Off to bed for sure this time ladies - see ya all in the morning <3

#122 Bunny515

Bunny515

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

Wow bunny I am impressed with you doing Autocad. That is awesome. Well please remember me when you become an interior decorator. I could use some uplift around here for sure. Anyone want to come hang with me in MI for a few weeks? I need to get my mother in laws house cleaned out (which is right next door to me-she is in a home now). Any how can't seem to get his sisters to get out here and get what they want and I feel like partly it shouldn't be my responsibility as its not my mothers things but we do own the house and we need to get it rented out badly. It would make up for the income I'm not bringing in and it's only adding more bills to what we already can't afford.

Nothing wrong with you wanting some space, we all need it from time to time. Need to clear our minds and figure things out. Besides it's good for a man to have a little wake up call and realize what he has and what he needs to do to fix things from time to time. He will be fine. You take care of you for a few then you can talk about things with him. I think we all tend to forget a relationship takes work and it takes both people. We tend to take one another for granted. It will be fine :) <3 and hugs girl.

awww wish I was closer girl.. I'd help for sure! Have to ask. Do you live in a rural area? You have mentioned getting wood several times, so for some reason I'm picturing you in a rural area vs a city. Mind you, maybe you just have a fire place? haha.

#123 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

Truckprincess, I have been tapering the Cymbalta since the end of August. I added the Prozac 2 wks ago ish. I took 10mg for a week without tapering the Cymbalta, then did the step from 43mg to 40mg last Thursday. Thursday good, Friday good, Saturday well, Sunday horrible, Monday horrible, Tuesday fine.
So...after one week it is quite early to go down with the Cymbalta, isn't it? Nevertheless, I prepared tomorrow's capsule with 37mg now and I decided to go down to 10mg Prozac. That way I still reduce the Cymbalta and I also take a smaller dose of the Prozac. I think the latter has kicked in now. I only hope that reducing both was not too much! Remember that my body n mind already went crazy with 1mg less :blink: :(
Good luck with the 5mg step, Truckp.!!

Oh OK so you have been tapering for a while too. That's good I was worried it was more rushed. Yes I know lowering the amount even just a small bit is hard but you did say you were happier today so I think going down another 3mg is OK. You going to stick with it for a week again? That's good the prozac has kicked in I think you will be fine at least that one does last longer. I really wish they would make this easier. I know ppl have mentioned they want to sue Eli Lilly but really I just think they need to push for them getting more info out there and come up with a tapering plan. It's too bad there isn't a way to make them liquid sure would be easier. I have to wonder about ppl still having issues after being off it for a year or so. I wonder if how they went off is the reason or if we are all gonna be a hot mess no matter what? I am sure that the longer one has been on it that yes it's going to take a while to get back to normal. It's no game playing with chemicals of the brain. I still say they should IV this stuff to prisoners LOL. Thank you for the support. I'm sure you all will be the second to know how it goes. I may end up doing like I did with the 30mg. Stay with it until I won't need the Rugby and then taper some more. As long as I keep doing better mentally I'm not in such rush. Going to up the L-tyrosine just a tad tomorrow too. My plan is once I'm completely off I will add the 5htp for a month after. Let me know how you do with yours as well.

#124 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

Off to bed for sure this time ladies - see ya all in the morning <3

Good night, sweet dreams and LONG deep sleep for you!!

#125 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

awww wish I was closer girl.. I'd help for sure! Have to ask. Do you live in a rural area? You have mentioned getting wood several times, so for some reason I'm picturing you in a rural area vs a city. Mind you, maybe you just have a fire place? haha.

Oh yes out in the boondocks for me! we live in a big old farm house that was in his family for at least 80yrs. It's over a hundred yrs old. It's been remodeled but still needs work but that costs $. We have an outdoor wood burner to heat the house. So I joke from time to time I'm gonna shove my husband in it. There would be no trace I watch CSI LMAO! I'm sure he has been tempted to do the same to me from time to time as well ;) I can't remember how many truck and trailer loads we have now but will still need more for the winter. I feel bad as it's hard work for him but it sure saves us big bucks on fuel oil. Hated heating with that.

#126 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

WOW us silly girls have made it to 5 pages!!! Feel for anyone trying to figure us out now LOL. This is like my new facebook. I deleted my account just before I started to do this. Didn't want any other issues for the time. And once again going to bed later than I had planned. I was so tired at 9 and now it's going to be a fight to sleep I can tell. At least I got an actual nap in today. So I'm off to bed. Good night ladies. I hope we all get the much needed rest we need. Night one of 25mg I will be curious though not thrilled with what side effects start to creep up on me from here on out.

<3 n hugs girls will talk to you in the morning.

