Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

Hi Ladies, I'm here. thanks... you brought a smile to my face.

I am struggling. and well I want to open up in this forum.. I am fearful because it's public. You have to understand that part of my challenges is fear of being rejected which stems from my relationship with my dad where everything I said, I was told I was wrong, so I grew up not expressing my inner feelings. But I had opened up a lot and hubby and I had gotten to a really good place. But lately his focus has been elsewhere and when I ask to do things he gets bent out of shape. He told me I have become demanding. And that sentence totally shut me down. My walls are up and emotions buried, I am in self protect mode and I'm not sure if/when I'll be able to emerge. hubby just thinks it's the withdrawal effects. I am a little confused, I don't know if it is just the withdrawal effects or if I have a legit reason to be upset. I have an appt with my therapist today... so hopefully can talk things through with her.

I have had a brutal headache for several days now. Eye strain, pressure around the eyes and temples.

Awww sweetie :( If you ever need to talk more privately I'm sure you can email me or Jnine so please know that. I know this can be hard to be so open when it's public like this. I hope therapy helped and that you start feeling better. Please know we are always here for you! And really you don't want me putting on that outfit LMAO! HUGS

#92 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

ah, sister.....i was saddened to hear of what you're going through....i hope the hubby will get his stuff together and man up.....hope your therapy session was positive and empowering.....i'm new to this rodeo, but i'm here to support you.....

peace 'n love

Welcome to our little "mad house" ;) I hope we can help and support you in any way you need.

#93 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

Well I did it! Two days with no Rugby so I must have finally adjusted whoohoo. Of course now I'm in PMS mode... go figure, so I'm just fatigued and a little grouchy. But looks like my scale will be here in a couple of days so I can start tapering some more. I just hope it goes well. Ive heard this is where it gets really hard. Well I'm off to watch Once Upon a Time and hopefully fall to sleep and sleep good (see not everything I watch is horror lol). I hope you both get some much needed rest and I really hope you both feel better tomorrow.

~HUGS~

#94 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

Evening I had a real busy day at work which just drained me. It seems that I have just enought energy to get through work then come home and turn into a pile of goo. Ache all over and the headache is back but at least I have made it through the day. As they say one day at a time!!!

Bunny are you okay???? Because I will come down there yelling like Rocky yelling for Adrian......lol.

Muddyheaded welcome. We are sistra's going through this together but Warning, Warning Warning Will Rogers we do have a twisted sense of humour here.

Truckprincess how are you doing?? Hoping the good feeling lasted!!!

#95 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

Evening I had a real busy day at work which just drained me. It seems that I have just enought energy to get through work then come home and turn into a pile of goo. Ache all over and the headache is back but at least I have made it through the day. As they say one day at a time!!!

Bunny are you okay???? Because I will come down there yelling like Rocky yelling for Adrian......lol.

Muddyheaded welcome. We are sistra's going through this together but Warning, Warning Warning Will Rogers we do have a twisted sense of humour here.

Truckprincess how are you doing?? Hoping the good feeling lasted!!!

GIRL I so love you! LMAO I love that despite it all you are still able to pull out some humor and it's so what we all need going through this. I was over here busting up about your comment yelling Adrian! UGH I'm sorry it's a hard time for you getting through work. But if you have to be goo when you get home like you said at least you made it through the day. And hey you didn't kill anyone so that's always a bonus ;) At least it's what I tell myself. And then think back to my daughters comment and lol about someone walking into a door. It's still priceless to me LMAO. We are a twisted little gang aren't we? I would so love to meet some day. Imagine the chaos we could start! :) Yes, thank you the good feeling lasted. I was hoping to be sleeping by now but oh well. Another day closer to being free I keep saying. Much love girls. Keep on keeping on. We can pull through this together.

#96 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

Morning Ladies - hoping you all had a good night's rest. I didnt which sucks, I got about 5hrs sleep yet feeling okay for now. Question for you all. Is it justified homicide to kill your guy for keeping you up all night by grinding his teeth so loud I thought pieces of his teeth were going to fly across the room???? I couldnt take it any longer and came out to the couch around midknight and then the alarm went off just before 5am....URGH!!

Well I am off to the office for another scheduled busy day.

Bunny, alittle worried about you and please feel free to email me. Honey I know this is a public site but who the hell cares we need to do what we need to do for us. Woman, in my life I have been to hell in back and have enogh baggage to fill a streamer trunk so dont be shy. No one is here to judge you or make you feel less then or unimportant - ok???

