

#865 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 January 2020 - 04:51 PM

Its hard to say as not all the sprays have alcohol.

Also, did you have an IV? Many drs use midazolam by IV with the spray.

#866 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 January 2020 - 05:12 PM

No I only had the spray and nothing else. I tried to be as careful as possible.

#867 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 January 2020 - 06:41 PM

Very good.

#868 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 January 2020 - 07:26 PM

Think it will set me back much?

#869 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:12 AM

It is hard to say but it has been around 49 hours or so. I would think that if it was going to set you back it would have by now.

#870 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 January 2020 - 06:26 PM

I took cbd yesterday and I felt better today. I just took another cbd pill and now I'm feeling kind of out of it and shaky. Maybe I overdid it taking it two days in a row? FH or IUN I need your genius research! Does cbd work on benzo receptors? Any interactions with Duloxetine? I think I'll wait a week or so and see how I do on the two doses I've taken and then consider taking more.

Thank you!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users