#127 Bunny515

Bunny515

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

Oh yes out in the boondocks for me! we live in a big old farm house that was in his family for at least 80yrs. It's over a hundred yrs old. It's been remodeled but still needs work but that costs $. We have an outdoor wood burner to heat the house. So I joke from time to time I'm gonna shove my husband in it. There would be no trace I watch CSI LMAO! I'm sure he has been tempted to do the same to me from time to time as well ;) I can't remember how many truck and trailer loads we have now but will still need more for the winter. I feel bad as it's hard work for him but it sure saves us big bucks on fuel oil. Hated heating with that.

Sounds wonderful! I have been a city girl for so long that I'm now yearning for some peace and quite. What is the closest Big city? Detroit? I think Detroit is about a 4-5 hour drive from Toronto. Hope you get to sleep soon! I was thinking that maybe some time in the future when the withdrawal symptoms have subsided, we can set up a private Facebook group for just the ladies in here. At least we can share photos and more personal details knowing the access is controlled.

#128 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

Sounds wonderful! I have been a city girl for so long that I'm now yearning for some peace and quite. What is the closest Big city? Detroit? I think Detroit is about a 4-5 hour drive from Toronto. Hope you get to sleep soon! I was thinking that maybe some time in the future when the withdrawal symptoms have subsided, we can set up a private Facebook group for just the ladies in here. At least we can share photos and more personal details knowing the access is controlled.

That would be very nice I think to have our own little group :) Detroit is a couple of hours from me. I love being out in the country but there are times where being in a city or town would be so much easier. I hope you slept well and you have a good day today!

#129 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

UGH rough night. Slept an hour and woke up, slept an hour and got up. Had a pounding headache and was clenching my teeth. My husband said I was rubbing my leg when I was sleeping so he thought maybe that is problem. I have no idea. I stayed up for a while then back to sleep for a little bit and now back up for the kids. I sure hope I can rest after they go to school but man I'm sick of this. I hope you girls got some good rest. Will check in later.

#130 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:25 AM

Morning Ladies!!! Truckprincess, sorry to hear that you didnt sleep weel. I took an advil nighttime and went out cold. I didnt have to use the pillow therapy either....lol. The nightmare/dreams are wild though.!!! I can tell it's Wednesday because my body is getting more sore as the week gets longer.

I am going to try to lower my mgs down this weekend another 5mgs to 25mgs. I am alittle scared about it but I have to keep thinking about the goal/big picture. I can tell you though that since stopping the Lyrica that I was one I have already started to lose weigh which is great because I have always been thin until these drugs came into my life. Over the last 2yrs I grew a middle tire that just looked hilarious on me. I long tall drink of water with this spare tire right in the middle. That brought up another issue for me!!! People just dont understand how useless, ugly & unattractive you can feel when you have lost your old self. Believe it or not that is why I think work has been good for me. Helping me get my confidence back plus it made me look at this meds and how to get off of them. Even though my doctor didnt want me to return to work but workers Comp forced me back. I thought they were being unreasonable at the time but now I can say THANK YOU.

Truckprincess your place sounds like heaven to me. I was born & raised in the city for the most part but I have always been a country girl at heart. My long time goal is to get out of this city. Guess it isnt a long time goal as I dont have a long time left already 49yrs old :(

Well I have another busy day ahead more printers/copiers to fix....urgh. Better get my butt in gear and head to the office.

Hoping all of you have a restful, painless day. Big Big Hugs ;)

#131 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

Jnine so glad you slept hard finally! Sorry to hear you are getting more sore but at least you are at the half way point-if that helps any? UGH I know what you mean, I have a gut too. Feel like I'm still 9months pregnant. I hate it. It's always been my problem area any how then with not working and all the meds doesn't help. I keep trying to remind myself to eat a little bit more often as I typically only eat once a day which was fine when I was working and burning calories but when you aren't your body just holds it all to store it. Can't say how I feel on the 25mg yet since I took it last night I'm sure it will hit me around the time I should take it later though. But hard to say when I feel like crap and haven't slept. Hopefully I will pass out soon.

I hope you have a great day and it flies by for you! :)

#132 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

I am so frustrated I can't sleep, I can't relax. I'm so tired I can't see straight.

#133 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

Awww Truckprinceness I am so sorry to hear that. The Advil night time capsules worked for me last night maybe try those???

#134 Bunny515

Bunny515

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

Hi Ladies;

Sorry you didn't sleep Tprin .. that's not fun. I took 2 Gravol again... it's becoming a habit for me :) I like the deep restful sleep I get.. NO stupid dreams.

Today I feel nauseas and sick. Yesterday I had this surge of energy as I mentioned, but today not so much. I had this nauseas feeling.. there's nothing worse... ok maybe the pain you guys are going through is way worse. But I've always been prone to nausea and I really hate it~

I have been doing more research in ECT. it's kinda scary cuz they give you a local anesthesia for each treatment and there could be some memory loss of the time period just before and after the treatment. But results seem to be good. I'll have to talk to the Psychiatrist tomorrow about it and see what he says.

jnine I will email you thanks!

