130 replies to this topic

#31 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 12:13 PM

Thanks IUN. I have taken Lansoprazole and an antihistamine today so will it still be OK to take Ashwaganda?

Keeping my fingers crossed for the Valerian🤞

#32 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 October 2019 - 12:32 PM

You should be fine - only one report from FDA regarding interaction of Lansoprazole with ashwagandha which involved the loss of body hair!! Nor hair on scalp, in the other,er areas. But that was 1 report which makes it very insignificant. But you may welcome a lack of body hair, who knows! :D

#33 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 12:39 PM

Ha ha, that did make me laugh!😅. Definitely don't ha a problem with body hair! Does the antihistamine have any interaction with Ashwaganda?

Thanks!

#34 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 October 2019 - 12:51 PM

No - no problem with antihistamines - only causes for concern are diabetic meds, hypertension meds, auto immune supplements, thyroid hormone and sedatives/benzos because of the potential of increased drowsiness. All of these are minimal or moderate interactions - very difficult to go wrong with ashwagandha.

Good news with the PPI interaction. At least we can forget about the risk of matted body hair with the massage oil... LOL :D :D

#35 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 October 2019 - 12:53 PM

additional.. feeling quite a bit more floppy now on the valarian. Am quite calm - just a shame it doesn't work for depression in the same way. But there is definately something there... and we are 90 minutes in...

#36 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 01:23 PM

Ugh, matted body hair🤮I think I'll come to this site for my daily dose of laughter from you! I'm glad the Valerian is managing to calm you down

Thanks so much for the info on interactions. My stomach hasn't been so bad today so hopefully the split dosing will work and the lack of CBD oil (if it was that). This is such a guessing game isn't it🙄

#37 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 02:17 PM

IUN - just to say there is a big article in The Mail on Sunday saying how hard it is to come off antidepressants. Hopefully, the doctors will now sit up and listen!! It doesn't mention Duloxetine. The one case study they use is Mirtazapine.

It's definitely worth a read.

#38 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 October 2019 - 02:44 PM

Wow - good find. 1 million people on AD's for over 3 years in the UK alone... Can't say that surprises me. So 1 in 60 people have got a nightmare ahead of them. Says it all. When does this become defined as an epidemic. I will post this in the news section in a mo...

The rest is very much a guessing game and is never easy. This is why I often wonder what training these doctors go through. It is shocking what they do not know. They all go on bribes or experience - and as the experience is 100% subjective, this is a null hypothesis for dishing out drugs. The last doctor I saw wanted to confiscate my valium because I was suicidal. It was a 28 pack of 2.5mg. I asked why he would bother and he said I could die from overdose. Really? 70mg? I told him that 50mg is considered a (very high) but safe dose. What a knob...

#39 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 October 2019 - 03:01 PM

Link to post - 

https://www.cymbalta...national-press/

#40 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 03:07 PM

I know, it is shocking! I was prescribed antidepressants for menopausal anxiety when they discontinued my HRT. They have tried me on 4 different ones, plus Diazepam since March and none of them have worked! The last doctor I saw admitted that they have been throwing ADs at me as they didn't know what to do. Bloody unbelievable!! I wish I had never taken them but I was desperate at the time and trusted them, but never again!! They got me into this mess. One doctor even wrote me a prescription for 56 2.5mg Diazepam! Most of them are in still in the cupboard as I have been too scared to take them!

The herbal route and the advice of this site for me from now on so thank you!

#41 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 October 2019 - 03:23 PM

Absolutely. Herbal is far safer. I don't care what people say about my Kratom, but it has been a lifesaver for me. I proved that one cannot get addicted when I stopped cold turkey for a week after dosing for 10 months. Had a couple of days of headaches and flu-type symptoms and then nothing - all gone! Just shows you the difference. And I am severely sensitive...!

2.5mg of Diazepam is a very small dose, and at worst would knock you out for a snooze. I have 10mg doses on standby for seizures as I can't keep calling out the paramedics to hold me down. The wife doesn't have a chance as I am 6'4".. LOL. I also worry to hurt her as well as myself. But when I feel one coming on, a 10mg dose has fixed it. They only have a shelf life of 2 years tops, to if they are close to that, you may as well bin them.

#42 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 03:35 PM

Your seizures sound awful, I'm so sorry you are suffering from them. Did the Duloxetine cause them?

#43 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 October 2019 - 03:51 PM

People have very little idea of what they are like. People think that because I am not epileptic that it is nothing to worry about. These people need to see what happens to us sufferers. The paramedics are great and always understand.

And yes, this is a result of coming off Duloxetine too fast.

See what a typical seizure looks like (I have linked the video to a minute of footage which best resembles a typical seizure for me);

https://youtu.be/D0yy3jA8W1o?t=102

#44 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 04:27 PM

Oh you poor thing, I'm so sorry this drug caused that for you! How quickly did you come off, if you don't mind me asking? Will they go in time?

This drug really should be banned! (Stating the obvious I know, but it makes me so angry!!)

You and Fishinghat (in particular) do a wonderful job on this forum helping so many people, so thanks so much again!

#45 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 October 2019 - 04:53 PM

Thank you for the kind words. Both Hat and I share the same ethos that we do not want people to suffer more than they have to. Hat has seen more than myself in his "line of duty", and was my own inspiration to share my knowledge and learn from others here on the forum.

I was dosing for 10 weeks on Duloxetine and took 10 weeks to come off. But noting the seizures, I wanted to reinstate, but the Mental Health team refused to give me my beads back. They told me that reinstating would make them worse. I gave them literature from the manufacturer which clearly states that in the event of seizures that a patient is to go back to their last stable dose, but they thought otherwise. I will never forgive them for this.

