Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:
    to share my experience and to ask for help

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

Well, after being put on 10 mg lexapro for the constant fear/crying I am doing realllyyy well!!!  BY the 3rd day of taking the lexapro I had improved immensely. Now my doctors tell me that the 10 mg lexapro is a lot less ssri than 60 mg of cymbalta I was on and to respond that quickly to the lexapro indicates that the near constant fear/crying is a symptom of withdrawal. They also indicated that long periods of agitation/crying or fear with the absense of an obvious cause (death in family, etc) indicates it is from withdrawal rather than return of my anxiety. They seem to be increasingly convinced that this is still a cymbalta issue and that over the next few months I should be able to slowly, very slowly cut down my meds until I am off the lexapro. Now I have to say I am impressed these people are more open minded than a lot of medical people would be. I am also VERY glad that the lexapro has given me a break but best of all that I may wind up getting off all this crap and getting back to being me. If they are right that would make this a 8 or 9 month withdrawal. Time will tell..

wow Fishinghat, this is amazing! firstly, thank goodness you've got some relief, it was awful to think of you in that state, and this is great news. secondly, it's highly interesting in that it shows how extended the withdrawal can be. I know a couple of people mentioned that it can take a long time, but part of you always wonders 'is it me? can it really still be withdrawal, when many others are feeling so much better?' you have proved it, and am also pleased the professionals saw the problem.

wonderful news!

#92 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:42 PM

Thanks so much Chimera. It is hard to beleive that this can last so long, my last day was Feb 11th for cymbalta. A little over 4 months!! I have managed to stick with the exercise and lost 7 lbs so that will probably help as well. I hate to admoot it but I uh, well, uh, just say I have a lot more to go! lol Around 40 more pounds would be nice. :( Yea, I know what you mean, even after coming this far and the doctors saying it was still withdrawal related, even now I STILL wonder if it is me or not. You all hang in there everyone!! Life does have hope. God Bless all.

#93 chimera

chimera

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:40 PM

Thanks so much Chimera. It is hard to beleive that this can last so long, my last day was Feb 11th for cymbalta. A little over 4 months!! I have managed to stick with the exercise and lost 7 lbs so that will probably help as well. I hate to admoot it but I uh, well, uh, just say I have a lot more to go! lol Around 40 more pounds would be nice. :( Yea, I know what you mean, even after coming this far and the doctors saying it was still withdrawal related, even now I STILL wonder if it is me or not. You all hang in there everyone!! Life does have hope. God Bless all.

it's incredible isn't it, none of us would ever have thought that we'd still be having trouble this far on, Nancy you and me are testament to that.

the weight will drop off;) well done on the 7lbs so far! 

probably when we're further down the line, and time passes, we'll be able to see more that it wasn't us, it was withdrawal. it's hard to see that when we're all in turmoil like we have been, but eventually (hoping) time will make all things clear regarding this. God bless you too

#94 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

Well the next step in the battle starts. I came off of 60 mg of cymbalta in Febuary. Was left with constant fear and crying. When it was all said and done the doctor had me daily on four 25 mg of hydroxyzine, four  1 mg lorazepam and 10 mg of lexapro. Got the go ahead to start weaning again. Starting with the lorazepam. 1/2 gram every 12 days. Done it before, do it agian. Should be off the lorazepam around Nov. 1st. I will keep you all posted on how it goes.

#95 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

Good luck fishinghat

Hopefully everything goes smoothly this time.

At least your doctors are in your corner on this fight.

Take care

#96 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

Thanks Nancy. I am just going to take it slow and easy and give my body plenty of a chance to adapt to each change.

#97 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

Well my appointment yesterday was a disappointment.

First thing psychiatrist wants me to do is to start taking sertraline. Only 25mg to start but then she wants me to work up to 75mg over the next six weeks. I don't object to taking something and I told her that but questioned if I needed to keep going up if it worked at a lower dose. She said that I could stop at the dosage that made me feel better and that if I had any adverse reactions that I should stop taking it and call her so we can try something else. Not sure that this is the right med but I will try it very cautiously.