#135 Bunny515

Bunny515

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

I also wanted to comment on the weight issue. I too have gained quite a bit of weight since taking Ads. Cipralex was the worst. It makes you hungry all the time. And it didn't help that I'm an emotional eater. The one benefit of Cymbalta is that it curbs your appetite. So I have lost some, but I still have more to go. Definitely got the tummy issue as well.

#136 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

Hi Bunny, let us know what you find out. I just read some where that someone else had done this with great success :) Im thinking a shower, pjs and hopefully pass out. I feel like I did when I used to work 12hr 3rd shift and came home and stayed up all day cleaning and cooking. If only I had that energy today! Will check in later.

#137 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

Evening Ladies Truckprincess I am with ya on the passout part. Another busy day another 50 cents. Came home made dinner because my guy was home early (sweet) ahowered, pj's on, Now I am watching some mindless tv (x-factor) then bed. I am a big pile of GOO and it only gets worst as the week goes on. Usually by the time Friday night gets here I pass out on the couch around 7pm waiting for my guy to get home. I cant wait to get some energy back. I have to push myself to just do the simple things or what use to be the simple things like laundry and vacuuming. These days I feel like I could just come home from work shower and go to bed but i push myself a bit more each day. I truly know it will get better and I will come out the other side a stronger wiser woman who knows what I can endure!!! This journey has taught me about my own body that is for sure and to know that doctors are not God.

I think I am starting to ramble so I will say goodnight & hoping we all have sweet dreams ((hugs))

#138 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

Morning girls,

Oh Jnine, I'm sorry it gets harder as the week goes. Do you think there is anything you could take that might help boost some energy? I really think the ALA has helped me just that with PMS and lack of sleep it's been rough. Ive always struggled the week before I start. I'm always really tired and don't sleep well or I will sleep a ton and still be tired. And I swear since my disease it's gotten worse. Then I will have one good day of super speedy energy, then I start and I'm all good LOL. Gotta love being a woman UGH.. I know TMI lol sorry.

Any how I went to bed around 8:30 think I fell asleep around an hour later and woke up at 11. Thought about getting up and said decided to watch a little tv until I drifted off again. Woke up a few times but for once this morning I was able to get up and not have my poor kid have to keep bugging me to get up. Good thing she is so good about getting up in the morning lol. Not that she needs me she is in 9th grade I just like kissing her goodbye and telling her to have a good day and want to enjoy that I can do that for them while I'm home. Plus they seem to like it too. And it's good for me to keep a schedule even if I'm not working.

Well so far on the 25mg I started to get a little shaky and slight dizziness last night an hour before I was supposed to take it but I managed to wait a half hour past the time. Feel a little light headed this morning but IDK if it's related for sure or not. So I am hoping I am managing just fine but it's a little early to tell.

Has anyone had some crazy acne while tapering off? The reason I ask is that last Friday I woke up with half my cheek and under eye all swollen. I had thought maybe a spider bite or something goofy. Well as time has went on it's gotten worse and decided it must be a fluid cyst or severely clogged pore, which I have never had one before. And it seems like I'm breaking out like never before. I noticed on the list of wd symptoms on the road back to recovery site that it does list these types of symptoms but IDK how legit it is. Although I suppose it makes sense in a way as the body is getting rid of toxins and going through changes. It's just annoying and a little embarrassing at 38yrs. Even though I joke about it being a sign of youth lol. I did play doctor as I couldn't stand my poor eye being swollen and looking someone punched me and it is getting better now. I typically use all natural honey on my face and wash with dove soap and have always had nice skin so this is really odd for me. Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on it?

I hope all you girls are doing well today and got some much needed rest and have a great day! I will check in later on. I am going to try and piece all of my symptoms together this far.

#139 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

Evening Ladies Truckprincess I am with ya on the passout part. Another busy day another 50 cents. Came home made dinner because my guy was home early (sweet) ahowered, pj's on, Now I am watching some mindless tv (x-factor) then bed. I am a big pile of GOO and it only gets worst as the week goes on. Usually by the time Friday night gets here I pass out on the couch around 7pm waiting for my guy to get home. I cant wait to get some energy back. I have to push myself to just do the simple things or what use to be the simple things like laundry and vacuuming. These days I feel like I could just come home from work shower and go to bed but i push myself a bit more each day. I truly know it will get better and I will come out the other side a stronger wiser woman who knows what I can endure!!! This journey has taught me about my own body that is for sure and to know that doctors are not God.

I think I am starting to ramble so I will say goodnight & hoping we all have sweet dreams ((hugs))

I had to LOL about your comment on the doctors. We used to get so mad when I was working because we would know what was wrong with a resident (ex: UTI) and they would just send them back and say they found nothing. Or I would call my own doctor and say I have a sinus infection can you call something in. He used to just go with what I said but not any more. I always have to go in and I'm irritated because it's like I just wasted an hour and a half here and paid $40 for you to tell me what I already knew! My friends used to tease me and call me doctor because I always knew what was wrong with someone or had suggestions for them.