Whether it goes or not I cannot say. Hopefully in time. Generally, PNES seizures become hard-wired and need therapy to control them. They are much less frequent now than they were. I also have full-body spasms which is really embarassing, especially when I am with a client. I quite literally jump out of my seat when they occur, and clients look really scared and I have to explain. They are split second things just like an electric shock, but it should never have happened. 

I had one spasm happened when I was cuddling my cat... scared the shit out of the poor chap... mmeeeerrroowwww!! 

#46 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 03:26 AM

God it sounds awful. I hope your doctor feels bloody guilty and has admitted that he/she is responsible for your seizures!😡.

Quick update re. split dosing. I feel OK in myself but I have got the excruciating pain behind my breastbone, through to my back and am burping a lot🤮. Is this to be expected as I have split the dose? God I hope it goes as it is agony sat at work🙄😖

#47 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 14 October 2019 - 07:10 AM

Is today the first day splitting the dose? Remember you will need at good 3 clear days for the levels to balance out before you see difference. But this is sounding ever more of a problem... you poor thing. Mondays are always difficult!

edit - just seen that it was yesterday that you split, so ideally we need to see what happens by wednesday mornings dose. If there is still no improvement, we need to have a re-think...

#48 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 07:24 AM

Thanks IUN. Yes this is the 2nd day. I am sat in the canteen at work on my lunchbreak with a hot water between my shoulder blades as the pain is so bad😫. The only problem is I keep having random sweats and shaking. The shortness of breath is worse again today😢.

Just when I thought there was a solution to my stomach and pain worse, it's all started again. I haven't taken Ashwaganda yet today - do you think it would help?

Thanks so much. Really hope it settles soon🤞

#49 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 October 2019 - 07:52 AM

The split dose will not het rid of the digestive issues. It should just level the pain. In other words you will have less horrible spikes in pain but some consistent pain all the time. It is an effort to bring it to a point where it is bearable.

IUN is right about it taking 2 or 3 days to stabilize.

The Ash... should help some if it calms you.

#50 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 08:03 AM

Thanks FH. So is the stomach pain going to stay with me the whole time I am weaning off?

Have just taken the Ashwaganda, so hopefully that will help to calm me down.

#51 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 October 2019 - 08:08 AM

No Polly. It usually lasts about a month or so before fading away.  It will take some time but your ppi should help reduce its severity over a 2 or 3 week period. At least that was the case when I had this issue.

#52 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 08:14 AM

Thanks FH. I have had it nearly 3 weeks now, so hopefully the end is in sight.

I'll stay at 15 in the morning and 14 at night until Wednesday and then update you.

#53 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 14 October 2019 - 08:18 AM

I certainly hope so too. I remember the stomach issues with my lexapro thinking it would never go away just like you.

Really is one for testing patience. Again, well done for sticking out at work - that is huge bravery on your part. So many people end up taking days and weeks off work during these times.

#54 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 09:15 AM

Thanks FH. It's so hard but I'm toughing it out. Sadly, taking more sick leave is not an option as I have already had 3 months off this year.

#55 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 12:22 PM

Hi. Sorry me again. I've been reading through a lot of withdrawal posts and can see that a lot of people suffered with the bad pain between the shoulder blades after they stopped completely.

What worries me is that I am still on 29 beads and the pain is excruciating. Is this likely to continue all the way through weaning off as well as I don't know if I can stand it? Or is it worse again because I've split my dose so should settle down? The strongest pain killer I can take is paracetamol as anything stronger makes me fill ill. Thankfully I don't have brain zaps.

Sorry to keep asking, it's just that I am worried this is going to continue. Thanks again.

#56 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 October 2019 - 01:15 PM

I agree with your assessment of what the posts reflect but it has been my experience that it can happen before completely off the Cymbalta. Mine started just before my last dose. It varies so much from person to person. The longest I remember bad stomach problems for anyone is 2 months but God knows anything is possible with Cymbalta.

Did the Ashwaganda help any?

#57 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 01:23 PM

Thanks FH. The Ashwaganda helped me to feel a bit calmer. I came home and had a hot bath, took some paracetamol and used some deep freeze spray. The pain subsided for a bit but has come back full force since eating.

Have just taken another Ashwaganda and am using a hot water bottle for the pain. I'm hoping it improves tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

#58 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 October 2019 - 02:24 PM

There are some things you can do to help the stomach issues. Eat smaller amounts but more often. Take Gas-x (simethicone)30 minutes before BEFORE eating and, most important, NEVER drink anything cold or hot when you have a severely upset stomach like this. You already know about the heating pad on the stomach.

#59 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 02:31 PM

Thanks FH. My stomach is OK now. It's the pains in my back, shoulders and arms which are the worst now. I take my 14 bead tablet at 9.15 PM so I think my body is waiting for that as I have only had 15 beads today. Is that how it works?

#60 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 14 October 2019 - 02:54 PM

Your body will be waiting for the other beads yes, and as you have decreased the peak level, there will be some settling in time.

I really feel for you with this pain in the shoulders Polly. Wish there was something I could do for you. Withdrawal does the nastiest things to people. 

My system is all screwed up with pain killers in that I am highly allergic to most, but I can take codiene, but this does nothing. The only pain killer I can have that actually works in my Kratom. People use it for pain when nothing else works. It would be fine short term and there is no withdrawal, but if you previously have addiction issues then I would not recommend... and I am not asking!!

Have you tried co-codamol? This is probably the most powerful pain killer on the market available without prescription.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users