She doesn't do therapy herself so is going to set up some therapy so have to wait for someone to contact me again.

I am exhausted today from the traveling, the emotional day, and some poorly chosen comments by my pharmacist that caused a complete meltdown when I got home.

After all I have been through, this pharmacist told me not to read the print out and just take the med so that how I felt won't be influenced by what I read. I felt totally let down by her and very hurt and I no longer feel comfortable in the store.

She also told me that I should take the med at supper time when the doctor's directions say in the morning and there is a very good reason for taking it in the morning and for not taking it in the evening.

Today I read the print out that the pharmacist gave my husband and it is a good thing that I did as I need to make a few changes to my diet. Things that my hubbie did not even bother to read.

I guess I really do have to be my own watchdog now and I need to find a doctor that I can build some trust with if that is possible. I may need to try a different pharmacy as well since I will probably have to go to a different town to see a different doctor anyway.

#98 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:40 PM

Poor Nancy and the plight her getting good doctors. Chamera was very complimentary toward my doctors the other day and I do appreciate the way they are open minded, talk to each other and listen to me. But it didn't get that way easily. I am on my second therapist, fourth psychiatrist and my original endocrinologist (27 years with him). All the psych people are told up front that I want my questions answered and that I view meds as a temporary fix. If they can't follow the rules out they go. Goodness nows I went through a few to get to this group but I can at least work with them. So don't feel bad Nanacy. You may have to change psych people if they won't work with you. It is hard to find good ones but hang in there!!

#99 chimera

chimera

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

Well the next step in the battle starts. I came off of 60 mg of cymbalta in Febuary. Was left with constant fear and crying. When it was all said and done the doctor had me daily on four 25 mg of hydroxyzine, four  1 mg lorazepam and 10 mg of lexapro. Got the go ahead to start weaning again. Starting with the lorazepam. 1/2 gram every 12 days. Done it before, do it agian. Should be off the lorazepam around Nov. 1st. I will keep you all posted on how it goes.

best of luck to you, I am hopeful that this next battle (it is so unfair you have to do this again, but it's good news you've got the go ahead to do it now) will be a success x

#100 chimera

chimera

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

Well my appointment yesterday was a disappointment.

First thing psychiatrist wants me to do is to start taking sertraline. Only 25mg to start but then she wants me to work up to 75mg over the next six weeks. I don't object to taking something and I told her that but questioned if I needed to keep going up if it worked at a lower dose. She said that I could stop at the dosage that made me feel better and that if I had any adverse reactions that I should stop taking it and call her so we can try something else. Not sure that this is the right med but I will try it very cautiously.

She doesn't do therapy herself so is going to set up some therapy so have to wait for someone to contact me again.

I am exhausted today from the traveling, the emotional day, and some poorly chosen comments by my pharmacist that caused a complete meltdown when I got home.

After all I have been through, this pharmacist told me not to read the print out and just take the med so that how I felt won't be influenced by what I read. I felt totally let down by her and very hurt and I no longer feel comfortable in the store.

She also told me that I should take the med at supper time when the doctor's directions say in the morning and there is a very good reason for taking it in the morning and for not taking it in the evening.

Today I read the print out that the pharmacist gave my husband and it is a good thing that I did as I need to make a few changes to my diet. Things that my hubbie did not even bother to read.

I guess I really do have to be my own watchdog now and I need to find a doctor that I can build some trust with if that is possible. I may need to try a different pharmacy as well since I will probably have to go to a different town to see a different doctor anyway.

oh Nancy :(

as I mentioned before, you are right to be cautious about the higher dosages. at least she is allowing you to take it at your own pace- but omg at the pharmacist!!

words fail me, but same as doctors there can be some VERY bad pharmacists out there. yes ok, we've all had massive leaflets with meds with lots of side effects on, but it is rare that anyone could possibly think they'd get all of them/be swayed. it is right and proper that we be informed of the effects of what we are taking. not withstanding the dietary considerations, other med interactions that could happen, early warning signs of allergy/something going wrong. it is far better to be informed and prepared- and is also reassuring sometimes. if the leaflet says something MAY happen, then if it does it's far less of a shock or worry, than not having known about it at all. the number of people who don't read leaflets, then get in a panic over indigestion/heartburn/constipation, when it's been written there for them all the time. my carer is a non reader of leaflets, I have got used to saying 'check it, it is probably on there!' and it invariably is, and she's much happier as a result.

ignorance is not bliss in this case, not at all!