#140 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

I also wanted to comment on the weight issue. I too have gained quite a bit of weight since taking Ads. Cipralex was the worst. It makes you hungry all the time. And it didn't help that I'm an emotional eater. The one benefit of Cymbalta is that it curbs your appetite. So I have lost some, but I still have more to go. Definitely got the tummy issue as well.

Evening girls :)
I'm sorry to hear that sleeping is so difficult for you! Just hope that I don't get that. When I had the depression I used to sleep only after a couple of days without sleep and I felt like a ghost!
But I do have the big fatigue. I had a look at how many hours I'm sleeping now that I'm off work: 10 hours at least!!! And I don't feel relaxed afterwards but just as tired as if I hadn't slept at all. I have to actually force myself out of bed, and as for exercise I have to drag myself out of the house and go for my run.

As for the weight gain, I talked to my doctor 8GP) about that yesterday and she said that it is NOT the metabolism that slows down when you take an antidepressant but it's really the things and the amount you eat.
I am still a bit sceptical as I am really not a big eater and I'm still putting on weight, particularly on my hips. A real problem is that Cymbalta made me unable to do my running. I am exhausted after only 10 mins. But since I reached 40mg I can run again :) :) Gotta train a bit now, though!
Ah, and - very important! - I only put on weight when I went into withdrawal. I wonder why that is. I didn't eat more!

My GP also said that she strongly advises me not to reduce the Cymbalta any further than to 30mg as long as it's winter. I do get winterdepressions and I am actually applying for service abroad (I'm a teacher and we can go teaching in German Schools in other countries all over the world), so it would be good not to be a mess when I get invited to interviews. I don't know, girls, what do you think? She does have a point with the interviews and the season. By the way, I have ordered a special light lamp that is used in many offices in Scandinavia because there's so little light in winter and much winter depression. I will go down to 30mg tomorrow, I think, as I'm still feeling really good. I took 35mg Cymbalta and 10mg Prozac yesterday. Only the fatigue has become worse. Yesterday I was comparatively awake all day :) - Well, if I should really take a break of the reduction I will get off the Prozac and see how my body manages with only 30mg Cymbalta and no additional help. But I don't want to get 'addicted' to Prozac, too!

Truckprincess, thank you so much for asking how I'm going on xxx
I'm fine and feel a little guilty because I'm not working and actually enjoying myself at home. But I guess I should enjoy that the withdrawals have slackened their hold a little.
You know, I have been thinking about the physical withdrawals, like sleeplessness and nausea, and why I don't get them (apart from the fatigue).
I feel that the detoxification with Flor Essence does me a great deal of good. I try to drink 6-8 cups of it during the day. I try to drink VERY much anyway. Besides I take a huge amount of omega 3.

Girls, what supplements do you take in order to get through withdrawal? And what is your impression?

As for meeting on facebook, that is a nice idea :)

#141 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

Morning girls,

Oh Jnine, I'm sorry it gets harder as the week goes. Do you think there is anything you could take that might help boost some energy? I really think the ALA has helped me just that with PMS and lack of sleep it's been rough. Ive always struggled the week before I start. I'm always really tired and don't sleep well or I will sleep a ton and still be tired. And I swear since my disease it's gotten worse. Then I will have one good day of super speedy energy, then I start and I'm all good LOL. Gotta love being a woman UGH.. I know TMI lol sorry.

Any how I went to bed around 8:30 think I fell asleep around an hour later and woke up at 11. Thought about getting up and said decided to watch a little tv until I drifted off again. Woke up a few times but for once this morning I was able to get up and not have my poor kid have to keep bugging me to get up. Good thing she is so good about getting up in the morning lol. Not that she needs me she is in 9th grade I just like kissing her goodbye and telling her to have a good day and want to enjoy that I can do that for them while I'm home. Plus they seem to like it too. And it's good for me to keep a schedule even if I'm not working.

Well so far on the 25mg I started to get a little shaky and slight dizziness last night an hour before I was supposed to take it but I managed to wait a half hour past the time. Feel a little light headed this morning but IDK if it's related for sure or not. So I am hoping I am managing just fine but it's a little early to tell.

Has anyone had some crazy acne while tapering off? The reason I ask is that last Friday I woke up with half my cheek and under eye all swollen. I had thought maybe a spider bite or something goofy. Well as time has went on it's gotten worse and decided it must be a fluid cyst or severely clogged pore, which I have never had one before. And it seems like I'm breaking out like never before. I noticed on the list of wd symptoms on the road back to recovery site that it does list these types of symptoms but IDK how legit it is. Although I suppose it makes sense in a way as the body is getting rid of toxins and going through changes. It's just annoying and a little embarrassing at 38yrs. Even though I joke about it being a sign of youth lol. I did play doctor as I couldn't stand my poor eye being swollen and looking someone punched me and it is getting better now. I typically use all natural honey on my face and wash with dove soap and have always had nice skin so this is really odd for me. Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on it?