I hope to hear back from BOTH of you but in the mean time ....I owe, I owe so off to work I go. ;)

#97 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:10 AM

Hi ladies,

I landed in this thread because of its title and then I realised that it's you who is writing, Truckprincess :)
I'll take time to read every post properly. I guess, that that will answer most of my questions.
I'll quickly put in my answer in here, so you don't have to read two threads at the same time.

#98 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:13 AM

Hi Truckprincess,

thank you so much for your answer!
No, I'm taking the Prozac only to help with the withdrawal. I heard that it's easier to taper off of it than from Cymbalta - but if it isn't I'll rather stop taking it! ...or take less?
I'm worried about my emotional reactions to the smallest reduction. I mean, I got sadness and crying spells by only going down 1mg! Somehow it was easy to get down from 60 to 50mg but from then on I have been fighting really.

I don't get physical reactions like brain zaps etc, luckily. Only really heavy fatigue. I can't say that I wish I had physical reactions instead of emotional ones because those brain zaps would scare the hell out of me too. But I find the sadness and crying spells very hard to deal with because they affect my social life a lot! What kind of withdrawals did you go through so far? And which are the ones you took the Rugby motion sickness ones for?

I'm taking supplements, too: flor-essence tea (detoxification), Omega 3, vitamine D, vitamine B complex and something that might be a joke, I don't know: Have you heard about The Road Back Programme? It might be just using the desperation of people who feel very silly afterwards but I thought screw it and ordered the stuff. They advise to take a supplement that kind of calms the reactions that take place in your body as soon as you take an anti-depressant, and when you go into withdrawal. It has to do with the JNK gene. (If you know whether that company is a joke, let me know!) What are ALA supplements? I really need something to help me with that fatigue, because work gets really hard when you're constantly extremely tired.

Suggesting 3 weeks of taper is crazy! How are you dealing with your doc now? Somehow every single doc I have talked to looked at me as if I was exaggerating when I told them about the withdrawals. They also had their sensibilities when I dared reading about Cymbalta and telling them about it. Same for comparing my withdrawals with the ones of other people on the internet. They talked to me as if I was a hysterical woman who enjoys filtering out the scariest things and then suffers from exactly those things because of self fulfilling prophecy.

You said that it took you 8 weeks to get where you are now. Do you mean that it took you 8 weeks to get rid of the withdrawals after changing from 60mg to 30mg? How did you manage to work? Did you tell your boss about it? Or did you call in sick often?

What is your plan for tapering down from 30mg? Having had problems with reducing by only 1mg I am scared to think what would happen if I dared going down by 10mg! On the other hand I was able to go down 3mg with the help of Prozac, so maybe it's possible after all to take bigger steps. I would want to!

Take good care of yourself, too, and let me know how you get on with your taper down from 30mg. I'd really like to know. Maybe you're lucky and it's not harder than it has been so far after all.

#99 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

Morning girls,

I'm so over this not sleeping for crap deal. I sleep for an hour then I wake up. It's like that all night long. Can't tell if it's from the PMS as I sometimes I go through that with it and fatigue or if it's the damn drug. Jnine I do believe it's considered justified. Ive thought about smothering mine with a pillow ( I call it pillow therapy ) because he snores so freaking loud you can hear it downstairs! Or I joke about him "accidentally" falling into the wood burner and disappearing LMAO. Oh I'm awful ;) Any way Jnine, I hope your day flies by and one of these nights you are going to just crash to sleep and sleep good!

I agree Bunny needs to just dump it all out. Not like anyone really knows who we are any how and we all have baggage, some of us more like a storage unit but hey we are here for you girl. You just got to take care of you while going through this and screw everyone else. None of us have the "perfect" man. When I had withdrawals and was crying at the drop of a hat he just looked at me like I was nuts. I think he just knows right now not to mess with me. I'm sure I will have things to bitch about as I go further into tapering. But I know he loves me and tries his best and I just need to remember that. Men just aren't the comforting type and I don't think they know what to do honestly.

Welcome Tinajuli, I was going to reply on your post but I see you put it here too :) I can't say one way or the other on the prozac honestly. From what I have read ppl just used 10mg while tapering off the cymbalta and then when they finished cymbalta they took a month to taper from the prozac. I just wanted to warn you that there are forums just like this for the prozac and it can be hard. I looked into it before deciding if I was going to ask my doctor about it. I'm glad I decided not to do it. I didn't want to deal with trying to get off another one or screw up my system any more than it will be. Each person is different so just do what works for you. But if you feel it isn't helping then maybe I would stop the prozac.

