#511 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,222 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 07 November 2018 - 04:13 PM

Good to hear about heart results Axle.

Regarding the Ashwaghanda, i can obviously only report my own experiences. As with all adaptogens, reactions can happen, but not nearly as much as medicine. I would advise starting low and working your way up if you do. Give it at least 20-40 minutes to start working, and I wouldn't recommend taking another dose for at least 6 hours - so think of it like a benzo!!

#512 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 04:40 PM

So if the dr said it was ok to take should I take it

#513 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 November 2018 - 04:46 PM

If you are concerned about the potential side effects, especially nervousness, you can try the old teaspoon teacup rule. This is an old term used when drs used to prescribe nearly all medicines in the liquid form. The rule is "if the dr prescribes a teacup full then start with a teaspoon full"

In other words instead of taking a full dose take maybe 1/4 dose for a couple days and then work your way up slowly. If you do develop any symptoms then they will be milder than if you started on the full dose from the beginning.

#514 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 November 2018 - 04:48 PM

You asked about Ashwagandha. I posted some information on that earlier today. be sure to look over the next 3 or 4 posts after this link for more info. Just click below.

https://www.cymbalta...e-17#entry77783

#515 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 07 November 2018 - 04:52 PM

Fishinghat,

I like that. Start lower than prescribed. Got that Axle! But you were on it before with no bad reactions, that and Celexa, I believe.

Fishinghat, are the side effects the same with Celexa. There is always a risk in whatever medication you take. Thank you Sir!

#516 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 04:53 PM

I'm just worried of the interaction both doses of adderall and duloxetine are low and the same interaction is reported in celexa and adderall i believe right and i was on that for 8 years the adderall is in the same pill form as duloxetine the beads I just dont want it to kill me

#517 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,222 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 07 November 2018 - 05:55 PM

Agree with 'hat. Always start low. Er, are we still talking Ashwaghanda?? 

Not a good head day this end...

But if so, I very much doubt a Doctor would have much to say about an adaptogen. If wrong, and they do, then I am very impressed, and our services over here have something more to learn!

#518 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 November 2018 - 06:06 PM

You are right AJ, same reaction as with Celexa and Adderall. It should be alright but I have a tendency to error on the side of caution.

#519 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 07:06 PM

Thank you fish and I will I'm hoping it will help to slow my thinking so I can learn to relax my end goal is to be only on adderall or adderall and lamotragine how long should I wait before trying to come off cymbalta

#520 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,222 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 07 November 2018 - 07:17 PM

OK - i'm all caught up now, and know where this is going.

Asking how long to wait to come off is like asking how long a piece of string is.

I'm quite sure 'hat will agree in saying one step at a time. Worry about the cymbalta once you are sorted on the new combo. It would be like eating your desert along with your main course! 

Even though a slow withdrawal will be the way forward with your Cymbalta, I would still wait until you are in a position to feel able to take on the withdrawal. Also think of your life circumstances as well as those of your health. Whatever may occur over the next few weeks with your family may well invite stress (regardless of how it moves forward), and that is the last thing you want while going through a withdrawal. Trust me - I am living it at the moment. 

Don't jeapordise future happiness for an impatient withdrawal. We want to see you through this in ever possible best way man!

#521 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:05 PM

Ok iun that makes sense I get overly exited sometimes how are you doing today my friend

#522 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,222 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:51 PM

Still stressed - but I am hoping there are better days to follow.

Just done a few extra drops of CBD oil so I am already half asleep. So might be the last from me, but will catch up tomorrow.

I am really glad things are starting to turn around for you, but yes, don't get overly excited!! As a species, we tend to overdo it during these times :)

#523 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 11:12 PM

The wife told me tonight now that she wants to be single and that marriage counseling may be a waste of time and now I'm crying again I cant take it I dont know how to let go or if I should I am all over the place my heart is broken and I'm just so sad I didn't even think this would happen she gives me hope one day and takes it away the next I'm sorry

#524 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,222 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:02 AM

Oh good grief. That is not what you needed. Natural to feel all over the place about this.