I hope all you girls are doing well today and got some much needed rest and have a great day! I will check in later on. I am going to try and piece all of my symptoms together this far.

I'm getting acne, too! Not as bad as you but I still get it, and I usuall have nice skin, too. I try to give a lot of moisture to my face, some gel underneath the day care. Honey is one of my favourite for desinfection, too :)

You were saying that you're feeling a bit shaky and dizzy. I have that, too. Besides I'm constantly cold and have to wrap up really warm. Are you cold, too?
How long did you wait until you reduced from 30 to 25, Truckprincess? Do you think that I can dare the jump down to 30 tomorrow after having jumped from 43 > 40 > 35 in one week? I think I will see how I feel tomororrow morning.

Mornings are the worst time of the day because I'm so tired and usually a bit low and listless. What about you, girls?

#142 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

Tinajuli, wow girl I'm so happy for you that you are doing so well with this! I would just play it by ear on how you feel tomorrow before you drop any more. I was on 30mg for about two and a half weeks. I didn't drop until I could handle a couple of days without the Rugby so I knew my body was adjusted.I'm not too worried about my weight right now (I'm still only around 120-125) as it's mostly gut any way and I figure one thing at a time. Just want to get through this first. Really since not working in the last 4yrs Ive only gained 10 pounds so I can't complain too much. I keep saying I'm going to start working out again but haven't been able to drag myself to it. I will when I feel good enough, I like to exercise so when my body says I can I will ;)

This is everything I take daily on the norm:
Multivitamin
Super B complex
Vit C
D3
Vit A
Calcium
Potassium
Fish oil

Was taking a probiotic, Co-Q10 and also a fiber supplement but have ran out of them and figure I can wait on those for now.

Then at night I take 2 Magnesium

As for withdrawals I used the Rugby and added in the ALA and tiny little bit of L-tryosine which I will up as I go down from cymbalta.

Yes I have went through the hot and cold thing but also my hormones do that to me at that time of the month as well so who knows what is what right now for me. I have been freezing the last few days. The other night I was bundled up and had all the covers and was still freezing.

Not light headed now but have a headache and again it's hard to say the cause right now. The only bad thing about being a woman and trying to go through things like this. So I'm not much of a help right now since I don't know what is what lol. Another part of my battle is I have always been a night person any how. Early afternoon I get tired, always have. Then around 8 or 9 at night I'm ready to go.

I suffer from seasonal affective disorder too and it usually doesn't hit me until around Feb. I have been looking into those lights as well. My doctor told me a few years ago to get one but they were so expensive then not too bad now. He also tells me to go use the tanning bed. But with my implant I can only use a stand up one and no one around here that i know of has those now. So I figure when that time comes I am going to stock up on my book supplies and get one of those lamps to get me through. But it's something I don't recall ever having trouble with before the cymbalta so I will be curious as to how it goes.

Really though other than my few symptoms of this week I still feel pretty good. My head feels so clear and I have noticed I don't have near the nasal stuffiness I used to have. My worries are more about how I will do when I get off this evil crap.

#143 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

Question for all of you - Why were you prescribed Cymbalta in the first place??? I was prescribed it for neuropathic pain and now I see Cymbalta has a new commerical out stating that it will take away physical pain. Every time I see the commerical my blood boils.

#144 Bunny515

Bunny515

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

Hi Ladies!

I was prescribed Cymbalta because of my depression and anxiety. I was taking cipralex before which is good for depression but doesn't treat anxiety effectively. But I hear you Jnine, My husband has a friend who was prescribed cymbalta to help manage the pain of sciatica.

So I went to see the Psychiatrist this morning. It was very enlightening.... I was pretty straight with him about the last couple of weeks being HELL. So I should clarify that it was my GP that suggested the withdrawal plan and move to Wellbutrin. My Psychiatrist explained that he would never have had me ween off of it so quickly and would have prescribed another SSRI to help. He also doesn't think wellbutrin is a good choice for me, so he has now prescribed Prozac. So, goodbye Cymbalta and wellbutrin Hello Prozac. He said that my withdrawal symptoms should improve right away with the intake of prozac. Something else he said that I thought you guys would be interested in : He said that he usually has the pharmacy count out the beads once you drop lower than 30mg. Just putting it out there for you ladies who are trying to do that yourselves. Mind you I think some of you are getting samples. But if not... see if you can get your DR to instruct the Pharmacy to adjust the bead counts.

So I took the prozac when I got home and I'm already getting a headache (sigh).

