Photo

Feeling Suicidal. Not Sure If I Have Any Options Left.

• Please log in to reply
1636 replies to this topic

#871 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 23 January 2020 - 06:37 PM

Interaction with Duloxetine is very minimal, although some say it can exacerbate side effects - but these again are rarely heard of;

http://www.cbdoilkan...-with-cymbalta/

Regarding CBD and benzo receptors, there is research suggesting the interaction between the two, but much more work is required to clarify this further. The following is what is currently hypothesised...

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/19825899

#872 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    It's really difficult finding support for conditions like this. There's really nothing at a local level so the internet is pretty much it.

Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:02 AM

From my experience, I dont think it works on the benzo receptors. Cbd and anti histamines are the only things that seem to mostly have positive effects for me.

#873 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:52 AM

It is not unusual for dizziness, out of it feeling of slightly too much CBD is taken.

I agree with IUN, not much to indicate a significant effect of cbd on benzo receptors.

#874 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 January 2020 - 09:08 AM

https://www.ncbi.nlm...ubmed/16876926/
Canabis does not react with Benzo receptors in rats.

https://doh.dc.gov/s...eractions_0.pdf
CBD is a potent inhibitor of CYP3A4 and CYP2D6. As CYP3A4 metabolizes about a quarter of all drugs, CBD may increase serum concentrations of macrolides , calcium channel blockers, benzodiazepines, cyclosporine, sildenafil (and other PDE5 inhibitors), antihistamines, haloperidol, antiretrovirals , and ...

Note - Does not ract witn benzo receptors but does interfer with benzo removal by the liver and allows benzos to build up in the blood stream. Not an issue if you are not currently taking benzos but should be avoided when using benzos.

#875 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    It's really difficult finding support for conditions like this. There's really nothing at a local level so the internet is pretty much it.

Posted 24 January 2020 - 01:24 PM

Thanks for your research FH and IUN. Definitely feel like I overdid it taking it two days in a row. Yesterday I felt groggy and out of it and today I feel jittery and a little foggy brained. I was trying to experiment if it would cure my stomach problems. I haven't had the results I had hoped for yet. 

#876 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 24 January 2020 - 06:11 PM

I don't think CBD will be the way to go for the stomach issues myself. Whilst there is limited research on the subject, it doesn't mean there aren't any reactions, but they can still occur. A lot can depend on the issues and circumstance of the individual at the time. 

I am sure Hat will remember as well I as I did that about this time last year, I took one super-strength iron tablet and I was in a right state for nearly a week.... I could only find a few references as to what could have potentially caused it, just turns out that I was one of the uber sensitive ones - just like you could be - along with other people who frequent these forums having gone through a myriad of medication....

#877 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 24 January 2020 - 06:29 PM

I'm pretty sure it was the hefty dose of swallowing the freezing spray that set me back. The second dose of CBD probably didn't help - in fact Ive felt really terrible since I took it so maybe it does work on benzo receptors. I feel absolutely dreadful today - on my daughters first birthday of all days, of course! I really hope this isnt going to be a several months long setback from the freezing/cbd. Please god have mercy on me that this isn't another major setback! I just can't take it. 

#878 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:35 AM

I'm debating taking a ppi again. I went through 2 months of hell after taking it but it just seems like theres no other way to get over my gastritis/gerd. Dont know what to do.

#879 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 January 2020 - 01:56 PM

Cbd is bad news for reflux!

#880 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 January 2020 - 02:15 PM

I don't know what it is about who as a group (psychotropic drug users) of people that want to take shortcuts. I always want to reach for that shortcut but that's what all got us into this mess to begin with. There isn't a supplement, drug or herb in the world that's going to help us. Best case scenario is it doesnt affect us but most people that are in deep wd syndrome say that it makes them worse. It felt so liberating to completely empty my cupboard of vitamins, minerals, cbd and whatever else and throw them all in the garbage. I feel like this is the best path for healing for all of us.

#881 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 January 2020 - 02:23 PM

Well put. One of my toxicology teachers once said that for any drug to work it must be able to affect the body and you can't affect the body without other effects that aren't desired because everything in the body is interconnected with everything else.

