2762 replies to this topic

#571 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:38 PM

Oddly enough, my dreams are much more frequent during withdrawal. They also seem to effect me much more.

As I have just written in my post, I had a dream last night that I smashed a tooth and was having to go to the dentist, then the roof of my apartment block was falling down and we all had to find somewhere else to live. I woke up in panic. Horrible.

Sometimes better not to have them in my experience...

#572 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:26 PM

And now I'm just anxious again and stressed

#573 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:31 PM

Same here man - I just cannot settle today.

Distracting just doesn't cut it either. The anxiety is there. But like 'Hat has said, it is the brain rewiring everything.

Regardless of the fact that I have Citalopram to "support" (which it feel like it ain't!), my brain is still very confused about unlearning one drug and re-learning the old one.

Cymbalta sucks.

SUCKS!

#574 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 04:37 PM

Iun yes yes it does so you went from cymbalra to celexa and I went from celexa to cymbalta and were both in the same situation its s nightmare

#575 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:00 PM

That should go away within 3 months of coming off the last dose.

#576 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:10 PM

So my last dose I think was beginning of September end of august so by December January it should get better

#577 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:38 PM

Iun yes yes it does so you went from cymbalra to celexa and I went from celexa to cymbalta and were both in the same situation its s nightmare

I went from Celexa (12 years) to Cymbalta (4 months to date) and back to Celexa.

Currently 30mg Celexa and 10mg Cymbalta. Am supposed to be completely off the Cymbalta in 13 days. 

#578 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:45 PM

The three months to "recover" is a ballpark based on what has been observed in others.

Could be sooner - may be fractionally longer. Each is different.

It is the not knowing that we find our weakness.

If someone could say "Hey Axle, on 4th January at 4.38pm, you will be free of the withdrawal", you'd feel much better knowing that than if you are in the state of not being able to know. Right?

#579 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 November 2018 - 06:01 PM

That should go away within 3 months of coming off the last dose.

Somehow I got screwed up. This post was suppose to be in regard to axeljames comment on sexual dysfunction. Sorry for the confusion.

#580 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 06:02 PM

Yes exactly I was on celexa 20mg 8 years adderall 10mg 8 years and lamotragine 200mg 8 year now cymbalta 30mg adderall 10mg and lamotragine cymbalta for about 2vmonths and adderall for 3 or 4 days so I'm most likely still feeling withdrawl from the celexa and could last 3 months till who knows is all this correct

#581 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 10 November 2018 - 06:54 PM

Think this was my misinterpretation 'Hat. But think most symptoms can similarly apply in so much that they are subjective.

Axle - This is the the question that lacks a definitive answer. Is it the Celexa causing withdrawal, or is it the Cymbalta not agreeing with you.

This is EXACTLY the question I was asking weeks ago which bought me to the forum. It was decided that the Cymbalta should have been covering my Celexa withdrawal, and given that I was getting loads of symptoms weeks after the switch that the Cymbalta was to blame - hence the withdrawal. And by all accounts, I was better coming off sooner rather than later.

Unfortunately, I was one of the 50% to have withdrawal effects - and also one of the 10% to have severe withdrawal. Cymbalta has a lot to answer for....

#582 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 07:23 PM

So then it goes back to the fact that 30 mg of cymbalta may not be enough to cover the celexa withdrawl but the celexa withdrawl will at some point be over and I could just ride it out on this low low dosage of cymbalta and once the celexa withdrawl is over I can try and tackle the cymbalta next does that make sense to anyone is there a way to find out if this is correct we know that normal therapeutic dosing of duloxetine is 60 mg

#583 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 10 November 2018 - 08:53 PM

All possible.

Bear in mind that 30mg Cymbalta is the equivalent to around 10mg Celexa (based on minimum therapeutic doses), but yes, the withdrawal will finish soon enough, at which point if you are strong enough, you can take on the Cymbalta. 

I won't lie to you, stats show that the longer you are on Cymbalta, the more likely you are to have more severe withdrawal.. HOWEVER, these studies do not show exactly how long the participants took to come off the Cymbalta. Therefore, if you are not in any great rush, and listen to your body, it shouldn't make much in the way of a difference. 

Again this is where I am at. Really struggling with the last 10mg, but is it the Cymbalta still in my system that is causing the problem? Who knows. 

But, coming of the damn stuff has to be done, so this is why I have called it in.

Might be hearing a lot of woes from me in the next couple of weeks!!