But erratic behaviour is common in these circumstances. I would level with her and ask her to reconsider as she was considering it 48 hours ago - but give her a bit of time. Hormones can affect people decisions and behaviour, so be careful not to place any blame - as much as you may want to!

#525 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:38 AM

Did not sleep good at all obviously I did ask her to reconsider I guess we will see I'm nervous about taking the adderall but I'm gonna try i love you all I'll be posting all day as i am going through all this I'll still be withdrawing off the celexa over the next few months now getting divorced I will lean on you all if you let me

#526 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,222 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:52 AM

Can understand the sleep completely mate.

I'm also in a difficult place at the moment, but I will do what I can to help you.

#527 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:55 AM

And I'm here for you iun just tell me what you need being in the military is a brotherhood and I feel that way with all of you we can support each other i will do my best

#528 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:21 AM

IUN, as usual, got it right about when to start the Cymbalta withdrawal again. Your body will let you know when you are ready. You need to get your strength back first.

#529 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,222 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:48 AM

"being in the military is a brotherhood and I feel that way with all of you"

Those are some lovely words - thank you. 

Much like yourself, it is support that I need, and you all have your parts to play in my recovery and am forever grateful.

#530 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:19 AM

I'm anxious because if the new/old pill palm sweaty ribs hurt plus crying last night fragile emotional state

#531 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,222 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:51 AM

This is textbook. Anxiety is 95% about symptoms. Loose fear of the symptoms, and you loose the anxiety.

Far easier said than done, but its true as this is how we act towards anxiety when our brains aren't being silly.

Look into the work of Dr Claire Weekes. Some of the best work EVER written. She is a legend in the circle of anxiety sufferers. You can pick up her books for peanuts on eBay/Amazon. 

#532 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:46 PM

Ugh this anxiety Is holding on but my mind seems to be clearer and I can at least catch some if these thoughts

#533 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,222 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:45 PM

OK - see the positives. One step at a time. Don't look for miracles.

And with anxiety, try your best to focus on what you CAN do, not what you CAN'T. 

I'm awful for this - particularly first thing in the morning. I test myself by thinking "can I do xyz today?"... "probably not"... then I panic.

#534 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:18 PM

So today I was anxious from going back on the adderall my palms were sweaty and my left rib is sore in that area I'm exhausted lack if sleep and worrying about this pill plus my wife issues has really worn me down I feel like nerves are a nub now

#535 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,222 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:59 PM

Axle,

I know you are concerned about your sweaty palms, so did a quick dig to put your mind at ease;

"When someone is feeling anxious, part of their sympathetic nervous system goes into overdrive. This kicks off a cascade of effects throughout the body, such as a racing pulse, sweaty palms, shaky hands and dry mouth."

This is cited in a peer reviewed jounral (https://www.scienced...406736066986560), so observed in people suffering anxiety. You are normal!!

I know it won't cure all ills, but it's a start. Knowing and understanding can really help to ease anxiety.

Also - going back to Claire Weekes - if you want a good idea of her writing, listen to her audio book on YouTube. She had such a calming voice. If she were still with us, I would have been on the first Quantas flight to Australia for an appointment!

#536 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,222 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:01 PM

Wow - it even embeds it into my post - you don't even have to leave the forum!! :)

#537 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:54 PM

My rib hurts is that normal and I feel so so exhausted and a bit dizzy today

#538 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,222 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:06 PM

Exhaustion and dizzy spells are the most common for anxiety. Try your best to accept them as best you can.

Regarding your rib, this must be a muscle - possibly spasm. 

Is it all the time? 

Is it more painful when you breathe in.. or out?

What happens if you stretch your arms up when the pain is there - worse/better? 

The wife has had same. Intense pain under her left "shoulder boulder" :P

#539 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:14 PM

I can feel a burning sensation stabbing pain in my upper rib I've had it before I'm hoping it's just from being tense i think fish said I'm still withdrawing off celexa since that's an ssri and cymbalta is an SSnri

#540 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:38 AM

My exhaustion and pain and stuff cou look d it be from 2 days ago when my wife said she wanted s divorce again and I cried for like an hour

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users