#101 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:03 AM

Just an update for me

I took the first sertraline on Saturday. Pretty sure that it shouldn't have made a difference in how I feel 90 minutes after I took it but it did and continues to do so.

I feel more aware than I have for months. Emotionally I am much more cheery, not getting hardly any angry moments and laughing much more. I also have energy to burn and doing way more around the house and yard than I was before. Don't have to push myself to do things now. I am sleeping a bit better but not alot yet.

I haven't tried going anywhere yet to see how I feel but the anxiety at home has dropped significantly. Small bouts only last a few minutes and are very mild.

So that is the plus side but of course there are minuses as it is a SSRI drug.

One bad thing is I feel jittery and restless on the inside and can't sit for long. Also I'm a little concerned with just how up I feel as that kind of switch seems a bit extreme. I was sweating from Temazepam withdrawals and now worse since starting the sertraline. It doesn't help any that it is quite hot and humid here.

I am also dealing with headaches again which could be a combination of the new med, the Temazepam withdrawals and lowering the dose of my amitriptyline. Headaches are bad enough that I am very close to a migraine so have to take all the precautions to prevent a migraine. I'm hoping this will settle down soon.

Hubbie has been keeping an eye on me so I'm hoping if anything is going wrong he will spot it. I haven't forgotten where the Crapalta took me and don't want to go there again. Not happy about taking another SSRI either but I guess it was necessary for now.

Take care and :hug: for everyone.

#102 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

Well the good news is Nancy that my doctors told me that when my lexapro made a difference with 48 hours that was  a good sign that my symptoms were from cymbalta withdrawal. My body was still ssri starved and picked up the lexapro right away. Sounds like your Zoloft had an even quicker effect on you. Most ssri take a week to 3 weeks to kick in. What dosage did he give you?

#103 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

She started me at 25mg for 2 weeks, then wants me to take 50mg for 2 weeks, then 75mg for 2 weeks. I cheated and since it is capsules, I emptied about 1/2 the powder out of 7 capsules for the first week. I will take the full 25mg starting on Saturday and see how that goes. Am I going to go up in dose? Probably not. My nameless random anxiety is pretty much gone and when I get a bit it goes away very quickly as I can talk myself out of it. The PTSD is still there but then I expect that some long term therapy will be needed to get that under control again. I haven't been able to see how I feel leaving the house and yard yet as hubbie is back to working and doesn't want me to try it by myself. I feel more or less like me again but with this vague feeling that something is not quite right in my head like something is off or missing. A strange sensation to say the least. This is probably going to be one long paragraph as I cannot seem to post normally today. How are things going with you? Have you started to taper the Lexapro yet? Take care of you

#104 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

That sounds a little high for Zoloft. The standard dosage for anxiety is 50 mg but the manufacurer does say in the case of ptsd 75 mg may be needed. I like your approach. I wouldn't be suprised if you could get by with 50. And for heavens sake why take more than you need?

I haven't started cutting back on the lexapro yet. The doctor (and me) wanted me to come off the lorazepam first and that will take about 3 months. So far so good on cutting back the lorazepam. I am afraid this will take a while but that is ok if it works.

#105 chimera

chimera

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:18 AM

Just an update for me

I took the first sertraline on Saturday. Pretty sure that it shouldn't have made a difference in how I feel 90 minutes after I took it but it did and continues to do so.

I feel more aware than I have for months. Emotionally I am much more cheery, not getting hardly any angry moments and laughing much more. I also have energy to burn and doing way more around the house and yard than I was before. Don't have to push myself to do things now. I am sleeping a bit better but not alot yet.

I haven't tried going anywhere yet to see how I feel but the anxiety at home has dropped significantly. Small bouts only last a few minutes and are very mild.

So that is the plus side but of course there are minuses as it is a SSRI drug.

