Has anyone had issues with caffeine

#32 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 20 October 2018 - 04:57 PM

You are more than welcome for support - it's what we are here for! 

I stopped tea the day I went back on Citalopram about a year ago. I did however drink 3 cups of tea whilst I was in hospital and up all night waiting to see someone about my reaction to some meds earlier in the year. Made me very active and noticably more anxious.

#33 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 October 2018 - 05:22 PM

Most members have had o give up caffeine, coffee, chocolate, power drinks, etc during withdrawal as it makes the anxiety worse.

#34 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 05:35 PM

Do you all think I should go back on citalopram and withdraw off that I was on citalopram 20mg for 8 years they took me off because they thought I was having a long qt but it turned out they had been reading the numbers wrong according to a cardiologist but by the time my regular dr figured that out I was already off and withdrawing from citalopram

#35 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 20 October 2018 - 05:52 PM

Yes - as you were stable on the Citalopram. I think it will be too much to just come off AD's altogether. I'd suggest you switch back, get yourself stable, wait until you don't have quite so much s**t in your personal life, and then take stock of the situation again.

Your path is just like mine, but 3 months behind!!

How on earth could they get that diagnosis wrong. Short or long QT is easily visible!! Good grief - that must have been a shock for you. They probably jumped to conclusions due to Citalopram known for doing that in some patients, but people can have QT syndrome for years without knowing. People even die not knowing.

#36 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 06:20 PM

I think I might try that invalid I go see my dr in a little over a week

#37 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 20 October 2018 - 06:52 PM

Keep us all posted - really would like to know how you get on...

...as I am sure I speak for us all.

#38 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 07:07 PM

That's the thing to my regular dr was upset because the mental health drs started to cut me off celexa without consulting my actual physician my dr Said that even with the score they said I had that she wasn't even concerned but mental health just decided to do what they would do having a roller coaster day I had a couple of cups of coffee cause I thought I was feeling better and now I'm just anxious keep thinking about death and worried that something bad is gonna happen even tho I'm only 36 this happens when I feel good

#39 juli

juli

Good Friend

• Site Supporter
  • 149 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:23 AM

Coffee was really very bad for me during withdrawl and for quite some time after. One cup in the morning and I trully regretted it all day - depression and anxiety hit very hard.  It's best to stay off of it even though it is very tempting.  Once I was pretty stable for a while I could manage a cup of black tea in the morning.  Now I can have a cup of coffee in the morning - so it isn't forever :)  :)

#40 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:26 AM

Has anyone had the feeling of like your gonna die soon like dwelling on it I keep looking up after life stuff and paranormal stuff I cant sem to focus on anything else atm

#41 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:31 AM

Same here Juli. But I could take decaf. AxleJames, decaf is real good, the regular like you took must have triggered that anxiety.

What are your plans Axle? Back to Celexa or cymbalta orjust push through?

#42 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:40 AM

Idk what my plans are I need to get stable for sure right now I'm dealing with the death thing any help

#43 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 21 October 2018 - 10:40 AM

Has anyone had the feeling of like your gonna die soon like dwelling on it I keep looking up after life stuff and paranormal stuff I cant sem to focus on anything else atm

EXACTLY where I was this time last year. I have so many books on the topic that I bought. Seriously. Colin Fry, George Anderson, Helen Greaves, James Van Praagh, Sylvia Browne - and these are just the authors I can bring to mind. Tell what sort of thing you would like to read, and I will point you in the right direction.

Don't be scared or ashamed to read. It will really help. Just be mindful of some of the opinions of some authors. Again, I can tell you which IMO are the ones to read.

I have never admitted this to anyone online, but I am also a qualified Parapsychologist. In my earlier life, I used to investigate paranormal/after life phenomena.

I'm a weirdo aren't I.... :s

#44 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 11:14 AM

No not at all invalid that is amazing I am a skeptic not like the ones who are out to disprove to me I'm more like philosophical about it since you mentioned it I was very close to my sister and after she passed I expected something anything of a sign she would reach out to me why do they not sometimes if it's ok I ask I m interested in proof of the afterlife scientific

#45 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 21 October 2018 - 11:31 AM

OK - Scole Experiment (still a valid and respected early proof), the work of Gary Schwartz (esp. "The Afterlife Experiments"), and the files of Leslie Flint.

That should get you started.Try to approach everything on the middle ground and not entirely as a skeptic. If something is unproven, it can go either way. In my experience, there is so much more evidence by comparison to the contrary. But everyone needs to arrive at their own conclusion. 

