Bead Counting Tapering - New To Me So All Advice Welcome!

• Please log in to reply
513 replies to this topic

#451 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2019 - 06:26 PM

Cheers, IUN

#452 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 31 May 2019 - 07:52 PM

No problemo, spotted dick :)

#453 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2019 - 01:45 PM

Spotted dick lol. High school lunches tumbling into my mind, the big metal jug of custard crashing to the floor and the dining hall erupting! Happy days! :D

Took melatonin last night and fell asleep but noisy neighbour woke me at 4.55am. It’s all getting just too much so have had to take another holiday. Am hoping to get two nights’ shuteye before the bint returns.

My garden is being invaded by great clouds of jackdaws. They’re beautiful and fascinating but terrify all the other birds. My friend’s reported the same thing. Anyone else seen lots of jackdaws? Prior to now, I’ve only ever encountered them singly. Tis strange. There are blackbirds singing now on this first day of June. Huge north south divide weather wise here in the UK. My part of Scotland is freezing and grey - even have the heating on!

Anyways, hope everyone’s coping and feeling chilled this weekend. Much love and blessings xxx :) xxx

#454 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 01 June 2019 - 05:57 PM

Sorry for silence dear NM... today has been far from kind to me. I woke up with intense dizziness AGAIN. I just couldn't take any more. I went to my friend regardless, but I got there, was loosing concentration and started panicing about getting home, so left immediately. Been under the duvet covers since...

#455 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2019 - 06:23 PM

Och you wee sausage. That sounds so prolonged and intense. Hope you’re feeling a bit more comfy snuggling under the duvet. You stay there all weekend if you need to, sugar almond. Sending you heaps of love and healing vibes xxx :) xxx

#456 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 June 2019 - 02:17 PM

Starting to lift a bit more now - hurrah! About bloody time too. No special K involved either - this is genuine brain repair going on here!

It is said that Lexapro takes around 42 days to get completely out the system, although remnants can remain in fat stores and other organs to later find their way into the blood stream, but if that is correct, then this week 6 would have been that point. But damn has it tested my reserve. 

Thank you so much for all the healing vibes, jelly bean xx

#457 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2019 - 02:56 PM

Bless you, jammy dodger. Relieved to hear you sounding a wee bit perkier. Going to light me candle and incense in a wee while and will say special prayers for everyone, but especially for LDN’s new treatment starting so soon. Love, blessings and healing prayers to all xxx :) xxx

#458 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 June 2019 - 03:04 PM

Absolutely - exciting and nervous times there. I feel guilty about being so interested - but we have never known anyone go through this procedure before! A brave soul going onto the front line :)

#459 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2019 - 03:07 PM

I know! It’s uncharted territory and am praying so hard it’s going to help and heal so much xxx :) xxx

#460 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2019 - 04:09 PM

Am feeling really chilled on the CBD capsules that arrived today. Took 10mg at teatime and can definitely feel it relaxing me though bit of a persistent headache going on despite ibuprofen. Still, am hopeful this will help me taper off the last 10mgs of the Duloxetine. Yay! Hope everyone’s a wee bit better. As Hat said earlier, so many are in terrible turmoil and pain and having it tough. Hang on in there dear souls. Lighting my candle and incense now for us all, with prayers. Much love and blessings xxx :) xxx
  • LDN likes this

#461 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 07 June 2019 - 04:26 PM

Hurrah it arrived today! So you took 10mg... what concentration did you get in the end? 

I am with you on the persistent headaches - last two days - been a zombie all week! We really all need to take a vacation to your back garden and just chill out with the birdies!

Hope you are well buttercup

PM on its way soon!

#462 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2019 - 05:18 PM

I hurtled out into the world of Tesco and bought a load of lovely fruit and salad just as the rain starts and the temperature plummets! Typical! The birdies will be cold and wet for some time to come, wee souls.

I don’t know, butterscotch. I bought 60 x 10mg entourage capsules from Love CBD and can’t see any percentages listed. Did see them on other sites though. My headache feels like it’s coming from the CBD. Hope it’s not a permanent thing as I feel nicely chilled and my arthritis isn’t so bad. Can definitely feel it calming me, especially on a lurch day and I really had to fight to push myself out the door. It was only the fact I was almost out of bread for the birds that I could do it. Hope you’re headache’s gone by now and so glad you’re feeling happier!

Everyone’s invited to my garden though don’t know when the sun’ll show up again! :)

#463 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 June 2019 - 10:58 AM

Well done for getting yourself round Tesco! I am sure the birdies will be very grateful when the weather brightens up.

It has been weeing it down here up until about an hour ago and now it very beautiful, but I am giving myself some time out for heal neurological overload. I am telling myself that I am allowed to have a whole day off. 

#464 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2019 - 12:00 PM

Thank goodness! Have just messaged you urging you to do this :) Take the entire weekend off, curly wurly. You deserve it!

Much love and blessings xxx :) xxx

#465 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 June 2019 - 12:01 PM

Still here, resting my broken head :) xx

#466 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2019 - 12:06 PM

But are you resting it properly, gob stopper? You’re meant to be de-stressing, remember? Go and chill. Everyone here understands. Let everything fall away, sweet soul. Stop and rest.