#584 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 10:24 PM

Iun I have your back bud for the next couple weeks feel free to come here and post whatever it helps me to even try to help you today I feel depressed again all of a sudden the wife told me last night she wants a divorce but to still be together like we are married I dont know how to take this she keeps saying it's just a piece of paper but yo me it's so much more

#585 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:50 AM

This is a philosophical question but I don't know where to turn so I'll turn here I have been praying for a sign for divine revelation for anything to show me God is real and I have got nothing I've gone in search of proof of God and found a lot of proof for and a lot of hypothesis against his existence yet i still am struggling this morning the thought came to that maybe God is waiting for me to step out in faith to bridge the gap

#586 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:34 AM

Strange goings-on with the wife situation there. You need some clarity as to why she has come to this decision. But tread carefully.

Remember what I said to you many days ago now. In some of our worse moments we doubt many things. You need to learn this, and if you always got answers when in doubt, it would not teach you about doubt. Does that make sense?

#587 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:54 AM

AxleJames,

We don't see God. But remember that God manifests himself through people and circumstances.

And who is responsible for your heart beats? The miracle of birth? Revelations that you have at times? Surely not a robot. Moments in your life that were like Godly, as simple as sitting in a forest and feeling It. Many ordinary moments for others but so divine for us.

Sit down for a moment and look back, you will find four or five rare moments where you said Thank you God for this.

At the moment, it's a tough job to be able to feel Good, I understand. Reflect in the past.
I have no more than 7 or 8 of these moments that I attributed to God. They are stored up in my mind. They once ask a king if he was happy, he answered that in his life, he could find five or six moments where he was truly happy.

#588 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:54 AM

Thanks Gail and iun I am reading up on christian mystics and I discovered which keeps happening that I'm just depressed again so everything is dull I feel alone and just have no fire for anything what concerns me is it just the celexa withdrawl still which will be another 6 months to a year or is it that I actually have a problem

#589 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:23 AM

I came off Celexa cold-turkey (well 2 weeks), and the physical symptoms (zaps, headaches, dizziness) took about 6 weeks to go, but as soon as they stopped, I had my relapse. I had been off Celexa for 6 weeks. Stress hit, anxiety, depression - the lot, I went back on Citalopram after about 2 weeks of feeling like this, and it was around 8 weeks before I felt stable. 

I had been on Celexa for 12 years at the time and have a very bad tolerance for withdrawal, so I sincerely doubt the withdrawal will take up to a year.

#590 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 12:44 PM

So I find myself in this very deep depression again this numbness what can I do to get out of it

#591 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 11 November 2018 - 01:47 PM

I really wish I had an answer for you. 

Counselling teaches us to do the things we find pleasure in doing - even if it is for only a few minutes. But you just don't feel like it at all. And that is depression.

If only it were that simple. 

#592 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 November 2018 - 04:45 PM

"thought came to that maybe God is waiting for me to step out in faith to bridge the gap"

Correct, faith is defined in as believing in something you can not see or prove. It is not up to God to show himself but up to you to have faith in him and his word.

#593 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 11 November 2018 - 05:15 PM

Choice words 'Hat.

I'm as guilty as the next person in not always considering the very definition of faith. 

#594 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:08 PM

Went to a healing drum circle tonight with my wife had an anxiety attack were talking shoulders by my ears and what felt like an hour long attack now I really dont feel good any ideas how to get through this feeling

#595 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:09 PM

Anxiety attack at a healing circle is ironic... but joking aside, I can sympathise Axle.

Following an attack (and during) deep breathing is a good start. In and out through nose, or in nose/out mouth. Breathe deep from the diaphragm (stomach).

Lie down while you are doing this. Picture your nicest getaway destination - maybe somewhere you went as a child - something with good memories. Start to think about the fine details. What you did each day, the feel of sand between your toes (if beach!), the taste of the food you may have eaten. Really focus on these details. Is what is the beginning of mindfulness.

Helps to have some binaural beats or similar through headphones. Loads on YouTube.

#596 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:01 PM

Why am I so focused on on my beliefs right now it's like I'm back at square one again I'm depressed and fearful it's like a bad dream I'm here questioning everything I'm depressed and anxious I feel so just empty and not right this is Horrible I second guess everything why is this happening to me how do I fix this I dont like this

#597 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:03 AM

I'm wondering if basically since I'm on the equivalent of 10mg of celexa while being on 20mg for 8 years before that I'm just going through withdrawls I'm sure we have covered this before but if I am and I've only been off completely since the end of august beginning of September is it possible I'm still going through them and it may be like this for the next 3 months or more at least

#598 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:30 AM

Definitely possible. Don't you just love antidepressants?

#599 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:45 AM

No I really dont how do I get through this

#600 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter