2761 replies to this topic

#91 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 24 October 2018 - 07:32 AM

That's just it Gail - a veil over the brain. Nice choice of words. Describes very well.

We should never forget those in the service who are suffering. I think it is so wrong when I see so many not getting the support they deserve after such a trauma. 

#92 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 08:06 AM

I'm anxious again today Noush I didn't want to switch meds the VA made me I have only been on cymbalta for about a month and a half on 30 mg for almost a month they started me at 20 then move to 30 I went to 60 did not like that so I'm back on 30 was on 60 for 4 days but went back to 30 about a week ago

#93 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 08:09 AM

Could all of this anxiety I'm feeling be due to just needing to give it time and basically I'm just not stable because im withdrawing from celexa and the duloxetine 30 mg isn't enough to get me to stable

#94 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 24 October 2018 - 08:21 AM

"I'm back on 30 was on 60 for 4 days but went back to 30 about a week ago"

You've answered your own question. You have got another withdrawal going on here. 4 days on 60mg, and then down to 30mg is going to have its own effects. These could last another few days or so. But they will pass.

Remember that when upping your dose, it will take at least 2 weeks to stabalise and maybe another week to feel the effects. 4 days on a higher dose and you will only be feeling the side effects.

#95 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 08:24 AM

Thank you IUN I hope that all this isn't upsetting your issues I have a job interview today and am anxious didn't sleep well at all last night and just want to go back to bed my current job gives me way to much time to think and over think just wish these problems would go away

#96 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 24 October 2018 - 08:35 AM

I'm right with you there mate. 

When in this state, problems are amplified so much. The wrong word from someone can be enough to set you off for hours.

So, job interview? Good stuff. Just remember that everyone gets anxious about a job interview. Not just you. It is a perfectly normal reaction. If anything, we have more practise as we are anxious most of the time, so you will be well prepared :) :)

Best of luck - let us all know how it goes....

#97 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 10:12 AM

I got the job trying to hold on to the fact that I've only been fully off celexa for about a month this all can be just withdrawls right

#98 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 10:31 AM

Does it matter 60mg or 30mg to withdraw from cymbalta I mean if the doctor says I have to go to 60 to deal with the celexa withdrawl does it matter what dosage your on and come off of

#99 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 01:05 PM

Now I'm tired and cant sleep is this normal

#100 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 01:11 PM

Congratulations on getting the job Axle! Well done!

Just for the record, 30mg of Duloxetine was my starting dose & was not enough to have a positive effect on me. Within about a week of increasing to 40mg I felt so much better. Maybe another 10mg is what you need. However, that is another 10mg that you will need to wean off when the time comes. Or the Duloxetine may simply not be agreeing with you. It's not one size fits all.

#101 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 01:12 PM

Would 30mg eventually get me stable

#102 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:12 PM

Iun I need some help here when you went off celexa and you went through withdrawls for 4 months were you having good days and bad sometimes up and down basically everything we talk about on here for 4 months if so that helps me understand that I'm going through celexa withdrawl right and it might last that long before I get stable

#103 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:14 PM

And the cymbalta is supposed to help with the process

#104 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:14 PM

Anyone is this a situation where if I just suffer through all of this at the 30mg I may co mn e out five in a month or 3 or is this forever if I dont get new or more meds

#105 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:39 PM

Could some if this what I'm feeling be part of the nervous breakdown I had at the beginning of coming off the adderall completely and the coming off the celexa

#106 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:40 PM

OK - so first up - well done on the job. Make sure you congratulate yourself here. You've taken a big step here. Keep it together and it will work out well. Interview was the hardest part and you have done that.

Noush is right - there is no way to tell how these drugs will affect one person from the next. I was on 60mg Dulox with 10mg Cital, and this was enough to start giving me very mild serotonin syndrome. Others could tolerate that quite easily.

30mg is a very low dose for depression and GAD - 60mg is the theuraputic suggestion. But what you need to do here is weigh up the odds. On the one hand, you will at some point need to come through the withdrawal, and going back up a dose is simply delaying the inevitable. On the other hand, if you feel you are really not that stable, then it is far better to up the dose, and work backwards from there. 

The problem is, you have gone 30, to 60, and back to 30. Going back to 60 is really going to mix your melon, but you will stabalise. I have been weening off the Dulox and gone back to Cit as I knew where I was on that. 

My personal feelings here is that you are getting a lot of your anxiety from the withdrawal effects - just as I was. It is only natural. The issue I had was the withdrawal effects was masking my intolerence of Dulox, but it took me 8 weeks to find that out. Don't write off the possiblity of the same happening in your situation.

I would proffer two suggestions;

1. Go to 60mg knowing you will NEED to wait 2-3 weeks to stabalise, and then consider coming down from there, or...

2. Start cross-tapering back over to Cit. Stabalise on that, and consider coming off when you know how you feel.

I would be happier to hear what fishinghat first thou. Whilst I have become well-versed in these procedures, he does have more experience behind him.