#882 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 January 2020 - 10:43 AM

Is there an acid reducer medication anyone knows about that wont set us back? Proton pump inhibitors all work the same, I assume?

#883 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 January 2020 - 11:14 AM

The only one I know for sure isLansoprazole …

"Lansoprazole (same as Prevacid) lists no drug interaction with Cymbalta. Lansoprazole is eliminated from the body by the liver using the CYP2C19 and 3A4 metabolism while Cymbalta is eliminated by the liver using the CYP1A2 and CYP2D6 metabolism so there should be no drug interaction or effects on Cymbalta absorption. I found no conclusive studies in the medical journals however."

But you commented before that it was not very effective and gave you joint pain.

I am going to eat lunch right now but when I come back I will see if I can find something else.

#884 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 January 2020 - 12:13 PM

I havent tried that one. Perhaps you're thinking of someone else. Some other considerations would be the change of acid secretions and the release of histamine.

Thank you for your research on my behalf. Really appreciate your help.

#885 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 January 2020 - 12:22 PM

My apologies. That was Polly.

#886 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 January 2020 - 12:42 PM

Pantoprazole sodium was the one that nearly killed me, though it did make my stomach significantly better after just 3 doses. The problem is that if I let this linger for super long then it could damage my larynx or possibly even lead to throat cancer. I'm going to try sticking under 30g of carbs the next few days and see if that makes a difference. I think eating meat is also hurting me. There arent too many food options left for me. Egg whites, vegetables... cant think of anything else!

#887 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 January 2020 - 01:16 PM

H2 Blockers
nizatidine
ranitidine
famotidine
cimetidine

PPIs
Omeprazole (Prilosec),
Esomeprazole (Nexium),
Lansoprazole (Prevacid),
Rabeprazole (AcipHex)
Pantoprazole (Protonix)
Dexlansoprazole (Dexilant)

All are listed by Drugs.com as having a drug interactiuon with Cymbalta. They effect the absorbtion of antidepressants. This position is upheld by medical journal reports. It should also be mentioned that many compete with Cymbalta for degradation in the liver and thiis can cause a change in blood levels of the antidepressant.

My suggestion would be Lansoprazole (Prevacid), as it does not compete with Cymbalta for degradation in the liver. As a short term treatment I would consider sodium bicarbonate. It does not contain magnesium, aluminum or calcium and therefore can be taken at the same time as other meds. Be aware that the use of sodium bicarbonate will generate salt in the stomach as a byproduct of acid neutralization. Some individuals are sensative to salt intake and it increases anxiety. If salt in your foods does not cause a problem then this may be an opotion.

Antacids
Of the three classes, antacids are the fastest acting. They start providing relief to the patient within five minutes. As such, should be used as needed (on-demand) for breakthrough symptoms that occur ideally less than once per week. They don’t prevent GERD. They simply neutralize stomach pH decreasing the exposure of the esophageal mucosa to acid from the stomach during episodes of reflux. Antacids only work for 30 to 60 minutes and may cause side effects like constipation or diarrhea depending on which antacid you use.

Over the counter antacids
aluminum hydroxide
magnesium hydroxide
magnesium carbonate
sodium bicarbonate
calcium carbonate

Antacids containing magnesium and calcium should not ve taken within 2 hours of another medication. Calcium compounds may cause constipation and magnesium compounds mat cause diarrhea. Aluminum hydroxide does not have that effect but aluminum increases the risk of Alzheimer's Disease.

#888 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:54 PM

Thanks FH, I appreciate your help. I'm going to do everything before I take that jump but I will try that one as a last resort. At least this time I'd only just do a 1 pill trial - hopefully wouldn't set me back too hard.

I'm even going to start drinking celery juice all day and see how that goes. I've eliminated carbs down to 30g a day. I'm already a toothpick but I'll do it what it takes.

#889 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 27 January 2020 - 06:44 PM

Speaking of Magnesium - Chelated Magnesium - I stopped taking it when I had the 5 week IBS flare...