The Road Back recovery program I did look into. Thought it was awfully expensive for some supplements and someone complained that they keep charging you for the stuff so just be careful. I don't think they are a scam? But I don't know for sure. It seems it helped some people and Ive read a few people really recommend the book. I had looked into it at one point and from there went on my own in search of other supplements which is how I found the ALA (alpha lipoic acid) it's actually found in a lot of foods we eat, it's an antioxidant and it's made naturally in our bodies. It helps to get rid of free radicals in the body and gives cellular support which is good for the brain and nervous system especially when going off an antidepressant. Ive also added in L-tyrosine but I dump most of the capsule out until there is hardly any in it. Have to be careful as too much too soon can cause some side effects so I planned to up it as I taper down the cymbalta. I was just so extremely fatigued and wanted to find something that would help boost my energy and I think the ALA really helped with that. The Rugby I took because of the nausea was so bad and just discovered it really got rid of most of the withdrawals and I didn't get the crying spells like you and others have. At least not yet. I was having horrid headaches, brain zaps, the shakes, dizziness, head swooshing, felt like I was really deep in a fog. I can't remember what all else. I keep a daily log on here to keep track and have been thinking I should go back and piece it all together and put it in word. Fortunately and unfortunately I am not working right now and have no classes as I'm on the wait list for my last class so that's why I chose now to do this because I knew it would get hard. I had some really hard struggles trying to remove beads from the 60mg. Even told my husband once I can't do this but I stuck with it and it was all trial and error. I made a list on here on what I have tried to get where I am at 30mg now but I think it was week 6 (can't remember for sure) where I finally said screw it and just stuck with 30mg. Kept taking the Rugby up until this past Sunday to see if I was finally adjusted to the 30mg before I start tapering again. I ordered a scale and it should be here in a day or two. Was thinking I would go down by 5mg either weekly or every two weeks depending on how I feel. As bad as I want off this stuff I don't want to push it too fast and from the sounds of it I have managed to go faster then some and slower than others. I just know for me if not for the Rugby I wouldn't be where I am. And Ive had to play around and really just figure out what worked for me and did a ton of research. I wish I could help everyone get through this but I know we are all different and what works for one may not work for another.

And not saying I'm 100% as I still battle aches, muscle cramps, trouble sleeping, some days I'm just extremely tired no matter what. But I definitely feel better each day and it's so nice to have my head feel more clear and feel little bits of the real me coming out more and more. I was on the 60mg for at least 7yrs if not 8 can't remember for sure. I also suffer from RSD so it's hard for me to be sure what is my disease and what is from the cymbalta wds. Some symptoms I don't think about being related until someone else mentions it then I go hey I had that too!

As long as I can help just one person get through this journey I will be happy. I want to help others and support in any way I can. None of this is easy whether you are alone or have someone. People outside really don't understand.

HUGS girls. I will check in later. Probably after I go vote. Hopefully I won't rip off any heads while I'm there LOL

#100 Bunny515

Bunny515

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

Hi Everyone;

I went to bed around 8pm last night and slept all the way through. I had taken 2 Gravol which knocks me out nicely :)

My therapist commented that she heard a lot of people who are starting up on Wellbutrin start getting headaches. The other symptom that I am really not liking is that if I eat anything substantial I get really nauseas. hence the taking 2 Gravol last night. After I ate dinner I was feeling terrible.

I have been wanting to lose weight and now I am so perhaps I should be grateful.. haha

It is really confusing now as I don't know whether my symptoms are side effects from Cymbalta withdrawal or Wellbutrin startup. I have been thinking of going to my Dr to talk about ECT (electro convulsion Therapy) Yes... as they used to call it shock therapy. I have been reading up on it and it's not like the old days... they supposedly have come a long way in this treatment. But what I'm liking is that there is generally no side effects. You might have a headache for a few hours right after treatment but nothing else. Only challenge is that it might not work. But it's supposed to be effective for people with depression.

I'll let you know how it goes :)

As of the other stuff... I'll work through it. Going to see the therapist again on Friday. It's not telling you guys that's scares me, it's the thought of someone from my social circle reading this and figuring it out it's me... that's what I couldn't live with. Silly I know. But anyway you guys are a big help. I really wish I had the sense of humour u guys have. I think that side of me has been missing for a long time. I have to figure out how to get back to being me. What's interesting Is when I first got really sick 1.5 years ago... it kind of felt nice to be "taken care of" in that for the first time my family was wanting to help me.. instead of the other way around. I guess I liked it so I wasn't in too much of a rush to get better.. But now I feel like my life is slipping away, I used to accomplish so much and I used to enjoy life. I've decided i need to find that person again.. it's time to get better!

Laters All!

#101 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

Hi girls :)

Truckprincess, how was the voting? ;)
You are such a dear. Thanks for welcoming me in your thread x
I'm so sorry that you find it hard to sleep. What used to help me was melatonine but somehow I also had the impression that it got me in a bad mood on the long run. Thank goodness you're not working at the moment. Having to get up when you didn't sleep is awful.

As for the Prozac, it does help me, and I'm taking 'only' 15mg daily. Considering that I was a crying mess on Sunday and that I'm only a bit shaky, cold and very fatigued today, I am really happy! I will try to get the ALA somewhere. Germany is definitely a bit behind the moon as to free medication and depression/burnout etc.
Reading what you're saying about Prozac I am a bit scared, though, and feeling bearably good today I'm thinking about jumping quickly down from 40mg to 30mg in one big hop. Or maybe I should start taking only 10mg of the Prozac from now on? I have called in sick for this week in order to give me the chance to get into the taper with Prozac.

Girls, I'm so glad that I have you. I actually feel like a human guinea pig juggeling with chemicals.

Bunny, don't think that your life is slipping away. When I read what you wrote it struck me that you're writing about your worries with the same words I use. We WILL become our happier selves again, we will be active and accomplish things. Don't torture yourself by blaming yourself. The torture we're going through is enough. And screw those who read this and think silly things. They know nothing about what you're going through. You've got every right to raise your head and be proud of yourself because you're fighting.

#102 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

As for the stiffness of the muscles and the cramps, I have found out that it is good to exercise for half an hour every day, if time allows, of course, and to keep very warm.
Warmth seems to be very important anyway. If you believe it or not - I take a hot water bottle to bed every single night, and I wear thick socks in the house. And I have taken to drink only warm drinks (camomille tea, Flor Essence with hot water).

Somehow the Flor Essence makes me feel good. Maybe it's only that I drink more which is good for the liver, but maybe it's also the detoxification?

#103 Bunny515

Bunny515

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

Hi girls :)

Truckprincess, how was the voting? ;)
You are such a dear. Thanks for welcoming me in your thread x
I'm so sorry that you find it hard to sleep. What used to help me was melatonine but somehow I also had the impression that it got me in a bad mood on the long run. Thank goodness you're not working at the moment. Having to get up when you didn't sleep is awful.

As for the Prozac, it does help me, and I'm taking 'only' 15mg daily. Considering that I was a crying mess on Sunday and that I'm only a bit shaky, cold and very fatigued today, I am really happy! I will try to get the ALA somewhere. Germany is definitely a bit behind the moon as to free medication and depression/burnout etc.
Reading what you're saying about Prozac I am a bit scared, though, and feeling bearably good today I'm thinking about jumping quickly down from 40mg to 30mg in one big hop. Or maybe I should start taking only 10mg of the Prozac from now on? I have called in sick for this week in order to give me the chance to get into the taper with Prozac.

Girls, I'm so glad that I have you. I actually feel like a human guinea pig juggeling with chemicals.

Bunny, don't think that your life is slipping away. When I read what you wrote it struck me that you're writing about your worries with the same words I use. We WILL become our happier selves again, we will be active and accomplish things. Don't torture yourself by blaming yourself. The torture we're going through is enough. And screw those who read this and think silly things. They know nothing about what you're going through. You've got every right to raise your head and be proud of yourself because you're fighting.

Thanks Tinajuli and welcome to the group. You gals are a lifesaver! So I told hubby that I'm angry and his words made me go into self protect mode. He's trying to be all nice and caring and I"m shutting him out. If feels so stupid.... I don't mean to be childish but right now I need to focus on me and can't help but feel that he's just doing this because he doesn't like it when I'm mad at him. Going to be an interesting evening tonight once he gets home from work. I'm thinking of moving into the spare bedroom.. I just can't deal with him right now.

#104 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

Hi Everyone;

I went to bed around 8pm last night and slept all the way through. I had taken 2 Gravol which knocks me out nicely :)

My therapist commented that she heard a lot of people who are starting up on Wellbutrin start getting headaches. The other symptom that I am really not liking is that if I eat anything substantial I get really nauseas. hence the taking 2 Gravol last night. After I ate dinner I was feeling terrible.