One bad thing is I feel jittery and restless on the inside and can't sit for long. Also I'm a little concerned with just how up I feel as that kind of switch seems a bit extreme. I was sweating from Temazepam withdrawals and now worse since starting the sertraline. It doesn't help any that it is quite hot and humid here.

I am also dealing with headaches again which could be a combination of the new med, the Temazepam withdrawals and lowering the dose of my amitriptyline. Headaches are bad enough that I am very close to a migraine so have to take all the precautions to prevent a migraine. I'm hoping this will settle down soon.

Hubbie has been keeping an eye on me so I'm hoping if anything is going wrong he will spot it. I haven't forgotten where the Crapalta took me and don't want to go there again. Not happy about taking another SSRI either but I guess it was necessary for now.

Take care and :hug: for everyone.

:hug: so glad it's helping a bit Nancy. also that the anxiety has had the edge taken off it, it's wonderful. the jitteryness will ease soon hopefully. it is murderously humid here also, I feel your pain! 

#106 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

That sounds a little high for Zoloft. The standard dosage for anxiety is 50 mg but the manufacurer does say in the case of ptsd 75 mg may be needed. I like your approach. I wouldn't be suprised if you could get by with 50. And for heavens sake why take more than you need?

I haven't started cutting back on the lexapro yet. The doctor (and me) wanted me to come off the lorazepam first and that will take about 3 months. So far so good on cutting back the lorazepam. I am afraid this will take a while but that is ok if it works.

Well we know not to rush getting off any meds so it is good to go slow on the Lorazepam. I am to take lorazepam for anxiety as needed but have only taken 1/2 mg once as don't want to get hooked on that.

The dreaded diarrhea has started for me but not sure if it is the med or the hot weather. Sertraline is known for being hard on people with IBS so I will have to watch that.

:hug: so glad it's helping a bit Nancy. also that the anxiety has had the edge taken off it, it's wonderful. the jitteryness will ease soon hopefully. it is murderously humid here also, I feel your pain! 

Thank you, heat is one thing but with high humidity it is a killer for me.

I actually got 4 1/2 hours real sleep last night before I woke up for the first time in months. Didn't sleep much after that but hey it's a start.

:hug: s for you both

#107 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:50 PM

Well went to my psychiatrist for a routine follow up. She was very pleased with my progress.Then she dropped a bombshell....she is retiring!! Now I have to start with a new doctor and train him all over again. All of you old timers on this site know what I mean. Otherwise things go well. By Wed I will be down 40% on the lorazepam. Hope you all are doing well.

#108 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:24 PM

Hi fishinghat

Good for you with the Lorazepam.

Terrible about the psych doc. Will she do an intro letter to your new one or recommend someone? I hope you are able to find one who is open-minded and caring.

I am doing better with the anxiety but having IBS issues with the Sertraline. Still haven't been able to up the dose but my psych doc says to stay on 25mg until IBS settles down. At least I have a much more positive outlook than I did before and can smile and laugh again. Still getting the speed up about an hour after I take it but so far am controlling that sort of lol.

I had another pleasant surprise on the weekend. That long term side effect of not being able to enjoy intimacy seems to have finally gone away. My hubbie is very happy about that. He says it is a big ego boost for him when I can enjoy it too lol. I didn't think it would return now that I am on the Sertraline. Hope it doesn't mess it up again when I get to the point that I increase the dose.

Take care

#109 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:02 PM

The retiring doc is being replaced by a new doc who just finished his residency. Lucky me! lol

It sounds like you are making progress though and that is welcome news. Remember sertraline is an ssri and any increase in seratonin will increase IBS. Can you can get along ok on the 25 mg dosage? It takes 3 weeks for this medicine to reach full effect, so some more improvement may be coming..? How long have you been on it know? The less you take the less you have to come off of later.

That is really good news about the sexual side effects. I am really happy for both of you.

It sounds like you are heading in the right direction and I am glad to hear that...It makes me feel better.

#110 chimera

chimera

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

Fishinghat, I groaned inside when I read your news about the dr retiring! just what you needed:( hopefully this new one will be most 'trainable' and a pleasant surprise, I do hope so.