#46 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 21 October 2018 - 11:54 AM

I started my reading on the subject 30 years ago. My first was Raymond Moody, Life after life.

My friend experimented NDE last year, he didn't want to come back but had to. They all say that once you've lived A near death experience, no one wants to come back. Beautiful stuff to read.

#47 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 21 October 2018 - 12:19 PM

I, too, am very interested in the paranormal.  There are several TV shows that I watch - Ghost Adventures, Paranormal Survivor, and Dead Files to name a few - they are fascinating to me!  These are all real things that these people have experienced.

I believe in the paranormal but have not experienced anything except the  beautiful cardinals that my daughter sends me.

The lady in Dead Files has the ability to see dead people and they see her and she can talk with them as well.  Sometimes these are not things that I would like to see.

Thank you for the book info - I will be checking them out...

#48 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 21 October 2018 - 12:35 PM

Yes Gail... of course. How could I forget Dr Moody - oh and Kubler-Ross (sp?). She was the leader behind it all and did some fantastic work.

NDE's are a huge thing now that people are open to talking about them. Do you know the famous "red shoe" story?

Regarding mediums, I am convinced that they loose their abilities as they get older, and as the grey matter deteriorates. But due to the pressure and hype, a lot of them carry on. Van Praagh has lost it a lot and I wish he would just retire with his hubby and two dogs.

I shy away from the TV stuff myself - prefer to read. Could give you some wonderful stories of my experiences Trying :)

#49 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 01:07 PM

What I dont understand is why haven't I experienced anything supernatural like I feel like I'm open to it yet nothing also this is a good distraction for me so I appreciate the conversation

#50 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 01:54 PM

My other question is why are there so many people out there who say it's made up or they poke holes in the experiments I was reading and something pooped up about this or that is fake or they prove an explanation and now I'm anxious scared and depressed any help please

#51 juli

juli

Good Friend

• Site Supporter
  • 149 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 05:35 PM

I think it would be a good idea to focus on something else right now.  If this is triggering your anxiety it's best to give it a rest.  Go for a walk or watch some mindless tv.  Anything else that can distract you?

#52 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 06:23 PM

If I was on celexa for 8 years and been off for about 2 months could I still be feeling the effects of withdrawl

#53 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 21 October 2018 - 06:29 PM

"why are there so many people out there who say it's made up or they poke holes in the experiments"

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It still baffles me why people go out of their way to make attempts to disprove something like this. But Juli is right, if this is causing overthinking, wait until you are in the right mind to enjoy reading about it. Don't go with anything too intellectually heavy - something a bit lighter perhaps. Experiments may cause you to create more of a thinking chain reaction. 

"If I was on celexa for 8 years and been off for about 2 months could I still be feeling the effects of withdrawl"

On the contrary, I would be amazed if you weren't. When I stopped Citalopram June last year (weened off over 2 weeks - way too quick), I was still having withdrawal in October. Don't let that scare you, but just to say this is par for the course.

#54 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 07:59 PM

Invalid you are so valuable between you and fish and others you've all put things In perspective and yeah I'm gonna stop reading into deep thought stuff not good for me for sure as i saud before too they put me in cymbalta to help with withdrawls but only helps a little

#55 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,217 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 21 October 2018 - 08:39 PM

Good man. Stay strong - you'll get thru this.

#56 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 October 2018 - 08:38 AM

IUN said...

""If I was on celexa for 8 years and been off for about 2 months could I still be feeling the effects of withdrawl"

On the contrary, I would be amazed if you weren't. When I stopped Citalopram June last year (weened off over 2 weeks - way too quick), I was still having withdrawal in October. Don't let that scare you, but just to say this is par for the course."

As usual he is right on the money.

#57 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 11:43 AM

It's good to know that I'm most likely experiencing withdrawls from the citalopram and just transition in general I'm taking duloxetine which is generic cymbalta does that make a difference

#58 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 October 2018 - 01:03 PM

Typically it does not make a difference.

#59 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 02:34 PM

I have Adhd also and when they took me off celexa they took me off adderall cold Turkey as well now there is talk of me going back on that because I cant seem to gather my thoughts what are your thoughts I value all if your opinions

#60 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 October 2018 - 02:42 PM

It is standard medical recommendation by the manufacturer to taper off Adderall before discontinuing an antidepressant. Cold turkey Adderall is not recommended and can cause some serious problems. In other words your dr is an idiot. If I get time I will post some info for you on the subject. It is no wonder you can't gather your thoughts. This could take months to stablize.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users