ECT:
I did ask the Psychiatrist about ECT. His response what quite amusing. He said that he has never had anyone ask about ect. and then he said "so let me pick myself up off the floor" and answer your question.
Ha Ha He basically went on to state that he only recommends ECT once a patient has tried several of the drugs without success, and when it's severe depression. I don't fall into that category. (At least not yet). So we continue on the path to finding the miracle drug. I think he will want me to do a session of CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) YAY (not!!!) and couples counselling. Hubby's going to love that ;)

I also have been really cold lately. Which is a change cuz when I was on cymbalta I was hot all the time. Last winter I couldn't stand to wear a turtle neck whereas the winter before that (i.e., before cymbalta) I was living in turtle necks.

Tprin: That's a lot of supplements you take girl! I'll have to look into some of them. I was taking Fish Oil caplets for awhile. I should pick some up again. I might give the Flor essence a try too.

Exercise... ugh is four letter word for me. Although there was a period in my life where I was exercising regularly, was thin and was happy in life. I keep thinking I need to get going again, but it's sooooo hard.

Last night I did not take Gravol and I had a very listless sleep. Kept tossing and turning. We'll see what happens tonight.

#145 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

Hi Ladies!

I was prescribed Cymbalta because of my depression and anxiety. I was taking cipralex before which is good for depression but doesn't treat anxiety effectively. But I hear you Jnine, My husband has a friend who was prescribed cymbalta to help manage the pain of sciatica.

So I went to see the Psychiatrist this morning. It was very enlightening.... I was pretty straight with him about the last couple of weeks being HELL. So I should clarify that it was my GP that suggested the withdrawal plan and move to Wellbutrin. My Psychiatrist explained that he would never have had me ween off of it so quickly and would have prescribed another SSRI to help. He also doesn't think wellbutrin is a good choice for me, so he has now prescribed Prozac. So, goodbye Cymbalta and wellbutrin Hello Prozac. He said that my withdrawal symptoms should improve right away with the intake of prozac. Something else he said that I thought you guys would be interested in : He said that he usually has the pharmacy count out the beads once you drop lower than 30mg. Just putting it out there for you ladies who are trying to do that yourselves. Mind you I think some of you are getting samples. But if not... see if you can get your DR to instruct the Pharmacy to adjust the bead counts.

So I took the prozac when I got home and I'm already getting a headache (sigh).

ECT:
I did ask the Psychiatrist about ECT. His response what quite amusing. He said that he has never had anyone ask about ect. and then he said "so let me pick myself up off the floor" and answer your question.
Ha Ha He basically went on to state that he only recommends ECT once a patient has tried several of the drugs without success, and when it's severe depression. I don't fall into that category. (At least not yet). So we continue on the path to finding the miracle drug. I think he will want me to do a session of CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) YAY (not!!!) and couples counselling. Hubby's going to love that ;)

I also have been really cold lately. Which is a change cuz when I was on cymbalta I was hot all the time. Last winter I couldn't stand to wear a turtle neck whereas the winter before that (i.e., before cymbalta) I was living in turtle necks.

Tprin: That's a lot of supplements you take girl! I'll have to look into some of them. I was taking Fish Oil caplets for awhile. I should pick some up again. I might give the Flor essence a try too.

Exercise... ugh is four letter word for me. Although there was a period in my life where I was exercising regularly, was thin and was happy in life. I keep thinking I need to get going again, but it's sooooo hard.

Last night I did not take Gravol and I had a very listless sleep. Kept tossing and turning. We'll see what happens tonight.

YAY so happy to hear you are on a better path with a less quacky doctor. I had wondered about your GP putting you on Wellbutrin as it's not very strong at all, esp going from Cymbalta. I didn't want to say anything though. I will explain in a moment how I know. But that is good news and it's good to hear you sounding much more positive. Yes I know I take a lot of supplements but I don't eat for crap and with my RSD PLUS Osteo running in the family I am trying to prevent as much as I can. So yeah sounds crazy but hey it has helped.

#146 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

Well for me I was put on Wellbutrin 10yrs ago for postpartum depression. Although when I think back I honestly don't even know if I had it because I am one of those who HATES being in the hospital and after no sleep and the constant people in and out of course I was depressed in there. I am anytime I'm stuck in the hospital I just hate it period. OK so from there I was put on Zoloft and that was OK for a bit, then Effexor and then he tried Prozac and a few others that made me feel like I was literally on drugs. And mind you before all of this I never took a thing so then it was Cymbalta. I think I mentioned in my very first post on here that it seemed like any time I was upped doses or changed meds I was having PMS or it was winter time so I was weepy. It had never occurred to me until just recently that maybe I NEVER needed anything in the first place and that these drugs were affecting me. I had always just assumed I would have to be on something the rest of my life. Depression runs in the family and I was always told how moody I was. Then you add in the RSD 4yrs ago and start adding in all kinds of different meds I have been put on and tried for pain. I don't like feeling drugged up and not being with it. I had school and kids, even though by then I had lost my job because I couldn't do the physical part any more. When I told my dr I wanted to go off he insisted that Cymbalta worked so well for me and that it helps with pain. I told him I wanted to give it a try any how and if I couldn't do it then that was fine but I needed to know for myself. I honestly don't think he thought I would make it as far as I have. Of course he doesn't know as I have not seen him since and don't go back until Jan. Which how convenient as the SAD will probably kick in. So yeah how pathetic to be put on something ten years ago for postpartum and no one ever bothered to take me off to see if I even needed anything but instead just kept adding and upping and changing drugs.