I have been wanting to lose weight and now I am so perhaps I should be grateful.. haha

It is really confusing now as I don't know whether my symptoms are side effects from Cymbalta withdrawal or Wellbutrin startup. I have been thinking of going to my Dr to talk about ECT (electro convulsion Therapy) Yes... as they used to call it shock therapy. I have been reading up on it and it's not like the old days... they supposedly have come a long way in this treatment. But what I'm liking is that there is generally no side effects. You might have a headache for a few hours right after treatment but nothing else. Only challenge is that it might not work. But it's supposed to be effective for people with depression.

I'll let you know how it goes :)

As of the other stuff... I'll work through it. Going to see the therapist again on Friday. It's not telling you guys that's scares me, it's the thought of someone from my social circle reading this and figuring it out it's me... that's what I couldn't live with. Silly I know. But anyway you guys are a big help. I really wish I had the sense of humour u guys have. I think that side of me has been missing for a long time. I have to figure out how to get back to being me. What's interesting Is when I first got really sick 1.5 years ago... it kind of felt nice to be "taken care of" in that for the first time my family was wanting to help me.. instead of the other way around. I guess I liked it so I wasn't in too much of a rush to get better.. But now I feel like my life is slipping away, I used to accomplish so much and I used to enjoy life. I've decided i need to find that person again.. it's time to get better!

Laters All!

WHOOHOOO BUNNY BUNNY BUNNY girl!! I think you just don't want to see me in the 007 outfit ;) LMAO Hmmm ECT huh? Haven't read up on it so I have no clue what it's like any more but might be fun to shock someone else LOL. Well if you feel it is worth a shot I say go for it. You need to do what you need too for yourself. Ive desperately wanted Ketamine treatment where they put you in a coma for short time. I guess there has been much success in treating RSD. Now there is no cure for it but puts one in remission. But can't afford it. Any how they also say it treats severe depression as well. It resets the brain some how. It's one of those things insurance won't pay for though. But I can understand where you are coming from and it can't hurt to check it out. I never really had support or help from my family with this so count your blessings. Maybe you needed that time to be taken care of. Nothing wrong with that. However, I know what it's like to realize you've been in the fog for far too long and realize how much you truly missed out on. I am so glad you slept all night though. Makes a big difference I think. It will get better. One day at a time. You will figure out what you need for you. HUGS

#105 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

HAHAHAAA I'm pretty sure I said I was going to start exercising this week didn't I? Yeah well I SUCK! LOL I know it does help so much when I do it's just forcing myself to do it esp when tired and in pain. I can't take melatonin because I am on cymbalta, vicodin, valium and restoril so I have to be careful what I take for supplements and figure out the contradictions. As it is those four all can cause respiratory issues so I have to be sure I space them out at night. I wouldn't be very happy to go to sleep and never wake up :o

Tinajuli how long have you been tapering the cymbalta and adding the prozac? I'm sorry! I didn't mean to scare you about the prozac and you need to do what is best for you. If you feel it is working then stay on it. I just wanted you to be warned is all. I don't think 15mg is that big of a deal honestly and it's helped others as far as withdrawals since prozac stays in your system longer. How long have you been at 40mg on the cymbalta? Hate for you to push too fast so just listen to your body. If you feel you are ready then jump down to 30mg. Or since you are off this week you could try 30 and see how you feel and if you aren't ready yet go back to 40? Like I said I played around crazy with mine. Probably lucky I'm doing as good as I am with the way I played around with it. I do love this forum as it can be so helpful but sometimes it's scary too. Just reading others stories of the after effects makes me worry about when I am finished with the cymbalta. But I figure I'm half way there and it's half of what I used to take so at the very least if I can't get past this I'm still on less than what I was.

Oh voting was OK I was in and out in about ten minutes thankfully, thank you for asking :). Not that it matters our Country is screwed no matter what. Sad but true.

I got my scale today (could swear I ordered a different one) but any how this only does grams, ounces, troy ounces and penny weight. So I had to figure out from the weight to the mg of the caps I will need and all that fun stuff. I'm not good at math so I will show what I figured out in case one of you are.

I want to go to 25mg of the 30mg capsule. So I divided 25 by 30 to get 83.3% that I want. I then weighed the full 30mg caps which is .2 grams(=200mg). I then multiplied the 83.3 and 200 to get 167mg (rounding of course) which equals .167grams. I think the weight then would give me the 25mg caps. I hope it's right as I'm doing this tonight. Who knew the math skills would ever actually come into play LOL.

Gonna try for a nap before my girls get home. Oh forgot to mention yesterday my oldest forgot to change her clock back an hour so she woke me up at 5:30 for school. I was like GO BACK TO BED you still have an hour ya goof! LOL I of course couldn't get back to sleep.

I will check back later. <3 n HUGS girls.

#106 Bunny515

Bunny515

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

I want to go to 25mg of the 30mg capsule. So I divided 25 by 30 to get 83.3% that I want. I then weighed the full 30mg caps which is .2 grams(=200mg). I then multiplied the 83.3 and 200 to get 167mg (rounding of course) which equals .167grams. I think the weight then would give me the 25mg caps. I hope it's right as I'm doing this tonight. Who knew the math skills would ever actually come into play LOL.

Yikes all that math is hurting my head!!! :)

#107 Bunny515

Bunny515

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

So you girls are going to be proud of me! You have inspired me (and a good talk with my therapist) that it's time to take back my life!

So I spent the afternoon cleaning up the spare room... we had been doing some reno's so it became the dumping ground for all the supplies etc. I have been meaning to move the Bedroom TV into that room. So I am in the process of cleaning the room. I also moved the TV / cable box / DVD player there and got it all connected and working .. woo hoo. I'll probably be watching CNN in the background to see the results of the US elections.

I have to say life has a funny way of timing things. So weeks ago I was talking to my Dr (when he gave me the cymbalta withdrawal plan) and he was going to refer me to a Psychiatrist again. I have a therapist whom I see regularly but Psychiatrists are in high demand around here so you don't always have access to one. Anyway, I got a call today to book an appointment for Thursday. Emotionally this has been one of the toughest weeks for me, so to get the call this week is ironic.

Hubby just got home... he's trying to be all nice (don't think he knows what to say to me right now) So I told him I just need space. I'm going hide out in the spare room. I got my computer, iPod, TV and a futon.. what more do I need :) ok some food, so I will have to go down to the kitchen for that haha

Thanks again ladies for inspiring me! I'm feeling empowered and ready to kick ass. Watch out world! I'll keep you posted.

#108 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

Yikes all that math is hurting my head!!! :)

No kidding and after ALL of that figuring...my scale doesn't go small enough :angry: So I suppose I will be dividing the pellets into 6ths (figuring that's 5mg). I'm not counting those buggers.

#109 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

So you girls are going to be proud of me! You have inspired me (and a good talk with my therapist) that it's time to take back my life!

So I spent the afternoon cleaning up the spare room... we had been doing some reno's so it became the dumping ground for all the supplies etc. I have been meaning to move the Bedroom TV into that room. So I am in the process of cleaning the room. I also moved the TV / cable box / DVD player there and got it all connected and working .. woo hoo. I'll probably be watching CNN in the background to see the results of the US elections.

I have to say life has a funny way of timing things. So weeks ago I was talking to my Dr (when he gave me the cymbalta withdrawal plan) and he was going to refer me to a Psychiatrist again. I have a therapist whom I see regularly but Psychiatrists are in high demand around here so you don't always have access to one. Anyway, I got a call today to book an appointment for Thursday. Emotionally this has been one of the toughest weeks for me, so to get the call this week is ironic.

Hubby just got home... he's trying to be all nice (don't think he knows what to say to me right now) So I told him I just need space. I'm going hide out in the spare room. I got my computer, iPod, TV and a futon.. what more do I need :) ok some food, so I will have to go down to the kitchen for that haha

Thanks again ladies for inspiring me! I'm feeling empowered and ready to kick ass. Watch out world! I'll keep you posted.

AWESOME!!!! I'm so proud of you and so happy for you :) Bunny is gonna kick some ass I picture this tiny little bunny boxing for some reason lol. Keep it up girl!!!

#110 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

You all can just picture me sitting here dividing pellets.....looks like I'm cutting coke over here HAHA :blink:

#111 Bunny515

Bunny515

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

You all can just picture me sitting here dividing pellets.....looks like I'm cutting coke over here HAHA :blink:

All this talk about Bunnies and pellets... people might think we are crazy LMAO.

I think the wellbutrin is starting to kick in... cuz I"m starting to have these moments were I just want to laugh. Beats crying that's for sure!