‘Be still and know that I am God.’ xxx :) xxx

#467 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 June 2019 - 12:36 PM

"You’re meant to be de-stressing, remember? Go and chill. Everyone here understands. Let everything fall away, sweet soul. Stop and rest."

Absolutely

#468 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 June 2019 - 02:06 PM

I was doing fine for a couple of hours and then the wife wanted to go for a walk - and I wanted to support this development of her agoraphobia - but right then I got a wave of anxiety, started focusing on my bad head and here we are. 35 minute walk later and just as bad. 

No idea what happened there.

#469 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2019 - 02:15 PM

Well, you chose to support your wife which is a wonderful thing to do but did you tell her you were feeling seriously anxious? Would she have wanted to go walking knowing you were feeling so awful? You know, peppercorn, you don’t have to be strong all the time. Sometimes the strongest thing is to say ‘actually, sweetheart, I’m really not feeling up to it. How about tomorrow, maybe?’. Not only would this help you directly and immediately, but you’d be giving your wife the opportunity to use her own strength - flex her own inner strength muscles - and step into sharing the role of the caring and supporting one. Sending you so much love and blessings, pumpkin xxx :) xxx

#470 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 June 2019 - 02:41 PM

You are right - absolutely right. And if I had not felt the kick of anxiety, I probably would have said just that, but because I did feel the anxiety, I am compelled to challenge it. Otherwise I will think I have failed.

Because of this damn head pain, it is like someone is resetting my anxiety tolerance every day. I usually get better towards the evening as I will have done some work, but as I have not been out before the walk, the anxiety crept up on me. 

I am so sick of this head pain and dizziness. It is ruining my progress. I just want to cry :(

#471 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2019 - 02:57 PM

It might be helpful if you could acknowledge the anxiety and not engage enough with it to challenge it. If you MUST think in terms of success and failure, try and see that acknowledging your true experience and allowing it to be and naturally dissipate, is success. I do feel your pain and dejection, sweet soul, I really do. Please just cry and let it all out. It’s the thing you’re meant to do right now for your well being. Cry these ‘successful’ tears, cola cube. Sending you love and blessings xxx :) xxx

#472 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 08 June 2019 - 03:30 PM

My dear Scrat,

Prayers for you and your candle is lit. I love you!

NM, I love your posts, thank you. I love you

#473 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2019 - 03:37 PM

Bless you, Gail. My candle and incense are lit now too. Prayers and blessings for all, but tonight they’re focusing mostly on IUN. You are such a wonderful human being and so very much loved xxx :) xxx

#474 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 June 2019 - 04:25 PM

IUN - "but because I did feel the anxiety, I am compelled to challenge it. Otherwise I will think I have failed."

Not good

NM - "It might be helpful if you could acknowledge the anxiety and not engage enough with it to challenge it. If you MUST think in terms of success and failure, try and see that acknowledging your true experience and allowing it to be and naturally dissipate, is success."

Definitely a smart person.

The anxiety (and even the depression) is just a chemical reaction in the brain and you can't challenge a chemical reactions. You can only adapt to it until it is over. You just have to ride it out by going with the flow. Just relax, stay quiet, little stress and ride the horse until it gets tired and hives up.
  • LDN likes this

#475 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 08 June 2019 - 04:40 PM

Fishinghat, out of likes, beautiful post! Thank you!

#476 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 June 2019 - 05:09 PM

Thank you everyone... and ditto Gail - ran out of likes for your post Hat.

This is why I need the therapy that was promised to me months ago. The new p-doc even said that my issue is my thoughts.. based on how much I have been through with the med changes.

Hat said in a reply to me a little while ago that he doesn't think the answer to my issues lies with the pills.

He is right. You are all right. If it wasn't for the withdrawals, I would loose the Citalopram right now. But in the meantime, I am going to keep the above advice as a mantra. 

God Bless you all.

#477 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2019 - 05:21 PM

I’m out of likes too, everyone, but just want to say that I’m deeply touched by all the love and support here for you, dear Matt. You’re so kind and courageous. Maybe it’s time to get Boudicca Mum to get that therapist appointment, but that’s for another time. Right now you need to rest, knowing you’re seen and loved, last rolo xxx :) xxx

#478 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 June 2019 - 06:30 PM

Thank NM.

Boudicca Mum has either phoned or gone in person to the Mental Health place every other day for the last 4 weeks. 

The other day I was at their house when she was on the phone with them. She was again told that someone would call back - which they never do. She hung up and just went sparco at the phone, the cat, the kettle - anything that was nearby. I said to her "now imagine having done that for the last 9 months - then you will know why I am so stressed".

#479 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2019 - 05:34 AM

I know, toffee cup. Just try and hang on in there. Sending you love and prayers for a peaceful Sunday xxx :) xxx

#480 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2019 - 05:33 AM

At last! After days and days of rain and grey skies, there’s sun!!! The birds are chirping and I’m going to tackle mowing the garden in easy stages. Today’s my ninth day without a Valium. Since starting the CBD oil, there hasn’t been the need. I’m not deliberately trying to stop; it’s just happening by itself.

Hope everyone’s doing ok and coping with Life. Much love and blessings, sweet souls xxx :) xxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users