#147 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

Ok so this is why I was was put on Cymbalta. I hurt myself at work moving a photocopier so first it was physio and perocets that didnt help I could barely walk. Good old doctor decided Lyrica was the answer put me on that along with the 6 perocets a day. That didnt work put me on 20mg of oxy a day along with everything else. All the while increasing the Lyrica then along came the Cymbalts and sat down beside the peroces, the lyrica and the oxys. They sent me for MRI's I was told that i have 2 bugling disc, sciatric (oops) arthirtis and buritis in my hip but I SHOULD NOT be feeling the pain that I do. I need to mention that I kept telling them where the pain was but NOT one of them would phyiscally touch me just another MRI. At one point my own GP whom I have been seeing for 16yrs and usually only for my yearly physical because I dont get sick suggested it was all in my mind. Oh ya and during this time hubby had to take me to the hospital numerous time because of the pain. Where they just thought i was seeking drugs. I Told them I had my own drugs!!! One nurse told me to take an Advil to which I replied boy the other drugs in my system would laugh at the poor advil...lol In the end the hospital would shoot me up with demerol and send me home btw that did nothing for me either.

This was when I decided to take matters into my own hands, I started reading and walking as much as I could some days it was just down the hall of my building and back. I learned that Lyrica could at times make the pain worst, that is when I started weaning myself off of that drug. I told my GP and she didnt bat an eye or give me a plan of action. I havent been back to her since. So I got myself off the Lyrica 225mg and now on to getting off the Cymbalta. I still have pain every day but I am learning to live with it and adjust my life around it.

To this day no one can tell me what I have done to my body by moving that stupid PHOTCOPIER!!!

Hence I have no faith in the medical field and have more faith in people like you guys who are actually going thru it and not reading from some text book or listening to a drug rep.

#148 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

Well for me I was put on Wellbutrin 10yrs ago for postpartum depression. Although when I think back I honestly don't even know if I had it because I am one of those who HATES being in the hospital and after no sleep and the constant people in and out of course I was depressed in there. I am anytime I'm stuck in the hospital I just hate it period. OK so from there I was put on Zoloft and that was OK for a bit, then Effexor and then he tried Prozac and a few others that made me feel like I was literally on drugs. And mind you before all of this I never took a thing so then it was Cymbalta. I think I mentioned in my very first post on here that it seemed like any time I was upped doses or changed meds I was having PMS or it was winter time so I was weepy. It had never occurred to me until just recently that maybe I NEVER needed anything in the first place and that these drugs were affecting me. I had always just assumed I would have to be on something the rest of my life. Depression runs in the family and I was always told how moody I was. Then you add in the RSD 4yrs ago and start adding in all kinds of different meds I have been put on and tried for pain. I don't like feeling drugged up and not being with it. I had school and kids, even though by then I had lost my job because I couldn't do the physical part any more. When I told my dr I wanted to go off he insisted that Cymbalta worked so well for me and that it helps with pain. I told him I wanted to give it a try any how and if I couldn't do it then that was fine but I needed to know for myself. I honestly don't think he thought I would make it as far as I have. Of course he doesn't know as I have not seen him since and don't go back until Jan. Which how convenient as the SAD will probably kick in. So yeah how pathetic to be put on something ten years ago for postpartum and no one ever bothered to take me off to see if I even needed anything but instead just kept adding and upping and changing drugs.

ROOARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Reading this makes me so angry! How COULD the doctors keep you on drugs all the time! They seem to be so used to prescribing them that they give them to you like vitamine pills!!
I have been given Cymbalta for depression and the anxiety that came with it but I think it was a mix of burnout, broken relationship and winter depression.
Truckprincess would you be a dear and quickly explain to me what exactly is an RSD? And if depression runs in your family - what do your family members take? Do you believe that it runs in the family or are there just unhappy family matters that burden you all? Sorry for asking you so bluntly, but I remember you writing that you want to be a better mum than your own mum was. You said she never really cared. I tend to think that if I grew up like that I'd be prone to depression, too. So don't give up, and try it without antidepressants, just like you plan to. My family is difficult too. Only that my mother cared a bit too much and kind of kept me away from anything that might be 'dangerous'. No parties, no discoteques, no friends who already had a steady bf and took the pill, no friends who smoked, and I took me so very long to find out who I was. I'm a bit like you now, but with respect to my pupils at school. I try to help them find their own ways, and ways of thinking, give them room to breathe. Unfortunately I don't have any kids of my own yet because my relationship broke :( What I want to say is that there are so many reasons for getting depressed and it needn't be an inherited fate.
Will quickly send this off and brb in a min.