#112 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

LMAO!!! I'm sure we sound like were are a real group for the "mad house" for sure! Yes much better to laugh and it's good for you :) I'm over here busting up thinking I can only imagine what ppl are thinking of us. A few pellets went flying LMAO I don't think I'd make a good drug dealer. Too bad, I hear that's where the bling bling is at! :lol: It does look like I was right on my original thought with the 30mg caps I have about 6 pellets = 1mg. So about 30 of those should be 5mg. We will see how I am tomorrow :unsure:

#113 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

LMAO!!! :D Are you already getting cross-eyed, Truckprincess?? Really, if people saw us, teary-eyedly counting beads, they'd give us up for mad. I always hold one part of the capsule in one hand and one in the other, and the beads are in a little bowl. Then I use one half of the capsule, preferably the darker one, like a spoon. I fish some 20 beads, count them and then pour them into the other half. That actually works quite well because the beads arrange themselves like honeycombs. I actually feel like a junkie, only that I don't sniff in a line of beads :)

Bunny, I am actually a bit sorry for your poor hubby if he's really trying to be nice and understanding. Just saying...maybe you could tell him that it's you and that moving into the spare room doesn't mean that you're going to leave him. You never know what goes on in a man's worried head, and once they get worried, they don't cry but they get stubborn and angry and start looking at other women to console themselves. :unsure: Just saying...

#114 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

Truckprincess, I have been tapering the Cymbalta since the end of August. I added the Prozac 2 wks ago ish. I took 10mg for a week without tapering the Cymbalta, then did the step from 43mg to 40mg last Thursday. Thursday good, Friday good, Saturday well, Sunday horrible, Monday horrible, Tuesday fine.
So...after one week it is quite early to go down with the Cymbalta, isn't it? Nevertheless, I prepared tomorrow's capsule with 37mg now and I decided to go down to 10mg Prozac. That way I still reduce the Cymbalta and I also take a smaller dose of the Prozac. I think the latter has kicked in now. I only hope that reducing both was not too much! Remember that my body n mind already went crazy with 1mg less :blink: :(
Good luck with the 5mg step, Truckp.!!

#115 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

Oh ladies thanks for the chuckles. Tonight I am sure I will dream about coke addicted bunny rabbits shitting pellets all over the place...lol. Another crazy day for me and I am exhausted. Truckp be careful counting the pellets I am getting mis readings on the scale but I think i am still at 30mg down from 60mg in just over two weeks. I believe that is a good progress. Ache all over once the day is done but at least the day is DONE. Has anyone else get really cold? I can go from sweating all day to freezing at night for 2hrs every night.

Bunny I am glad you are feeling bettter and empowered. Go easy on your guy just saying. I go thru this with my guy all the time. He feels bad knows that he has done wrong and tries to be sweet without ever actually admitting he was wrong but that I have decided is just a man's way. Us woman can admit our stuff but men are not so goood at it. They just want to fix things and when faced with things they can't fix they get confused as men easily do!!!

My guy has gone thru hell with me and hasnt been an angel during it but has tried as best as he can. Bunny you talk about your issues when you were a child and not being heard while the fight I had with my guy on Friday (his Bday no less) was about facebook very silly but it resulted with him deleted his account for a couple of days because of MY ISSUES. One day I will explain how my journey OF HELL happened. What I am trying to say is we are all human (even men) so do not be embrassed to share - you have my email. I have issues of not being heard, abandonment, being made a fool of etc. P have worked on these very hard but during this time I have found that they have arisen again.

I need to just empty my mind now and try to sleep and so help me if the old man starts grinding his teeth to the point of waking me I might just knock his teeth out. Issue resolved no teeth to grind.

Good night ladies till the morning I certainly hope ((hugs)) all around ;)

#116 Bunny515

Bunny515

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

LMAO!!! :D Are you already getting cross-eyed, Truckprincess?? Really, if people saw us, teary-eyedly counting beads, they'd give us up for mad. I always hold one part of the capsule in one hand and one in the other, and the beads are in a little bowl. Then I use one half of the capsule, preferably the darker one, like a spoon. I fish some 20 beads, count them and then pour them into the other half. That actually works quite well because the beads arrange themselves like honeycombs. I actually feel like a junkie, only that I don't sniff in a line of beads :)

Bunny, I am actually a bit sorry for your poor hubby if he's really trying to be nice and understanding. Just saying...maybe you could tell him that it's you and that moving into the spare room doesn't mean that you're going to leave him. You never know what goes on in a man's worried head, and once they get worried, they don't cry but they get stubborn and angry and start looking at other women to console themselves. :unsure: Just saying...