Nancy, really really pleased about the intimacy progress, this is a huge advance and one I know has been a long time coming (no pun) so wonderful news, really good

#111 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:42 AM

It will be 3 weeks on Saturday (20th) since I started the sertraline, but I cheated for the first 2 weeks by emptying some of the powder out of each pill and I also missed a day as the colon spasms were so bad. I am now taking the full 25mg as of this past Saturday and things are settling down.

I still go into speed up about an hour or two after taking it which is a little disturbing mentally and quite tiring physically. Something that I will have to stay aware of. We seem to be growing alot of weeds this year and I find that pulling weeds really helps. It is one of those mindless activities that seems to calm me. I think that we also have the best groomed grass in the area lol.

I will stay on the 25mg for another week then talk to the psych doc to see what she wants me to do. No word on the therapy yet so I will probably have to call to find out when I can start. The waiting is the frustrating part for me. I don't have much in the way of patience these days and want everything to hurry up and happen. Another side effect of the sertraline I think.

When I have read some of the new postings on here they have totally overwhelmed me and I haven't been able to answer them. Strange for me as I usually can think of something to say to offer comfort to just about anyone. I think it has alot to do with the return of my PTSD which I can completely blame on the Crapalta. Now how to get it under control again is another thing altogether. I think that is where the sertraline may need to be increased. I think the therapy would work better myself but I have to get a therapist first. Eventually I would like to be off this drug too but that may be a long time in the future. All I can do is deal with one day at a time so no sense worrying about that right now.

Thanks for all the encouragement. Life is definitely improving.

#112 chimera

chimera

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

looks like I am joining your ranks Nancy and Fishinghat, the therapist has advised a low dose of an antidepressant. not because she is not pleased with the progress or the work I am doing on it, but she's given me a chronic PTSD diagnosis. I had my first proper flashback during it yesterday, out of the blue. I had had a memory block about an incident for years, unusual for me as i have an elephant memory for all other events. it had been bugging me more and more this last week (suppose therapy is meant to stir things up a bit) so bam, it happened. 

I was pretty freaked out- it wasn't the thing I couldn't remember, but it was highly distressing. I am kind of being 'flooded' at the moment, and she said while this is happening, I need it cushioned just a little. not enough to stop progress, but enough to make it a bit more comfortable for me.

she said try a low dose of an antidepressant you've used before (she knows I am scared stiff of another allergy) so my dr is ringing tomorrow. I should think it'll be Prozac probably. 

not happy about it really, but I guess it was inevitable

#113 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:38 PM

Hi Chimera

Sorry to hear that you have to go this route too. These darn meds sure cause us problems.

Sure makes me wonder what Crapalta did to us that seems to bring out all our horrors and weaknesses when we go off it. I know with me it seems to have taken away my ability to cope with stressful feelings and situations that I had learned how to deal with years ago.

Also I notice that it seems that memories of negative events from my past seem to come to mind much too often. Things that I have not thought about for years are suddenly remembered and the bad feelings they gave me when they happened I often feel now. Those feelings often cause me to cry or get angry about it all over again. Doesn't make sense that this would start happening now and the only reason that this would be happening that I can see is the Crapalta.

Hope you feel better soon.

:hug:

#114 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

Ahhh isn't life great? The wonderful benefits of ssris!!  Flashbacks, well I can at least say that I haven't had to deal with that (yet). I feel for you guys.

Lady Nancy, Good to hear from you again. If you have been on it that long you should definitely be feeling better by now. As far as the rush after taking it....Zoloft can cause some anxiety as a side effect. One way you might limit this is by taking 12.5 grams in the AM and then 12.5 in the PM. At least that way the rush should be minimized. Also, ssris cause a marked increase in seratonin at the first and then that level drops after a few months. So this may pass with time. At least you are only on 25 mg, that is good.

Chimera, I really hate to see you go on Prozac after just one flashback. But you got to do what you think is best. Do you have a history of these? You have been doing so well. You know there is good therapy for controlling flashbacks so hang in there.