I have just this past week started taking it again as I am waking up every hour each nite with horrible cramps in my legs, to the point where I have to get up and walk around for a while.

It seems if it isn't one thing it's something else....getting old sure sucks! :angry:

#890 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 January 2020 - 09:10 PM

Ya I have restless legs as well but I had it long before withdrawal. I took a multivitamin every day for about 4 weeks and it completely disappeared. Not sure if its magnesium or some other vitamin or mineral deficiency. I wouldn't dare take a multivitamin or magnesium now though. They make me feel terrible! Celery juice it is - see how that goes! LOL

#891 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 28 January 2020 - 06:15 PM

These leg cramps are not the same as restless legs as I have that as well...The cramps are so painful that I cannot stay in bed.

Restless legs makes me want to jump out of my skin and I take Ropinirole for that...sometimes I have it all over my body :( I have had restless legs for over 30 yrs now

#892 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 January 2020 - 09:30 AM

FH I caved and took a famotidine this morning. The burning throat was too much. It didnt even work but gotta love the heart pounding that came with it. Any idea how badly this affects absorption? Also, how bad of a setback we talking? The ppi was at least a 2 months setback from 3 doses. Maybe a couple weeks?

#893 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 January 2020 - 10:18 AM

Should be less of an issue. Famotidine is eliminated primarily by the kidneys and only a little by the liver. It does not effect the cytochrome P450 enzymes so does not effect medicine absorption directly. The change in acidity of the stomach acids by famotidine would only have a minimal effect on Cymbalta absorption. Famotidine can take a few days to effect acid absorption. I would not expect much of a set back.

#894 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 January 2020 - 05:53 PM

I'm drinking cabbage and celery juice by the gallon. Barely eating any carbs and zero sugar. Drinking a ton of water. I want to see if I can cure this damm thing naturally and maybe use it as a precedent for other people.

I have to say that following this diet seems good for mental clarity so far. Dont like the weight loss though.

#895 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 29 January 2020 - 06:01 PM

Yes, Pol has had continued issues with Lans... it is not for everyone.

What did you find to the be issue with the CBD Lyla? I have know it to cause mild stomach upset in some, but that is usually in higher doses of full spectrum. 

#896 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 January 2020 - 06:02 PM

"I'm drinking cabbage and celery juice by the gallon."

I have only one thing to say....GAG!!!

You are a stronger person than me.

#897 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 January 2020 - 09:13 PM

Its strange FH. I feel pretty good today despite my heart pounding after taking the famotidine. I think it definitely had an affect but maybe my diet is keeping the setback in check. I actually like the celery juice but the cabbage juice takes a little getting used to lol. I think its helping though. I think the main difference is cutting out carbs though.

IUN. The first day I took it I felt fine. The second day I felt miserable after I took it. I felt kind of woozy and the usual wd symptoms came on full force. Also, I think it made my reflux quite worse. Maybe its coincidence but it definitely didn't help. I found that cbd helped me more in benzo wd.

#898 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 January 2020 - 09:07 AM

Polly

The last 3 or 4 days I've had the breathless feeling come on. Its come on pretty strong today. Not sure why because my acid reflux has been a little better.

#899 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:18 AM

Hi Lyla

Mine is strong today and has been constant for weeks. I tried taking Lansoprazole the other day but felt really unwell. I have been taking Silicogel, which coats the oesophagus. I'm hoping it will start to work soon. Does it feel like you keep needing to take a deep breath? I also have a sore pain behind my breastbone (I think it's the bottom of my oesophagus. Really fed up of it now!

I'm having a scan on 14th February and seeing the consultant on the 20th.

Polly

#900 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:53 PM

Ya it does. The only thing that's ever worked for me is taking a ppi but it affects the absorption of cymbalta so I cant take it. Celery and cabbage juice I'm very iffy about. I dont believe in this low stomach acid theory people have. Most people have too much stomach acid due to our diets, hernias etc. So as celery acid increases acid production, it stands to reason it might make me worse. Although, I havent had reflux from drinking it so not sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users