Thanks for the concern... I'm not "moving" per se just wanted some space. He knows we will talk soon. I just needed to get to a good space in my mind so that we can have a productive conversation. He's doing his normal Tuesday evening routine and we have been quite civil with each other. chatted about small stuff. So I am not ignoring him, just asked him to give me a couple of hours of space :)

Don't know how you girls can do this bead counting thing... Mind you Iv'e been learning Autocad (online course) which is mind-blowing in itself :) I have been taking interior decorating classes... I am hoping to get into that field some day.

#117 Bunny515

Bunny515

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

Oh ladies thanks for the chuckles. Tonight I am sure I will dream about coke addicted bunny rabbits shitting pellets all over the place...lol. Another crazy day for me and I am exhausted. Truckp be careful counting the pellets I am getting mis readings on the scale but I think i am still at 30mg down from 60mg in just over two weeks. I believe that is a good progress. Ache all over once the day is done but at least the day is DONE. Has anyone else get really cold? I can go from sweating all day to freezing at night for 2hrs every night.

Bunny I am glad you are feeling bettter and empowered. Go easy on your guy just saying. I go thru this with my guy all the time. He feels bad knows that he has done wrong and tries to be sweet without ever actually admitting he was wrong but that I have decided is just a man's way. Us woman can admit our stuff but men are not so goood at it. They just want to fix things and when faced with things they can't fix they get confused as men easily do!!!

My guy has gone thru hell with me and hasnt been an angel during it but has tried as best as he can. Bunny you talk about your issues when you were a child and not being heard while the fight I had with my guy on Friday (his Bday no less) was about facebook very silly but it resulted with him deleted his account for a couple of days because of MY ISSUES. One day I will explain how my journey OF HELL happened. What I am trying to say is we are all human (even men) so do not be embrassed to share - you have my email. I have issues of not being heard, abandonment, being made a fool of etc. P have worked on these very hard but during this time I have found that they have arisen again.

I need to just empty my mind now and try to sleep and so help me if the old man starts grinding his teeth to the point of waking me I might just knock his teeth out. Issue resolved no teeth to grind.

Good Night Jnine. Hope you have a restful sleep!

#118 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

Bunny- Autocad on line is pretty impressive. I work for an arch/engin consulting firm that has ian interior dept. Email me and I will tell you more but as my eyes are feeling it will have to wait for tomorrow. Oh and I am not saying that you shouldnt be doing what you are doing regarding you guy. I made my sleep on the couple for over 2 weeks once....lol

#119 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

Thanks for the concern... I'm not "moving" per se just wanted some space. He knows we will talk soon. I just needed to get to a good space in my mind so that we can have a productive conversation. He's doing his normal Tuesday evening routine and we have been quite civil with each other. chatted about small stuff. So I am not ignoring him, just asked him to give me a couple of hours of space :)

Don't know how you girls can do this bead counting thing... Mind you Iv'e been learning Autocad (online course) which is mind-blowing in itself :) I have been taking interior decorating classes... I am hoping to get into that field some day.

Wow bunny I am impressed with you doing Autocad. That is awesome. Well please remember me when you become an interior decorator. I could use some uplift around here for sure. Anyone want to come hang with me in MI for a few weeks? I need to get my mother in laws house cleaned out (which is right next door to me-she is in a home now). Any how can't seem to get his sisters to get out here and get what they want and I feel like partly it shouldn't be my responsibility as its not my mothers things but we do own the house and we need to get it rented out badly. It would make up for the income I'm not bringing in and it's only adding more bills to what we already can't afford.

Nothing wrong with you wanting some space, we all need it from time to time. Need to clear our minds and figure things out. Besides it's good for a man to have a little wake up call and realize what he has and what he needs to do to fix things from time to time. He will be fine. You take care of you for a few then you can talk about things with him. I think we all tend to forget a relationship takes work and it takes both people. We tend to take one another for granted. It will be fine :) <3 and hugs girl.

#120 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

Oh these 30mg pellets are so tiny it's such a pain in the ass. I just dump them onto a plate and divide into sections but had noticed it seemed they were around 30 pellets I was taking out. I wish the scale would have been usable but I'm not going to spend more money on another one. Yes I go through the freezing or sweating my ass off but had noticed it was better on the Rugby but of course it's PMS week so I'm back to that any how. Drives me crazy. I have to say that for us women I think the hormones play such a huge factor and screws up even more with the withdrawals. Not saying men have it easier I just think it may affect us a little differently then for them. Well good night sweetie. I sure hope you crash out and just give him pillow therapy if he gets too annoying LOL
HUGS hun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users