#115 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

You know just when I wasn't expecting it...Would you beleive?...I mean really after 6 months? Yes, I say with red face....the erections have returned. Know if I just had labido!! lol  I am catching up with you Nancy. lol Maybe more improvements in the future. There is always hope, right?

#116 chimera

chimera

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

thanks Nancy and Fishinghat. I've not ever had a history of these before, but I think she was worried as the anger I've been feeling (we've been working on anger management) had to be aborted this week as I'd swung so completely in the opposite direction. the lack of tetchiness and spark was such a big change that it has been a pretty sharp turnaround. the kind of 'fire' had carried me through thus far, now without it I have felt extremely sad and very weepy. 

kind of like a Pandora's box has been opened, and as Nancy says, this has never been such an issue before Cymbalta. my demons are staring me in the face right now, and I am not strong enough to fight them without help. I am using what strategies I can, but it's got to the point where it's starting to overwhelm me. I don't have to take the Prozac unless I want to, but I think it would be a good idea to have something on standby right now.

on a happier note, wow Fishinghat:) this must be like winning the lottery right now, I am so pleased for you. miracles do happen:) 

#117 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

I understand what you are saying about the prozac Chimera and you are probably right. The switch from anger and drive to depression, fear or insecurity is a common one. For example when one is runniing off adrenaline and the body finally starts to adjust it often overcompensates with high dopamine levels and a downer attitude. Those swings often settle down with time as you body adjusts. This is a good sign that your body is trying to find a happy medium so do what you have to with the prozac to get settled down.You need to work from a point of strength. BUT I am looking forward to the day that Chimera is ssri free for good. You can do it girl. Lean on your therapist and us and give it time. A little prozac is a lot better than a lot of cymbalta.

#118 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

Well I don't know about feeling the effects of it at this point as I felt better with the first one I took. By the third day that nameless anxiety was completely gone. I don't even have to take anything else anymore. I had only been off the Crapalta for 13 weeks when I started the other.

It is definitely not a feel good rush that I get. It is a speed up of my thoughts and the need to physically keep moving and I get hyper. More like the way one of the other meds that was supposed to be a mood stabilizer made me feel, but I hate the way it feels as it starts. I find my fingers can't type as fast as my thoughts can go and those thoughts are all over the place. No anxiety to it at all just gotta get moving. I do accompllish a lot though as I just want to keep busy. 

I won't dare take any of this in the evening as I would never sleep then. I am not taking anything for sleep now and only sleeping 3 or 4 hours each night and then dozing some for an hour or two . It seems to be enough and although I do feel kind of tired, I am not sleepy at all. I think I have turned into a hyper bunny lol.

Chimera - a low dose of Prozac just might be what you need for right now. Give it a try and if helps quickly like it did for fishinghat and I then you will know that it is still side effects from the Crapalta. I knew almost right away that the sertraline was helping me.

fishinghat didn't you say that the lexapro helped you quickly too.

It can't hurt to give it a try. If it doesn't help then you can stop taking it.

Well that is all I can sit for right now so gotta go.

#119 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:09 PM

Yea,  the lexapro helped in 2 days. On a low dosage too.

#120 chimera

chimera

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

thanks both. spoke to dr this morning and he said he completely appreciated my fear of this, and we agreed that this should be at the minimum time possible too. so hopefully after a few months, I can come off that. 

having the anger and drive was more manageable than this, as there are so many ways you can burn that off/express it, and the adrenaline carries you through a lot of stuff. once that reverses- and I agree, it's a good thing that it has more now as no one can comfortably sustain that sort of thing forever, you'll completely burn out- then the slump is a terrible contrast. whilst my will to work at it is still there, it is much more of an effort which is last thing I need at this point. so we'll see. I won't start it til it gets cooler a bit though, as any jitters/sweating would be most unwelcome right now!

Nancy, yes I noticed the morning 'speedy hyperness' with each SSRI for a few hours after taking it in particular. same as you, weeding, housework, it was frantic. then by afternoon it would settle a bit. Sertraline seems particularly strong in this for you, I noticed it most badly with Paxil, even though for the rest of the time it more zonked me than anything lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users