#107 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 04:13 PM

So I've only been off the 60mg for 6 days could the stuff I'm feeling just be the withdrawl from that even tho I was on it first 4 days only if so could I just push through and then decide if I should go back up or switch to another anti my aapt with my dr is on the 31st I am going to request off the cymbalta and get back on my adderall so this is the timeline can you all read and give me advice on it I was on celexa 20mg lamotragine 200mg and adderall 10mg for 8 years I had a caffeine scare in July and they thought my meds were going to or was causing long qt (it wasnt) they took me off adderall at the end of august along with cutting my celexa in half for about 2 weeks so 10mg then completely off around this time I didn't know about withdrawls I thought I was dying I was in bed for a week with severe diareah and acid indigestion and heart palpitations I had all these issues for about 3 weeks after a bunch of tests dr said physically I was ok just very anxious got a new dr and put me on cymbalta 20mg for about a month then the beginning of October I was bumped up to 30mg after 2 weeks go up to 60 went up to 60 less than a week ago did not like how I felt and went back to 30 mg that was 6 days ago so my question is this with the emotional breakdown and withdrawl is it possible I dont have Gad or depression and all of this is just a product of med changes

#108 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:11 PM

This could be from coming of the Celexa, the Adderall, the drop from 60 to 30 on the Cymbalta (even though only 4 days) or a combination of any or all of these. It is possible that you may not have GAD or any mental illness BUGT that is probably un likely. The only thing you can do right now is just hold on until you become stabile. After that you can slowly, very slowly, try to see how well you can do on less meds.

In the Medical Support section of this site is a thread called "Summary of Cymbalta Withdrawal". This is a summary of all the things members have tried that worked and even what did not work, medical research, diet, etc. I would suggest you read through there as you have time and pick out the information that you feel would be useful to you. There is a section on Omega 3 in there that is very good. It would be a good thing for you to try but be sure to get the right type.

#109 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:17 PM

Thank you fishing tbh I think I have ADHD I hope

#110 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:27 PM

These types of conditions are so similar and symptoms overlap so it can be hard to tell yet it can make a big world of difference in treatment. ADHD, not a walk in the park either. Ahh, don't we wish there was a simple blood test and tell us what the issue is?

#111 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:43 PM

Fish I would have to but my omega at Walmart any suggestions from there if I understand correctly I could hold out a few more weeks on the 30 and see if I stabilise and then make a decision and for now just ride this withdrawl out am I understanding this correctly sir

#112 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:49 PM

Just ride it out. Any effects from the Cymbalta changes should settle down in 3 or 4 days at the most.

Any withdrawal from Celexa, Adderall could take some time but will improve. Please keep us posted on what symptoms you are having. After a few days your symptoms should start to develop into a pattern. At that point we can put or heads together and see what we can suggest you try.

Walmarts for Omega 3 is fine. Just try to buy one high in epa and dha that you can take at 2000 to 3000 mg/day.

#113 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:30 PM

3 or 4 days on top of the 6 days already right and sounds good I will keep you all up I want to say once again as a veteran who is dealing with the VA I feel like I get more care and support here than at the facilities I go to you all are amazing is it normal to feel like more time has passed than it has like i didn't realize it had only been a few months for me it feels like I've been going through this for 6 months and it's really only been a few

#114 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 24 October 2018 - 07:06 PM

Some good advice from the 'hat here. Familiarise yourself with the information gathered so you can be aware of just how much people have gone through during withdrawal. Remember these pills control your brain.... your brain controls the rest of the body. Therefore, many things are possible as a result of dose changes or withdrawal. Just try not to get too caught up in it all. When I first joined the guys here, the doctor was preparing me for the possibility that I had colitis. A week later following advice here, and it was all cleared up.

But for now commit to getting stable. It is so easy when you have had a bad day to just go for extra meds, or stop... but this will only make you worse. It will take a few days, but the brain needs a steady feed of ONE dose. You will then have a line in the sand from which you can work from. Your safety place if you will....

I still think a second opinion of your initial diagnosis should be top of the list of priorities... please consider this.

#115 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 24 October 2018 - 07:48 PM

Hi AxleJames,

Yep, bad days seems like they last forever.

I would take note every day of the way that you are feeling. A little light here and there, a few good moments etc.

I do this, and during the week end, it was big depression. I was sure the it had been a week or so of this. Looking through my notes, it was two days. Seemed so longer. Always here for you AxleJames!

#116 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 08:42 PM

All of you are so invaluable thank you

#117 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 October 2018 - 07:28 AM

VA sucks.

#118 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 08:09 AM

I think I forgot my meds last night had a crying spell with my wife and popped 5mg of melatonin had bad dreams and I think I had heart palpitations while I slept since I was dreaming of it happening in any case I woke up at took the cymbalta right away but today I feel flu like symptoms I'm tired woozy shaky feel disconnected I dont want to do anything I'm supposed to work today and go to psychologist but I just want to crawl into bed need help

#119 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 25 October 2018 - 08:14 AM

VA = Veteran Affairs? Can someone elaborate so I know for future....

Head fog and anxiety this end Axle, so bed is also calling me, It is difficult when there is all this information about meds flying around your head. Which do I take, when do I take it, did I forget? 

Try your best to continue your daily routine. I know it is very hard some days. Some days it just helps to know there is someone else going thru the same.

#120 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 October 2018 - 11:31 AM

"VA = Veteran Affairs? Can someone elaborate so I know for future...."

Correct, a branch of the government. Their medical services are notoriously slow, poor quality and many errors. Over the years it has been riddled with fraud and such.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users