#149 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

Ok so this is why I was was put on Cymbalta. I hurt myself at work moving a photocopier so first it was physio and perocets that didnt help I could barely walk. Good old doctor decided Lyrica was the answer put me on that along with the 6 perocets a day. That didnt work put me on 20mg of oxy a day along with everything else. All the while increasing the Lyrica then along came the Cymbalts and sat down beside the peroces, the lyrica and the oxys. They sent me for MRI's I was told that i have 2 bugling disc, sciatric (oops) arthirtis and buritis in my hip but I SHOULD NOT be feeling the pain that I do. I need to mention that I kept telling them where the pain was but NOT one of them would phyiscally touch me just another MRI. At one point my own GP whom I have been seeing for 16yrs and usually only for my yearly physical because I dont get sick suggested it was all in my mind. Oh ya and during this time hubby had to take me to the hospital numerous time because of the pain. Where they just thought i was seeking drugs. I Told them I had my own drugs!!! One nurse told me to take an Advil to which I replied boy the other drugs in my system would laugh at the poor advil...lol In the end the hospital would shoot me up with demerol and send me home btw that did nothing for me either.

This was when I decided to take matters into my own hands, I started reading and walking as much as I could some days it was just down the hall of my building and back. I learned that Lyrica could at times make the pain worst, that is when I started weaning myself off of that drug. I told my GP and she didnt bat an eye or give me a plan of action. I havent been back to her since. So I got myself off the Lyrica 225mg and now on to getting off the Cymbalta. I still have pain every day but I am learning to live with it and adjust my life around it.

To this day no one can tell me what I have done to my body by moving that stupid PHOTCOPIER!!!

Hence I have no faith in the medical field and have more faith in people like you guys who are actually going thru it and not reading from some text book or listening to a drug rep.

And again I can just say :angry: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, it was pain but how could they put you on a drugs like that, Jnine! And later just tell you that you were seeking drugs. I can't believe it!! If you moved the photocopier something must be wrong with your back. Did you ever see a chiropractor? I'm probably asking a stupid question because of course you have tried everyting. But I once hurt my back and all my doctors told me that my hips weren't straigt, and thus one leg shorter and that it was that which caused the pain. They disregarded the fact that I had hurt myself! Then, by chance I got the advice to go to a chiropractitor who had another personal method which consisted of not adjusting the vertebras directly but of rolling me and twisting me on his massage table. He promised that the pain would be gone after ...times and they were. There must be a nerve that causes you such pain!

By the way, girls, I'm getting a bit weepy again, and I have been quite tired all day, wasn't able to finish my usual run. And I have been hungry all day, too. Is that the Prozac making me hungry? Up to now I haven't really had any appetite. At first I thought that my body was just trying to get the food in that it had been deprived of these last days but I really ate a lot today and am still hungrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry!!!
So maybe I'll weep my eyes out tomorrow and tell you that life is bad. Please give me a kick in the ass then and tell me that as soon as it gets better I'll start making big speeches about what is good for people as if I knew best :P

:)

Hrrrm...so maybe I shouldn not go to 30mg tomo?

Vitamine D is very good against osteoporosis. My mum takes it and her bones are much better now.
I'm thinking about getting myself the ALA against the fatigue. Did you say that it also helped you when you were in the weepy mood, Truckprincess?

Good night my dears and big hugs to you all! xxx

#150 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

Because if they can't physically SEE what's wrong with someone then of course it's in your head. Ive been through all that crap too. Had to have psych evals before I could have this stupid implant too. So ridiculous. They kept telling me I wasn't a text book case of RSD. Some argue I don't have it. I was also told I have 3 damaged nerves and some slight arthritis in my back but not enough that it should bother me. We all get arthritis in our backs as we age so that's typical. A different doctor just recently gave me another nerve study test and said no nerve damage just muscle so I just need physical therapy. Uh I wanted to scream F*** YOU. Ive done physical therapy. Not saying I don't need the exercise but you can't fix RSD! The muscle that has wasted away will never come back and I use my leg every day as normal as possible. Every story I read the more pissed off I get which probably isn't good since I'm in a mood right now lol. I think I told you before I didn't like Lyrica either and we had a lady gain 90pds after 6months on it. It never did crap for me either. Nothing really truly takes all the pain away and have to learn to adjust and live with it. UGH I'm sooooo sorry you had to go through all that. I can't tell you how many doctors I have been through these last 4yrs. The sad thing is it was a physical therapist that I saw for a second opinion that diagnosed me. NOT a doctor. What does that tell you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users